Show Up Difficulty Feedback [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• Lpirnie5321Lpirnie5321 Member Posts: 113
    I’d imagine the past tournaments were no different than this, aside from being limited to select participants. Show Up is there to allow everyone to try and see what they can do.

We made it a contest in our alliance to see who can take the most health off Silver Surfer. Winner gets a GGC in this year’s gifting event. Stop complaining and have some fun with it.
  • OnmixOnmix Member Posts: 508 ★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

WhatElse said:

Guys, this is not a freebie. It's a tournament to test your skills. The fight is pretty much the same as the official showdown.
    As @will-o-wisp said, it's a matter of skill / roster.
    There are plenty of events (boss rush, variant 5, EQ, side quest) for you to gather resources.
    I can't wait to see people complaining about Summer of Pain soon.

This isn't a tournament though. This is show up difficulty. There are no leader boards or anything like that.
    Not really though.
    The tournament is the exact same fight. They just gave everybody a chance to try that fight with better odds (5-team)
    You can’t disconnect the two.
  • PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Member Posts: 372 ★★
    JUST GET RID OF THAT STUPID COLDSNAP AND THE FIGHT WILL BE EASY.

The healthpool doesn't matter, what matters is the coldsnap on contact and you need to bring an armour break champ or coldsnap immune champ which narrows the fight down to a select few champs like medusa, colossus and so on. If this node is removed, we can basically bring in any 4* champ to deal with his health pool, and less people will be complaining about there only being a few counters...!!!
  • Stu198311Stu198311 Member Posts: 76
    Absolute joke, you can only use from what I have seen, 2 specific champions to even get close to defeating silver surfer and they are colossus and madusa, not everyone has these champions as a 4*, Pathetic.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Fellow players, a little help. The node inflicts coldsnap on contact. When I fired bishop sp2, I got 3 coldsnap on me from the energy attacks. Is the interaction correct?
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Member Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    coldsnap would have been fine, if they allowed us temporary dev build for this. Its just not worth it to rank up 4*s. Either that, or allow 5*s. I have a 5* R3 medusa. Equivalent to a 5/50. Would love to use her.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,482 Guardian

I asked this in the past too, whether the difficulties will be the same. Now come on, showdown scores are measured by many factors which show that the boss isn't meant to die. For show up, you have to complete the fight to even get the rewards, which for that difficulty and restriction, are absolutely not worth it. Atleast allow the entire roster for the fun difficulty. Never imagined I'll feel bad for having a 5* torch and Colossus but not the 4*

the showdown boss was not meant to not die. The had factors in place if no one killed him, but many people have solo and beat the showdown version
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Member Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Kabam, what made you think that 1.4 million health would be a fun fight? You already have your showdown difficulty! Why in the world is show up such a cash grab??

It's hardly a cash grab. I do think the 1.4 million is overkill but its not like it costs any energy to do.
    Holy smokes like you want to get bombarded with dislikes, some people will defend any garbage that comes out of kabams backside
  • Hoodie25Hoodie25 Member Posts: 312 ★★★

I honestly don't see what the issue is. The initial post even said it would be like the showdown with a little bit of a difference but that it would still be similar to it. This is designed exactly how it was said and is a good way to even practice for the showdown id you are wanting to take a crack at it.

Pray tell, why exactly would you need the show up difficulty as practice for showdown difficulty when you can just jump into showdown with your, oh I don’t know, unlimited amount of attempts? Just a thought
  • slackerslacker Member Posts: 775 ★★★★
    Oh come on, if the kabam make the reward too big, i bet everyone gonna force themself spent lots of revive just finish this and still complain this is bs whatever
    Just think that showdown main thing is the fight itself, the reward just an addiction to feel better, they make it less because when you skip it you won't regret too much
  • LormifLormif Member Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Kabam, what made you think that 1.4 million health would be a fun fight? You already have your showdown difficulty! Why in the world is show up such a cash grab??

It's hardly a cash grab. I do think the 1.4 million is overkill but its not like it costs any energy to do.
    Holy smokes like you want to get bombarded with dislikes, some people will defend any garbage that comes out of kabams backside
    And some players will defend any garbage that comes out of some players mouths, just to participate in a popularity contest.
    edited August 2020
    Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

And some players will defend any garbage that comes out of some players mouths, just to participate in a popularity contest.
    Dude you must be stupid if you think this event is fair. They made it out to be accessible to everyone. Turns out its a tough fight with terrible rewards
    Edit: you have 10k dislikes for a reason dude
    Tiger360 said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dude you must be stupid if you think this event is fair. They made it out to be accessible to everyone. Turns out its a tough fight with terrible rewards
    Fair is a relative thing. What you consider fair, someone else will not. They have entire classes on college that cover this.

Yes, I do, I think for myself and defend my statements. Typically my statements are against the mob mentality so I get dislikes from the mob, it goes towards that whole I dont play popularity contensts.
  • JadedJaded Member Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Fair is a relative thing. What you consider fair, someone else will not. They have entire classes on college that cover this.

