**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Show Up Difficulty Feedback [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    i have mixed feelings about this event: i liked the fight itself, i think that with the right counter it's doable, and you don't really need "high skills" to beat SS (maybe learning how to dex his SP2, but you have plenty of time to do this); on the other side, being restricted to "only 4*" instead of "only 4* and below" removed the chance that i could have to do this fight on my alt, and i'm a little disappointed about it.

still, used only one revive (and i'll get it back later when i'll buy the energy daily card) for 3k 5* shards and 500k gold, so i would be tempted to say that i like the event... but i'll wait for IMIW, i have a bad feeling about this guy ^^"

lastly, i want to add that i'm not an end game player: i've just done a cavalier run, never done LOL, i find this month's herald difficulty to be too much for me and sometimes i still struggle with UC EQ exploration, sooo... if i beated SS, you can too!
  • Options
    MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    I used 4/40 Medusa with team of Blackbolt, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye and Spiderman. Did around 50% damage but messed up. Would like to try the Mr Fantastic synergy and Nick Fury to help Medusa but dont have them as 4*
  • Options
    TrapTrap Posts: 124
    edited August 2020
    Going to try again later. 353 hits in 7:12

https://youtu.be/aCI4klhmJG0
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

I wish this thread was about discussing strategies to bring down SS in show up....

But since protest has been shown to be a valid way to overcome content, why even try to go down that route?

100% agree. This is a good event to try different champs, synergies, strategies and practice against a beefy boss with zero energy cost.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★

My problem is Dr. Doom has made me a lazy fighter. I rely on my R5 5star Doom so much that whenever he is taken off the table, I’m screwed.

as someone who quakes everything, I wholeheartedly agree.
  • Options

Yea Ive solod with a few champs dusa, torch, colossus, thor.
    Some people simply cant accept the fact that it is too hard for them and arent skilled enough to do it. Most people want this game to be a walk in the park and need their hand to be held through content. I would prefer a game that involves skill rather than all easy content.

I do wish that all masteries would be the same and we had accessibility to all champs.

i don’t have a torch or Thor
    My Colossus isn’t even awakened
    I’m not ranking up my four star Medusa because I was planning using the showdown gold to rank up my five star Medusa.

see my problem?

Oh, and I only have pyramid x as a five star.
  • Options
    DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    I really hate this event. I think it's BS to make it such a niche load of nodes that you have to rank up 4* champs just to do it. Really shouldn't be that way at all. I'm in a position where I'm getting T2a and T5b so quickly, I really can't justify R5 4* Medusa or Colossus because the T4b need to be going to 5*s.

Kabam should have given us more 4* rank-up gems so we can actually enjoy the content without spending a load of resources. As this didn't happen, it's fair to say the rewards really aren't good enough.

Better still, we should have been given access to all champs so we can really experiment with different strategies, much more like in a competition. A level playing field makes for fair competition, so why wasn't that the case? This event had a lot of potential but the delivery was horrible.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

So I re-read the event description as I was wondering how my expectations and reality were so far apart...

In retrospect, what got me was the use of "EPIC". I immediately processed that as in line with typical Epic event difficulty and rewards. Seeing here where it says the difficulty is the same, but then referencing we can bring 5 total champs added to it. Kabam was very specific in the big boy pants level challenge to state the 4* restriction.
    They didn't mention any restrictions at all for the junior version. My assumption was I'd be trying with my max roster. That coupled with the invitation to all... and here we are at DEFCON 4.

I think I'm not the only one who read it that way based on the current overall reaction.

I'll give it a few more goes. I don't mind trying and failing a bit. But considering my last two 5*s were Jugs and a double dupe of Ronan... for me, the rewards don't justify the use of boosts or revives.

I tip my cap to those that get it done at this level, let alone the big boy pants level...

Mods, don't know if you are still paying attention, but maybe the Kabam PR team needs to consider a little more caution...and maybe a review by a lawyer. :D

Lol, seeing this again made me realize that they screwed up. Badly.

We encourage all our summoners to use the show up difficulty to challenge themselves.

