**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Under or Over rated - Day 4 - massacre

QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
Used often in the flaming trinity to power up domino, but is he worth using too?

Under or Over rated - Day 4 - massacre 77 votes

Overrated
5%
Lvernon15MasterpuffDoctor_Strange19Lucifer1810 4 votes
Underrated
51%
Mr_PlatypusallinashesnameplasDragonMCOCRoOOtsPanchulon21MysterioLordRaymond3RemeliNotsavage19ThatOneMasterGamerWebby72ItsDamienDr_Z01dbergHector_1475Rodomontade_BoiHype4AvengersLpirnie5321GiulioV99Etjama 40 votes
Perfectly rated
42%
RaganatorCrkwestTerragrud9eJim0172HendrossESFColonaut123Maldroit2spaceoctopusHedgedog387DjinPImpDaddy-sixate-ChriissRCtfz35AstoundsPřìņče01MauledKing_Leo321 33 votes

Comments

• Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I feel like he is overrated in the fact that people say oh he’s so good enemies just melt against him, but like, chances are if you are running Masacre you have a Domino and the flame trinity, in which case Domino has much greater access to incinerate damage if that is what you are after.

Sure there are some spots where Masacre will do better, especially when you have despair mastery or there is some invade node or stun immunity (no parry medium heavy for Dom) but 9/10, Domino will be a better choice.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Perfectly rated
    he's fine, damage is pretty good, but pretty much just a domino synergy champ
  • Options

I feel like he is overrated in the fact that people say oh he’s so good enemies just melt against him, but like, chances are if you are running Masacre you have a Domino and the flame trinity, in which case Domino has much greater access to incinerate damage if that is what you are after.

Sure there are some spots where Masacre will do better, especially when you have despair mastery or there is some invade node or stun immunity (no parry medium heavy for Dom) but 9/10, Domino will be a better choice.

I agree, but domino can't get the great incinerate damage without synergies, massacre can.

I actually don't know what to think about this guy, I feel that so many people think he is underrated to the point he might actually be overrated.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Overrated
    I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I just don’t find him practical for any difficult matchups, sure you can take him into a fairly basic fight and he will melt it, but he requires such an aggressive playstyle and lacks any true reliable utility to be a good option for really difficult fights
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I just don’t find him practical for any difficult matchups, sure you can take him into a fairly basic fight and he will melt it, but he requires such an aggressive playstyle and lacks any true reliable utility to be a good option for really difficult fights

Not sure if this counts as utility, but he does have some nice block proficiency
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Perfectly rated
    I like playing the kit in limited doses and don’t expect more from it than what it’s designed to do. It’s good enough for what the character is, and I think that’s totally fine
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Underrated
    Ooh one I actually consider to be slightly underrated.
    I’m not a fan of his playstyle if I’m being honest, don’t like being required to attack into blocks. But his incinerate damage is pretty solid and he could be annoying on certain nodes for defence where an incinerate is placed as he deals direct damage to incinerate immune champs, nothing that will kill, but it’ll annoy people as they then have to use a potion or 2.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    Underrated
    He is the most underrated Skill champion in the game.

His playstyle (hitting into opponent's block to ignite his bat) is an amazing utility in itself and he benefits massively from it. His block proficiency is top, while he reduces the opponent's block proficiency to nothing. He is overshadowed by his trinity members bu he really shouldn't. If you have the other 2 pieces, he is R5 / R2 worthy.
  • Options
    Mayis said:

He is overshadowed by Domino, bc people mainly use them together. Domino is one of the best champions in the game, and both Masacre and Rulk are underrated because of it. Imo as long as you can incinerate the opponent, Masacre is a beast. Not top 5 skill, but close enough

I definitely think he's better than rulk, although rulk can have his uses.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Perfectly rated
    I really enjoy using him. He’s not the perfect champion and is obviously stuck in Domino’s shadow but he has his uses. I’m a firm believer in having ranked up synergy champions, especially in late content. Between Massacre and Rulk I prefer Rulk but the healing mitigation, block proficiency and quirky Sp2 make him a very valuable addition to the team.

