**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

TBH

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Actually people are complaining because they made the Map free AFTER they donated Resources. Only no matter when they did it, it had to be after SOMEONE donated. They're not going to give Tickets to people running Maps 6 and 7, and Resources to people running Map 5. People running Map 5 don't have to pay anymore. Just be happy with that.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Nobody ever said...well I never said give resources back to players who only ran Map 5.

Kabam could give every player back their resources donated, and players who run Map 6&7 can purchase tickets with said resources.

I know that'll be too much work tho, so it's easier to just give out AQ tickets — so again, my alliance is strictly Map 5, so allow us to sell the tickets we received for resources.

SIMPLE!!!
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

...I don't think that's what he was saying, Pulya.

Can you explain?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

"Just a heads up. We're going to crack down on loaders, so keep your Gold."
    Doesn't really have a ring to it.

What do you mean? If kabam had announced that they were going to implement a system which will make treasury obsolete, I am sure people would have stopped donating immediately if they already have enough to run for one or 2 months. That was an idiotic move by them and it should be criticized. An announcement saying we are going to delete all treasury from this date and people donating excess will not be refunded would have gone a long way. I am sure people would have complained for that too, but it would be far less work for them to sort out donations and return them
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    I WANT MY GOLD BACK !!!!!!
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Nah, that wouldn't be fair to other players.

How. Give back the actual resource that was donated, much more fair than just stealing it
    It gives donating players an advantage over the non-donating players.

Player A has 2,000,000 gold. They donate 1,000,000 to their treasury. They cannot take this gold out now.

Player B has 1,000,000 gold. They don't donate.

Both players have 1,000,000 gold now. They both rank up a champ. Now, they have no gold. They are both at the same standing.

But, now the 1,000,000 gold Player A donated is now given back, which means he now has 1,000,000 gold, while Player B has 0.

That means Player A can rank up another champ, putting them in a better position than Player B.

Normally, this wouldn't happen at all, since once you put in your resources into the Treasury, you can't get them back. Player A now has an unfair advantage.
    It honestly surprises me how stupid people can get, he doesn’t have an “unfair” advantage because he had 2 million gold to begin with, the other person had 1 million gold to begin with, the person could’ve ranked up a second champ but donated, now he’s getting the refund because HE DONATED, how can humanity ever reach this level of stupidity.
    Yes, the player with 2 million gold had the advantage to start with, but he chose to give up that advantage. He can't get the refund because THAT'S NOT HOW THE TREASURY WORKS.

Honestly, y'all, it's not that hard to get.

How. Give back the actual resource that was donated, much more fair than just stealing it

Player A has 2,000,000 gold. They donate 1,000,000 to their treasury. They cannot take this gold out now.

Both players have 1,000,000 gold now. They both rank up a champ. Now, they have no gold. They are both at the same standing.

But, now the 1,000,000 gold Player A donated is now given back, which means he now has 1,000,000 gold, while Player B has 0.

That means Player A can rank up another champ, putting them in a better position than Player B.

Normally, this wouldn't happen at all, since once you put in your resources into the Treasury, you can't get them back. Player A now has an unfair advantage.
    So what you call fair is someone grinding out a million more gold to give to the Ally and now it won't be used so they shouldn't give it back because the other guy who doesn't donate and grind for the extra gold will be out of gold? Lol doesn't really sound fair to me at all.
    Well, yes. It was your choice to donate. No one forced you to donate. You could've just used the gold you got to upgrade your champions. Instead, you chose to help out your alliance.

What do you mean "it won't be used"? It'll be used in the form of tickets. You were never able to get your resources back, period. Why should this be any different?
    So how is someone in a map 5 alliance going to use them then?
    Map 5 is free. So their Donations paid for an indefinite pass.
    No, their donations paid for Map 5 and left them high and dry once they made it free. Sure they have tickets proportionate to what they donated. But that only leaves Map 6 and Map 7 players who can actually use the tickets, which gives them an advantage. Point is, I wouldn't say the donations payed off because quite frankly it was a developer choice for convenience. I just find that the tickets cater to a specific audience, it helps the Map 6 and Map 7 players but leaves the tickets useless for alliances running neither.
    But for alliances running neither, why would you have resources stockpiled up? If you're only running Map 5, why not just donate in exact for that week? There would be disadvantage for Map 5 players if they just paid in exact.
    Maybe to go for a Map 5 questing spree? I know there are alliances that stock up on resources to just let it all rip. It's like cutting an onion and putting each individual piece in after cutting it or just waiting till you cut the whole onion and then put them in the dish.
    No, that's like cutting half an onion because you only need half an onion. Of course, if you chop that other half, it'll be easier to use if you're going to use it all soon. If you're not, it just sits there, rotting. Just donate what you need to, and there wouldn't be this problem.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Except it is? Because Kabam has said *they are giving out those refunds*.

YoMoves said:

No. Their Donations were made before it was even free. As soon as it was, they disabled the Treasury. They paid for X amount of Map 5 and got a lifetime pass.

This argument falls apart when you consider lower maps were still free beforehand. So if someone has only ever done map 3 their whole life now wants to do map 5, that's apparently going to be paid for by the people who were doing map 5?

No matter how you look at it, there is a disproportionately unfair treatment *somewhere*. Whether you try to push it on the map 5 guys, the map 6-7 guys, or Kabam, what's clear is there is faulty judgment and decision making at play here on someone's part. If there wasn't, there wouldn't even be this argument. Something is flawed and you are trying to act like there isn't anything wrong.
    Don't bother arguing with him he's got boots to lick
    No, I just don't want people to have advantages over non-donators. They made choices that gave their advantage away. It was their choice.
    YoMoves said:

Except it is? Because Kabam has said *they are giving out those refunds*.

