Show Up Difficulty Feedback [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Member Posts: 6,469 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

So, for the next week bosses, can we make them a little bit harder and challenging?

Like, make Captain Marvel immune to the damage back from mystic champions. And IW IM should have some healing abilities, so that we need to outdamage it.

Just some ideas. Don't make them as easier as this silver surfer was

Obviously you have some of the few champion that actually work. Some people don’t have the luxury of having those champions ranked up.

Like you said, you could remove rewards, but that would just be kinda pointless. Just proving to yourself that you can do it. I know I can do it, but there is no way in hell im taking up a 4* to r4 or 5 just for the purpose of making myself feel better for to get a single 5*.
    we have known for like a month it would require 4*s, not having 4* mats sitting around waiting to be used is not much of an excuse in my opinion.
    They didn’t tell us that it would have to be a specific 4*. I have the needed ones, but I’m not ranking them for virtually no rewards.
    It is not a specific 4*..... There is a large list of potential candidates.
    Yep:
    Medusa
    Torch
    Collossus
    Anhilius
    SPX
    Hype
    Anhilius
    Sasquatch.

Lets see, I don’t have any Coldsnap immunes ranked up, or any armor breakers ranked up.
    there are more than that. The design of this is to make you think more, but hey. Corvas could also work provided you are good at evading while charges are down, and can use coldsnap to regain chip damage when they are up. That is just one outisde your box.
    You’ve brought up one more. Yippee. And I don’t have them ranked up. Trust me, it’s inside my box, I know I could win the fight if I actually had the niche counter. And you could also just parry and put an armor break on them when you’re waiting to get your charges back. You should really go somewhere else and discuss something you fully understand.
    others have brought up even more, including the person above you. Also if you are going to tell someone

"You should really go somewhere else and discuss something you fully understand."

Make sure you yourself understand the fight. If you use parries to keep armor break on you are going to take a lot of damage considering it only lasts 4 seconds, and you will need to last through atleast 10 if not more. I took this into consideration, you apparently did not.
    I fully understand the fight, and a highly ranked corvus can afford to take a lot of block damage during this time because he will willpower it back from the cold snap and the armor breaks.
    Lormif said:

Faseeh said:

Lormif said:

Rabanga said:

Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

So, for the next week bosses, can we make them a little bit harder and challenging?

Like, make Captain Marvel immune to the damage back from mystic champions. And IW IM should have some healing abilities, so that we need to outdamage it.

Obviously you have some of the few champion that actually work. Some people don’t have the luxury of having those champions ranked up.

Like you said, you could remove rewards, but that would just be kinda pointless. Just proving to yourself that you can do it. I know I can do it, but there is no way in hell im taking up a 4* to r4 or 5 just for the purpose of making myself feel better for to get a single 5*.
    we have known for like a month it would require 4*s, not having 4* mats sitting around waiting to be used is not much of an excuse in my opinion.
    They didn’t tell us that it would have to be a specific 4*. I have the needed ones, but I’m not ranking them for virtually no rewards.
    Yep:
    Medusa
    Torch
    Collossus
    Anhilius
    SPX
    Hype
    Anhilius
    Sasquatch.

Lets see, I don’t have any Coldsnap immunes ranked up, or any armor breakers ranked up.
    there are more than that. The design of this is to make you think more, but hey. Corvas could also work provided you are good at evading while charges are down, and can use coldsnap to regain chip damage when they are up. That is just one outisde your box.
    You’ve brought up one more. Yippee. And I don’t have them ranked up.
    But why not rank someone up? We had variant 4 which required 4* champs, we will surely have more content which requires 4* champs.

Even failing that argument, and worse come worse it is only 8 t5b and 3 t4cc, all of which can be earned back in 2-3 weeks time and you have a permanently ranked champion in your roster for arena.
    V4 is something you can do over a long period of time...This we have, what...2 weeks?
    34 days, unless they remove it weekly which I have not heard them doing. So 5 weeks.
    Yeah such a good idea. Lets spend our entire month trying to finish surfer off
    you guys are like experts at moving the goal posts and strawmen arguments.
    Out of curiosity, do you have a solo of your own that I could see?
  • LormifLormif Member Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Yep:
    Medusa
    Torch
    Collossus
    Anhilius
    SPX
    Hype
    Anhilius
    Sasquatch.

