**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

With the Magneto buff we need to fix the #metal situation

Comments

• ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    I just saw a epidsode in x-men 90s cartoon. Here magneto lifted mr. Sinister with his power. So, sinister is metallic. But in games, sinister isn’t tag as metal.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    TP33 said:

I mean come on kabam. Some champions aren’t listed as metal but very clearly use LOTS of metal.

For example
    1. Blade (Swords and guns)
    2. Corvus glaive (Glaive)
    3. Black Panther CW. (Suit)
    4. Domino (guns)
    5. Magneto (his suit is definitely magnetised seeing as otherwise Magneto could not control it)

Those were just a few examples of champions that use metal weapons/have metal suits that aren’t classed as metal champions. Just saying. Magneto as of now has a much more limited use then maybe he should have.

What about sinister, just saw an x-men cartoon. Magneto lifted him and throw him like sinister is made of metal!!!
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★

There are plans to update the Metal tag coming with the Magneto reworks as well. We're working on it and will announce them in the release notes as well!

I know your priority is going to be balance and that if Magneto remains how we've seen him you'll have to make sure he can't just shut down half the characters. Makes sense. To me if he has 70%AAR then it needs to be characters who are primarily metal not just characters with metal weapons. So I'd say Stark Spidey or Stealth Suit rely on gadgets but OG Spidey , Miles, or Spider-Gwens primary abilities don't rely on web shooters and so the AAR doesn't make sense. Clearly all Iron people, robots and even Guardian are primarily reliant on metal. That gets hard with swords/guns. Blades abilities, other than bleed , have nothing to do with metal and you can't pick and choose so I'd say Blade isn't metal not is Domino but I would say Elsa does rely on her weapon for most of her abilities same as Stealthy. It's not black and white but most characters it's clear if most of their abilities rely on metal suits bodies or devices.
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    edited August 2020
    I agree with the friend, you can't stop the wolverine's healing factor because it has a metallic skeleton, it has nothing to do with its power, but it must stop the regeneration of the iron man and ultron, because it happens by its metallic equipment
    metal not robot should be who depends on the metal equipment ... like red skull, rocket raccon and etc ...
    But there is wanting total perfection
    Kabam knows what he does ...
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Yes he is... you cannot 100% trust third party sites

I take offense!! Questioning Aunt Mai's trustworthiness! ;-)

I take accuracy very seriously so I feel the need to defend myself. AuntM.ai uses the game mechanics for determining the #Metal tag, Hulkbuster has a bug in the game where he does not get magnetized, hence AuntM.ai does not show the #Metal tag. This was a conscious decision as I think it's more important to match the effects than the text.

All that said, obviously mistakes can and do happen and I do appreciate when people bring them to my attention, better to check the data and find the root cause either way.
    I think it is a terrible decision, from a logical standpoint if you are sorting by tags you should be you know sorting by actual tags. You can add a note that it is currently bugged, in that way you are even MORE accurate. Where as if the bug is stealth fixed you will not be.
    Gomezlink said:

I agree with the friend, you can't stop the wolverine's healing factor because it has a metallic skeleton, it has nothing to do with its power, but it must stop the regeneration of the iron man and ultron, because it happens by its metallic equipment
    metal not robot should be who depends on the metal equipment ... like red skull, rocket raccon and etc ...

tell that to old man logan, whose regenerative power was hindered because of his metallic skeleton was poisoning him.
  • RichardSlugbergRichardSlugberg Posts: 81 ★★
    Lormif said:

I think it is a terrible decision, from a logical standpoint if you are sorting by tags you should be you know sorting by actual tags. You can add a note that it is currently bugged, in that way you are even MORE accurate. Where as if the bug is stealth fixed you will not be.

If you're sorting by tags, you care if the tags work, in this case specifically if Magneto magnetizes them, Hulkbuster does not get magnetized currently. The actual tags are the ones that work in the battle, those are the tags I let you filter by.

It wouldn't make sense to have someone search for something and respond with "I also included false positives".

The text descriptions can be inconsistent, Sentinel and Dormammu are both Poison and Bleed immune, so they both get the same filters, but Dormammu's bleed immune says he lacks blood, Sentinel's just says he's a robot. It would be a very poor experience if I used your logic and made a different bleed immune filter to match the text instead of the effect.

