**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Press fight - Game freezes

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    It happened to me during war smh. That's very frustrating.
  • BraderSawBraderSaw Posts: 76
    But then I played EQ and Arena with AQ and AW but got issue lagging and crashing over 30 minutes but I wished never played this game
  • Destr0yerDestr0yer Posts: 47
    all of this started happening some time last year. i recall watching some video with kabam staff where they were proudly alluding to having introduced some anti bot tools. could this be the cause of some of the problems? multiple people have posted on this forum about their sucky experiences with the game. in my view, kabam has had plenty of time to acquire one of the mentioned hardware devices, run a quest or two on it, and issue an official acknowledgment that something was not working right if they could replicate the reported user experience. all of this would take a day maximum. was it done? no. why? they were eager to introduce changes to the code base but they haven't run a proper testing across all supported platforms. why? after numerous reports of game being broken kabam has not reverted to a prior stable game version, why? instead they insist users to submit crash reports. i can see how this can be helpful if one can not replicate the crash. but in our case, given how many reports of game crashing we have seen on this forum, i doubt that this is the case. so, either kabam has to officially state that they are not able to replicate this problem or they need to acknowledge that the problem exists. in the latter case they need to include it in the list of known bugs, assign priority to it, and allocate resources to fixing it. instead they worry about delivering new content every month. who cares about new content if one can not play the game? all of this is just indicative of a rather incompetent senior management, - at the executive suite level, not rank and file developers and designers. if this is indeed the case some heads need to roll
    edited May 2021
    for the sake of completeness, here is a link to the post made by kabam porthos on april 15
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1748442/#Comment_1748442

Hey guys, we're aware that experiencing lag and performance issues can really affect how much you enjoy playing the game. As a result, we've been conducting an ongoing investigation into these issues. Using the feedback we receive from players, we try to identify the various things which cause them to happen. We then try to develop and implement improvements as quickly as possible in an effort to reduce the likelihood of them occurring again.

how about simply running a proper regression qa prior to a new release? how about reverting to a prior stable version? it all started when a new version was released last august. could you just give us back the july 2020 version?
    quote from https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/post/quote/261846/Comment_1761557

link to kabam mike post https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1298895#Comment_1298895

quote from kabam mike post

Hey all,

This is an update for the game engine with no player-facing changes. It is being slowly rolled to all Android users.

screenshot of kabam mike post

• Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    ive just installed the latest update and tested a labrynth fight - it is now only taking 3 seconds to start the fight, looks like the bug may finally have been fixed
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/CLRPTUoj3cM

some video proof, on v31 of the game, latest android os update as well
  • KILLA_KAILzKILLA_KAILz Posts: 19
    Had my hopes up but it's not fixed
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Any update on this?
  • AnjelykaAnjelyka Posts: 5
    Hey Kabam Zibiit your update v31.0.1 work for a while but now am back to constant crashing after pressing fight in any mode. To the point that fighting in both AQ and AW is impossible. Any help would be greatly appreciated especially during AW season, I think the fact I have decent defenders is the only reason I haven't been kick out of my alliance.
  • sacoma_sack78sacoma_sack78 Posts: 142
    Anjelyka said:

I was told by Kabam tech support that the freezing and crashing as soon as I press fight was due to my old device but when I change to a newer version of my android it's still going on. It happens in all modes which worries me due to upcoming AW season, where every crash counts as a death and we lose bonus pts.

Maybe true in some cases but not all. I have a Nord N10 5g from T-Mobile and I began experiencing this with this update. @Kabam Miike

• SmokieisgodSmokieisgod Posts: 104
    Not this coming month i guess.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    If you have the Android 11 update, or the ability to get it, please do. After updating my phone 2 days ago, the freezing duration in Labyrinth went down from 20 seconds to about half a second. Tremendous improvement! The one in abyss is also practically gone as well. Haven't tested in AQ yet.

Even with this, the issue is still there notwithstanding. That delay shouldn't be happening in the first place. And there's the problem of a lot of devices not being able to receive the Android 11 update due to software support. So yes, the issue is definitely on kabam's side.
    Kill_Grey said:

If you have the Android 11 update, or the ability to get it, please do. After updating my phone 2 days ago, the freezing duration in Labyrinth went down from 20 seconds to about half a second. Tremendous improvement! The one in abyss is also practically gone as well. Haven't tested in AQ yet.

Even with this, the issue is still there notwithstanding. That delay shouldn't be happening in the first place. And there's the problem of a lot of devices not being able to receive the Android 11 update due to software support. So yes, the issue is definitely on kabam's side.

I'm stuck on android 10 unfortunately. I can't do any Map higher than 4, no LOL or Abyss. I they don't fix Thai by next month, I thinking it will be time to leave the game. I'm tired of doing the same things over and over again
    Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

I'm stuck on android 10 unfortunately. I can't do any Map higher than 4, no LOL or Abyss. I they don't fix Thai by next month, I thinking it will be time to leave the game. I'm tired of doing the same things over and over again
    Yeah, that's unfortunate. You'll be missed.
  • party_t0urettesparty_t0urettes Posts: 2
    Having the problem as well, this is crazy frustrating... Own an android and hoping updating it fixes this bug
    So not this month.....
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    This bug is still going since 365 days, and no signs to be in known bugs, seems like the norm.
    What happened to the new optimization project you guys announced last dev diary?
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    You are all invited to the party, this bug has reached his first 1 birthday!
    Kabam devs are invited, even if I'm trying to contact each of them from months....

PS: due to (also) this bug I left a P1/Master Alliance
    Can't believe it's been a year. Unacceptable!

You are all invited to the party, this bug has reached his first 1 birthday!
    Kabam devs are invited, even if I'm trying to contact each of them from months....

PS: due to (also) this bug I left a P1/Master Alliance

And I have done Map 4 so much I can sleepwalk through it.
    At this point, it should be called a "feature" not a bug
  • Santa_PsycheSanta_Psyche Posts: 150
    I can't even play the AQ without the game crashing.Before the update I kinda figured out the frequency of crashes, i.e fight 2 times and reload the game again was how I prsnlly did AQ to prevent my champs from losing health.But now,it's completely random.Crashes whenever it wants to.Like, I open the game to fight and when I start my first fight , no even b4 starting the first fight my game crashes.This now, happens 3-4 times in a row, after which I can finally play AQ. Feels to me as if I can't even contribute my best to the alliance. It sure is some sort of heavy burden for a player who just switched alliances.
    Any news?
    Another month no update.