You’ve brought up one more. Yippee. And I don’t have them ranked up. Trust me, it’s inside my box, I know I could win the fight if I actually had the niche counter. And you could also just parry and put an armor break on them when you’re waiting to get your charges back. You should really go somewhere else and discuss something you fully understand.
    others have brought up even more, including the person above you. Also if you are going to tell someone

"You should really go somewhere else and discuss something you fully understand."

Make sure you yourself understand the fight. If you use parries to keep armor break on you are going to take a lot of damage considering it only lasts 4 seconds, and you will need to last through atleast 10 if not more. I took this into consideration, you apparently did not.
    I fully understand the fight, and a highly ranked corvus can afford to take a lot of block damage during this time because he will willpower it back from the cold snap and the armor breaks.
    You are going to end up taking a lot more damage than you realize, atleast 30% per cycle, and I dont believe you are going to regain 30% from the regen, but it is possible.
    Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Yep:
    Medusa
    Torch
    Collossus
    Anhilius
    SPX
    Hype
    Anhilius
    Sasquatch.

But why not rank someone up? We had variant 4 which required 4* champs, we will surely have more content which requires 4* champs.

Even failing that argument, and worse come worse it is only 8 t5b and 3 t4cc, all of which can be earned back in 2-3 weeks time and you have a permanently ranked champion in your roster for arena.
    If there is more 4* only content, then I will rank more 4*s if the rewards actually look like they are worth the gold and iso that it takes to rank them. And I know how many resources it takes. I don’t have enough iso to afford to waste it completely.
  • KingKiahKingKiah Member Posts: 192

Hey all,

This is correct. This is a participation event for that want to be a part of the Summoner Showdown, but don't feel comfortable competing in the Showdown qualifiers. It's a taste of what our Competitors are facing and is not meant to be easy.

It is still meant to be a challenge and a test of skill.

Let me enlighten you to something
    Creating grueling content that becomes tedious and like threading a needle is anxiety inducing

I don’t think many players want to spend time playing to receive no reward, people play this game for the feedback loop
    Very few players will see the “challenge” and want to spend hours and hours finishing the same fight over and over If there’s nothing gained. There’s a minuscule % of the community that will find the showdown content desireable

Time is money, and spending loads of time on content that gives borderline zero return isn’t gonna get good feedback.
    I did one fight and got him down 1% and backed out and quit and have zero plan to go back in and try again
    I barely can stomach playing the herald difficulty content - just because the slips are free by daily log in doesn’t make it incentivizing to nearly have to use items each run due to the vision arkus (only one I’ve played) power gaining to sp3 quick even when using my doom.
    I don’t want to play purposeful item drain content. I don’t even like aq fights some days because they sit back or walk toward you and stand there
    Or manage to hit me somehow by going in and out of block to then dash at me when I make a mistake

It’s sometimes grueling. And creates a negative feedback loop that makes me get hits of anxiety when thinking about playing.
    And a 1.4mill coldsnap SS is more anxiety inducing content. That next to no one wants to play. As you’ve seen in this thread.
  • KingKiahKingKiah Member Posts: 192
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Kabam, what made you think that 1.4 million health would be a fun fight? You already have your showdown difficulty! Why in the world is show up such a cash grab??

It's hardly a cash grab. I do think the 1.4 million is overkill but its not like it costs any energy to do.
    and also you have to rank up champs you might not use otherwise. well I guess you could use r1 4* but ya know. and it's ranking up champs we probably wouldn't use in other places for 3k 5* shards
    Sure. But all those resources aren't exactly the hardest to get. Its not like we're talking about T5B or T2A.

Is it annoying, sure.
    Is it a cash grab like KD called it. No.
    Idk about you but I’m not overflowing with gold, iso, or basic stuff like t1 alpha to be able to rank any champ anytime
    Rabanga said:

Lormif said:

Faseeh said:

Lormif said:

Rabanga said:

Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Yep:
    Medusa
    Torch
    Collossus
    Anhilius
    SPX
    Hype
    Anhilius
    Sasquatch.

