**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Show Up Difficulty Feedback [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Bruhツ said:

Is this a bug? Plus the annoying nodes AND 1.4 million health AND we can only bring 4 star champions?! What is going on? For only 3k 5* shards?/

Exactly and why does he have 1.4 m health i thought the show up difficult was going to be easy
    they never said it would be easy, they only said it would be the same fight but you would be able to take in a full team and use boosts.
    but the rewards aren’t worth it
    the rewards are better than fighting LOL.
    ...what are you on?
    facts. At the best rewards for the effort you get about 1176 shards 2647 t2a shards and 5294 of each class t4cc per fight, the only thing hard to quantity per fight is the class AG. In addition LOL is way more of a pain in the butt. It gets way worse when you go for 100%.
    as opposed to 3000 five star shards and some gold?
    And 100% percent gives a guaranteed five star that isn’t that bad, and a bunch of other crystals.

Better than a featured and gold.
    100% is well over 100 fights, your reward per kill and annoyance is so much worse than this one fight then.
    Bro I'd rather jump into LOL with groot than do this. 500k gold is amazing, but I would still have to spend forever doing it with hype or spend 400k gold on my r1 medusa. 3k 5-Star shards is also great, but it's not worth it at all.

Imagine if you were a game developer. Would you really approve of this? Is this really content that the majority of the player base that isn't doing showdown will enjoy? I hope you don't think so. This is a joke. This is only the first boss as well. I can't imagine what they did with IMIW.

This is a swing and a miss imo.
    none one stated this was supposed to be content the majority of the playerbase would want, and I have some game design experience in college. This was never stated to be something everyone could do. That is the first mistake yall keep making. Expecting all content to be available to everyone.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Done. No revives used. Medusa did 75%. Not worth the rewards at all.
    This fight isn’t even that difficult. It’s just frustrating. When he clips you with his second part of his second medium and you get KOed it’s frustrating. When he turtles up and launches his unblockable SP2 at you in your corner, it’s frustrating

When you’re in a fight for 15 minutes, it’s just boring. Actually boring.

I haven’t disliked something this much in this game since No Retreat champion. I’m not joking. Abyss collector I at least knew he was BS.

This...this is worse than any Act 6 boss. Seriously, give me any of them and my full roster, I’ll beat it easier and have a much more enjoyable time doing it.

Good luck to anyone doing it. I’ll be checking myself into a psych ward to tonight.

watch agents of shield instead, it cures all wounds
    I’m on Season 5 now🙂
    What’d you think about season 4? Best stuff ever right?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Is this really content that the majority of the player base that isn't doing showdown will enjoy?

It wasn't intended to be. Neither was Labyrinth of Legends, and neither was Realm of Legends when it was released. And neither was the Maze, and neither will be Cavalier difficulty for that matter.

Some content is intended for the majority of all players. Some isn't. This isn't. And if I was a game producer, I would expect to be making content across a range of difficulties. Stuff like this, very high challenge content with skippable rewards, is explicitly something I would want my team to be making, and in fact at a slightly higher frequency than Kabam does.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

Done. No revives used. Medusa did 75%. Not worth the rewards at all.
    This fight isn’t even that difficult. It’s just frustrating. When he clips you with his second part of his second medium and you get KOed it’s frustrating. When he turtles up and launches his unblockable SP2 at you in your corner, it’s frustrating

When you’re in a fight for 15 minutes, it’s just boring. Actually boring.

I haven’t disliked something this much in this game since No Retreat champion. I’m not joking. Abyss collector I at least knew he was BS.

This...this is worse than any Act 6 boss. Seriously, give me any of them and my full roster, I’ll beat it easier and have a much more enjoyable time doing it.

Good luck to anyone doing it. I’ll be checking myself into a psych ward to tonight.

watch agents of shield instead, it cures all wounds
    I’m on Season 5 now🙂
    What’d you think about season 4? Best stuff ever right?
    It’s probably my second favourite season. I think season 1 gripped me more. All of them have been excellent, but none other than 1 has had me actually wanting to watch it regardless of whether I have arena to do or not.

