**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mr Fantastic vs Luke Cage

Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Ok so me and my mates have been having an argument about which of these 2 champs are better. (Mr Fantastic or Luke Cage)

I've heard good arguments about both, but the debate ended up becoming personal so we decided to let other ppl decide.

It would be appreciated if you could let me know why you chose Mr fantastic over look or why you chose Luke over Mr Fantastic

Be sure to include the champs personal kit and synergies when making your decision.

Mr Fantastic vs Luke Cage 47 votes

Mr Fantastic
29%
Alex_sc11GuytennisJumpthesharkVoltolosJhonST33Blackshadow0203mgj0630ErosenseiogXander_1_1SwarmOfRavensCrcrcrcSAFI_KMagnaAngemon_333Geralt_123 14 votes
Luke Cage
70%
TerraAlex13369bm3eppsSamMarquezRoOOtsMoot4LifeAgentDoom9KerneasMalreck04MysterioBowTieJohnRookiieRamadaEtjamaBerserker22TotalMonster109_coloThicco_ModePratham02Chewie420 33 votes

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    Luke Cage
    Mr.F has good utility kit, but has to hrow heavies often, be awakened and requires a lot of skill.

Luke Cage has less utility, but can lower passive powergain, deal big damage and is kinda resistant. Also, when awakened he can tank SP3 (if it is not from mystic)

Each has ups and downs, but I prefer Luke, because Mr.F is too hectic
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Mr Fantastic
    Mr F is much better. Unlike Cage he doesn’t have to be awakened. He has excellent power control. He is very durable because of decreased damage from specials and because of weakness. With the full four synergy he is a much more versatile Void. He has great synergy with some of the best abyss champs. And he can easily kill abyss darkhawk, more easily than torch or void.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Luke Cage
    Well it's very clear who the winner is lol
  • Mr Fantastic
    I picked Mister Fantastic because he was useful in Act 6. Especially his synergies are great. But he needs to be duped and on high sig.
  • Xander_1_1Xander_1_1 Posts: 10
    Mr Fantastic
    Luke Cage is better on his own, but if you plan to use the other F4 members, I would go for Mr Fantastic.
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    Mr Fantastic

Mr F is much better. Unlike Cage he doesn’t have to be awakened. He has excellent power control. He is very durable because of decreased damage from specials and because of weakness. With the full four synergy he is a much more versatile Void. He has great synergy with some of the best abyss champs. And he can easily kill abyss darkhawk, more easily than torch or void.

Can you explain why is he good against darkhawk?
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    edited September 2020
    Mr Fantastic
    Here is a video. Very easy fight. He barely takes any block damage from sp1 after a passive weakness is in place. Don’t worry much about the tech charges power gain because darkhawk just loses power once you have 3 petrify.

https://youtu.be/VvQ3YC2m7yI
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Luke Cage
    Mr. F kinda needs a whole synergy team to be valuable.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Mr Fantastic
    Mr fantastic, solely for his utility and synergies.
    Power sting bypasses 6.4 special connoisseur and remains the best option for that's gonna sting.
    I wouldn't realize Luke cage was missing if he was removed from my account.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Mr Fantastic
    If we took the hypothetical stance of having one single champ on your roster, then admittedly, I'd take Luke Cage.

That said, if we're talking about an overall champ, what he can do by himself and what he can do for your team, then Mr. Fantastic is the winner hands down.

Luke has a great kit, but if you look at it subjectively, there's not much about him that some other champs can't do.

Mr. Fantastic on the other hand, well not great by himself in my opinion, can make everyone else on your team so much better.

His tech/science synergy for example. Carrying anyone of those champs with Mr. F, and now any other tech/science champ can apply a power sting. That's huge for that terrible lane in 6.3 or 6.4 where you need to have a power sting applied. You go from being stuck with a champ like Yellow jacket as one of a few viable options, to now having access to champs like CAIW, Warlock, or any other of the many great science and tech options available.

Fighting a boss with a brutal special? Sacrifice Mr. F first to apply those cross-fight weaknesses to that special...BOOM, easier fight for the rest of your team after that.

Mr. F is absolutely a better champ to have if you already have a diverse roster.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Luke Cage
    @Moot4Life
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Mr Fantastic
    Is so fun and easy to play, he has good damage and a lot of utility, power control, decrease opponent's attack base ratting, if Awakened he has great power gain and this become him a great counter vs buff champions, his auto evade passive is of the best in game.