**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The AI is acting very weird after today’s update [Merged Thread]

Comments

• Options
    DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Anthalus said:

DeadPooop said:

Anthalus said:

I might get the most hate for this comment, but I don’t think a compensation package for this is necessary. We got a really nice one where even some people got it twice... I mean I didn’t get anything great from my pull, but it was really generous what they gave us. My suggestion is until this is fixed just stick to replenishing your revives and health pots, collect units in arena and just take a step back and enjoy the game. Then go crazy again when it’s fixed.

Yeah.. a week of AQ is important for some alliances, the EQ has certain days for certain rewards... Arenas are affected too...
    People invest money on units, revives, even a Sigil to make energy more efficient to play...
    Your suggestion might work for you but it seems you dont understand how it affected some people, gonna give u one little example.
    Herald difficulty Vision Arkus... Insane power gain while just standing there looking at you and not attacking... A lot of people used revives for failure in the game, they should be compensated.
    Listen, I get it. The amount of revives and health used by some just to force themselves through content was outrageous. But, I immediately noticed that there was an issue when I attempted content and decided to back off until I had more of an understanding of what was going on. There are some who were in the middle of something like LoL or other end game content that were shafted and I believe they should be compensated accordingly. But I would say that if there was one, it should be only a revive and health potion package like the ones That show up from time to time in the unit store.
    I know everyone wants 6* nexus crystals and the moon when discussing compensation, and I wouldn’t say no if it was offered, but it should be fair not just for the players but also for kabam.
    How do u back off from a quest u get just 1 entry a day?....
    Arenas have been a mess, AW right now is a mess since masteries are a factor and u get stunned, AQ are a mess... So if they give me 5 revives and heals it would be a joke. There are people that had to abandon abyss runs..
    Yeah sure abandon and do something else... U do understand that there is people that spend good ammounts of money... And a pack of revives and potions is a joke....
    A botched AQ counts as the final count at the end for points to buy mats and such.. whats a revive and a health pot gonna do there?... 2 or 3 botched players and 30 are affected...
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    well they said they are going to change the AI so AQ map5 will be the same as in map6/7.
    maybe they didn't mention to the developer in which direction this need to happen...
  • Options

This new AI behavior is especially awesome against defenders with massive power gain like Hyp or the new Aarkus boss in the Herald quest.

Watch them get to their Sp3 as they casually jog toward you or just stand there when you’re trying to bait a special.

Fun and interactive!

:s

Yep I love it too! Vision Aarkus' new "Death Stare" tactic costed me 2 galacta-favours. Don't you guys love wasting 2 days when you could be getting solid rewards?
  • Options
    robination3788robination3788 Posts: 19
    Seems like parry, and blocking in general, has been a little strange as well. I've noticed that the timing on parries has varied, where I'm hold block much longer than necessary to trigger a parry, and when landing a parry, the opponent wasn't stunned. I've noticed it in the EQ, primarily. But it's happened to me in AW, not too long ago.

Dex has also been a little less consistent as well, with defenders landing hits while there is a discernible amount of distance between my attacker and the defender. Again, noticed this in EQ, primarily.

I don't claim to be a great player, but, when those two masteries are not functioning the way they did before this update, it's making this month's Epic EQ kind of untenable.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Boo for President 2020: Campaign starts now
  • Options
    Air98Air98 Posts: 81 ★★
    The AI definitely changed. They stand in front of you not doing anything and as soon as you medium in they hold block.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    please work hard guys. I lost my streak in arena because of some shizzy ai
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★

Ok, fingers crossed everybody! We're testing a fix for this right now. Will let you all know when I have more information.

So I'm guessing the test fix is not going well, having units was fun
  • Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Ok, fingers crossed everybody! We're testing a fix for this right now. Will let you all know when I have more information.

Easy solution to that.. just don't participate in any difficult content (act 6, abyss etc) till the issues are resolved.. oh and now it seems war should be included in that..
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★

Easy solution to that.. just don't participate in any difficult content (act 6, abyss etc) till the issues are resolved.. oh and now it seems war should be included in that..
    Not doing any endgame content but even AQ is so bad that it's causing crazy lag and messing up the AI
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Seems like the ai has sorta screwed a ton of people over so far, so I hate to raise that beloved forum question, but is compensation coming?
  • Options
    Grifter68Grifter68 Posts: 5
    Same here homes. Frustating gaming atm
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Not doing any endgame content but even AQ is so bad that it's causing crazy lag and messing up the AI
    Thank god this week is the variation where I use quake for the majority of it, but yeah, I’ve heard from ally mates it’s a real pain, especially the people who use ghost
  • Options
    ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    I wanted to do 6.3 but it is unplayable, I wasted potions for nothing, now I'm just staying and waiting for the problem to get fixed. Also a couple of days ago I did 6.2.6 and I had to max boost to be able to do it because I would just get wrecked but I was able to do it in the end (The Champion wasn't really passive for me except in the last 10%).
  • Options
    SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    This is costing me items in AQ Map 7 .... passive opponent gaining power is a nasty combination, please fix it!
  • Options
    It’s happening in every game mode. Happened twice in AQ and I lost my champ and had to revive. @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    EldarforceEldarforce Posts: 15
    I play sooooo much arena, and I usually love it. But the update has completely ruined my enjoyment of this form of content - in fact the whole game. It’s taking me twice as long to get through arena fights, and I am getting hit so many times. I used to enjoy seeing how many fights in a row I could do without getting hit.

Yesterday I completed 6.4 for the first time. I was coasting through 6.3 and 6.4 but then it all changed once the update happened. The last quests in 6.4 were horrible, and the Grandmaster fight completely unpredictable. I’d heard it was supposed to be one of the most enjoyable fights in the game. What a let-down.

There used to be a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment in fighting against the usual aggressive AI. You’ve ruined that, and you’ve spoilt the fun for me.

Disgruntled and a little melodramatic from London
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    I think all has been said by most guys here, I have a ton of videos to show how crazy the AI behaves but almost everyone is witnessing it. I thought maybe incursion was safe but it’s not, weird AI and run here immediately cos an ally member said @Kabam Miike says there will be no change to the AI. Can someone confirm?
    Edit: Thanks @Kabam Miike for looking into this.

Also, I don’t think we should be describing the AI behavior as Passive. It’s not, from what we’ve been used to and experienced...this one is acting “WIERD, CRAZY and A JOKE”. Oh, and it has bugs toppings on it.

I think Kabam team has gotten all the feedback from us, the testing team, now time to make changes and bring it back for team to review.
  • Options
    SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    This is costing me items in AQ Map 7 .... passive opponent gaining power is a nasty combination, please fix it!
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

Hey all,

After a morning of internal playtesting, we've pushed a fix for this AI issue. The fix should be live now, but please ensure that you restart your app to give the fix a chance to Propagate.

As a reminder, that behavior was always a possibility, but it would have been extremely rare, and shouldn't have lasted a whole fight.

If you continue to see issues, please let us know.

So, you are saying that the AI can go into this "mode" on some specific circumstances, but, it shouldn't be in this "mode" the whole fight? This "mode" reminds me of arena fights where they won't throw specials...

I am curious why this "mode" is even needed in this game to begin with, I mean, everyone hates it, so why not replace it with something that is less annoying?
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    hey I'm not sure if I should tag anyone here but I was in arena and the ai literally did nothing and I managed to get 15 or 20 hits without them literally doing anything
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Small sample size but so far the AI seems to be playing normally again.