**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Am I crazy to rank 4 my 5* Red Magneto before his buff?

I’ve been sitting on a Mutant 3-4 year specific gem that I got from a Variant. Colossus is eligible for the rank up gem but who knows when I’ll pull him. There’s a level up event right now and I don’t really have anyone to Rank up. Am I crazy to use the gem on my awakened Red Magento without knowing how good his buff will be?

My logic is that Kabam HAS to deliver on creating an excellent buff and my next piece of content is fully exploring Variant 1 (which is obviously filled with metal champs).

I’m no blue whale but I am a dolphin. I have 8 5 stars at rank 5.

Am I crazy to rank 4 my 5* Red Magneto before his buff? 21 votes

WAIT - colossus is likely the champion to use that gem on.
52%
Lvernon15WorknprogressAleorBowTieJohnKevanproGRockypantherxEtjamaRenaxqqshield456Lobster44DariusYi 11 votes
DO IT - Magento will be awesome and even with dual crystals it may take you a long time to pull colossus
47%
TerraSpiderCoolsRahultripathiQuattrucciNeotwismThicco_ModeFlozellUbanezChikelMuffinBrainAdios50 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I used a gem on oml a week before his beta or release, can't remember. Was super disappointed with his buff. Pulled a 6* soon after that.
    If you don't need him, it's better to wait. Even if his buff is good, you may not like his new playstyle
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    DO IT - Magento will be awesome and even with dual crystals it may take you a long time to pull colossus
    I could have awakened my 6* Emma Frost from the nexus crystal but I chose Magneto Marvel Now in anticipation of the buff. I may be disappointed but at least I can feel happy about my choice until the buff is released.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    There's absolutely no benefit to doing it now so there's no reason you shouldn't wait. Odds are he'll be great but that doesn't mean he can't be great in a way you don't necessarily need or want
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Also in v1 you can use mutants only in first chapter, witch is the easiest one and can be done even with 4*s relatively easy
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The chance they make mags better than colossus is fairly low, colossus is a top 10 champ
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

The chance they make mags better than colossus is fairly low, colossus is a top 10 champ

You’re right. I’ll wait. It’s the prudent thing to do. Man, I hope he’s awesome though.
  • Options
    MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234
    Unless you have a need for magneto right now I'd wait. If you get hopes up that Kabam will get the buff right you will more than likely be disappointed.