What is an “endgame” player?

2»

Comments

• StellanStellan Member Posts: 322 ★★
    The reference "Endgame player" literally means that a player is in the Endgame. The term "end" suggests there is a progressive nature to the game, but as this game develops, that end too evolves. Thus, the Endgame is the current end of that progression.

An Endgame player would then be a player who has progressed through the whole game and can be located within that ending part. What constitutes that ending part has to be content of which there is nothing ahead off, but plenty behind.

A lot of game modes has it's own Endgame. The story has act 6, the maze type of content has Abyss and AQ has map 7. These are clear progression based divisions.

Thus, for a player to be defined as an Endgame player then, the player should participate in content with clear divisions of progression and be located within that current ending part of which there is nothing ahead off, but plenty behind.

What content that is relevant is another question. It could be solely story content, story and maze content, or story, maze and AQ content.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Member Posts: 3,906 ★★★★★
    I lean towards basing it solely off story progression. So I would say Act 6 100%. Abyss seemed to be intended for ‘beyond endgame’ when it was released. Not everyone’s lifestyle allows for alliance play.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Member Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Explored all permanent content INCLUDING abyss

Whooo said:

choices are too confusing but i'd say at minimum 100% act 6, at least 1 path of abyss, and do 7 by 5 aq

7x5 AQ?
    I don't think so
    If you don't have the time to participate in AQ (or you don't want to live in arena in order to pay for the tickets), and you have done act 6 100%, you are not an endgame player?
    Time to participate in aq? it's like 10 minutes a day
    you have to log on like every few hours to clear your path, and depending on your time zone, set and alarm in the late night/ early morning to finish off your path in the last phase so its more about the time of the day rather than time spent.

edit: i see @Etjama said it first lol
    i'm very familiar with how it works, i've run map 7 every day since it came out except 2 cycles ago when a clown accidently started map 1 on day 5 lol. There's not THAT many people who work jobs that make it so they can't log in for many hours at a time, if you can't log in for 5 hours or sleep for 8 that's not an issue for AQ. Map 7 goes pretty quickly
    Hmm, what could that other thing be besides a job that would inhibit your ability to log into a game whenever you like?
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Member Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Completed AND explored all existing story content, EXCLUDING completion of abyss and LoL

Whooo said:

choices are too confusing but i'd say at minimum 100% act 6, at least 1 path of abyss, and do 7 by 5 aq

7x5 AQ?
    I don't think so
    If you don't have the time to participate in AQ (or you don't want to live in arena in order to pay for the tickets), and you have done act 6 100%, you are not an endgame player?
    Time to participate in aq? it's like 10 minutes a day
    Devided over many times you need to log in. There are people who can only play at night, and maybe a quick login in the morning.
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    Explored all permanent content INCLUDING abyss
    For me Endgamer has:

Story 100%
    LoL and Abyss 100%
    Variants 100%
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Completed all permanent content, EXCLUDING abyss
    I think there’s a difference between Endgame and post-endgame tbh. Being in the endgame implies that you’re through the majority of content and have the ability if not the inclination to compete at the highest level in AQ/AW.

I consider myself an endgame player having explored most of Act 6 and working through exploration of AOL.

I don’t do AQ because I don’t have the time to meet the log in requirements of Map6/7 but it’s not exactly difficult outside of a few encounters. Not doing it doesn’t suddenly make me bad at the game or diminish what I’ve completed.
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Member Posts: 675 ★★★
    Completed all existing story content
    End game - I guess in it's simplest a player that has reached the finality e.g 100% all permanent content
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    A question with regards to “completed all existing story content.” Does that include all the monthly event quests in all their difficulties?
    Since the story is connected to those as well & you can prove it with all those fancy titles.

Was just curious about it, for the rest I can’t be bothered with the term “endgame player,” it has no meaning for me.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,936 ★★★★★

guess I’ll never be able to be an endgame player, since I can’t run aq