**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The AI is acting very weird after today’s update [Merged Thread]

Comments

• Options
    JAsummonarJAsummonar Posts: 171
    The more I play, the more I get frustrated because of this AI change🤯
  • Options
    edited August 2020

If Kabam devs didn't directly change ai behavior, what did they change (some things) that ended up indirectly changing ai behavior?

It could have been anything. One theory right now is that it's an intermittent issue that occurs when the client fails to read what the intended AI is from the Server. That is not a change to AI, but an issue with one of the many many interacting parts of the game.
    @Kabam Miike I would really appreciate your help with below questions

Does this mean it is producible only on a few players' devices?

Does this mean uninstalling and installing the app MAY fix this?

Is it something you are able to reproduce at your end?

Does it also mean that the issue people have posted in this thread, if found and when found, will be fixed?

Please help, we need clarity as any change in the way AI behaves will ruin years of fighting practice!!! And surely result in frustration... Please comment.
  • Options
    RedstefRedstef Posts: 2
    When the hell will be these bugs fixed? I wanted to play last path for completion act6 but with this passive ai i can forget about that
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    I dont care bout any big compensation i just want the revives, the heals and the +-300 units I spent on trying to do the same stuff i could do without all that stuff that I was forced to use because of the A. I. behaviour, i was holding all that stuff for last week of Boss Rush but I guess i have to quit doing it now
  • Options
    Blaine_94Blaine_94 Posts: 31
    Same problem in AQ map 5, new monthly event uncollected and herald difficulty of side quest. If it's a bug I hope in a compensation because it tooks me some revives.
  • Options
    Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    The AI is 100% broken without any question. It avoids is second parry When you finish your combo plus after it it auto walks forward without any dash. Which makes it next to impossible to play this game regularly. It’s like fighting characters in the first round of arena. They do this stuff because they know that dragon man thrives when you in a corner. So of course they screw up the AI just for him to put up a fight during this monthly Quest
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Duff12475 said:

(I can't find the thread on this topic)

The $1 million question is.... Was this change intended or is it indeed a bug?? The patch notes for the future of the game called out the A.I. from arena to make it more of a regular fight. We all hate those certain fights in arena because the A.I. was all over the place! Then there was the update on which you would hit into the opponents block and they would throw their special (good times). And now there is this... If this doesn't get fixed, I think its a real dirty move by kabaam... And the fact that I have not heard anything else about it leads me to believe it's staying...

if you have not heard anything else then you are not actually paying attention. The massive thread on this with mod interaction is currently number 3 in the bugs and known issues forums.
  • Options
    BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★

It’s being looked at. It wasn’t intended.
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    This passive AI thing is starting to get very annoying... I’m encountering it in every mode of the game: arena, monthly EQ, Summer Smackdown, and Map6 AQ. It’s most frustrating in AQ as it totally throws off the flow and rhythm of the fight, particularly the fights where you really want to be aggressive (because of degen/starburst active), then throw Epic Turn the Tide on top where you are trying to mama get how/when you have specials available with your combo Enders and then they just stop, and trying to readjust and restart the flow of attack.

This behavior is like what was introduced when we couldn’t whiff attack at NC any longer. When you whiff on NC, instead of holding block and switching stances, NC becomes very passive, open block and walks up in you in a passive stance but if you attack, you will 100% get parried, so you have to dash around a bit before he gets out of that ‘passive trance’. This is happening consistently after just about any kind of combo ending attack.
  • Options
    I tried uninstalling and installing the game again as they said it may be some issue specific to a few client, still no luck.. AI is still the same irritating and frustrating...
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Lormif said:

Duff12475 said:

(I can't find the thread on this topic)

The $1 million question is.... Was this change intended or is it indeed a bug?? The patch notes for the future of the game called out the A.I. from arena to make it more of a regular fight. We all hate those certain fights in arena because the A.I. was all over the place! Then there was the update on which you would hit into the opponents block and they would throw their special (good times). And now there is this... If this doesn't get fixed, I think its a real dirty move by kabaam... And the fact that I have not heard anything else about it leads me to believe it's staying...

