Act 5.3 is the most mind-numbing, boring content to ever be introduced

2»

Comments

  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    Chapters 1 and 2 were very fun and exciting. It brought a new dimension than the same old same. As well as made players adjust their strategies before each map. So I was very excited to see what this chapter had in store for us.

    I do feel a lack of creativity in this from a difficulty standpoint. I REALLY like the keys and gates idea, along with having to jump quest to quest to find a specific key you may need for future exploration. The 50% attack deduction I feel closes the door for any other global nodes to be applied. Would jus make it a massive money pit making it more frustrating. So I wish they would have scrapped that idea and did something a bit different.

    But difficulty wise I'd say it is easier than chapter 2 in a sense, for the exception of a handful of fights here and there. You need a decent depth in roster as well as diversity. R4 five star champs still do quite a bit of damage even with the reduction cost. Star Lord was still my go to, as well as DV for the last two quest.

    But I did miss the fun from this chapter as compared to the other two. The next chapter is suppose to be the most challenging, of course. But I feel they still could incorporate some fun strategic nodes while making the difficulty where it should be.


    -
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    As Kronos says, some fights you want that Parry for Pacify and such, but for most, definitely need those intercepts, or a good regen champ.

    Which intercept did you use the most? I can intercept heavies and specials, but I'm still working on the "snap back" (hit into block, back off, watch for the follow and attack).
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,129 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Brandonius wrote: »
    Do you have video of your elite gameplay? Cuz I find it hard to believe. Some of the nodes make it impossible not to die multiple times on the same champ.

    I did have a small stash to work with. Spent about 30 or so revives so far. Already 100% 5.3.1 - 5.3.5. Champs are stuck in the quest right now so I can't show the progress but this one was from earlier today.

    r4hfmc31l929.png
    vh6zl8w69sq5.png
    y2kga4thh536.png

    I'm sure you can clear it too. It's really not difficult. Just be patient and don't rush fights.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    It's not even funny how BAD this was

    Bane+Cornered on the mystic path on 5.3.1. ANYONE see how stupid that is?

    Also they ALL BUT ADMIT science class sucks by using GREEN GOBLIN (tech) for the science quest

    Mordo? Jeez let me bust out my 4/55 Drax who is DOUBLY hurt by Mystic and 50% reduction

    The 2 paths to COLLECTOR were quicker than Mordo! I actually had to burn way more Revs than against the collector

    AND THE BLOCK DAMAGE!!! OMG THW BLOCK DAMAGE

    Punisher L2 took half my health through a block!!!

    Their attack is WAY to high through a BLOCK!

    This forces heavy regen champs and massive power control or anyone like AA who just slams the DoT to even stand a CHANCE to complete it

    "Easier than Collector" HAHAHAHAHA

    Weren't you complaining about some super speed she hulk a few weeks ago? If you can't beat she hulk......forget mordo

    Yes. However its not that i can't kill no Shulk, it was that the game SPED UP! That wasn't the AI that was legitimately the game running at speeds not normally seen
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    It's not even funny how BAD this was

    Bane+Cornered on the mystic path on 5.3.1. ANYONE see how stupid that is?

    Also they ALL BUT ADMIT science class sucks by using GREEN GOBLIN (tech) for the science quest

    Mordo? Jeez let me bust out my 4/55 Drax who is DOUBLY hurt by Mystic and 50% reduction

    The 2 paths to COLLECTOR were quicker than Mordo! I actually had to burn way more Revs than against the collector

    AND THE BLOCK DAMAGE!!! OMG THW BLOCK DAMAGE

    Punisher L2 took half my health through a block!!!

    Their attack is WAY to high through a BLOCK!

    This forces heavy regen champs and massive power control or anyone like AA who just slams the DoT to even stand a CHANCE to complete it

    "Easier than Collector" HAHAHAHAHA

    Well, using Drax Vs Mordo is your fault so ...

    So using a known counter and getting penalized for it is my fault? Also I don't even have a 4/40 *drax… I had to resort to 4/40 X23 and it still took 2-3 Revs from the stupid levels of block damage
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,935 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    It's not even funny how BAD this was

    Bane+Cornered on the mystic path on 5.3.1. ANYONE see how stupid that is?

    Also they ALL BUT ADMIT science class sucks by using GREEN GOBLIN (tech) for the science quest

    Mordo? Jeez let me bust out my 4/55 Drax who is DOUBLY hurt by Mystic and 50% reduction

    The 2 paths to COLLECTOR were quicker than Mordo! I actually had to burn way more Revs than against the collector

    AND THE BLOCK DAMAGE!!! OMG THW BLOCK DAMAGE

    Punisher L2 took half my health through a block!!!

    Their attack is WAY to high through a BLOCK!

    This forces heavy regen champs and massive power control or anyone like AA who just slams the DoT to even stand a CHANCE to complete it

    "Easier than Collector" HAHAHAHAHA

    Well, using Drax Vs Mordo is your fault so ...