1) Encouragement wise, this does a bad job at doing that.
    2) 'All Summoners'. I can't get over those 2 words. Who all is doing this exactly? I hope this was a spelling error because this is NOT for all summoners. No matter their progression or level? Is that a joke?
    Encourage ALL summoners.

All means all.

Everyone has 4*s

If you make the fight easy, such that anyone can beat it easily, then you dont challenge ALL. They did not say it would be easy for ALL, in fact they stated quite clearly in your own post it would be a challenge to them.
    You have been defending kabam on this thread like they took bullets for you and your life is on the line
    Its really funny, anyone in this thread who is critical of those complaining about a challenging fight, who basically want free rewards, claims of being toxic and derogatory. Those who directly insult those people who are critical, OK. I see the MCOC forums double standard is still intact after all this time.
  • Options
    DannyB01 said:

I really hate this event. I think it's BS to make it such a niche load of nodes that you have to rank up 4* champs just to do it. Really shouldn't be that way at all. I'm in a position where I'm getting T2a and T5b so quickly, I really can't justify R5 4* Medusa or Colossus because the T4b need to be going to 5*s.

Kabam should have given us more 4* rank-up gems so we can actually enjoy the content without spending a load of resources. As this didn't happen, it's fair to say the rewards really aren't good enough.

Better still, we should have been given access to all champs so we can really experiment with different strategies, much more like in a competition. A level playing field makes for fair competition, so why wasn't that the case? This event had a lot of potential but the delivery was horrible.

opening it up to all champions does not create a level playing field, in actually creates the most uneven playing field. Everyone should have a large roster of 4*s, and limiting to lower * levels allows it for people who have the widest base in possible champions. With the new auto fights getting level up mats for 4*s is pretty simple.
  • Options
    WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

opening it up to all champions does not create a level playing field, in actually creates the most uneven playing field. Everyone should have a large roster of 4*s, and limiting to lower * levels allows it for people who have the widest base in possible champions. With the new auto fights getting level up mats for 4*s is pretty simple.
    So you get T4B and T1A from autofighting?
    Do you even play this game?
  • Options
    Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

Also, here’s this

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

t4bc yes, why yes you do.. And t1a is easy to get. Do you even play this game? I am a throne breaker, how about yourself?
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

t4A yes, why yes you do.. And t1a is easy to get. Do you even play this game? I am a throne breaker, how about yourself?
    Oh, you are throne-breaker.
    But please tell me, where I can find T4A mister 'throne-breaker'?

And in how many days of auto fighting will get you get 1TB?
    As far as the T1A, I prefer to use them on 5* champs
  • Options
    Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

t4A yes, why yes you do.. And t1a is easy to get. Do you even play this game? I am a throne breaker, how about yourself?

it was quite clearly a typo, that the forum ate when I attempted to correct, it was t4bc as you asked about.

And what you prefer to use them on what not the argument you made. If you dont want to do it then dont, this month has lots of content, giving out around 5 5*s and no one is making you do this one.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    Anish_108 said:

bdawg923 said:

Easy skip. So dumb. What a waste of time. Way to get everyone excited for no reason

Yet another stupid hype train parked for the whales. Smh
    Yet there are tons of non whales soloing the fight 🤷 haven't seen a "whale" on these forums yet showcasing their fight.
  • Options

Haji_Saab said:

I wish this thread was about discussing strategies to bring down SS in show up....

But since protest has been shown to be a valid way to overcome content, why even try to go down that route?

Protest to overcome a content?
    Dude i am relatively new to the game but i am a end game player, i got lucky with couple of 5* pulls so i had no need for my 4* so i stoped ranking them and now i am supposed to waste my resources on obsolete 4* champions that i will not use almost ever again?
    So how is it by your genius opinion that having one or even 2-3 champs that can damage this guy gona make any strategies to clear this side quest when a lot of people don't have this champs?