Yes, I do, I think for myself and defend my statements. Typically my statements are against the mob mentality so I get dislikes from the mob, it goes towards that whole I dont play popularity contensts.
    You treat it like a popularity contest...others would just apologize and move on. Regardless if they are right or wrong, yet here you are trying to “defend” your point of view. When no one cares to hear it 😂😂
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,955 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

If you don't have the roster or skills to do it, then it's not for you

Kabam: Drops Ebony Maw with 6 mil health, 10 nodes, 3 star restriction and bans science champions from being used against him with a 4 star crystal as a reward
    This dude: "Best event ever"
    Gosh, Ebony Maw is already a powerful champion on it's own. Adding any node on him would just make him insane.
    But is not a bad idea for the future. Maybe on act 7 or on the monthly cavalier difficulty
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,937 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

Tiger360 said:

Kabam: Drops Ebony Maw with 6 mil health, 10 nodes, 3 star restriction and bans science champions from being used against him with a 4 star crystal as a reward
    Gosh, Ebony Maw is already a powerful champion on it's own. Adding any node on him would just make him insane.
    But is not a bad idea for the future. Maybe on act 7 or on the monthly cavalier difficulty
    Instead of stacked herald Doom boss, give us a stacked Ebony Maw boss.

only counter is Abomination
    Jaded said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

You treat it like a popularity contest...others would just apologize and move on. Regardless if they are right or wrong, yet here you are trying to “defend” your point of view. When no one cares to hear it 😂😂
    I, infact do the opposite. And why would I apologize? I done anything to apologize for. I didnt know having a countering belief was a reason to apologize.... You are correct, no one cares to hear they are too busy with irrational hatred.
    Jaded said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

exactly
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,937 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

Tiger360 said:

PLS PLS PLS tell me ur joking!!!Im abt to be cav and i dont want to do that kind of fight ever

He’s being serious, can’t you tell?

yes, of course he’s joking
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Member Posts: 1,196 ★★★★

So, for the next week bosses, can we make them a little bit harder and challenging?

Like, make Captain Marvel immune to the damage back from mystic champions. And IW IM should have some healing abilities, so that we need to outdamage it.

Just some ideas. Don't make them as easier as this silver surfer was

Also add aggressive regen and unstoppable buff for more fun :-)

And how about a node where if the defender even touches you (blocked hits count too) you instantly die. What say @will-o-wisp? Also maybe pair defensive with a special node where the opponent is inflicted with a passive degen if they don't land a hit every 2 seconds?
    Someone at the kabam offices: write that down! write that down!
    Already done mate. :)
    Faseeh said:

You might think this is fair @Lormif but wait till cmm comes. I bet she will hv way more bs nodes. Maybe then you will change your mind. She will definitely hv some kind of degen if she takes energy dmg

Even if I cannot do the content myself that does not make the content unfair. I do not treat content in a game based on fair dependent on if I am personally able to achieve the prize, because I dont think every prize should be easily attainable by all. And that is probably the largest difference between me and the masses here on the forums complaining about this. My own personal biases do not dictate what I think is fair.

I asked this in the past too, whether the difficulties will be the same. Now come on, showdown scores are measured by many factors which show that the boss isn't meant to die. For show up, you have to complete the fight to even get the rewards, which for that difficulty and restriction, are absolutely not worth it. Atleast allow the entire roster for the fun difficulty. Never imagined I'll feel bad for having a 5* torch and Colossus but not the 4*

the showdown boss was not meant to not die. The had factors in place if no one killed him, but many people have solo and beat the showdown version
    Yeah my bad on that one. I'll conveniently blame that one on lack of sleep

Faseeh said:

Tiger360 said:

PLS PLS PLS tell me ur joking!!!Im abt to be cav and i dont want to do that kind of fight ever

He’s being serious, can’t you tell?

yes, of course he’s joking
    I'd not assume that tbh.. ;)
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Member Posts: 621 ★★

Hey all,

This is correct. This is a participation event for that want to be a part of the Summoner Showdown, but don't feel comfortable competing in the Showdown qualifiers. It's a taste of what our Competitors are facing and is not meant to be easy.

It is still meant to be a challenge and a test of skill.

With those rewards? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I mean come on guys, this isn’t as much skill based as it is roster based. And with act 6 restricting four stars why would I bother with ranking up any new 4 stars I get? Why would I waste the gold (which is already sparse) for this one challenge and not be able to use them or have them be feasible in any endgame content like Act 6 exploration or variant completion or exploration or even the upper difficulties of event quests?
  • OnmixOnmix Member Posts: 508 ★★★

coldsnap would have been fine, if they allowed us temporary dev build for this. Its just not worth it to rank up 4*s. Either that, or allow 5*s. I have a 5* R3 medusa. Equivalent to a 5/50. Would love to use her.

This I can partially agree with.
    I believe last year they gave you an account with all 4* maxed or something like that?
    If they gave us that chance that would be awesome.

And I say partially because you don’t NEED a R5. It is doable with R4.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Member Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Maybe someone has said this already, but it's a lot bickering to wade through just to find out, so I'll risk a redundant post.

My biggest issue with the Show Up difficulty is the choice to limit this to 4* champs. This would be vastly more enjoyable if we were able to use exclusively 3* champs. Scale the health/attack down so the challenge still feels the same relative to the fight's current state, but 3* champs are far more accessible than 4* champs and don't require nearly as many 2020-relevant resources to rank up.

As-is, I have finished all content in the game but only have 10 or so 5/50 4* champs...only 2 of which are viable for this Silver Surfer matchup. Conversely, I have 150+ 3* champs at 4/40.

The challenge is restrictive, requiring a champ who can either deal with Cold Snap or one who can inflict armor break easily. If it's that restrictive, giving summoners a wider pool to draw from would make the challenge much more accessible, which I thought was the point of "Show Up" difficulty.

I equate the Show Up difficulty to the Qualifier round at the live events at NYCC. In these events, players have access to every champ at the same rank, rarity, and sig level and the only goal is to defeat the enemy. Once you finish the qualifier, then you get to go to the next stage (in this analogy, the Show Down difficulty) where in order to be competitive, there is likely a single champ you'll need to use in order to be victorious.

This Show Up difficulty just feels far too restrictive. I got it done. I'll keep trying for the solo with my more unconventional options. I just feel for those who were looking forward to this event and are disappointed due to the restrictive nature of the event, so I wanted to share my feedback.