Show Up Difficulty Feedback [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,512 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom dude i use to think people bashed on you constently an felt like it was way over the top . but this is t the time to be pro kabam you literly are agruing against the truth . no wonder ppl are always on your case ... dude!

I have no idea what you're reading, but I've commented on techniques to take him down. Aside from the mistake I made about two different Quests. Even that has a point because if this was the Tournament, people would still have to compete the same hard challenge.
    I said the strategy Miike suggested works. You can Heavy Medusa with the Synergy because I tested it. I said Pyramid X is another option because of Ice Tempest. I said Curler was right because Colossus was a good option with the OR/Jugs Synergy. Those are all things I tested myself.
    I haven't commented on much else. It's one Fight per Chapter. Is it hard? Sure. It's supposed to be. It's a taste of the Tourney.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,512 ★★★★★
    If people are fighting to get them to tone it down or something, I'm not arguing for or against that. So I'm not pro anything. I'm just looking at things that work. Colossus R5 L2 with that Synergy takes down the most Health I've seen thus far.
  • OnmixOnmix Member Posts: 508 ★★★

Onmix said:

I don’t get what all the issue is.

If you like the fight, then play it and get the 3k shards. I soloed with a R4 Colossus.
    Got to half health with Medusa.

If you don’t like the fight, don’t do it.

If you think the rewards are very low (which I kinda agree), don’t do it.

It’s not a Variant or a new Act. It’s just 1 fight. Just don’t do it. You’re not really missing out on anything.

Personally, it was a fun fight for me. Took me A LOT of tries. But it’s completely free. Just went in again and again and again until I got it.

I agree, ur not missing anything, but when Kabam announced that the showdown would be available to ALL summoners, everyone was like: "oh so it must be a very inclusive event, a decent challenge (obviously), CAn'T WAIt To TrY ThIS OUt. The rewards ain't half bad it looks like." *sees SS's health* "Ya, imma head out."
    I agree with you and truly I get your point. But it’s just one fight. One.
    You won’t be missing out on good rewards, a title, a trophy champ, anything. It’s not this month’s side event, it’s not even a boss rush (which is a very small piece of content).

I never expected it to be as hard as it was either. And yeah. Maybe they should have toned it down. But I considered the fight a great challenge for myself and kept trying. It literally took me way more than 20 times to find the right synergy team to be able to solo with a R4 and I wouldn’t have ever, EVER, R5 Colossus for the fight. So if I couldn’t do it with the R4 I just wouldn’t have done it period.
    It would’ve made me sad that I couldn’t complete it but not as angry as some others are here.
  • OnmixOnmix Member Posts: 508 ★★★

Onmix said:

If you like the fight, then play it and get the 3k shards. I soloed with a R4 Colossus.

It’s not a Variant or a new Act. It’s just 1 fight. Just don’t do it. You’re not really missing out on anything.

Personally, it was a fun fight for me. Took me A LOT of tries. But it’s completely free. Just went in again and again and again until I got it.

agree with this. disappointing for me, but not everything released is for everyone. a lot of people didn't like this, but many did and that's great. I feel like they did exaggerate the event a tiny bit but not a big deal
    Exactly. And if it was a more consequential event like the month’s side event or part of the boss rushes I wouldn’t totally agree with everyone here and be as angry as them.

But really, this time, is just a little gift for some who want and like the grind to solo a boss.
    It’s definitely not worth any revives or rank up resources.
    If this seems fun do it, if not, don’t. You won’t miss out on anything of importance.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Member Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

So I re-read the event description as I was wondering how my expectations and reality were so far apart...

In retrospect, what got me was the use of "EPIC". I immediately processed that as in line with typical Epic event difficulty and rewards. Seeing here where it says the difficulty is the same, but then referencing we can bring 5 total champs added to it. Kabam was very specific in the big boy pants level challenge to state the 4* restriction.
    They didn't mention any restrictions at all for the junior version. My assumption was I'd be trying with my max roster. That coupled with the invitation to all... and here we are at DEFCON 4.

I think I'm not the only one who read it that way based on the current overall reaction.

I'll give it a few more goes. I don't mind trying and failing a bit. But considering my last two 5*s were Jugs and a double dupe of Ronan... for me, the rewards don't justify the use of boosts or revives.

I tip my cap to those that get it done at this level, let alone the big boy pants level...

Mods, don't know if you are still paying attention, but maybe the Kabam PR team needs to consider a little more caution...and maybe a review by a lawyer. :D

Lol, seeing this again made me realize that they screwed up. Badly.

We encourage all our summoners to use the show up difficulty to challenge themselves.

1) Encouragement wise, this does a bad job at doing that.
    2) 'All Summoners'. I can't get over those 2 words. Who all is doing this exactly? I hope this was a spelling error because this is NOT for all summoners. No matter their progression or level? Is that a joke?
    Encourage ALL summoners.

All means all.

Everyone has 4*s

If you make the fight easy, such that anyone can beat it easily, then you dont challenge ALL. They did not say it would be easy for ALL, in fact they stated quite clearly in your own post it would be a challenge to them.
    my alt that hasn't logged on in 3 months disagrees
  • DjinDjin Member Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    When I saw the rewards I thought Show Up Difficulty will be similar to ROL.
    LOL is easier than this because you can take 5* and 6* champs. Doing this is like doing LOL with 4* champs. Not worth the time and effort.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Member Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Onmix said:

Onmix said:

agree with this. disappointing for me, but not everything released is for everyone. a lot of people didn't like this, but many did and that's great. I feel like they did exaggerate the event a tiny bit but not a big deal
    Exactly. And if it was a more consequential event like the month’s side event or part of the boss rushes I wouldn’t totally agree with everyone here and be as angry as them.

