**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Allow me to earn more Gold

13»

Comments

• BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★

Badrose said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

Infinitely farmable sure... But also infinitely mind numbing... I have resigned to the fact that I loathe arena, and will not be acquiring gold through that means. It really depends on the person because I legitimately cannot play arena. Plus the amount I would need to play each day is just insane for me. Even spending 30 minutes a day would be too much.

I generally do 12+m 5*F / 4m 4*F / 1.5m 4*B over 3 days.

Main problem is people use “life” as an excuse to be lazy (similar to how “work can be tiring and I don’t have the energy to exercise”), then put the blame on someone else.
    Main problem is people use their life as an excuse to say other people is lazy. You are spending HOURS every day
    grinding arena, then you have AW, AQ, monthly missions, story... what else? Good for you but that's not exaclty easy for everyone. I used to grind arenas everytime, now I can barely run the arena on Sunday. It's a game, life has other priorities.

Real problem is rewards are strongly outdated. They made some changes in crystal shards and "cats" but we still get gold rewards for stuff that was made when 3* ruled the game

Then maybe those players can I don't know... not be able to make every rank up the second they want to and actually have to wait a bit to do it. This type of game isn't a sprint. Time or money, you have to spend one. If you spend neither, then you're going to mover slower than those that do. That's not a bad thing but it's something you're going to have to accept
    Sure, we all know spending (time or money) is the best option to improve, but we are at a point where to rank a 6* you have to spend millions while the gold sources are almost the same of 5 years ago. This is the MAIN PROBLEM and it's a fact.

So having someone preaching people they are lazy in life because the solution is grinding arenas every single day for hours, is not acceptable.

Completing an uncollected event or a path in act 6 should give you something big and not just some k of gold which is insulting at this point.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    People with gold issues just refuse to accept the fact that there are others out there who are more hardworking than them, more willing than them, to put in effort or money to solve a “problem” that has a clear solution.

They’re also blind to the fact that no matter how much gold is given to them, with their spending vs acquisition rate, they’ll always be in a gold problem.

Weirdly enough, I have 2 alts that do 0 arena, and are still sitting on 4-5m of gold. If I didn’t have them, I might agree that there’s a gold problem. But given the fact that there’s no arena done, and just based purely off spending habits, they don’t have a gold issue, then I can quite safely conclude that it’s just people wanting more than they are willing to put in effort to get.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Badrose said:

Badrose said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

Infinitely farmable sure... But also infinitely mind numbing... I have resigned to the fact that I loathe arena, and will not be acquiring gold through that means. It really depends on the person because I legitimately cannot play arena. Plus the amount I would need to play each day is just insane for me. Even spending 30 minutes a day would be too much.

Main problem is people use “life” as an excuse to be lazy (similar to how “work can be tiring and I don’t have the energy to exercise”), then put the blame on someone else.
    Main problem is people use their life as an excuse to say other people is lazy. You are spending HOURS every day
    grinding arena, then you have AW, AQ, monthly missions, story... what else? Good for you but that's not exaclty easy for everyone. I used to grind arenas everytime, now I can barely run the arena on Sunday. It's a game, life has other priorities.

Real problem is rewards are strongly outdated. They made some changes in crystal shards and "cats" but we still get gold rewards for stuff that was made when 3* ruled the game

Then maybe those players can I don't know... not be able to make every rank up the second they want to and actually have to wait a bit to do it. This type of game isn't a sprint. Time or money, you have to spend one. If you spend neither, then you're going to mover slower than those that do. That's not a bad thing but it's something you're going to have to accept
    while the gold sources are almost the same of 5 years ago. This is the MAIN PROBLEM and it's a fact.
    The sources are the same as 5 years ago? Have you updated your game because there's A LOT more sources now than back then.
    Probably it's because of my bad english, but I'm pretty sure you don't want to understand on purpose.

Uncollected + Master is just 50K in a month.
    Single chapter of act 6 is just 30K.
    A single fight in arena still give you the same gold
    A single duel still give you the same gold
    Gold in weekly missions is irrelevant
    No more gold in AQ

This was good years ago when we had 3 or 4 stars to rank up, not enough for 5 or 6 stars. The solution is grinding arenas? Yeah, I know, If you can play hours, then bravo, you deserve to have the double of my 5*R5/6*R2 roster or whatever it is. But the rewards are outdated (or low) anyway and (to answer the next message) it has nothing to do with spending habits, effort, understending life. That is just a blah blah blah
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Badrose said:

ItsDamien said:

Badrose said:

Badrose said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

while the gold sources are almost the same of 5 years ago. This is the MAIN PROBLEM and it's a fact.
    The sources are the same as 5 years ago? Have you updated your game because there's A LOT more sources now than back then.
    Probably it's because of my bad english, but I'm pretty sure you don't want to understand on purpose.

