Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

Skitard said:

that was weird... it merged my 2 posts... anywho... that should have said if you are in a 20mil ally and can't beat a 19.5mil - 20.5mil ally you don't deserve to be rewarded as good as a 10mil ally who CAN beat a 9.5 - 10.5 mil ally...

The fact that you believe a 10mil ally facing another 10mil ally faces the same type of challenge that a 20mil ally facing another 20mil ally shows you actually have no idea what you're talking about.

Factor in higher champ levels, higher sig level, higher health pools coupled with the same nodes and time limits and you'll see the 20mil ally has a greater challenge.

Given similar skill levels a 5* r3/4 attacker facing a low sig 5* r4 or unduped 6*r1 defender is not equal to a 5* r4/5 high sig 5* r5 or 6* r2/3.

Also it's not that these 20mil allys can't beat them, often it's very close and comes down to 1 or 2 attack bonus for either side with can be caused by so many factors and not just lack of skill.
    Did you forget to factor in the higher Levels they're using for fire power as well, or are you just comparing what someone else is working with to the larger Champs?
    Umm did you not see that included in the third paragraph or are you just choosing what to read again?
    Again, do better.
    Do better... um bring something to the discussion that adds something, you asked and I answered.

Here's something you can answer, which is a harder fight, a 5* r3 stealth spidy vs a 5* r4 thing with a sig level of 20 OR a 5*r4 stealth spidy vs a 5* r5 thing with a sig level of 200.

An actual answer would be appreciated but I'm not holding my breath given your record.
    Why would you take an R4 Stealthy into a Fight with a Sig 200 Max Thing?

DooM62 said:

Skitard said:

that was weird... it merged my 2 posts... anywho... that should have said if you are in a 20mil ally and can't beat a 19.5mil - 20.5mil ally you don't deserve to be rewarded as good as a 10mil ally who CAN beat a 9.5 - 10.5 mil ally...

The fact that you believe a 10mil ally facing another 10mil ally faces the same type of challenge that a 20mil ally facing another 20mil ally shows you actually have no idea what you're talking about.

Factor in higher champ levels, higher sig level, higher health pools coupled with the same nodes and time limits and you'll see the 20mil ally has a greater challenge.

Given similar skill levels a 5* r3/4 attacker facing a low sig 5* r4 or unduped 6*r1 defender is not equal to a 5* r4/5 high sig 5* r5 or 6* r2/3.

Also it's not that these 20mil allys can't beat them, often it's very close and comes down to 1 or 2 attack bonus for either side with can be caused by so many factors and not just lack of skill.
    Did you forget to factor in the higher Levels they're using for fire power as well, or are you just comparing what someone else is working with to the larger Champs?
    That’s what makes them a stronger team!!! Stop arguing that you deserve to rank above teams that beat you.
    No. What makes them a stronger team is beating their own Wars. Not the strength of the Champs they're using. It's Alliance Wars. Not Alliance Rosters.
    Once again. That’s not how rankings work. Skill plus strength. If your not strong enough to take on 12th place then you don’t get 12th place. You’re just too lazy to put in the effort that others ranked above you have and you want a cheap loophole to get easy rewards. Put in some work. Earn some respect.
    Rankings work based on performance. That's how it's always been. In the system before Seasons, it was continual progress. Not because people owned their spots based on the Rating of their Champs.
    I literally never thought I'd say this on this Forum, but it's not what you have, it's how you use it.
    When the system makes it virtually impossible to win because what you're bringing is so far from what you're coming up against, that's a major flaw. Try hitting a bullet with a bat.

DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

Skitard said:

Umm did you not see that included in the third paragraph or are you just choosing what to read again?
    Again, do better.
    Do better... um bring something to the discussion that adds something, you asked and I answered.

Here's something you can answer, which is a harder fight, a 5* r3 stealth spidy vs a 5* r4 thing with a sig level of 20 OR a 5*r4 stealth spidy vs a 5* r5 thing with a sig level of 200.

An actual answer would be appreciated but I'm not holding my breath given your record.
    Because it happens to be the only counter in your battlegroup perhaps?
    Then you make better choices in the future. War is as much about smart choices as it is button mashing.
    DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

Skitard said:

That’s what makes them a stronger team!!! Stop arguing that you deserve to rank above teams that beat you.
    No. What makes them a stronger team is beating their own Wars. Not the strength of the Champs they're using. It's Alliance Wars. Not Alliance Rosters.
    Once again. That’s not how rankings work. Skill plus strength. If your not strong enough to take on 12th place then you don’t get 12th place. You’re just too lazy to put in the effort that others ranked above you have and you want a cheap loophole to get easy rewards. Put in some work. Earn some respect.
    Rankings work based on performance. That's how it's always been. In the system before Seasons, it was continual progress. Not because people owned their spots based on the Rating of their Champs.
    I literally never thought I'd say this on this Forum, but it's not what you have, it's how you use it.
    When the system makes it virtually impossible to win because what you're bringing is so far from what you're coming up against, that's a major flaw. Try hitting a bullet with a bat.

DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

Skitard said:

Again, do better.

🤣
    I see what you're going for there, and I meant that in terms of what people are working with in comparison to others, not that anything can beat anything with skill. Let's just stop pretending these people can win with "skill". The Matches won't allow a win, and we all know it.
    For that matter, Thing can be Quake 'n Baked, he can be baked period with HT.

I could argue it's lack of skill as well because if people can't win Matches against Allies the same strength as them, then they can't speak for other Allies that are. People are tired that they're not getting better Rewards from winning only half their own Matches. Do better.

Except you are wrong and lack the experience to know. I'm not the only one that has had two accounts and experienced the ability to win every war in a lower tier with my low account and be much more 50/50 in the higher tier. It's not that you can't win wars, it's that you can't win at an 80%-100% clip because you are facing genuinely similar groups with other skilled players. You keep telling people that they can't speak for others, but you are the one speaking for others even though you play 2 groups in silver, and the people you are arguing with have experienced War in both high and low level wars. You lack the experience to even know that you are wrong.
    Yes. People who have high levels of experience make Alts with their experience, so they can speak for what's easy and what isn't. So valiant of them to go down and determine what is appropriate for others. Why not just open a Council of the All-Knowing and just decide for everyone what they earn based on what is seen as appropriate?
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Member Posts: 508 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    edited July 2020
    DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

Skitard said:

Again, do better.

Then you make better choices in the future. War is as much about smart choices as it is button mashing.
    Ahh yes because we choose what champs get and instantly have them maxed ready for any scnerio, it definitely never occurs that you will face an opponent that your teams best counter for isn't the ultimate option. How stupid to try.

Again how about answering that question that provides an EXAMPLE SITUATION.. or is the reason you won't answer is because yoi know the latter is the more challenging fight and if you did admit that then everything you've been rambling about would be contradicted by something you say yet again??
    No. You don't have Champs immediately ready. Which means you do the best you can with what you have, take your Losses, and work towards better counters. What we're talking about here is having the possibility of any Win being taken. At all. What kind of system allows you to lose before you even get to play? Why play at all? Just shuffle it, weigh strengths, and hand out the Rewards. Why bother putting 24 hours of effort into planning just to be handed a Match that's over before it's begun? If people think that's fair, they need to look up the definition.

DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

Skitard said:

Again, do better.

Ahh yes because we choose what champs get and instantly have them maxed ready for any scnerio, it definitely never occurs that you will face an opponent that your teams best counter for isn't the ultimate option. How stupid to try.

Again how about answering that question that provides an EXAMPLE SITUATION.. or is the reason you won't answer is because yoi know the latter is the more challenging fight and if you did admit that then everything you've been rambling about would be contradicted by something you say yet again??
    No. You don't have Champs immediately ready. Which means you do the best you can with what you have, take your Losses, and work towards better counters. What we're talking about here is having the possibility of any Win being taken. At all. What kind of system allows you to lose before you even get to play? Why play at all? Just shuffle it, weigh strengths, and hand out the Rewards. Why bother putting 24 hours of effort into planning just to be handed a Match that's over before it's begun? If people think that's fair, they need to look up the definition.
    Don’t play for a couple months.
    For the last time, my Matches are fine. I'm talking about the unfair Matches others have to go through, and no matter how proud or cocky people get about it, it's not right. Not a bit.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★

Whoever came up with such a stupid match distribution strategy should burn in hell ... It would not be easier to create a system similar to any other sports system!?!? The way I see it now, the distribution is comparable to the fight of Khabib Nurmagomedov against a novice fighter who came to sports the first day or Manchester United plays against a yard football team ... This is a huge flaw for the Kabam and the kabam should be changed or many players will lose, the opponent must be selected according to the league in which it is composed and not of all the possible otherwise it’s nonsense ... The meaning of these leagues is now lost at all !!!! >:)

It's just for a little while while the war ratings normalize. It's the way war always worked before prestige was added. You will compete with other alliances with a similar war rating who are fighting at a similar level. The current mismatches are only because the war ratings are skewed by the prestige system. The current system will allow you to play against other yard football teams or in the USA MLS lol until you are able to take on Manchester United. (Unless of course Manchester United decides to jump to a shell, but you can't have everything).
    Yes, but so far it turns out that we are a yard team and are suffering a devastating defeat from Manchester United and others from the Champions League ... How not fair
    It will suck for a few wars but it will even out.
  • rock65xrock65x Member Posts: 25

Seems legit.
This discussion has been closed.