What is my strategy without couple of hand picked champions by Kabam, or revives and units?
    And a hope that i get lucky and not activate his regen???
    That is not a strategy, that is a push trough, that is a level of push you do when becoming cavalier...not even, cavalier was actually far,far easier than this monstrosity...
    you will use them again, special content like this comes up, such as variants and these types quests. Also there are over 15 champs that should be able to do this fairly easily with good skill.
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★
    I won’t speak for anyone else, but for me it’s just kind of boring.

Glad it’s only one fight. But I don’t have the time or interest to do 8 to 12 fights at almost 10 minutes each, with 350 hits and a rinse-wash-repeat strategy.

Feels grindy to be honest. I won’t gainsay anyone who likes that experience. It’s not for me though.
  • Options
    FightingHornetFightingHornet Posts: 51
    I have decided not to kill that surfer, I'm going to be friend with him, he is too strong.
  • Options
    WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    Guys, this is not a freebie. It's a tournament to test your skills. The fight is pretty much the same as the official showdown.
    As @will-o-wisp said, it's a matter of skill / roster.
    There are plenty of events (boss rush, variant 5, EQ, side quest) for you to gather resources.
    I can't wait to see people complaining about Summer of Pain soon.
  • Options
    Seeing as there are a few non believers that Colossus can solo Silver Surfer in the number of hits I screenshot, I just did this to prove a point... 26% of his health in 39 hits. For those of you that struggle with maths, that's tracking under 160 hits for the KO.
    https://youtu.be/msVzcQrgRBU
  • Options
    Thecurler said:

Seeing as there are a few non believers that Colossus can solo Silver Surfer in the number of hits I screenshot, I just did this to prove a point... 26% of his health in 39 hits. For those of you that struggle with maths, that's tracking under 160 hits for the KO.

Dude they dont want to believe it, this video will not prove it to those people, they want to rage because of the difficulty of it, and dont want the challenge.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Thecurler said:

But you still have to rank 5 colossus, even if you have him at rank 5 as a 5*
  • Options
    Whaaaat said:

Thecurler said:

But you still have to rank 5 colossus, even if you have him at rank 5 as a 5*
    Yes I ranked up Colossus for this event. So have several people in my alliance.
    Personally I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation to rank up a champ for an event like this. I understand not everyone has that view.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

it was quite clearly a typo, that the forum ate when I attempted to correct, it was t4bc as you asked about.

And what you prefer to use them on what not the argument you made. If you dont want to do it then dont, this month has lots of content, giving out around 5 5*s and no one is making you do this one.
    “If yOu dOnT wAnT tO dO iT tHeN dOnT”

Please. They could have created the *exact* same difficulty and significantly increased accessibility by making it 3-stars only and reducing HP to 40% of present value.

The outrage comes from a few places - 1) one of the ideal counters was garbage when 4-stars mattered and wasn’t buffed until later, 2) the cost is an entry barrier that is unpalatable for many summoners, 3) the reward is tantamount to bragging rights only, and 4) this was completely and totally avoidable if a modicum of thought was put into it.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Lormif said:

Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

Please. They could have created the *exact* same difficulty and significantly increased accessibility by making it 3-stars only and reducing HP to 40% of present value.

The outrage comes from a few places - 1) one of the ideal counters was garbage when 4-stars mattered and wasn’t buffed until later, 2) the cost is an entry barrier that is unpalatable for many summoners, 3) the reward is tantamount to bragging rights only, and 4) this was completely and totally avoidable if a modicum of thought was put into it.
    And those people would still be complaining. Why because what you are stating the outrage is, is not the actual outrage people have been stating.

The outrage has been
    1) how dare they require me to rank up things outside of 5&6 stars, because act 6 allows nothing lower.
    2) how dare they make such a long fight.
    3) how dare they make something challenging that not everyone can do easily without revives.

This is not avoidable, because this is how the community reacts to anything that is a challenge to the base, they feel they deserve to be able to do anything, and without much of a challenge.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Lormif said:

Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

oh and lets not forget the classic "I deleted all my 4*s 3 years ago"
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Anish_108 said:

bdawg923 said:

Easy skip. So dumb. What a waste of time. Way to get everyone excited for no reason

Yet another stupid hype train parked for the whales. Smh
    or ya know... for people with skill