No more gold in AQ

This was good years ago when we had 3 or 4 stars to rank up, not enough for 5 or 6 stars. The solution is grinding arenas? Yeah, I know, If you can play hours, then bravo, you deserve to have the double of my 5*R5/6*R2 roster or whatever it is. But the rewards are outdated (or low) anyway and (to answer the next message) it has nothing to do with spending habits, effort, understending life. That is just a blah blah blah
    In that same few years,
    - Gold has been shifted to the first 3 milestones of arena. (It’s obvious that the intention of Kabam is not to give gold for free and will require abit of effort to obtain.)
    - 4/5* shards are much much much more available, this means more dupes and more ISOs to sell. (I just sold 200k worth of ISOs that are expiring in 24 hours from my stash today).
    - Lowering arena costs to find matches. (Once again, effort.)
    - Removing T1A and T4B arena entry costs.
    - Lowering Gold costs for running AQ Maps.
    - Introducing a weekly Gold Quest for those who are willing to pay for the Sigil.
    - Making side quests a monthly event (this was usually once every 3 months in the past) for additional rewards that significantly boost 4/5* acquisition that translates to more dupes hence ISOs. (Once again, effort.)

It’s just so convenient to omit all these improvements in the bid to justify why there’s a gold “problem”.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Well! I used to have 22 million golds and decided to be the nice guy in my former alliance as lots of those mates had gold issue and couldn’t rank some desired champions... I gave 20million golds for them to try grinding and use those golds to level/rank up those desired champions which didn’t really help that much as they didn’t put in the effort to spend time on the game. I work 100% 7am - 16:00pm and I do little arena during my 3x break times. Slowly but steady the gold is climbing back to 1.2million now. Then I got my dog that need long walks, then do food to next work day and I maybe have three or four hours left to game before giving my dog his last night walk before bed. I don’t see the issue of gold problems. I think people just need to find a time of their whole day scheme that fit them to grind some golds little by little.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    14 hrs a week is 20% of 'free time' if you allow 8 hrs of sleep and 40 hr work week. Imagine spending 20% of your free time a month and still not being able to r5 and level a 5* champion. Ridiculous

Edit: this obviously takes into account paying Map 6 or higher gold donations
  • UvealfireUvealfire Posts: 14
    The gold issue is an interesting situation, as for the first time in about 3 months I have 600,000 gold mostly due to incursion milestone reset. This idea that someone is lazy because they have to work, and don't have the time gets old. This game takes time and a lot of it, pure and simple. This is why although I have a good roster, I will always be a casual player. Consider the time invested in just a day for playing this game and hitting milestones, and I will error towards the lower amount of time. AQ- 5 minutes x 4 logins= 20 minutes approx. AW- 5 minutes x 4 logins= 20 minutes approximately. Grinding arena milestones takes 22-25 (35-45 minutes) fights 3 times for milestones. So if you do all 3 arenas basic, featued 4 & 5 that's at minimum 105 minutes (35x3). If you an event quest that's probably another 10-15 minutes. Total AQ 20, AW 20, Arena 105, EQ 10= 155 minutes (2.5 hours and this is actually on the low end of estimates.)

Second calculation only gold mile stones which is about 7 fights per arena (10-14 minutes). No need to multiple by 3 since you can do one per day.
    Total AQ 20, AW 20, Arena 10, EQ 10= 60 (1 hr/day probably more reasonable.)

Also incursions is great source, maybe the best. Takes about an hour every 5 days for 100k gold and the reset gives about 500k every 30 day. This event gives about 1.1M gold for 6 hours of play over a month which is probably most efficient.