V4 is something you can do over a long period of time...This we have, what...2 weeks?
    34 days, unless they remove it weekly which I have not heard them doing. So 5 weeks.
    The fact is, its limited while the Variants aren't limited. I have once threwed all the variants except V1...I'll get to the exploration some day and I may rank some useless champs to do it. It will be worth it because the rewards are better, and I can do it at my leisure saving up ranking resources over time.

The strawman argument is that this is just like ranking for a variant which it clearly isn't...the rewards are garbage.
    Tell that to the people without a 1* hulk trying to complete caustic temper path in variant 4. I never made the claim it is just like ranking up for a variant, but nice try. This is completely skippable content.
    Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Yep:
    Medusa
    Torch
    Collossus
    Anhilius
    SPX
    Hype
    Anhilius
    Sasquatch.

If there is more 4* only content, then I will rank more 4*s if the rewards actually look li
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Yep:
    Medusa
    Torch
    Collossus
    Anhilius
    SPX
    Hype
    Anhilius
    Sasquatch.

You are going to end up taking a lot more damage than you realize, atleast 30% per cycle, and I dont believe you are going to regain 30% from the regen, but it is possible.
    I’ve tested this with someone with relativley similar bp, and you can regen a lot of it back through max willpower.
  • EtjamaEtjama Member Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

I know there is a block feature, I don’t really need to block anyone, but is there also a feature to hide an entire thread? I would really like to hide every thread dealing with summoner showdown.

There's this thing called a brain. Amazingly, it has the ability to ignore things. Incredible, I know. (Just a joke, man. Don't mind me. 😂)
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Member Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Etjama said:

I know there is a block feature, I don’t really need to block anyone, but is there also a feature to hide an entire thread? I would really like to hide every thread dealing with summoner showdown.

There's this thing called a brain. Amazingly, it has the ability to ignore things. Incredible, I know. (Just a joke, man. Don't mind me. 😂)
    Thanks. I am ignoring, just gotta get to like page 3 before I can get to some other topics.
    I knew I shouldn’t have asked, but I did anyways. That’s on me.
  • EtjamaEtjama Member Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Thanks. I am ignoring, just gotta get to like page 3 before I can get to some other topics.
    OooOOooh, fiesty one I see.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Member Posts: 955 ★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

OooOOooh, fiesty one I see.
    You win. I can’t battle your wit.

• MiStaLovaMiStaLova Member Posts: 942 ★★★
    3 revives

• TrueMasterTrueMaster Member Posts: 20
    Etjama said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKwX8-p-Z28
    This is link to Seatin's vid.
    I love the part where he says "This is not my definition of fun."
    @Kabam Miike ... Care to comment?

I'm not one to just let YouTubers speak for me, but Seatin explains my view perfectly here. This isn't a fun fight and it's not a worthwhile fight so what's the point? I don't have solid options ranked up and the rewards aren't worth the resources to rank em up. Sure, I could get him down with a so-so or unranked option with couple revives but it's not worth that either, I'll save my revives for the Omega Boss Rush thank you very much.
    I think he's kinda speaking for all of us...well most of us anyway.
    Those who still think this fight was worth the lousy amount of 5-star shards and gold, watch the vid.
  • TrueMasterTrueMaster Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2020
    MiStaLova said:

3 revives

Kabam's definition of "EpIC ReWardS" and "HaViNG FuN" is very different from ours TBH
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Member Posts: 189 ★★
    Kabam has s very different understanding of word FUN.

This event should have been doable by majority. I did it because I had the champs and experience for it but I cannot see how progressing players can do it.
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Member Posts: 899 ★★★
    Terribly designed
  • IKONIKON Member Posts: 1,352 ★★★★★
    In the end, I did end up completing it with a medusa/Hyperion combo. I did end up enjoying the fight, however there's still 2 main complaints

1. I happened to have 4* medusa and Hyperion ranked already. In no way shape or form would I have ever rank a 4* for this. Kabam themselves have trained us not to invest in 4* by
    1a. excluding 4* from act 6
    1b. Offering far more 2-3 5* gems
    then 4-5 4* gems

2. From what I've seen, the best counter to this fight is sasquatch, a champion released last month that is not in basic. This is not a level playing field, as you need to have bought cavs, and pulled the 4* version.