He also looks awesome which is an essential part of the game.
  • Options
    Overrated
    Mayis said:

Lvernon15 said:

I don't understand why the aggressive playstyle is considered as a bad thing in your message. It can be subjectively bad, but objectively it is just a playstyle.

In terms of utility:
    • he melts block proficiency via incinerate and Disoriented
    • he constantly gains power when hitting opponent block
    • He has burst damage on crits and if the opponent is incinerate immune, +1 utility that allows u to bypass some nodes and abilities
    • he reduces Defensive Ability Accuracy by 50 % when the opponent blocks + reduces it for additional 50 % after sp1, so if u play the "optimal" rotation "few sp1-s, hits on block and a massive sp2 on block", annoying opponents like Thing, Magik and evaders are shut down
    • His sp2 attack boost is a unique ability too
    So tell me about a lack of utility :D
    Lowering opponent block is more damage than utility, aar is too weak for him to be used for it, power from hitting block is nice but he doesn’t have enough to be useful for any real utility purposes in endgame stuff. The aggressive playstyle is bad since you can’t easily keep it up in most tough fights
  • Options
    Overrated
    Mayis said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lowering opponent block is more damage than utility, aar is too weak for him to be used for it, power from hitting block is nice but he doesn’t have enough to be useful for any real utility purposes in endgame stuff. The aggressive playstyle is bad since you can’t easily keep it up in most tough fights

50–100 % AAR is weak? Maybe against Longshot, but not in general

"Power isn't enough" — you don't expect to gain a bar of power for each hit, do you? He lowers block proficiency, so basically you do almost the same damage as from regular hits while you hit on block and still gain power. This helps you to keep that aggressive playstyle, bc:
    1) You don't need to find openings
    2) Opponent gains less power bc you are hitting on block, hence u need to bait less specials

This is a utility for me, although idk what u mean saying "utility".
    I’m looking at it from an endgame perspective, there isn’t a single thing in the entire game I would use massacre for, 50% aar is weak because everything still has a good chance to trigger, if it’s not 100% or very close to it I’ll never use that champ in a matchup where I want aar, for example electro. The power isn’t enough wasn’t referring to that ability being useless, i was saying that that ability isn’t a strong enough ability to make him a great champion. By utility I mean something that allows him to counter specific problems, and he doesn’t have enough of that to be considered a great champion, he’s solid but only really for fairly basic matchups where you can play super aggressive and refresh the incinerate, and the vast majority of champs can do those sorts of fights
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    He’s not that hard to play, you just do a bunch of dash back intercepts until you hit the opponents block, if you don’t and actually hit them then hooray it’s an intercept and hope for some crits lol

Increasing his crit rate so he’s not that dependent on hitting into blocks for his charges would help, although his sig ability already does that. Synergy where his bat starts ignited would be FEUGO. Give him abilty to place a passive slow debuff when opponents are incinerated and bam he’s Stealth Spidey lol. I mean that largely the reason Stealth is rated much higher then Stark now because of its usefulness in act 6 and other new endgame content.

I image he’s also useful for fights like spiked armor or anywhere you don’t want to crit since you can just hit into the opponents block the whole time atleast I think that’s how he works. You get a damage boost from block reduction and power from hitting blocks? If the damage isnt more or comparable to regular hits then that’s a shame.

He also can stop healing with despair and also reduces the opponents defensive ability accuracy by 100% with his sp1 disorient debuff and his built in reduction when hitting into blocks so he’d also be a good counter against champions like Electro and maybe Korg, but I’ve never really looked into the whole offensive vs defense ability accuracy. This has to have some use.

His synergy’s are also not just amazing for Domino and Rulk, but for himself too. Add Cap IW and that’s also some nice crit rate.
  • Options
    Hype4AvengersHype4Avengers Posts: 19
    Underrated
    I think he has more utility than people give him credit for. He's quite useful in matchups where you just want to hit the opponent's block. I used him for stun immune Icarus fights because I didn't have ghost or a champion that could passive stun. I could also see people using him for annoying Do You Bleed fights like Rogue.