**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let's talk about Canadian Difficulty

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    I like Canadian difficulty it’s at a level it should stay
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    It was easy last week, still easy this week. The best bit about it is seeing the questions from others’ about why x won’t work, when the nodes are pretty clear.

Personally I would rather more of a challenge, but less fights. This event style is such a drain on time. Please Kabam just make a 5-10 fight challenge which restricts items use (3-5 max) and will be fun.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Smdh for weeks we’ve been asking kabam to get rid of niche encounters and paths and yet this thread is filled with yahoos asking for niche encounters and paths. Make it make sense

👏👏 Higher difficulty does not always mean more niche encounters 👏👏
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

It's frightening that we have people who are even eligible to do this quest that can't figure out why torch in flame on and things fury doesn't work for buffed up or disstrack

Very concerning indeed, but also not surprising when I consider some of the things I’ve seen over the years in this game.
    Bugmat78 said:

I think the difficulty is fine for the first 2 quests in the first chapter. I assume that when Cav difficulty arrives we will have at least 3 chapters each with these 4 quests and each will be harder than the last, like normal EQ (which only have 2 quests each).

People seem to want the final chapter in the first 2 weeks. This is being gauged over 2-3 months so next month I expect the Herald difficulty to have 2 chapters (instead of 1) with the 2nd more akin to the difficulty end-game players are looking for, and the month after the 3rd chapter will be Maze type stuff.

The problem is that since this month's SQ is modeled after the MME, the difficulty increase throughout the weeks will likely be similar to that of the MME, which was a low 20% from the first week to the last. If we were to use that 20% increase on Canadian, the defenders would still be pitifully easy, provided they stick to their easy nodes like Buffet/Diss Track, Buffed Up, etc.

If Kabam were to use more nodes to challenge the player, it would be a different story. I would be content with that 20% increase in difficulty if the nodes were challenging. Destructive Feedback, Lifecycle, something along those lines, paired up with the already existing nodes.
    I really like the Sasquatch encounter. It gives us a nice challenge every so often.

That being said, I don't like how people can just quit out of the quest to avoid the Sasquatch when they run the same path again. IMO, if you encounter the Sasquatch and you quit out, the Sasquatch will still be there when you run that same path again. That way, the people who aren't ready for Canadian would be somewhat stuck.
    TJ82 said:

qartweli said:

TJ82 said:

They make noise against higher difficulty level of Act 6. And now asking for difficulty to be increased for a Side Quest which is open for all lvl 60s, and when rewards are in proportion to difficulty.

Get your act right guys!!

u just dont understand the point

we dont need one more meaningless event...we need cavalier because when uncollected came it had some rare items in it that we needed.
    if kabam brings weak cavalier they will argument that the weak rewards (we dont need) are apropriate
    Should they bring a Cavalier difficulty...yes. Much needed more in monthly EQ. And it should be with buff rewards, including t5b and 15/25 pc t5c shards.

And I agree this Canadian difficulty and the REWARDS offered doesn't fill that gap. But, when you look at this side EQ, and considering that it's for all lvl 60, this is perfect. More so looking at that this SideEQ isn't Cavalier only.

You are on point when you talk about whats expected of Cavalier difficulty, i.e. rare items that we need for our growth.

The issue is we all are missing the big point here mostly busy with downplaying this side EQ difficulty, but hardly looking at what kind of rewards it's offering. Bring it up together, or don't push agenda at all.
    But rewards aren't why we play this game. Yes, the rewards are decent, but what's the fun in the rewards if you have to earn them by just mindlessly doing the same 5 hit combo over and over again? We play to have fun, not to solely get rewards. I personally would be fine if they upped the difficulty and kept the rewards the same.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★

It's frightening that we have people who are even eligible to do this quest that can't figure out why torch in flame on and things fury doesn't work for buffed up or disstrack

I used Torch with his prefight and was like WTF! Took me a second, I should have known better. I just restarted the lane and melted them with Torch.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    The last week might be difficult. Until now it was easy.

-sixate- said:

I used Torch with his prefight and was like WTF! Took me a second, I should have known better. I just restarted the lane and melted them with Torch.
    But you figured it out at least. Everyone has brain dead moments where they forget or miss something obvious. My comment was mostly aimed at the fact that people are at this level and can't step back, re-read a node/champ ability, and then figure out a pretty basic interaction somehow.
    "i cAN't dEaL dAMagE?!?!?"

"tHis nODe iS IMposSibLE!!!"

"tHIs iS wHY thiS gAME Is a cAsH gRAb!!!"
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Yes. A MiLLION TIMES YES
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

I think one solution to all this is customizable difficulty. What I'm thinking about is the ability to add (global) nodes or even global/path gates to missions in exchange for a reward multiplier.

