**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    as others have said it was due to a previously broken unfair matchmaking system that has allowed small alliances to climb up higher than larger alliances where they did not belong.

now the matchmaking algorithm is changed there will be some bad matchups while the system corrects itself.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    QuietusDK said:

We were low/mid G3 last season. Alliance @ 11 mil.

We just got our first matchup. Enemy alliance was G2 last season, and are @ 34 million. At the time of writing, they've cleared our BG1 with one death, and are down to 2 minibosses and boss in our BG2, with 4 deaths.

How exactly is this an even remotely *fun* war to fight? According to war rating, there's 2 (!) points difference between an alliance that has about 50% Abyss completions and the rest cavaliers.

Yes, I'm whining. I'm whining because trying to get your alliance all pumped up for the new season, ready to go, practicing these new horrible nodes (Powerful from Afar + Duped 5/65 OR, funfun...), and we basically run into an alliance that we have no chance at all against.

There’s a TWO point difference in war rating. That’s as fair as it can be.

If your alliance is really skilled and deserves the win, you can win it by dying less than the opponent.

If you can’t win, then what are you complaining about? Lol
  • Options
    as others have said it was due to a previously broken unfair matchmaking system that has allowed small alliances to climb up higher than larger alliances where they did not belong.

now the matchmaking algorithm is changed there will be some bad matchups while the system corrects itself.
  • Options

• Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★

You mean after several rounds of AW, the matchmaking will be tuned into an appropriate algorithm?
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★

Unio77 said:

Just give it a couple of wars to get the true rating of an alliance down to scale and people wont complain after that

You willing to give up your own Wars for that?
    @GroundedWisdom no no I'm not. In fact for out first war this season we were no laced against a much significantly less powerful alliance.
    They had the same rating as us but we outclassed them.

This new way of matchmaking is going to sort out these problems. Our opponent has the same rating as us but we outclassed them. This shows they arent ready to fight in the same league as us
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

You mean after several rounds of AW, the matchmaking will be tuned into an appropriate algorithm?
    No, he means after several wars your war rating will be fixed to where your supposed to be. If it means you lose all those wars because you were over inflated in prior seasons then so be it.
    This guy gets it
  • Options
    QuietusDKQuietusDK Posts: 51
    There’s a TWO point difference in war rating. That’s as fair as it can be.

If your alliance is really skilled and deserves the win, you can win it by dying less than the opponent.

If you can’t win, then what are you complaining about? Lol
    Okay, are you for real?

Yes, I'm aware that a two point difference is about as close as it gets. Despite your implied conclusion, I'm not moronic.

The issue here is not whether one alliance is more skilled than the other, unless you correlate alliance prestige with skill, but let me try to posting it in a way that then make sense.

The example is that a sunday league team that wins 50% of their matches, suddenly gets paired with a professional team, because they also happen to have won 50% of their matches.

Despite what Hollywood may have given you the impression of, no, the Sunday league team doesn't win by sheer pluck and a clever game plan.

So my complaint is, while obviously alliance prestige playing into matchmaking had flaws, at least it did attempt to minimize matches that were grossly unbalanced, power-wise.
  • Options
    Markjv81 said:

11 million alliance should probably be in bronze somewhere so just be thankful you got extra rewards last season(s).

That's interesting. So you propose that bronze should be the holding pattern until what level? Until your alliance is 50% Abyss players?

Please, i would like to hear how a gradual ascent through ranks, starting at low silver, should be a mistake in matchmaking. We have faced alliances on paper well stronger than us before, and prevailed. Here, it's simply the magnitude of power difference I'm seeing as broken. But according to you, our previous 5 seasons were undeserved, because we can't fight an alliance 3 times our PI? Really...
  • Options

A better question is... why did an alliance in which 50% have done an abyss clear only finish gold 2...
    Oh wait it’s because matchmaking has actually been broken for many seasons and this is just the first in which it’s fixed.

This is what I'm trying to get at.

• Options
    DhruvshahDhruvshah Posts: 67
    This matchmaking sucks how is 6mill ally playing a 22 milly fair, one is gold and one is silver, you just trigger the system for hig level alliances
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Lol. What’s your war rating
  • Options
    Jeal79_subJeal79_sub Posts: 14
    Read the announcements and the other threads. There doesn't need to be any new posts on this
  • Options
    I did didnt find any ans mine is 800
  • Options
    I understand but all I am saying is that they could have done this is the offseason they screwed us for season rewards
This discussion has been closed.