**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Who to rank 5?

luanamenderluanamender Posts: 229
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
My other R5 are CAIW, BWCV and Warlock and I’m still looking forward to becoming cavalier. I could also wait for the Magneto buff. If possible, explain your vote.

Thanks!

*none of them are awakened

Who to rank 5? 71 votes

Venom
11%
buffajrCiciliatoHiu3bossSteelManGrieferMadnessJessieSXguard77Agent_22 8 votes
Magik
5%
AleorTheKillerSporkAnthinhoPolygon 4 votes
Spider-Man (Stealth Suit)
29%
Lvernon15Logan00MysterioEtjamaCapn_DanteThicco_ModeKyusushuiTehSlayerKeepinItRealDoctor_Strange19SwarmOfRavensChikelSuperiorSymbioteVDMLucasjones98Negative0Deadlygamer98YeetusTheFoetusThebombsquad1Kreusada 21 votes
Domino
16%
PantherusNZsolivagant56TROUBL3DCassymanveertherealDisgruntled_User_123deepblack12Kirito_kunStellanTrubluMateshield456Iryse 12 votes
Human Torch
33%
WolverDominatorRaganatorFreakydAlex13369JBC89BrokenAdvJakearound10or_StrongGamesbond90Marvel2289KDSuperFlash10FDATANKMauledMCOCHazzaDemi_GodJay69Aayush19Mathgeekmanan_44Unassignedtester 24 votes
Hulkbuster
2%
bm3eppsFoxhero007 2 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Human Torch
    Between Torch and Venom for me. Torch is the mystic slayer you need in your life, he’s also excellent for most final bosses if you need to chip them down as long as you can survive a few specials with his prefight.

Venom is your Spiderverse counter, but in terms of 6.1 he gives you an easy fight for Hurtlocker Sentinel in 6.1.6 As he can’t be power drained by tech champs so plagued mind is irrelevant for this fight. There’s also V5 to consider: out of all of the Variants I found it the easiest, admittedly my roster is better since V4, but if you’ve got the right champs it’s very low hanging fruit for a huge amount of rank up material.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    I took my Stealthy to R5 and have zero regrets. Plus it looks like he'd fit in with your other top champs quite nicely.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    he's incredibly fun to play for me and has really good damage and relevant utility
  • luanamenderluanamender Posts: 229

Any awakened, run suicides? need prestige? What content are you focusing on?

None of them are awakened and I don’t run suicides (I’m still saving units to unlock the masteries). I don’t care about prestige, I still need to do my first run through 6.1 (I’m not cavalier yet).
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Honestly you can get Cav right now without an abundance of difficulty. Just remember, once you get over the hump of 6.1.1-2, it’s much easier, with the only REAL problem being CB, but you already have CV and Warlock, so you aren’t lacking in immunities.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    def go for cav. super easy with your roster
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Domino

Took her over magneto no regrets

Honestly you can get Cav right now without an abundance of difficulty. Just remember, once you get over the hump of 6.1.1-2, it’s much easier, with the only REAL problem being CB, but you already have CV and Warlock, so you aren’t lacking in immunities.

My only problem is the No Retreat node, which I’m trying to counter by using Ghost (trust me, I’m a terrible Ghost player and that’s why she’s not even on that list).

def go for cav. super easy with your roster

Trust me, if it wasn’t for the No Retreat node, I would’ve probably gone for it way sooner.
  • centennialcentennial Posts: 77
    Human Torch
    I would honestly wait for the Magneto buff - or do Human Torch if you don’t want to do that

I would honestly wait for the Magneto buff - or do Human Torch if you don’t want to do that

I still don’t have all the rank up materials so I can wait a bit more. Would you choose Magneto over the other options, tho?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    Magik
    I'd take Magik for power control or maybe spidy for damage/unstoppable.
    Also I have r2 ht, and he's a great option, but very niche imo. Even when fighting a mystic/energy champ, you have to block, and you can't regen any health naturally. So I'd rank him later, unless you're going for aol exploration
    If you didn't complete latest variant, can go with venom. Completion gives r5 gem. But again, you can go with stealth spidy for it. Venom is also good for XL variant
  • VDMVDM Posts: 11
    Stealth is epic for 90% of fights. Get up a fury and a crit and you’ll see 5k plus every hit, 15k sp1 and 30k sp2
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Human Torch
    Human Torch or Magneto
    Aayush19 said:

Why aren't you cavalier yet? You're missing rewards

I know, mate, I know. But the No Retreat node is kicking my ass.

