Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    QuikPik said:

Since most people don't read the entire thread, I'll leave this here yet again.

The old system was breaking progression levels for a lot of smaller alliances. What are alliances that are still working on their 4* roster going to do with all the 6* shards, T5b, T2a and T5cc crystals?

Those are Prestige levels you're looking at? My Alliance is just over 6000, and we are NOT working on 4* Shards. Not most of us anyway. Your assumption is wrong.
    People couldn't accept their own Win/Loss ratio, so they decided to blame it on people winning more of their own Wars. Bottom line.
    edited July 2020
    Ebony_Naw said:

People couldn't accept their own Win/Loss ratio, so they decided to blame it on people winning more of their own Wars. Bottom line.

You can keep saying that, doesn't make it true.
    Really? How many people here claimed they were stuck winning only half their Wars while smaller guys were going up? That's exactly the argument. If you win half and lose half, you're going to break even. If you're winning half and losing half and going up, something is seriously wrong.
    xNig said:

QuikPik said:

Since most people don't read the entire thread, I'll leave this here yet again.

The old system was breaking progression levels for a lot of smaller alliances. What are alliances that are still working on their 4* roster going to do with all the 6* shards, T5b, T2a and T5cc crystals?

Those are Prestige levels you're looking at? My Alliance is just over 6000, and we are NOT working on 4* Shards. Not most of us anyway. Your assumption is wrong.
    Looking at the Season rewards, 6k prestige should land somewhere between Silver 1 - Bronze 3. Gold 3 at the very highest.

Having that many of them in Plat 4 to Gold 2 is just plain ridiculous.
    We're usually around Silver 1/Gold 3. Depends on how the Season goes.
    As for the Gold 2/Plat, they got there based on the history of their own Wins.
    QuikPik said:

So is winning half and losing half but continually dropping down. There are 2 sides to every argument yet you only see one.

I only see my own point of view because I'm not telling everyone else where I think they belong.
    Ebony_Naw said:

QuikPik said:

So is winning half and losing half but continually dropping down. There are 2 sides to every argument yet you only see one.

I only see my own point of view because I'm not telling everyone else where I think they belong.

Again, misconstruing the other side. No one is saying "this is where you belong." Rather, the argument is that in order to get to where you are, your matchups SHOULD increase in difficulty as you climb the leaderboards. But this post probably makes too much sense to respond to.
    You're not telling people where they belong. You're just telling them what they should go through to get there. It makes sense. It's the same thing.
  • -sixate--sixate- Member Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★

I think you'll still see quite a few outliers at the end of this season. A lot of the upper mid alliances that have been fighting it out around Gold 1/2 will probably finish higher than they typically "should" this season. They're the ones that will probably have a higher amount of mismatches in their favor and will have quite a few wars with inflated points from opponents not clearing the map.

So if your one of those alliances that ends up with a very padded season score at the end of this one, you shouldn't necessarily assume you'll be there are even close to there once matches even out more

I agree with this 100%. I think it will take 2 or possibly 3 seasons to realy level the playing field.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Member Posts: 11,598 ★★★★★

I think you'll still see quite a few outliers at the end of this season. A lot of the upper mid alliances that have been fighting it out around Gold 1/2 will probably finish higher than they typically "should" this season. They're the ones that will probably have a higher amount of mismatches in their favor and will have quite a few wars with inflated points from opponents not clearing the map.

So if your one of those alliances that ends up with a very padded season score at the end of this one, you shouldn't necessarily assume you'll be there are even close to there once matches even out more

Yeah, those alliances have a much lower war rating than they would have if they weren’t facing strong high prestige alliances, so it’s basically the same effect as tanking, this season is going to be all over the place until alliances get into their real position for their strength skill and effort put into war, those alliances getting matched with much stronger alliances they just can’t win against will place lower since they’re getting a higher amount of losses, it’s a great change for the long term, it’s just going to mess up rankings for this season a bit
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

I agree with this 100%. I think it will take 2 or possibly 3 seasons to realy level the playing field.
    Yeah I think a lot of the people saying things will even out after a week or two are way off.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, those alliances have a much lower war rating than they would have if they weren’t facing strong high prestige alliances, so it’s basically the same effect as tanking, this season is going to be all over the place until alliances get into their real position for their strength skill and effort put into war, those alliances getting matched with much stronger alliances they just can’t win against will place lower since they’re getting a higher amount of losses, it’s a great change for the long term, it’s just going to mess up rankings for this season a bit
    Not really. I don't see those alliances making massive gains in war rating once matches even out. They'll be back to matching against alliances their own strength and winning a similar percentage of their wars to before.
    A difference of 13 Mil. Try a 40 Mil with a 6 Mil like was shown here. Everyone keeps talking about skill like ANY of these Matches have a shot. Riiiiight.
    Well thank goodness all the guesswork is taken out for everyone. All they have to do is work their tails off, and Players higher up can tell them what their effort is worth.

Well thank goodness all the guesswork is taken out for everyone. All they have to do is work their tails off, and Players higher up can tell them what their effort is worth.

Yep. Because the EARNED that right by beating the teams that you cannot while you STOLE the rewards from them for their hard efforts of growing their team and competing from the ground up by using loopholes of a broken system.
    Ain't nobody stole anything from anyone. Both systems involved people getting exactly what they earned.
    The difference is, when you take away someone's ability to earn a Win, no matter what they do, it's called a setup.
This discussion has been closed.