**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Show Up Difficulty Feedback [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

So I re-read the event description as I was wondering how my expectations and reality were so far apart...

In retrospect, what got me was the use of "EPIC". I immediately processed that as in line with typical Epic event difficulty and rewards. Seeing here where it says the difficulty is the same, but then referencing we can bring 5 total champs added to it. Kabam was very specific in the big boy pants level challenge to state the 4* restriction.
    They didn't mention any restrictions at all for the junior version. My assumption was I'd be trying with my max roster. That coupled with the invitation to all... and here we are at DEFCON 4.

I think I'm not the only one who read it that way based on the current overall reaction.

I'll give it a few more goes. I don't mind trying and failing a bit. But considering my last two 5*s were Jugs and a double dupe of Ronan... for me, the rewards don't justify the use of boosts or revives.

I tip my cap to those that get it done at this level, let alone the big boy pants level...

Mods, don't know if you are still paying attention, but maybe the Kabam PR team needs to consider a little more caution...and maybe a review by a lawyer. :D

Lol, seeing this again made me realize that they screwed up. Badly.

We encourage all our summoners to use the show up difficulty to challenge themselves.

1) Encouragement wise, this does a bad job at doing that.
    2) 'All Summoners'. I can't get over those 2 words. Who all is doing this exactly? I hope this was a spelling error because this is NOT for all summoners. No matter their progression or level? Is that a joke?
    Encourage ALL summoners.

All means all.

Everyone has 4*s

If you make the fight easy, such that anyone can beat it easily, then you dont challenge ALL. They did not say it would be easy for ALL, in fact they stated quite clearly in your own post it would be a challenge to them.
    Everyone has 4-Stars?! Bro, which mid to lower level player is going to be doing this? Also, if you don't have a counter, you just die to coldsnap!

How can you say 'everyone has 4-Stars' and 'they did not say it would be easy for all' in the same sentence? They explicitly said they encourage EVERYONE to try this. If that was the goal, then they failed. Bottom line. Please don't act like they met their goal.
    don’t even try with this guy
  • JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    edited August 2020

if you have one of the counters, it's really not that hard for any reasonably skilled player. just boring

Good luck with that and try by yourself. Easy to say best is to try. Ilacskills also just soloed him with Medusa.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

So I re-read the event description as I was wondering how my expectations and reality were so far apart...

In retrospect, what got me was the use of "EPIC". I immediately processed that as in line with typical Epic event difficulty and rewards. Seeing here where it says the difficulty is the same, but then referencing we can bring 5 total champs added to it. Kabam was very specific in the big boy pants level challenge to state the 4* restriction.
    They didn't mention any restrictions at all for the junior version. My assumption was I'd be trying with my max roster. That coupled with the invitation to all... and here we are at DEFCON 4.

I think I'm not the only one who read it that way based on the current overall reaction.

I'll give it a few more goes. I don't mind trying and failing a bit. But considering my last two 5*s were Jugs and a double dupe of Ronan... for me, the rewards don't justify the use of boosts or revives.

I tip my cap to those that get it done at this level, let alone the big boy pants level...

Mods, don't know if you are still paying attention, but maybe the Kabam PR team needs to consider a little more caution...and maybe a review by a lawyer. :D

We encourage all our summoners to use the show up difficulty to challenge themselves.

2) 'All Summoners'. I can't get over those 2 words. Who all is doing this exactly? I hope this was a spelling error because this is NOT for all summoners. No matter their progression or level? Is that a joke?
    Encourage ALL summoners.

All means all.

Everyone has 4*s

If you make the fight easy, such that anyone can beat it easily, then you dont challenge ALL. They did not say it would be easy for ALL, in fact they stated quite clearly in your own post it would be a challenge to them.
    Everyone has 4-Stars?! Bro, which mid to lower level player is going to be doing this? Also, if you don't have a counter, you just die to coldsnap!

How can you say 'everyone has 4-Stars' and 'they did not say it would be easy for all' in the same sentence? They explicitly said they encourage EVERYONE to try this. If that was the goal, then they failed. Bottom line. Please don't act like they met their goal.
    Everyone has 4*s, this is a fact. That is what allows everyone access. That is a completely different sentence, as you can tell by the 2 line breaks. They also did not say that the fight would be easy for anyone.. Again a separate sentence...

There is a difference between TRY and SUCCEED. Its like you are not even reading what you are typing.
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    This was super easy. I used bwcv, imiw, fury, ghost rider and ahhnilus and was going to try a few things.