A switch to 3* wouldn't solve all the problems, but it would help a lot.
    Rabanga said:

Lormif said:

Rabanga said:

Lormif said:

Faseeh said:

Lormif said:

Rabanga said:

Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Yep:
    Medusa
    Torch
    Collossus
    Anhilius
    SPX
    Hype
    Anhilius
    Sasquatch.

The fact is, its limited while the Variants aren't limited. I have once threwed all the variants except V1...I'll get to the exploration some day and I may rank some useless champs to do it. It will be worth it because the rewards are better, and I can do it at my leisure saving up ranking resources over time.

The strawman argument is that this is just like ranking for a variant which it clearly isn't...the rewards are garbage.
    Tell that to the people without a 1* hulk trying to complete caustic temper path in variant 4. I never made the claim it is just like ranking up for a variant, but nice try. This is completely skippable content.
    First...All content is completely skippable...Further, there is a source to acquire a 1* Hulk...A source that you can go to over time and keep trying to get him. Months...even years.

I fully agree this content could be bypassed and not done by everyone...but isn't that counter to what Kabam wants? I mean they want us to do it...to spend to do it in fact.
    The fact is the variant is still limited, which you claimed it was not.... Again back to the moving the goal posts.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,482 Guardian
    Hoodie25 said:

I honestly don't see what the issue is. The initial post even said it would be like the showdown with a little bit of a difference but that it would still be similar to it. This is designed exactly how it was said and is a good way to even practice for the showdown id you are wanting to take a crack at it.

Pray tell, why exactly would you need the show up difficulty as practice for showdown difficulty when you can just jump into showdown with your, oh I don’t know, unlimited amount of attempts? Just a thought
    You got me there, I originally thought there would be a daily limit or something. There is not so that's my bad haha
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    Jestress said:

I personally did not have any issue completing this content, but I am an endgame player. There is not a single chance that a mid-tier player will be able to compete in this event. Not very inclusive, if you ask me. I thought the road map specifically said that Kabam was getting away from "restrictive" challenges where just a handful of options work? What happened to that?

The coldsnap node made the fight restrictive.
    Seems like countless pages of feedback on June, with many refers on restrictive fights 6.2 Sinister type, didn’t had any effect on Kabam’s design.
    What’s the positive this coldsnap node added to the fight?
    The only thing that did, it was narrowing the options and created a cry out as an outcome.
    😠
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    This event needs better rewards. Just make it worth my time is all I ask.
    Greekhit said:

Jestress said:

I personally did not have any issue completing this content, but I am an endgame player. There is not a single chance that a mid-tier player will be able to compete in this event. Not very inclusive, if you ask me. I thought the road map specifically said that Kabam was getting away from "restrictive" challenges where just a handful of options work? What happened to that?

The coldsnap node made the fight restrictive.
    Seems like countless pages of feedback on June, with many refers on restrictive fights 6.2 Sinister type, didn’t had any effect on Kabam’s design.
    What’s the positive this coldsnap node added to the fight?
    The only thing that did, it was narrowing the options and created a cry out as an outcome.
    😠
    it made you think about how to get around it. There are still tones of possibilities. more than the sinister. Do you want just straight up tank and spank and never any restrictions on champs at all?
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,941 ★★★★★
    I must admit reading these comments on waste of time is correct as yes only 1 fight and can be practise its just boring after a while where u just wanna quit the fight and not bother and how wording was its for all plays thought maybe same nodes but with Lower health for showup as the health for sure is the problem especially for 3k 5 star shards the gold i think is fair just not the shards
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Member Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Like literally no one is happy with this "show up" bull. I really expected a difficulty that was tailored for everyone in this game, and if you couldn't, drop down a notch.