Diablo 3 eventually did exactly that ... they broke the "insane" difficulty into 10 levels. Each with a better chance of loot and stronger monsters.
    And the still ongoing longevity of that game speaks for itself imo.
    Actually... no. D3 is relatively dead in the water. I used to play it for 2 years then quit and never looked back.
    TJ82 said:

TJ82 said:

qartweli said:

TJ82 said:

They make noise against higher difficulty level of Act 6. And now asking for difficulty to be increased for a Side Quest which is open for all lvl 60s, and when rewards are in proportion to difficulty.

we dont need one more meaningless event...we need cavalier because when uncollected came it had some rare items in it that we needed.
    if kabam brings weak cavalier they will argument that the weak rewards (we dont need) are apropriate
    Should they bring a Cavalier difficulty...yes. Much needed more in monthly EQ. And it should be with buff rewards, including t5b and 15/25 pc t5c shards.

And I agree this Canadian difficulty and the REWARDS offered doesn't fill that gap. But, when you look at this side EQ, and considering that it's for all lvl 60, this is perfect. More so looking at that this SideEQ isn't Cavalier only.

You are on point when you talk about whats expected of Cavalier difficulty, i.e. rare items that we need for our growth.

The issue is we all are missing the big point here mostly busy with downplaying this side EQ difficulty, but hardly looking at what kind of rewards it's offering. Bring it up together, or don't push agenda at all.
    But rewards aren't why we play this game. Yes, the rewards are decent, but what's the fun in the rewards if you have to earn them by just mindlessly doing the same 5 hit combo over and over again? We play to have fun, not to solely get rewards. I personally would be fine if they upped the difficulty and kept the rewards the same.
    If we don't have appropriate rewards for the difficulty, the same lot will write a lot of complaint in a different thread, so saying reward doesn't matter is just BS.

Also, a Cavalier can be a person who just did one path of 6.2.6 to a person who completed all content. Hence expectation is always going to vary as some will feel content is difficult while others say it's easy.

The best way is to bring a quest which Caters to all Cavaliers, which has one or two easy path catering to new Cavaliers and some tougher path for the so called end gamers in all quests. But the rewards has to be appropriate to the difficulty.
    The problem this time around is that the difficulty doesn't match the rewards. There really isn't any skill needed for the 1st and 2nd week of Canadian. If there's no skill needed, then Kabam should only give out minimal rewards.
    TJ82 said:

TJ82 said:

TJ82 said:

qartweli said:

TJ82 said:

If we don't have appropriate rewards for the difficulty, the same lot will write a lot of complaint in a different thread, so saying reward doesn't matter is just BS.

Also, a Cavalier can be a person who just did one path of 6.2.6 to a person who completed all content. Hence expectation is always going to vary as some will feel content is difficult while others say it's easy.

The best way is to bring a quest which Caters to all Cavaliers, which has one or two easy path catering to new Cavaliers and some tougher path for the so called end gamers in all quests. But the rewards has to be appropriate to the difficulty.
    The problem this time around is that the difficulty doesn't match the rewards. There really isn't any skill needed for the 1st and 2nd week of Canadian. If there's no skill needed, then Kabam should only give out minimal rewards.
    The quest hasn't ended, wait for week 4 atleast
    I know that, but if we're extrapolating based on the MME SQ, the attack/health isn't going to increase significantly. All we can do now is hope that Kabam put in nodes that actually challenge the player to match the rewards that they're going to give.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    TJ82 said:

TJ82 said:

qartweli said:

TJ82 said:

That’s their plan with the cavalier difficulty and this Canadian difficulty is their way of fine tuning the difficulty for cavalier.
    This difficulty of this Canadian difficulty is perfectly fine for the ‘easy’ path. the people saying this is all too easy are providing feedback to I guess make it clear that they should ramp up the difficulty for the other paths of the upcoming cavalier difficulty. Which I agree with, even as someone that hasn’t explored act 6 currently.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Honestly, even the “easy” path is wayyyy too easy.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Yeah it is too easy but at least this is only a gauge for the Cavalier difficulty and not the actual thing. We still have herald difficulty so hopefully they ramp it up there. Obviously there are many factors they considered for example, we are only allowed 3 champs in the quest so that could be why they didnt start at a higher difficulty and the ramp up is slow. Who knows
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Ok so seems like a lot of people are forgetting that this is a side event so naturally this won't be as difficult as an actual Cavalier Difficulty EQ. Just like the Epic version of the side quest is no where as difficult as the Epic EQ. This simply is a way to showcase the kind of things to expect. Side events vary in difficulty from easy ( gwenpool) to hard (MODOK labs). The mole man expeditions wasn't hard just took a long time completing all the paths.

Also its hard to balance difficult content for people who have the majority of the champs without scaling attack values to crazy amounts and keeping the game fun. Imagine every fight in this difficulty being like the Sasquatch. So the approach taken here to minimize the choice of champions you can use via combinations of nodes is the better approach. People who have just completed 6.1 will find this very hard as their roster will be weak. People who have done act 6 and abyss not so hard because your roster is quite developed.

Using the node combinations to restrict the champions you can use will mean people can not rely on the same champs to steam roll everything i.e. using Corvus, Omega and Ghost etc.
    They could take this a step further by restricting champions by tags. They did this before once but never did it again possibly due to complaints.
    May force players to play those meme tier 6* we all got