I did a death touch combo and 1 shot it. Just death touch asap and keep doing death touch after. 95 or so death touches beat it.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Encourage ALL summoners.

All means all.

Everyone has 4*s

Everyone has 4*s, this is a fact. That is what allows everyone access. That is a completely different sentence, as you can tell by the 2 line breaks. They also did not say that the fight would be easy for anyone.. Again a separate sentence...

There is a difference between TRY and SUCCEED. Its like you are not even reading what you are typing.
    Why design it for lower level players if you know their going to fail. What kind of person does that?
    Where does it say it was designed for lower level players? They never stated that, in fact they explicitly stated it would be challenging for EVERYONE, meaning even high end players. You keep making assumptions that are faulty.
  • JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    edited August 2020

If you don't have the roster or skills to do it, then it's not for you

if anyone has the roster or skills, 3k 5* shards is a drop in a bucket. it's 8 5k iso bricks</blockquoDo you have skills? Like Kabam Mike said this is not some side quest this is a practice node for those who are participating in showdown. Yeah I know it's hard. I 100% agree. But what we can do know. It is what it is, and it's not made for everyone, even ibhad to rank up my medusa and 4* still have prestige I mean. It's rank up event rank up Medusa.

Again I am saying yes I agree this is difficult. But we can't do too much now. But if you think for 3K shards it's not worth it then don't do it.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Encourage ALL summoners.

All means all.

Everyone has 4*s

Why design it for lower level players if you know their going to fail. What kind of person does that?
    Where does it say it was designed for lower level players? They never stated that, in fact they explicitly stated it would be challenging for EVERYONE, meaning even high end players. You keep making assumptions that are faulty.
    What? If it's designed for ALL players who do you think is that includes? Your mindset is faulty.
    It never stated it was designed for all players... again, never states that. It states they hope everyone would challenge themselves with it. If you have one fight, which we knew it would be, and you design it to challenge everyone, which we knew it would be, then we knew it would be challenging for the top end players, meaning it would be really hard for the lower end players. It is just common sense. You are making up things to support your argument which were never stated.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Huh? Use your common sense big guy. You don't have to defend Kabam about literally everything. This is not about having the skills or roster, it's about common sense. What kind of common sense goes into making a 1.4 million health Silver Surfer with insanely niche nodes (need a consistent armor breaker or coldsnap immune) AND you can only use 4 star champions. 4 STAR CHAMPIONS. The last time I've upgraded a 4 star champion was a long, long time ago. And all of this for 3k 5 star shards?! Pathetic.
    It's optional. You don't have to do it. They made a challenging quest to make us think outside the box. It's free to try and you can attempt it as much as you want. I tried it and after a couple attempts, for sure not going to waste my time on it. They said all along that this was supposed to be a very hard challenge.
    Think outside the box? In what way? Literally the only requirement for this fight is skill and a cold snap immune champ. Colossus is going to own the leaderboard since he’s the hardest hitting coldsnap immune champ.
    Coldsnap immune is not the only way to go. There's a much larger group of Champions that have access to Armor Break, and that ability does not activate when Armor Broken. I am definitely not the most skilled player here, but I found the most success with Medusa using the Karnak synergy. One heavy attack and that ability is finished for the whole fight.
    You’re spreading lies now Miike. I tried three times with medusa only to get coldsnap everytime off the first hits. Pictures as proof...

Yup still not worth it lmao...fail of a company to promote an event just to lead to disappointment. Oh well easy pass, complete everything else but I’ll leave this garbage.

Should have kept the event just for youtubers, since that’s the only people trying in the competition part.
    Actually, I just tested it. He was right. Get a Heavy off first, and no Coldsnap. Another option is Pyramid X with Ice Tempest Pre-Fight.
    I tried 3 times, parry-heavy and got 1-2 coldsnap before the armor break was applied 🤷‍♂️. He’s lying about how it was instantly perfect. It’s not.
    Don't Parry. Dex and Heavy when you have a window.
    You should become a comedian because that was funny.
    Not funny at all. I literally just did it. Wait until he's far enough away so you can charge and land a Heavy. Then the Fight is free from Coldsnap. Bait his L2 for safety, and keep hammering away. Then it's not that BS at all, just long.

I’m sorry I really am, and I’m not meaning to be inflammatory here at all - but you’re really telling us that you got through this with that little struggle? I’m suddenly questioning a heck of a lot that you have posted in the past on here. You weren’t even uncollected until recently, and you’ve made multiple posts when they have monthly content on “epic difficulty” that you couldn’t get through.

