**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cav difficulty - just not fun.

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    mydnight said:

Wow, I missed that. Seems like they just don't want to fix a bug, but alright. I got it.
    @lormif

What's the bug? AAR is supposed to do that.
  • Options
    mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

GOTG said:

Ebony_Naw said:

GOTG said:

You guys don't like its rewards but it's monthly event quest, resources are overflowing right now.

Yeah I have so many shards, 6* class sig stones, and t5cc that I'm actually hoping Kabam lowers the amount given every month.

Smh
    You never have it enough, it's your greed, doesn't change the fact that resources are given out like candy this month.
    I've opened more 6*s this month than I have in the past several months combined. So, great job there. But what exactly am I supposed to do with 10 random cpass sog stones? I'm not surprised Kabam is holding back, but no, it's not greed for pointing out the brutal shortage of sig stones for those who aren't willing to pay $2.5 USD per sig stone crystal.

If Kabam were to make them generics, it would still take 18 months to max sig a 6*, and that's assuming you duped him the first time. With a gem, it would take 20 months. It's not called greed, it's call analysis and feedback. Kabam is welcome to take it or ignore it. As I've said before, I'll keep playing CEQ anyway because I genuinely enjoyed it.
    I'm with u on the 6* stuff. It was a point I was trying to make. Yes, shards have been plentiful in the past little bit, but I doubt Groot, OG IM, or duping my Cap CW will help anything

• Options
    mydnight said:

Shamir51 said:

mydnight said:

I just finished Cav difficulty, and I don't really think it's enjoyable. The rewards aren't really fantastic, and it took way too long. My roster is of decent size and variety, though I still lack Corvus and Ghost.

A few ideas:

Buffed up needs to go. This is probably the most restrictive chapter. Diss track is manageable.

There are bugs throughout the game now with #metal interactions and magneto. The most annoying was Matador wasp. Magnetism seemed to somehow turn off mag's ability to gain power sometimes after she threw her specials. It made the match so much annoyingly longer.

How can the next step up from UC EQ level be double the AR and triple the health pools? Lower the health pools, and I think a lot less people will complain about the time it took to finish this.

Difficulty was fine for the most part, but as it is, it's not really fun or necessary content for 85% of the community.

If you didn’t find it fun, that’s your opinion and that’s ok. I’m sure there’s plenty of people that don’t have fun with certain content. Personally, I enjoyed it.

A few thoughts to the points you’ve made:

1) buffed needs to go > I don’t think so. I’ve seen numerous posts from people complaining about this node. Generally it’s because they don’t have a traditional “popular” champion to fulfill the node requirement. There are so many champions that can be used here, if you want to get creative. I used a 5* rank 3 Angela and she was hitting so hard (12/13k mediums) when the aptitude buffs started stacking.

2) many people seem to be struggling with Magneto’s AAR reduction and how it interacts with nodes.

3) you’ve asked how the step up from UC to Cav EQ be double the health and attack rating. Just curious, but what’s the step up from Master to UC? Or Heroic to Master? Look it up. If it’s not a problem there, don’t see what the issue here is. Specifically regards to time taken to complete fights- I can only assume you’re doing something wrong if it’s taking you 5 mins per fight.

4) you finish by saying that this content isn’t necessary for 85% of the community. This is Cav level EQ designed for those that are Cavalier (and higher). Do these people make up 85% of the community? I guess I couldn’t really understand the point you were trying to make here.

Thanks for you actually discussing without insulting or making backhanded comments. I don't know why saying I didn't enjoy it caused an onslaught of angry, defensive people to say that I suck. Clearly, if I sucked, I couldn't have finished it. I guess I used 4-5 revives on the new bosses.

Buffed up sucks. Cosmic is my weakest class. I mean, I literally just pulled Medusa today. I had to use voodoo and his power burn phase a lot to finish lanes. R4 hyp and venom helped, but those lanes were loonnnggg. I just didn't the point for such long fights with such a weird node for the whole thing .

I'm pretty sure the matador thing should be a bug. The AAR shouldn't work against you.