    So using a known counter and getting penalized for it is my fault? Also I don't even have a 4/40 *drax… I had to resort to 4/40 X23 and it still took 2-3 Revs from the stupid levels of block damage

    I just can't fathom how you do stuff like act 5 or AW with as much difficulty as you seem to have with basic game play. How do you plan to do LOL if 5.3 has "stupid levels of block damage"? I assume you've done the easy path if you're in 5.3 but the rest...unimaginable.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    It's not even funny how BAD this was

    Bane+Cornered on the mystic path on 5.3.1. ANYONE see how stupid that is?

    Also they ALL BUT ADMIT science class sucks by using GREEN GOBLIN (tech) for the science quest

    Mordo? Jeez let me bust out my 4/55 Drax who is DOUBLY hurt by Mystic and 50% reduction

    The 2 paths to COLLECTOR were quicker than Mordo! I actually had to burn way more Revs than against the collector

    AND THE BLOCK DAMAGE!!! OMG THW BLOCK DAMAGE

    Punisher L2 took half my health through a block!!!

    Their attack is WAY to high through a BLOCK!

    This forces heavy regen champs and massive power control or anyone like AA who just slams the DoT to even stand a CHANCE to complete it

    "Easier than Collector" HAHAHAHAHA

    Well, using Drax Vs Mordo is your fault so ...

    So using a known counter and getting penalized for it is my fault? Also I don't even have a 4/40 *drax… I had to resort to 4/40 X23 and it still took 2-3 Revs from the stupid levels of block damage

    I just can't fathom how you do stuff like act 5 or AW with as much difficulty as you seem to have with basic game play. How do you plan to do LOL if 5.3 has "stupid levels of block damage"? I assume you've done the easy path if you're in 5.3 but the rest...unimaginable.

    Actually Messing around I can get off 200k a go off EX Red Hulk with Nightcrawler… and 300k with SL (with less effort and more blocking)

    Also worth noting 2900 is not the same as mid-high 3k before any buffs like Mordo and slap happy Heavy attack

    Also the unavoidable L2s aren't exactly manageable to deal with even with Magik/GP and Wolverines. The girls help and the Wolverines definitely heal but 3/4 of them aren't Mystic and Magik only has so many limbo and if the AI wants to be it can be a PAIN to deal with (and I had to develop a method to bait Collector's heavy attacks ON THE SPOT to get an opening after he can't be stunned and it worked!)

    But until Red Hulk starts pounding HALF my health with a single specials THROUGH A BLOCK I'd say this one has the edge in the "just painfully excruciating" as it's specifically designed FOR 5*s. 4*s were best for collector as Hulk didn't waste pots and hit like a truck while DDc and AoU each handle his specials attacks

    This just screams: "going in without 5* armor, you're gonna have a bad time"
    The irony of which is the game was handing out 4*s since act3 and now when we need the push for a useable/Duped 5* the game's come to a halt
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,935 ★★★★★
    So you haven't done the easy path? That makes more sense then. I will admit that without 5/50s, 5.3 isn't easy. It would be very challenging to do with 4/40s or lower so I can't argue that.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Just finished the first path through. The last chapter is a joke with all the new tech champs that should have been science litter throughout it. Kabam you're pathetic.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,129 ★★★★★
    I think blocked damage is high but still manageable.

    Of course difficult content should be punishing for every single mistake. If it isn't "punishing" then it won't be "difficult" right?
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    I think blocked damage is high but still manageable.

    Of course difficult content should be punishing for every single mistake. If it isn't "punishing" then it won't be "difficult" right?

    It's not difficult though. It's just block damage and long fights. My problem is that it's boring an unimaginative
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I’ve explored 5.1,2 and 4. Gonna start exploring 3 when I’m done with the eq stuff. Anyone here that has explored it remember any particularly difficult or annoying paths or chapter so I know. I like doing the hard bits first so I can go through the easy stuff last. I know the keys and gates but I’ll figure it out, thanks.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,231 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Personally I think it's fine. I've explored 5.3.1 up to 5.3.4 without spending a single unit on revives or pots.

    The 50% penalty forces you to think who to bring and whether it makes sense to bring them.

    Eg. cosmic path on cosmic map. Bring mystics? 50% reduction + 20% class advantage for 30% loss isn't that bad. Or just use a cosmic to roll through it?

    Imo it's your choice on who you bring so you can't say that the fights are very long. They're 17-20k opponents and if you're using a class without the attack penalty it is still pretty decent.

    It really doesn't though because no matter who I'm fighting my R4 5* IF or SL will do more damage than any of my other 5/50 4* regardless of the nodes. I'm literally just spamming them. Hell, I put on suicidesto make the fights a little faster because I'm tired of sitting for so long on one fight, even if it'll cost me items.

    Lol good luck when things like labyrinth are your goal
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,231 ★★★★★
    What is with people dredging up old as sin threads today?
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    What is with people dredging up old as sin threads today?

    I didn’t want to make a discussion since there’s already a lot of discussions on act 5. I just wanted to know if there are any parts that were quite difficult apart from the 50% class node.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Apache wrote: »
    This is so boring I'm not even going to bother finishing it

    Your loss
Sign In or Register to comment.