Lormif said:

If you're sorting by tags, you care if the tags work, in this case specifically if Magneto magnetizes them, Hulkbuster does not get magnetized currently. The actual tags are the ones that work in the battle, those are the tags I let you filter by.

It wouldn't make sense to have someone search for something and respond with "I also included false positives".

The text descriptions can be inconsistent, Sentinel and Dormammu are both Poison and Bleed immune, so they both get the same filters, but Dormammu's bleed immune says he lacks blood, Sentinel's just says he's a robot. It would be a very poor experience if I used your logic and made a different bleed immune filter to match the text instead of the effect.
    If I am sorting by tags all I care about is knowing if the champion has the tag, therefore it is not a false positive, because he literally has that tag. If there is a bug with that tag working after I attempt to use one or the other then it can be raised with the team either via the forums or tickets . If I see no tag for that champion then I assume he does not have the tag and therefore I would not know about the bad interaction at all, and therefore loses visibility from the player base and the game team.

Also nothing in my post suggests you should tag bleed immune differently for lacks blood or being a robot, that is non sequitur to my comment.
    edited August 2020
    tell that to old man logan, whose regenerative power was hindered because of his metallic skeleton was poisoning him.

it turns out that the wolverine’s healing factor already helps him keep the skeleton, now old gets complicated
    Gomezlink said:

it turns out that the wolverine’s healing factor already helps him keep the skeleton, now old gets complicated

it helps him live with something that destroys his power. the point is it has the ability to impede his power.
    it helps him live with something that destroys his power. the point is it has the ability to impede his power.

Okay, but what does Magneto change about it? It can control the skeleton but not the healing factor ...
    I did not understand
    Gomezlink said:

Okay, but what does Magneto change about it? It can control the skeleton but not the healing factor ...
    I did not understand

It can modify the metal to leak into his bloodstream faster. It can heat the metal causing burning from within weakening the healing factor for other sources.

Remember his healing factor does not prevent him from being knocked out due to large enough burst or sustained damage. There are lots of examples of him being knocked out in the comics and movies.
    edited August 2020
    Lormif said:

If I am sorting by tags all I care about is knowing if the champion has the tag, therefore it is not a false positive, because he literally has that tag. If there is a bug with that tag working after I attempt to use one or the other then it can be raised with the team either via the forums or tickets . If I see no tag for that champion then I assume he does not have the tag and therefore I would not know about the bad interaction at all, and therefore loses visibility from the player base and the game team.

Also nothing in my post suggests you should tag bleed immune differently for lacks blood or being a robot, that is non sequitur to my comment.

He literally doesn't have the tag. The bug is that they are showing you text saying he does have the tag. I don't type in what gets shown, it doesn't show up because he doesn't have it, when he has it, it'll start showing up.

The tags you see when you click champion info are just display text, like how Dormammu not having blood is display text, that's what I meant about the way they describe bleed immune being inconsistent, but they both have the same real tag. Similar to how I don't get info from champion spotlight pages because they may become outdated and inaccurate, I don't get tag info from reading champion bios.

I ignore what the game *tells* you in favor of what the game *does*. I don't know why anyone would prefer text accuracy over reality accuracy.

You're saying I'm reducing visibility, but if I didn't do this, there would be less visibility into the issue. The game would say #Metal, I'd say #Metal, and the game would quietly not let him be magnetized. The reason this was brought to attention is because of the visibility AuntMai created.

I did not choose to make the game tell you something potentially inconsistent, and I won't perpetuate it.

Lormif said:

He literally *doesn't* have the tag. The bug is that they are showing you text saying he does have the tag when he does not. I don't type in what gets shown, it doesn't show up because he doesn't have it, when he has it, it'll start showing up.

In the game data he does not have the correct tag, the tags you see when you click champion info are just display text, like how Dormammu not having blood is display text, that's what I meant about the way they describe bleed immune being inconsistent, but they both have the same real tag.

I ignore what the game *tells* you in favor of what the game *does*. I don't know why anyone would prefer text accuracy over reality accuracy.

You're saying I'm reducing visibility, but if I didn't do this, there would be less visibility into the issue. The game would say #Metal, I'd say #Metal, and the game would quietly not let him be magnetized. The reason this was brought to attention is because of the visibility AuntMai created.