From Master to UC, the PI looks to have increased double plus a little. From UC to Cav, it seems to be tripled. Not a bit much?

I thought the majority of the community were still relying heavily on 5*s. 6* shards and pulls aren't really very plentiful for low to non-spenders. That was kinda my point. When you
    Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it was perfect, but in a completely different direction to how you feel. Some of it felt too easy. But then rewards weren’t really that great either.

Thanks for you actually discussing without insulting or making backhanded comments. I don't know why saying I didn't enjoy it caused an onslaught of angry, defensive people to say that I suck. Clearly, if I sucked, I couldn't have finished it. I guess I used 4-5 revives on the new bosses.

Buffed up sucks. Cosmic is my weakest class. I mean, I literally just pulled Medusa today. I had to use voodoo and his power burn phase a lot to finish lanes. R4 hyp and venom helped, but those lanes were loonnnggg. I just didn't the point for such long fights with such a weird node for the whole thing . Diss track has a lot more options and is much more manageable.

I'm pretty sure the matador thing should be a bug. The AAR shouldn't work against you.

From Master to UC, the PI looks to have increased double plus a little. From UC to Cav, it seems to be tripled. Not a bit much?

I thought the majority of the community were still relying heavily on 5*s. 6* shards and pulls aren't really very plentiful for low to non-spenders. That was kinda my point

The cosmic benefit for that chapter really doesn't give you much. I used Colossus for the first run and will probably use him for 100%.

Kabam said they were making it harder. Increased health pools were going to happen and really aren't a big deal. I still don't see how you are spending 5 mins per right.
  • Options
    Dear everyone,

When I said 5 minutes per fight, this was an obvious exaggeration for dramatic effect. I didn't realize that every single one of you would HARP on this point like white on rice.

Most YTers have all said it took them 10 hours to totally finish this when UC takes half the time.

Either the fights are too long or the lanes are too long. Cav takes a significantly longer time.

Signed,

Me
  • Options
    mydnight said:

Dear everyone,

When I said 5 minutes per fight, this was an obvious exaggeration for dramatic effect. I didn't realize that every single one of you would HARP on this point like white on rice.

Most YTers have all said it took them 10 hours to totally finish this when UC takes half the time.

Either the fights are too long or the lanes are too long. Cav takes a significantly longer time.

Signed,

Me

You have at least 30 days. Jesus. No one says beat it in 10 hrs straight.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    mydnight said:

Dear everyone,

Signed,

Me

each path has on average 8 fights if I am not mistaken. With a total of 30 paths. This means to take 10 hours it would be 1.47 minutes per fight, if there are more per lane it lowers the length per fight

Youtubers are also typically entertaining while they do cav this month where they are probably powering through UC offline.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Brack1984 said:

nobody is forcing you to do cavalier and if u feel the rewards aren’t worth then don’t do it. cavalier was literally made to one up UC so the health pools and difficulty of fights was reasonable, also you stated “my roster is of decent size and variety” and seeing that your cavalier you should easily have counters to buffed up

You’re correct! No one is being forced to play, but guess what? If no one wants to play or has a lack of interest in future content, then no money for kabam. People will lose interest is what is the heart of OP.

I thought it was a little challenging. I used maybe 2 revives for the whole event, I did restart a few lines after getting stuck and had to rethink the approach, which I like. My gripe is rewards didn’t seem worth it. I may just do an initial clear next month and stop there. You know, since no one is forcing me to play.

And people doing that speaks far louder than bleating on about it here honestly. If the devs see that people just can't be bothered to do the content then they have to look at why. I feel like they focus on the raw numbers a bit too much at times personally but when you look at some of the "feedback" that gets given here, can't really blame them for trying to be objective about it I guess.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    mydnight said:

Dear everyone,

Signed,

Me

You realise that when UCEQ launched back in December 2017, the same time when chapter 4 of act 5 was releasing roughly, people had very few if any R5 champs. Back then people were having to use less optimal champs and it would have taken MUCH longer than what it does today where we have way more access to R5 champs and even r2 and 3 6* champs. As time goes on Cav EQ will be completed faster and faster as we get more access to R4 and 5 6* champs. You're looking so much into the short term that you're barely seeing past your own nose.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    The excuse that keeps going around (especially for nodes like the buffed up one) well I ain't got Hyperion. Well this may be a news flash to some but he isn't the only character in the game that has buffs. Dude as I said in another post, this is where all those 6* r1 champs that you're mad about pulling get put to use. Lots of champs can actually do this. Groot, King Groot, Old Man Logan, Hela, Carnage, Black Bolt, Black Widow, Phoenix, Kamala Khan, Heimdall, Gamora, Crossbones, The Champion...etc. Gotta think outside the box a little. I like the direction the quests are heading to because that's what everybody wanted months ago. Everyone was wanting to be able to use a diversity of champs and nodes that reward the attacker in the quest. You got both of those in this EQ.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Sounds like the people complaining have just become Cavalier and need to wait a few more months to develop their roster or just ask for the best matchups because a lot of people are not aware of who to use. I agree with the rewards but the health pools are fine. When everyone has r3 6 star champions these health pools will be so easy to deal with it will be laughable. I just think removing some paths here or there will be better because it get repetitive after awhile but it is certainly not too hard.
  • Options
    Lofl at the idea of taking Groot against buffed up domino. Just saying...
  • Options
    So after reading 3 pages of this shillery, u didn't see where I said I'm already finished with cav difficulty?
  • Options
    Actually, mods, pls close this thread. I have no idea when the forums became so toxic. This is horrible.

Ok, you guys win! I LOVE CAN DIFFICULTY! IT'S THE BESTEST EVAR. PLEASE FORGIVE MY DISSENTION.

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious
  • Options
    mydnight said:

Actually, mods, pls close this thread. I have no idea when the forums became so toxic. This is horrible.

Ok, you guys win! I LOVE CAN DIFFICULTY! IT'S THE BESTEST EVAR. PLEASE FORGIVE MY DISSENTION.

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious

Funny that when someone doesn't agree with your opinions they're shills and toxic. Funny that when people say that fights don't take as long as people make out, they're also labelled as these things.

Can't take criticism, don't give criticism.
  • Options
    Funny when someone only reads their posts without offering anything but poor quality snark. Shills for the win.

Grounded Wisdom and will-o'-the-wisp go by other names now, btw.
  • Options
    mydnight said:

So after reading 3 pages of this shillery, u didn't see where I said I'm already finished with cav difficulty?

man are you looking to get banned from the forums?
  • Options
    mydnight said:

Funny when someone only reads their posts without offering anything but poor quality snark. Shills for the win.

Grounded Wisdom and will-o'-the-wisp go by other names now, btw.

sounds like you are complaining about your posts, low quality snark.
  • Options
    I'll reiterate for people who don't seem to know how forums work. Read the OP carefully first.

I said I didn't like cav for a few reasons, then I got lambasted with hateful, unironic and unhelpful replies. Of all of u people, only 1 or 2 offered any rebuttal other than using insults and low quality sarcastic jabs. This is called toxicity.

Anyway, km done. Y'all enjoy having the last word. I know it's what helps u sleep at night.
  • Options
    mydnight said:

I'll reiterate for people who don't seem to know how forums work. Read the OP carefully first.

I said I didn't like cav for a few reasons, then I got lambasted with hateful, unironic and unhelpful replies. Of all of u people, only 1 or 2 offered any rebuttal other than using insults and low quality sarcastic jabs. This is called toxicity.

Anyway, km done. Y'all enjoy having the last word. I know it's what helps u sleep at night.

People pointed out the reason you stated you dont like cav were unhelpful and unironic, and you even admitted hyperbole . If you want better responses give better posts, you dont get to be low quality and get mad that people take jabs at you.
  • Options
    mydnight said:

No you got rebutted with counters to your arguments and you didn't like it.

If you can't take criticism, don't give criticism. If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
  • Options
    This month is even less fun than last month.

Hopefully the nerf they plan on would be to cut health pools.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    mydnight said:

This month is even less fun than last month.

Hopefully the nerf they plan on would be to cut health pools.

Nerf? Where was that announced?