In any case, trying to tell people to grind all the milestones is crazy talk to anyone who works a lot. I work 10 hours/day for 5-6 days a week and grinding all milestones seems insane to me. Grinding just the first 3 is much more reasonable, but let's not act like this game doesn't take a lot of time, it's 1-2.5 hrs. a day just for gold and regular alliance questing. Incursions is a good start, but there definitely does need to be some faster ways to get gold and probably even ISO as well. Doing full milestones every arena is not a good solution for most players who have work and families.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Small suggestion from my sigil friends, they don’t trade in the 2000 4* shards for 5* shards anymore, those 4* crystals contain the iso(sellable for gold) clearly a bottleneck for those grinding less than an hour a day religiously. Whilst this is a suggestion, it’s also an example of why 5* and 6* crystals should have a bump in iso rewards, it’s all just starting to look like lazy game design to me
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Badrose said:

ItsDamien said:

Badrose said:

Badrose said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

No more gold in AQ

In that same few years,
    - Gold has been shifted to the first 3 milestones of arena. (It’s obvious that the intention of Kabam is not to give gold for free and will require abit of effort to obtain.)
    - 4/5* shards are much much much more available, this means more dupes and more ISOs to sell. (I just sold 200k worth of ISOs that are expiring in 24 hours from my stash today).
    - Introducing a weekly Gold Quest for those who are willing to pay for the Sigil.
    - Making side quests a monthly event (this was usually once every 3 months in the past) for additional rewards that significantly boost 4/5* acquisition that translates to more dupes hence ISOs. (Once again, effort.)

It’s just so convenient to omit all these improvements in the bid to justify why there’s a gold “problem”.
    All of these were positive changes, but some things in the past few months have a chance to be a wave that washes those gains away (and more).

In more recent months, Kabam has restricted access to 4-star shards in several events by using entry tickets. This month is a prime example. Rifts worked the same way. While the sidequests gave good rewards, the recent pattern is that endgame players get fewer 4-star shards than before.

Meanwhile, “roster maintenance costs” have gone up - rankup materials are far, far more prevalent. Higher ranks are incredibly expensive. At various points in my 3+ years playing, there have been an array of bottleneck resources, and I think we’re heading towards a phase where gold and iso become those bottlenecks.

Another recent issue - mixed-map players are getting boned by these AQ tickets, so they’re paying substantially more for AQ than they were a month ago, and 100k in gold was removed from rewards. A map 6 player in a 655 crew loses 140k net per cycle compared to the old system, and pays more chips and loyalty. That’s going to be a roadblock to them developing deeper endgame rosters, and that sucks.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

xNig said:

Badrose said:

ItsDamien said:

Badrose said:

Badrose said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

No more gold in AQ

In that same few years,

All of these were positive changes, but some things in the past few months have a chance to be a wave that washes those gains away (and more).

In more recent months, Kabam has restricted access to 4-star shards in several events by using entry tickets. This month is a prime example. Rifts worked the same way. While the sidequests gave good rewards, the recent pattern is that endgame players get fewer 4-star shards than before.

Meanwhile, “roster maintenance costs” have gone up - rankup materials are far, far more prevalent. Higher ranks are incredibly expensive. At various points in my 3+ years playing, there have been an array of bottleneck resources, and I think we’re heading towards a phase where gold and iso become those bottlenecks.

Another recent issue - mixed-map players are getting boned by these AQ tickets, so they’re paying substantially more for AQ than they were a month ago, and 100k in gold was removed from rewards. A map 6 player in a 655 crew loses 140k net per cycle compared to the old system, and pays more chips and loyalty. That’s going to be a roadblock to them developing deeper endgame rosters, and that sucks.
    Good thing they've come up with a solution to those mixed map groups isn't it? Check the Announcements section.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Gotta love someone starting a thread like this and then just disappearing lol. Wonder if they are off doing arena lol
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

TyEdge said:

xNig said:

Badrose said:

ItsDamien said:

Badrose said:

Badrose said:

xNig said:

Werewrym said:

No more gold in AQ

In that same few years,

Good thing they've come up with a solution to those mixed map groups isn't it? Check the Announcements section.
    Glad to hear that’s resolved. I had been bumping a thread daily and not receiving any update whatsoever.

It’s disappointing for players to hear, but the reality is that people need to rank fewer champs. I probably have 85-90 5-stars. With more than a dozen maxed out, the only ones who will impact my roster are ones that’d go to at least 4/55. Well, if they aren’t going to 4/55, don’t take them to 3/45. Get your 24 level ups for event points and call it a day.

It makes your roster look weird because you have quality champs at low ranks, but any marginal benefit you derive from ranking them is offset by massive costs. Now, if you’re neck deep in gold and iso, do whatever you want. If you’re short, the bottom of your roster is the first place to cut.