You said the sinister labs was too difficult...but magically you were able to make it through this with a four star without taking chip damage (meaning you’re intercepting perfectly) and not using a bunch of items to get through it? How is this possible with the struggles you yourself have admitted you’ve had on content that’s verifiably much easier than this?

I tested Miike's strategy and other Champs because I was on the road. I haven't sat down to finish the Fight because I'm in the middle of making supper.
    I didn't say they were "too difficult". Not specifically. I had a point about relative consistency with Epic. I could have done the Labs at the time I posted that. I found it to be too much stress for what it was.
    Lol so you haven’t finished it?

Ok. I just find it incredibly strange that you have complained about difficulty changes from month to month on far easier content, but suddenly breeze through at least what you’ve done so far on this. Even Seatin struggled with this and used items getting him down.

Medusa works if you play perfectly and don’t take any damage from the challenger rating, and manage to not get hit at all. And it takes forever still, for tiny rewards. So it’s hard to believe your endorsement of this difficulty when I’ve seen you struggle with much easier in the past, and when there’s a slew of strong players on here and other forums saying it’s extremely difficult without using items that aren’t worth blowing.

Kudos if you do make it through but it’s going to be hard to believe your comments in the future if something else comes out you complain about on here when you’re clearly much better than you’re letting on.
    I tested some options before I actually sit down to go through. Since when is that a bad thing? I can see what argument you're trying to make, and I'm not interested in going off-topic on a personal basis.
    It’s not off topic when we’re discussing the difficulty level and you’re arguing that it’s not that high, when your previous comments on far less difficult content would indicate you should be struggling like the rest of the majority here.

So far we have you, 2-3 other usual suspects in here defending this and two people in discord saying because 2 videos on YouTube can solo it, that means everyone can get through it. Questioning the validity of difficulty claims from someone who refuses to verify their claims is absolutely on topic.
    Actually, you indicated you were not trying to be confrontational, and proceeded to imply there was no validity to what I was saying based on an incomplete opinion from another discussion. Had you not tried to argue with me on a personal basis before, that may have some hold. I haven't been around here as long as I have without noticing when someone is just coming for me, at least most of the time.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Crumb3307 said:

Jaded said:

Huh? Use your common sense big guy. You don't have to defend Kabam about literally everything. This is not about having the skills or roster, it's about common sense. What kind of common sense goes into making a 1.4 million health Silver Surfer with insanely niche nodes (need a consistent armor breaker or coldsnap immune) AND you can only use 4 star champions. 4 STAR CHAMPIONS. The last time I've upgraded a 4 star champion was a long, long time ago. And all of this for 3k 5 star shards?! Pathetic.
    It's optional. You don't have to do it. They made a challenging quest to make us think outside the box. It's free to try and you can attempt it as much as you want. I tried it and after a couple attempts, for sure not going to waste my time on it. They said all along that this was supposed to be a very hard challenge.
    Think outside the box? In what way? Literally the only requirement for this fight is skill and a cold snap immune champ. Colossus is going to own the leaderboard since he’s the hardest hitting coldsnap immune champ.
    Coldsnap immune is not the only way to go. There's a much larger group of Champions that have access to Armor Break, and that ability does not activate when Armor Broken. I am definitely not the most skilled player here, but I found the most success with Medusa using the Karnak synergy. One heavy attack and that ability is finished for the whole fight.
    You’re spreading lies now Miike. I tried three times with medusa only to get coldsnap everytime off the first hits. Pictures as proof...

Yup still not worth it lmao...fail of a company to promote an event just to lead to disappointment. Oh well easy pass, complete everything else but I’ll leave this garbage.

Should have kept the event just for youtubers, since that’s the only people trying in the competition part.
    Actually, I just tested it. He was right. Get a Heavy off first, and no Coldsnap. Another option is Pyramid X with Ice Tempest Pre-Fight.
    I did it and got cold snap on the first heavy. It’s probably a 50/50 chance you’ll get it on that initial hit.
    The Fight I tested, I didn't. In any case, it's 0 Energy, so it's entirely possible to keep starting over until we get an ideal flow.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    So for those of who can not participate in the Showdown difficulty we have the Show Up Difficulty and to attain the rewards we actually have to beat the boss or just participate? Below is what is written, but wanting to understand it rightly.

I've already tried it 3 times and only been able to get about 3-4% off of Silver Surfer.