But really, this time, is just a little gift for some who want and like the grind to solo a boss.
    It’s definitely not worth any revives or rank up resources.
    If this seems fun do it, if not, don’t. You won’t miss out on anything of importance.
    yeah the rewards are so insignificant it really doesn't matter if you cant do it or don't want to
  • Etm34Etm34 Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I’m not gonna waste 15 minutes fighting this guy for 3k 5* shards. 6* shards maybe, but even then probably not
  • TrueMasterTrueMaster Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2020
    Onmix said:

Onmix said:

I agree, ur not missing anything, but when Kabam announced that the showdown would be available to ALL summoners, everyone was like: "oh so it must be a very inclusive event, a decent challenge (obviously), CAn'T WAIt To TrY ThIS OUt. The rewards ain't half bad it looks like." *sees SS's health* "Ya, imma head out."
    I agree with you and truly I get your point. But it’s just one fight. One.
    You won’t be missing out on good rewards, a title, a trophy champ, anything. It’s not this month’s side event, it’s not even a boss rush (which is a very small piece of content).

I never expected it to be as hard as it was either. And yeah. Maybe they should have toned it down. But I considered the fight a great challenge for myself and kept trying. It literally took me way more than 20 times to find the right synergy team to be able to solo with a R4 and I wouldn’t have ever, EVER, R5 Colossus for the fight. So if I couldn’t do it with the R4 I just wouldn’t have done it period.
    It would’ve made me sad that I couldn’t complete it but not as angry as some others are here.
    I highly agree with you. However, while YOU may have been able to complete the challenge. I estimate 85% of the other summoners went in and just couldn't do it. Kabam said that everyone could join the tournament, that you could test your skills. Well, how can you test your skills when SS's damage knocks each one of ur champions out in 30 seconds if you're lucky. That sparked the inevitably false belief that it was going to be a challenge of course, but not as hard as it was.
    The way Kabam advertised this built up hype but destroyed it for most of the summoners out there.
  • AztecAztec Member Posts: 293 ★★
    The reward is actually really good. I believe this fight is for endgame players who could do a long fight with some good skills in baiting and dexing the special from SS. without that long fight endurance, you absolutely gonna use items.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,237 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    could have used some 6* shards in there somewhere .. ya know ... for Sparta. :D@Kabam Miike
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Member Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I think all the people who were ineligible to attempt this can now take comfort in the fact that they are the true winners of the showdown.
  • DjinDjin Member Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

So, for the next week bosses, can we make them a little bit harder and challenging?

Like, make Captain Marvel immune to the damage back from mystic champions. And IW IM should have some healing abilities, so that we need to outdamage it.

Just some ideas. Don't make them as easier as this silver surfer was

Also increase the rewards.
  • QfuryQfury Member Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Would rather sit on a pitchfork than waste my time doing this for 3k 5* shards. Whoever put this together needs the sack
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Member Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

King09712 said:

bitter disappointment again, sadly was excited to try the basic one then saw you fed the whales again forgetting the normal players. That is not worth 3,000 shards not when people have to rank up etc champions that will sit on the side line again afterwards. Again Rich get richer while normal every day players seem to scraps. You need to find balance between Beginner > Intermediate > UC > Cav and balance content to match it with adaquite prizes to do that content.

I am not saying the rewards have to be amazing for lower tier, but should also toss us a bone every once in awhile.

Bones: Bosh rush x6

it seems "every once in a while" means every time there is some content.
    What? Your comments are ridiculous. You're becoming the next GW. Time to switch to desktop mode to add another to the ignore list.
    WHAT!? 😱 I didn't know this was a thing on desktop!
    My forum experience is about to become 1000x more enjoyable. Thank you sir! 🍻
    Lol no prob. I felt the same when I found this out!
    I purposely don't use it so I can still read those people's stuff and then laugh at them in my head. I lose some sanity but it's worth it for me
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Member Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★

My problem is Dr. Doom has made me a lazy fighter. I rely on my R5 5star Doom so much that whenever he is taken off the table, I’m screwed.

I never go anywhere without my beardo
  • ClatoniusClatonius Member Posts: 218 ★★
    The direction I didnt want.Quantity over quality
  • GOTGGOTG Member Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Showdown is pretty hard for me but show up is easy. Did it with team of Medusa, Thor, Collosus and Venom.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Member Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    this event is a swing and a hit, and it's a home run until it actually came out. thats when you realized the home run ball hit some dude on the head and hospitalized him.

it's funny how it would probably take me longer to do th one fight than to read all these comments.
  • GOTGGOTG Member Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Medusa and Collosus are MVP no doubt. I can take him down to 30% with one Medusa run. She is built for this fight, one sp1 then the rest is sp3.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Kabam has done a great job lately, and I’ve said so, for the most part. Here’s why this content (edit: is a failure in its design): they could have made it exactly as difficult yet FAR more accessible/desirable by using 3-stars and reducing the HP to 550k. (As a quick sample, I checked my maxed 3-star and 4-star Blades. The 4-star has 2.5x more attack and hp).

I’m not going to spent 8 basics and a pile of iso ranking Colossus for 3,000 shards that’ll inevitably turn into a Sentry dupe. If you had made it a 3-star quest, you remove a barrier to entry and actually entice people to play.