(I only watch stuff when I run arena)

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Bruhツ said:

Is this a bug? Plus the annoying nodes AND 1.4 million health AND we can only bring 4 star champions?! What is going on? For only 3k 5* shards?/

Exactly and why does he have 1.4 m health i thought the show up difficult was going to be easy
    they never said it would be easy, they only said it would be the same fight but you would be able to take in a full team and use boosts.
    but the rewards aren’t worth it
    the rewards are better than fighting LOL.
    ...what are you on?
    facts. At the best rewards for the effort you get about 1176 shards 2647 t2a shards and 5294 of each class t4cc per fight, the only thing hard to quantity per fight is the class AG. In addition LOL is way more of a pain in the butt. It gets way worse when you go for 100%.
    as opposed to 3000 five star shards and some gold?
    And 100% percent gives a guaranteed five star that isn’t that bad, and a bunch of other crystals.

Better than a featured and gold.
    100% is well over 100 fights, your reward per kill and annoyance is so much worse than this one fight then.
    Bro I'd rather jump into LOL with groot than do this. 500k gold is amazing, but I would still have to spend forever doing it with hype or spend 400k gold on my r1 medusa. 3k 5-Star shards is also great, but it's not worth it at all.

Imagine if you were a game developer. Would you really approve of this? Is this really content that the majority of the player base that isn't doing showdown will enjoy? I hope you don't think so. This is a joke. This is only the first boss as well. I can't imagine what they did with IMIW.

This is a swing and a miss imo.
    none one stated this was supposed to be content the majority of the playerbase would want, and I have some game design experience in college. This was never stated to be something everyone could do. That is the first mistake yall keep making. Expecting all content to be available to everyone.
    Honestly, I think it should've been for the majority of the player base. I understand what they were thinking, but this isn't good. I know that no-one HAS to do it, but it just feels like a let down. Spending half an hour slogging away at a fight is not fun. It's challenging for sure, but boring.
    What you find boring, other players, such as myself enjoy, I enjoy looking at a challenge and trying to find ways to beat it. Content should not just be made for people who want easy fights and to gobble up content, that is what destroys games, because the base just ends up jumping from game to game.
  • JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    So my alliance member made a video of medusa vs silver surfer. Must watch this almost solo only if he had used will power or attack boost. He have YouTube channel. So he shared it with me, so I just couldn't stopped myself to share this.
    https://youtu.be/8x0_qc4Rlek
  • DenRodDenRod Posts: 43
    This fight is super fun. Took me I think 4 or 5 tries but finally got the one shot with Sparkles.

Enjoying coming up with new possibilities for it. My Doom is only r2, but I'd like to see if he can do it with the Mr. Fantastic synergy.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    if you have one of the counters, it's really not that hard for any reasonably skilled player. just boring
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I went in with my 4 star doom and after 29 hits i was dead due to the coldsnap. I am not spending countless revives and units just for 3k 5* shards LOL. it is only 1.4 mill HP Surfer :smiley:

Kabam is not here to give you free rewards, and i don't expect that either. But so much hype for nothing. I think Kabam missed the mark, but hey i'm not here to judge them how to run their company. Thanks Kabam I will be skipping this whale event and call it a day.

I went in with my 4 star doom and after 29 hits i was dead due to the coldsnap. I am not spending countless revives and units just for 3k 5* shards LOL. it is only 1.4 mill HP Surfer :smiley:

Kabam is not here to give you free rewards, and i don't expect that either. But so much hype for nothing. I think Kabam missed the mark, but hey i'm not here to judge them how to run their company. Thanks Kabam I will be skipping this whale event and call it a day.

all because you expected to beat it with doom....
  • njandynjandy Posts: 238
    i have medusa to use as a counter and will get thru with some practice but the idea of this being a “tournament and a test of skill” is a joke. when entering this event every should be given access to the champions required to get thru it. leaving variables down to the speed and skill of the player. there’s nothing competitive about being lucky enough to have the right counter and enough recourses stocked up to max rank them. boosts, potions, revives or anything that costs money should be locked out. you should never be able to buy your way thru a tournament of any kind.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    This event is reserved to cavalier summoner... summoners that have mainly Stopped ranking up 4 stars to maximize their 5-6 stars roster to do the act 6 !