I did not choose to make the game tell you something potentially inconsistent, and I won't perpetuate it.
    Your argument is akin to going to the store to buy a TV tagged for 300, then going to the cashier and they charge 1000, and she says "sorry it is not tagged for 300", while you literally look at the tag saying 300. It is tagged 300, on the back end there is a bug, but the tag is the visible front end hashtag that you can see. In addition we dont know if the problem with him not being magnetized is a actual tagging issue, or something overriding the tag on the back end.

The problem is you dont actually get reality accuracy consistently with your method. They are known for stealth fixes and public fixes, if they stealth fix it your database will not be "reality accurate", just wrong in both realities, and in MY opinion an outside website should not be the cause for confusion in the game.

In addition it leads to other questions, when the robotic bleed bug shows up to you remove the passive abilities from all robots affected by it, or do you just leave it up to the user in that case, if you dont then that is a major inconsistency.

In the end it is your website, and you can obviously do whatever you want with it, BUT, your stated quest for reality accuracy, over game stated accuracy, is doomed just by the nature of it and will cause more harm then good in a lot of situations.
    Lormif said:

Your argument is akin to going to the store to buy a TV tagged for 300, then going to the cashier and they charge 1000, and she says "sorry it is not tagged for 300", while you literally look at the tag saying 300. It is tagged 300, on the back end there is a bug, but the tag is the visible front end hashtag that you can see. In addition we dont know if the problem with him not being magnetized is a actual tagging issue, or something overriding the tag on the back end.

That's the thing ... I do know. He literally doesn't have the tag, that's what I'm showing. The bio showing the tag is the point of confusion.

To use your analogy, price tags on products in stores get out of sync with their internal database all the time, AuntMai is like those scanners that let you look up what it'll ring up as. Why would you want a scanner that would also tell you a price they won't honor instead of being accurate?
    Lormif said:

The problem is you dont actually get reality accuracy consistently with your method. They are known for stealth fixes and public fixes, if they stealth fix it your database will not be "reality accurate", just wrong in both realities, and in MY opinion an outside website should not be the cause for confusion in the game.

If they stealth fix it, my data will update, if they publicly fix it, my data will update. That's what I'm trying to say, it doesn't matter how they do it, AuntMai reflects the data.
    Lormif said:

In addition it leads to other questions, when the robotic bleed bug shows up to you remove the passive abilities from all robots affected by it, or do you just leave it up to the user in that case, if you dont then that is a major inconsistency.

There is no difference between the way Dormammu is bleed immune, the way Sentinel is bleed immune, or the way Collossus is bleed immune, all three have text that says so in a different way (it's not robot specific).

There is no difference between the way Hulk is not metal and the way Hulkbuster is not metal, the text you read doesn't change that.

If I hand you an Apple that has a label that says "Orange", would you put it in the Apple basket or the Orange basket? That's the issue, I don't blindly "trust" the labels, I figure it out for myself.
    Lormif said:

In the end it is your website, and you can obviously do whatever you want with it, BUT, your stated quest for reality accuracy, over game stated accuracy, is doomed just by the nature of it and will cause more harm then good in a lot of situations.

If causing more harm is what gets things fixed, then I guess I'll keep "causing more harm".
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

This is a stupid thread but I wanted to point out that titanium is weakly magnetic. It isn't enough to be affected by today's machines for medical procedures but it still has a weak magnetic field. Just wanted to share some actual science in case anyone wanted to learn something after reading through all the pointless comments.

That's what I said.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Gmonkey said:

TP33 said:

I mean come on kabam. Some champions aren’t listed as metal but very clearly use LOTS of metal.

For example
    1. Blade (Swords and guns)
    2. Corvus glaive (Glaive)
    3. Black Panther CW. (Suit)
    4. Domino (guns)
    5. Magneto (his suit is definitely magnetised seeing as otherwise Magneto could not control it)

Those were just a few examples of champions that use metal weapons/have metal suits that aren’t classed as metal champions. Just saying. Magneto as of now has a much more limited use then maybe he should have.