Aayush19 said:

Why aren't you cavalier yet? You're missing rewards

I know, mate, I know. But the No Retreat node is kicking my ass.
    Yeah, it's super annoying. Keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it. Just remember that a Special to the block is worth it over the degen. Attack values still aren't too high in 6.1.
  • Hiu3bossHiu3boss Posts: 40
    Venom
    Venom is my most recent r5 and he slays everything. Best counter for imiw and visions (not aarkus)
    Hiu3boss said:

Venom is my most recent r5 and he slays everything. Best counter for imiw and visions (not aarkus)

With the Sp1 nullify, I don't imagine he'd be awful for Aarkus.
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    Venom

My only problem is the No Retreat node, which I’m trying to counter by using Ghost (trust me, I’m a terrible Ghost player and that’s why she’s not even on that list).
    Cap can tank a lot of damage with his block proficiency and Claire can heal. Try some fights on what path you will do, block more and take the no retreat damage if needed
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 837 ★★★
    Human Torch
    HT is incredible. Damage and utility, melts mystics, great regen reversal and pre fight ability is great for bosses and tough fights. He’s an incredible champ.

He does lose a bit if u run suicides because when bleeding, his incinerates get reduced duration. However the damage increase is nice.

venom is great against spider verse (evade counter) and his buffs make him good for buffed up and Havok. Bleeds decent too.

Magik is great for power control. War, questing, she is the queen. She’s decent for suicides since recoil is soaked up by limbo. No immunities tho

Stealth suit spidey is amazing. Seen some great stuff. Great utility and damage with the fury passive. However I feel like he’s a bit more situational than the other 3 champs above. Still a phenomenal champ nonetheless.

Domino is an insane champ. However personally I’d only take her to r5 if you have at least a 5* of both rhulk and masacre. It’s those two as synergy partners that makes her insanely good. The extra second on debuffs with masacre helps her parry stun to be long enough to get the full heavy in for max damage. It also extends the heavy attack incinerate with rhulk by a second, which is already nuts. Her bleeds and perfect stuns also gets a 1 sec duration bump which is good for refreshing them. So she’s amazing and worthy of you have the synergies.

Hulkbuster. Look, I have a 6* and I sometimes use him. His damage is incredible, not gonna lie there. He drops act 6.3+ opponents so fast. His damage isn’t the problem. It’s his lack of utility in the late game. He’s good for act 5 and probably upto 6.2, but beyond that, the paths get too much for hulkbuster as he has no immunities or solid utility other than shock and power lock/drain. His optimal rotation also relies on the opponent blocking which is hard with an aggressive AI in act 6.

So yes hulkbuster has great damage, great power control, his utility isn’t great enough to be considered amazing for act 6.

So overall, I’d go torch. Mystic slayer and overal powerhouse. Second would be venom and third magik. Essentially the order. However I’d slot domino in 2nd if u have 5* or 6* masacre and rhulk.

BTW rhulk is red hulk if u didn’t know

Good luck becoming cavalier!! Hope I helped.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    Hulkbuster
    HB
  • o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    I have Venom, Stealthy, and Magik at r5. I have no regrets for any of these rank ups, and Stealthy is probably my favorite of the three. But I definitely use Venom more than the others. He carried me through v2 and v5 and came in clutch in my cavalier run. I feel like you wouldn’t regret Stealthy, but you might use Venom more.

Everyone pushing Torch has a great point though... he’s amazing. You’ve got some nice options here!