And now Kabam propose us to spend gold, iso and catalysts to rank up those 4 stars they force us to put aside for... 3000 5 stars shards 🤔

3 Heralds of Galactus and i get better ressources without spending mine and all the frustration around that damned silver surfer !
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

So I re-read the event description as I was wondering how my expectations and reality were so far apart...

In retrospect, what got me was the use of "EPIC". I immediately processed that as in line with typical Epic event difficulty and rewards. Seeing here where it says the difficulty is the same, but then referencing we can bring 5 total champs added to it. Kabam was very specific in the big boy pants level challenge to state the 4* restriction.
    They didn't mention any restrictions at all for the junior version. My assumption was I'd be trying with my max roster. That coupled with the invitation to all... and here we are at DEFCON 4.

I think I'm not the only one who read it that way based on the current overall reaction.

I'll give it a few more goes. I don't mind trying and failing a bit. But considering my last two 5*s were Jugs and a double dupe of Ronan... for me, the rewards don't justify the use of boosts or revives.

I tip my cap to those that get it done at this level, let alone the big boy pants level...

Mods, don't know if you are still paying attention, but maybe the Kabam PR team needs to consider a little more caution...and maybe a review by a lawyer. :D

Lol, seeing this again made me realize that they screwed up. Badly.

We encourage all our summoners to use the show up difficulty to challenge themselves.

1) Encouragement wise, this does a bad job at doing that.
    2) 'All Summoners'. I can't get over those 2 words. Who all is doing this exactly? I hope this was a spelling error because this is NOT for all summoners. No matter their progression or level? Is that a joke?
    Kabam humor!
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

So I re-read the event description as I was wondering how my expectations and reality were so far apart...

In retrospect, what got me was the use of "EPIC". I immediately processed that as in line with typical Epic event difficulty and rewards. Seeing here where it says the difficulty is the same, but then referencing we can bring 5 total champs added to it. Kabam was very specific in the big boy pants level challenge to state the 4* restriction.
    They didn't mention any restrictions at all for the junior version. My assumption was I'd be trying with my max roster. That coupled with the invitation to all... and here we are at DEFCON 4.

I think I'm not the only one who read it that way based on the current overall reaction.

I'll give it a few more goes. I don't mind trying and failing a bit. But considering my last two 5*s were Jugs and a double dupe of Ronan... for me, the rewards don't justify the use of boosts or revives.

I tip my cap to those that get it done at this level, let alone the big boy pants level...

Mods, don't know if you are still paying attention, but maybe the Kabam PR team needs to consider a little more caution...and maybe a review by a lawyer. :D

Lol, seeing this again made me realize that they screwed up. Badly.

We encourage all our summoners to use the show up difficulty to challenge themselves.

1) Encouragement wise, this does a bad job at doing that.
    2) 'All Summoners'. I can't get over those 2 words. Who all is doing this exactly? I hope this was a spelling error because this is NOT for all summoners. No matter their progression or level? Is that a joke?
    Encourage ALL summoners.

All means all.

Everyone has 4*s

If you make the fight easy, such that anyone can beat it easily, then you dont challenge ALL. They did not say it would be easy for ALL, in fact they stated quite clearly in your own post it would be a challenge to them.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Yea I am average taking his health down 5% each fight. I think I will do something else now. I need that gold, but, I have been farming revives and health for another reason so I just can’t use them all here, plus even some units on top of all my stash.