They're giving out refunds in terms of tickets. This is because you can't use tickets for anything but AQ. They recognize that giving back resources would be unfair.

Nobody ever said...well I never said give resources back to players who only ran Map 5.

Kabam could give every player back their resources donated, and players who run Map 6&7 can purchase tickets with said resources.

I know that'll be too much work tho, so it's easier to just give out AQ tickets — so again, my alliance is strictly Map 5, so allow us to sell the tickets we received for resources.

SIMPLE!!!

You're not getting the point. Giving back resources would be UNFAIR to the players who don't donate.
    edited June 2020
    Yeah, and making map 5 free is unfair to the people who played map 5 and donated, while those who did beneath that never once had to when they move up/do map 5 now that it's free.

Life's always unfair, so why would a resource refund be any worse?
    YoMoves said:

Yeah, and making map 5 free is unfair to the people who played map 5 and donated, while those who did beneath that never once had to when they move up/do map 5 now that it's free.

I'll turn it back around.

Life's always unfair, so why would a free Map 5 be any worse?

I agree that the Ticket system is flawed.

I agree that some Map 5 players/alliances are screwed.

There is no win-win situation here. Kabam...well, they've made choices.

If you give people back their resources, the people who don't donate get screwed.

If you don't give people back their resources, Map 5 players get screwed.

You see? There's just no solution. Either one side wins, and the other loses, or vice versa.
    And I'm sure that any solution would cause outrage. I mean, they've screwed Map 5 players.

If they screw the non-donators, there would be outrage too.
    So then how is your solution any more right than the one pitched at you you've so callously discarded? You essentially admitted you're just as wrong as the people you denounce.
    YoMoves said:

So then how is your solution any more right than the one pitched at you you've so callously discarded? You essentially admitted you're just as wrong as the people you denounce.

No, I said that I see both sides. However, I still stand by the non-donators. How is that discarding my argument?

It would still be unfair. That was my argument. Did I abandon it? No.
    In the world where I have to choose between the people who put their hard-earned resources into alliance donations versus the freeloaders....I'd stand by the working people, not the non-donators. Just saying.

Worst come to worst a bunch of dumper grind accounts get a ton of returns that they can't use anymore.
    edited June 2020
    YoMoves said:

In the world where I have to choose between the people who put their hard-earned resources into alliance donations versus the freeloaders....I'd stand by the working people, not the non-donators. Just saying.

Worst come to worst a bunch of dumper grind accounts get a ton of returns that they can't use anymore.

The working people should've made better choices, just saying. This could've been prevented.

Plus, this always pops up whenever a map becomes free.
    It's not "unfair" when Kabam suddenly makes an AQ Map free.

Think about other games. When they're first released as a paid game, people buy that game. But, later down the road, the company might make it free. Do the people who first bought it complain? No.
    ...yeah they do? If you change something there will always be complainers. I recall the TF2 players barking when Valve made it free.
    YoMoves said:

It's also not just freeloaders. It's all the people who are in alliances that play lower Maps.
    YoMoves said:

...yeah they do? If you change something there will always be complainers. I recall the TF2 players barking when Valve made it free.

You're right. But do the companies do anything? Most of the time, no.

"If you change something there will always be complainers."

So, basically everyone here...
    Ebony_Naw said:

YoMoves said:

I'll turn it back around.

Life's always unfair, so why would a free Map 5 be any worse?

I agree that the Ticket system is flawed.

I agree that some Map 5 players/alliances are screwed.

There is no win-win situation here. Kabam...well, they've made choices.

If you give people back their resources, the people who don't donate get screwed.

If you don't give people back their resources, Map 5 players get screwed.

You see? There's just no solution. Either one side wins, and the other loses, or vice versa.
    People didn't throw their resources into a dumpster, they donated them to have a specific use. That use was made obsolete with the change to the alliance quest resource structure, so people have a right to be upset that they are not being given an option to get their resources back. What you state as unfair to those who do not donate is a perceived loss, rather than an actual loss. They COULD view it as unfair that others are getting resources back (most would not view it that way I'm sure, because I like to think that many are rational thinkers). But that would not be an actual loss to them. The real loss is that people who had committed their resrouces to a specific use are having those resources essentially deleted.

Whether you believe that is fair is a different story, but I hate this narrative that non-donaters would be losing if resources were returned instead of tickets.
    But they made the choice of donating excess...

That was a mistake.
    edited June 2020
    That's like us being killed by a booby trap in a video game with absolutely no tell, warning, or hint that it was coming, and then the game chastising us for not avoiding it anyways.

A jerky move and ridiculously unfair.
    YoMoves said:

That's like us being killed by a booby trap in a video game with absolutely no tell, warning, or hint that it was coming, and then the game chastising us for not avoiding it anyways.

A jerky move and ridiculously unfair.

You could've prevented it from happening. You could've taken a different path.

Sure, the removal of the Treasury was sudden. But, you could've prevented the extent of your loss by just donating exactly what you owed.
    edited June 2020
    Rabanga said:

Buttehrs said:

Except we know they tracked at least 5 months of donations, so they could have just given those back to people exactly how they paid in.
    Did you not read my comment? I detailed why that wouldn't be fair.
    Your comment is nonsense.
    It gave more reasoning behind my argument than you did yours.
    I'll stop right there.

Kabam made the decision. There's no point for me to argue endlessly. They saw it as fair, others didn't. Whatever.

I'll see you guys around!

Hugs and kisses. : )))))