Thank you in advance!

Respectfully,

BowTieJohn

SHOW UP DIFFICULTY

Participate for EPIC rewards! Show Up and fight the Bosses for fun!

If you’re not ready for the Showdown, feel free to try the Show Up Difficulty, which is open to all our Summoners, no matter their progression or level! This difficulty is just like the Showdown Difficulty with some key differences.

You will be able to bring in a team of five Champions with the ability to use boosts and consumables. Scores completed in this difficulty will not be entered into the leaderboard and/or the official Summoner Showdown Tournament. We encourage all our Summoners to use the Show Up Difficulty to challenge themselves, and rake in some EPIC quest completion rewards.

SHOW UP DIFFICULTY REWARDS

Week 1 (Defeat Silver Surfer): 500,000 Gold & 3000 5-Star Crystal Shards

Week 2 (Defeat Captain Marvel): 500,000 Gold & 3000 5-Star Crystal Shards

Week 3 (Defeat Iron Man (Infinity War)): 500,000 Gold & 3000 5-Star Crystal Shards

Act Completion (Defeat all of the Bosses): 500,000 Gold & 6000 5-Star Crystal Shards
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

Hey all,

This is correct. This is a participation event for that want to be a part of the Summoner Showdown, but don't feel comfortable competing in the Showdown qualifiers. It's a taste of what our Competitors are facing and is not meant to be easy.

It is still meant to be a challenge and a test of skill.

A taste? No it is excacrly what the competitors are facing!
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Anyone try mephisto? Just grasping at a straw on that one.
  • ExWeaponExWeapon Posts: 27
    edited August 2020
    Just timed out with 9% left.

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

Actually a good call. His damage is meh. But if you can get him to sp2 and fire an sp3 you get a permanent aura making tour damage decent. He has some synergies that increase his aura damage too.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Hey all,

This is correct. This is a participation event for that want to be a part of the Summoner Showdown, but don't feel comfortable competing in the Showdown qualifiers. It's a taste of what our Competitors are facing and is not meant to be easy.

It is still meant to be a challenge and a test of skill.

Does that mean we get the rewards for participating or do we have to beat the champion (Silver Surfer)?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★

4+ mins with Ghost.

https://youtu.be/2oeGAb7Vf5Y

Kudos! You made that fight look like supremely light work.
    edited August 2020
    Yea I suck lol. I got the champs needed too.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Encourage ALL summoners.

All means all.

Everyone has 4*s

What? If it's designed for ALL players who do you think is that includes? Your mindset is faulty.
    It never stated it was designed for all players... again, never states that. It states they hope everyone would challenge themselves with it. If you have one fight, which we knew it would be, and you design it to challenge everyone, which we knew it would be, then we knew it would be challenging for the top end players, meaning it would be really hard for the lower end players. It is just common sense. You are making up things to support your argument which were never stated.
    If they are encouraging all players, then it should be for all players. That's like encouraging all players to do ROL. Noobs would get crapped on. Also,

encourage all players to challenge themselves. All players have access to it, it is designed to be done with champs everyone has. It never states it would be easy to do, no where, ever. And no just because someone has access to something in no way means they should be able to beat it. Again it does not say what you think it says.
    edited August 2020
    Pulyaman said:

Actually a good call. His damage is meh. But if you can get him to sp2 and fire an sp3 you get a permanent aura making tour damage decent. He has some synergies that increase his aura damage too.
    I might give it a go. I have a 4-5 mystic rank up gem. I also have mystic dispersion.

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Can you maybe provide a video of this? I’m trying to do this and my armor breaks after doing a heavy aren’t permanent like the synergy says. It looks permanent after the first one when I do a heavy, and then the second I do another armor break they start to fall off/time out. I haven’t been able to recreate this with 4 tries now.

Or maybe someone else can enlighten me if I’m doing it wrong?
    May be you are inflicting 6 armor breaks and it gets converted into armor shatter. I think the synergy says you can inflict max 4 permanent armor breaks. If you get to six, they get converted and armor shatter is not permanent.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    ExWeapon said:

Thecurler said:

Posted the pause so you can see the hit count and it's legit. I'm far from the best player at this game, if I can solo it it isn't ridiculously difficult.

lol. There's zero chance you took off 1.4M health in 150 hits.
    That's from the show up, not show down. With omega and juggs in the team Colossus hits like a truck, parry, heavy, sp2 spam.
    What on earth would I have to gain from posting a bs claim in here.