Not all metal is magnetic. Aluminum, copper, gold silver for example vibranium may not be.
    I think lore-wise, Magneto has used his power of manipulation of magnetic fields to induce an electrical current in non-ferrous metals (the ones that aren't magnetic), to turn them into Electro Magnets. I have spent a lot of time researching Magneto.
    As I said: Marvel comic writers are physics illiterate. Only ferrous metals can be turned into electro magnets.
    HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

If they stealth fix it, my data will update, if they publicly fix it, my data will update. That's what I'm trying to say, it doesn't matter how they do it, AuntMai reflects the data.

I feel this alone should stop this discussion. The point is simple if the game works the way it should then auntmai will show it. I don't know if it's sad or good that a third party site is more reliable and convenient way to get information about the game than the game itself
    it depends, are you looking for tags that match character tags, which will tell you how should, or are you looking for counters that will work right now, but not in the future. The site is good for the latter, not for the first.

As I said: Marvel comic writers are physics illiterate. Only ferrous metals can be turned into electro magnets.

This is a much more appealing conversation!

Electro magnetism does not require ferrous metals - ferrous metals are just much more susceptible. I wouldn't call the writers illiterate on the subject, just that the reality of Magneto's power is so incomprehensibly powerful it wouldn't make for good story telling.

The chemical bonds that hold molecules together is due to interactions of electric charge. The demonstrated power and precision Magneto has over the electro magnetic force, if wielded to it's full potential, would allow him to simply decompose any molecular structure into an atomic soup. Easier still would be pulling any polar compounds, like water, out of his opponent's body.

Thankfully the writers don't take it to this extreme and realize that imposing counter-intuitive narrative limits makes the comics and games more enjoyable.

Better still, the game has a built in mechanism for this - the Battlerealm and ISO-8. Our laws of physics go out the window when ISO-8 comes into play, and the champions we use and fight in the Battlerealm are not the 616 heroes we know, their powers could vary from comic cannon.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,107 ★★★★
    Where's all the comments about ferrous and non ferrous metal coming from?

One of the reasons magneto is so
    Powerful, is that he can manipulate electromagnetic fields down to the atomic level.

It's how he's able to produce forcefields spring enough to survive multiple nuclear explosions that even knocked out a fully ramped up Rogue, workout even noticing, or hits from the most powerful marvel characters.

Ferrous metal, just makes it even more trivial to him. Non ferrous metal, actually nearly anything at all, is trivial to him. He's supposed to even be able to manipulate the interaction between magnetic fields and gravity.

He's an Omega level mutant, one of the most powerful of all time.

But....

Kabam tend to ignore cannon.

But he should be able to manipulate based on a far wider definition of "metal" than in the game. He's the number 1 marvel villain of all time.

Forget Thanos, venom, void, green goblin, doom; he is the quintessential marvel villain.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    @RichardSlugberg @Lormif Magneto is not the only champion that interacts with #Metal tag. You have Terrax who cannot be power controlled by a champ that has #Metal and I just tried and Hulkbuster cannot drain Terrax's power. That interaction also is important. I think you should add the tag and put an asterisk saying the tag is not recognized by Magneto for overall correctness of the site.
    Pulyaman said:

@RichardSlugberg @Lormif Magneto is not the only champion that interacts with #Metal tag. You have Terrax who cannot be power controlled by a champ that has #Metal and I just tried and Hulkbuster cannot drain Terrax's power. That interaction also is important. I think you should add the tag and put an asterisk saying the tag is not recognized by Magneto for overall correctness of the site.

he even added the ability to editorialize champions on the site, that is where this information should be at imo.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 965 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Gomezlink said:

That's always the case, whether it's current Wolverine or future OML. It's just that OML is less resistant to the Adamantium poisoning due to his regen abilities being less potent the older he gets. When Wolverine had his Adamantium pulled from his body by Magneto in the Fatal Attractions storyline in 93, Wolverine's healing factor kicked into overdrive as his abilities were no longer hindered by the metal in his body.
    edited August 2020
    let Magneto be god, Dr Doom resists specials and doesn't take a hit critical and everyone thinks it's cool
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    I’m confused

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★

I’m confused

Currently, magnetism obly reduced ability accuracy, and provides no more additional abilities.
    OML and Archangel and immune to ability accuracy modifications and therefore magnetism isn't applied on them