if you have not heard anything else then you are not actually paying attention. The massive thread on this with mod interaction is currently number 3 in the bugs and known issues forums.
    I feel this should be on the top of the list. The change in game play is clearly noticeable... I requested help from Miike in an older post in this thread to get clarity on what is this and if this will be fixed (or not).. If it’s not fixed, there won’t be any fun in continue playing this game. I wouldn’t spend that much time practicing against new AI so that after a few years, they change it again.. for me, this means all the efforts and time I put in learning and practicing against bots over more than 5 years, all of it, in vain.. which is a big deal!!
  • Options
    SprossTheBossSprossTheBoss Posts: 80
    I've noticed that the enemy will leave their guard down sometimes, especially when they are backed into the corner, and then the exact moment I attack in they start blocking. Maybe it's an attempt to get the A.I. to Parry more frequently, or it's their way of "baiting" an attack the way a player might.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, just different and I was curious if anyone else is noticing it. So far I've seen it in the new Uncollected EQ and in AQ Map5 but I'm not sure if it's in all areas or not.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    no one other than the 14,000,605 other people posting threads here and in the bug section.
  • Options
    Samdingo75Samdingo75 Posts: 65
    @Kabam Miike you & your kabam employee’s have changed the AI in the worst way possible & it’s in all content.... it is far more passive than ever before plus I am just amazed at how it can run at me then just stop dead in its tracks with out blocking & act like it’s having a conversation with me... I know others have said that the AI has changed in the past but right now this is ridiculous besides I thought y’all were going to fix how passive the AI is with holding on to special attacks in arena for it is still the same BS we in the community have been dealing with forever & we are now in the month of August... I could be wrong but I think y’all announced that arena changes were happening in this month... I’m tired of being patient for ive been patient ever since the nerf of version 12.0 & what patience I have left is for dealing with the coronavirus pandemic that seems to have no end in sight
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    So we all know that with the new update a new AI has come out. Most of us have noticed this difference and I have seen that a majority of the community isn't on board with it.

Before the update whenever I would finish a 4 hit combo or any combo for that matter the AI would make the opponent dash towards me while phasing with ghost and I would phase intercept and start another combo and repeat.

Now after the update, the AI no longer dashes in. I tried this across all the different game modes and still nothing. No dash, just standing and blocking. My alliance mates are also experiencing this.

Just out of curiosity is anybody else experiencing this after the latest update, would like to know.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

So we all know that with the new update a new AI has come out. Most of us have noticed this difference and I have seen that a majority of the community isn't on board with it.

Before the update whenever I would finish a 4 hit combo or any combo for that matter the AI would make the opponent dash towards me while phasing with ghost and I would phase intercept and start another combo and repeat.

Now after the update, the AI no longer dashes in. I tried this across all the different game modes and still nothing. No dash, just standing and blocking. My alliance mates are also experiencing this.

Just out of curiosity is anybody else experiencing this after the latest update, would like to know.

You answered your own question in the second sentence.
  • Options

@Kabam Miike you & your kabam employee’s have changed the AI in the worst way possible & it’s in all content.... it is far more passive than ever before plus I am just amazed at how it can run at me then just stop dead in its tracks with out blocking & act like it’s having a conversation with me... I know others have said that the AI has changed in the past but right now this is ridiculous besides I thought y’all were going to fix how passive the AI is with holding on to special attacks in arena for it is still the same BS we in the community have been dealing with forever & we are now in the month of August... I could be wrong but I think y’all announced that arena changes were happening in this month... I’m tired of being patient for ive been patient ever since the nerf of version 12.0 & what patience I have left is for dealing with the coronavirus pandemic that seems to have no end in sight

If you had patience you would have read through other threads and the Bugs section to know that this is an unintended change and they're looking for the cause.

It's not like this issue, or anything else you mentioned is or has affected only you.
  • Options
    unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    It's going to be fixed
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I noticed it. Couldn't even get past RoL black panther with a fully synergised, awakened rank 5 5* ghost with max suicides!
  • Options
    ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Used Ghost in AQ map6, no issues and it didn’t feel any different.
  • Options
    Grumpy said:

And kabam playing the dumb card about it

Yes, by investigating the issue.

On an unrelated note, as most people know if you go outside and look up you can see the sky. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • Options
    BigDog34BigDog34 Posts: 62
    edited August 2020
    AI against Ghost is back to how you once tried to change it. While in phase mode the AI will swing a couple of times but when you go to intercept they either block or dash back mid combo. Something that is mechanically impossible for us to do but this new AI has no issues doing it.
    But yeah there's been no change... Just like last time.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    This was posted within hours of the This was posted within hours of the update.

https://youtu.be/lErPuafRcWI
  • Options
    1stClass3331stClass333 Posts: 14
    edited August 2020
    The AI is extremely off and it’s getting irritating. I’ve already lost two arena fights (nearly 140k points gone) because of how passive the AI is. They don’t hit back immediately then as soon as I throw a hit, they block and land a parry on me. There’s very clearly a problem with their behavior and it needs to be fixed ASAP. Can’t imagine how frustrating this problem would be in act 6 or Abyss.