**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

October side quest bug or not [merged threads]

Comments

• Repto23Repto23 Posts: 738 ★★★
    am i supposed to be able to run this multiple times? I assumed so as it cost energy but now that ive done it 3 times im very unsure and dont want to be banned or suspended.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Plasmadog said:

GarrettN said:

“If someone accidentally leaves their door unlocked, it’s their fault I broke in and stole! They were asking for it!”

Well technically yes it was their fault. Since you want to make stupid arguments. what if the the person who stole had some type of mental disorder and thought it was their house.

Not everything is black and white there are two sides to blame. Its kabams fault for letting it slide through, but it's players fault when they exploit it. But there are also people who may not have watched a video on it or are new to the game. They also have a replay button on the quest.

There are two sides two it so don't blame it all on one. Fault means responsibility.

what a strange argument for justifying poor moral decisions.

As a homeowner I am under NO obligations to lock my door. You as NOT the property owner ARE under an obligation to not enter someone else property and take what does not belong to you.

There are mitigations in place for people who are mentally defiant, but they place the blame on those who should be watching that person.

Kabam has stated it was a bug and owned their side of responsibility every time, the problem is players want to shirk their responsibility, which they agreed to with the TOS, and not take their blame and the consequences of it.
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    Bann Bann in two hours baaaaaan
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    stop doing it. I don't think you'll be banned, but I said that last time
  • Last month the ban was a week and of course they removed the items you got!

One week may not seem long but you screw your alliance and we're in war season now!

People should have learned from last time!

A lot of us would appreciate it if you just went ahead and changed your name from AzKicker316 to Azzkisser316. Thank you for your cooperation.

• WzzrddWzzrdd Posts: 84
    @Plasmadog it clearly says that you can run the quest more then once to collect souls and key how are we suppose to know you get shards again until you complete it again?
  • Fauztuz said:

That's unfair, cause it's kabam's fault so why players should be banned? And it's the second time it happens

That isn't how it works though
  • PlasmadogPlasmadog Posts: 25
    Lormif said:

Plasmadog said:

GarrettN said:

“If someone accidentally leaves their door unlocked, it’s their fault I broke in and stole! They were asking for it!”

Well technically yes it was their fault. Since you want to make stupid arguments. what if the the person who stole had some type of mental disorder and thought it was their house.

Not everything is black and white there are two sides to blame. Its kabams fault for letting it slide through, but it's players fault when they exploit it. But there are also people who may not have watched a video on it or are new to the game. They also have a replay button on the quest.

There are two sides two it so don't blame it all on one. Fault means responsibility.

As a homeowner I am under NO obligations to lock my door. You as NOT the property owner ARE under an obligation to not enter someone else property and take what does not belong to you.

There are mitigations in place for people who are mentally defiant, but they place the blame on those who should be watching that person.

Kabam has stated it was a bug and owned their side of responsibility every time, the problem is players want to shirk their responsibility, which they agreed to with the TOS, and not take their blame and the consequences of it.
    Ok well my point was how that doesn't apply either the quest that they said you could do multiple times is not a house and the gamers that were told that are not all robbers
    Wzzrdd said:

@Plasmadog it clearly says that you can run the quest more then once to collect souls and key how are we suppose to know you get shards again until you complete it again?

Exactly someone with an actual brain
    Plasmadog said:

Lormif said:

Plasmadog said:

GarrettN said:

Ok well my point was how that doesn't apply either the quest that they said you could do multiple times is not a house and the gamers that were told that are not all robbers
    the house argument was used, if I am not mistaken, about last month, not this month. This months quest having bans would not be justifiable on their part.
  • Kabam shouldn't ban people for their own mistakes. If it's a bug they can just take the rewards back. If they keep this ban because of their own bugs they will lose their loyal players
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 738 ★★★

Very misleading
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra please sir let us know about this issue and please stop banning people because of these bugs from your end
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Repto23 said:

Very misleading

Well it’s not supposed to be. It’s bugged if it didn’t give you extra shards it would be fine but it’s giving you extra shards which is bugged when it’s not supposed to
    Lormif said:

Plasmadog said:

Lormif said:

Plasmadog said:

GarrettN said:

the house argument was used, if I am not mistaken, about last month, not this month. This months quest having bans would not be justifiable on their part.
    The quote was actually made on this quest too and I think it's weird that some people are on a moral high ground because they didn't exploit it. like the guy I tagged

Kabam shouldn't ban people for their own mistakes. If it's a bug they can just take the rewards back. If they keep this ban because of their own bugs they will lose their loyal players

I don't think they have yet
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    edited October 2020
    i just finished my 1st round of the quest and i noticed that i can enter again, someone else have the bug too?
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Yes. See the merged discussion
  • LuluschmLuluschm Posts: 9
    the worst is that the mistake is made by the company and the players are the ones who pay. Some intern is making a mistake and nobody does anything, it cannot be our fault.
    Aaronc94 said:

i just finished my 1st round of the quest and i noticed that i can enter again, someone else have the bug too?

that is not the bug, you can run it multiple times for keys and lost souls, the bug is it is out too early and it is giving monster shards every time.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    Last month it was obviously a bug, and people chose to exploit it.

This time around it isn’t so obvious. From what I can see, the shards aren’t even saved anywhere, so technically, there’s no advantage being gained.
    Luluschm said:

the worst is that the mistake is made by the company and the players are the ones who pay. Some intern is making a mistake and nobody does anything, it cannot be our fault.

it cannot be your fault if you exploit a bug you know should not be giving rewards that it shouldn't? This case is not a good one, but in the case of last month. Also you have no clue what goes on in their company.
  • BoCassBoCass Posts: 61
    edited October 2020
    (Edit) Hi I rerunned the easiest difficulty once just to see what the difference in rewards would be and then when I saw they were the same I reran the hardest difficulty once. I wasn't around for the bug last month (as I only just picked the game up again and hardly ever go on forum). An alliance member brought it to my attention and then I did not rerun again.

Basically I did 2 reruns thinking it was just part of the event to get the same rewards.

Will I be getting banned?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    7714dtl said:

7714dtl said:

Havent run it, so this post is objective.

Its broken, as is most new content they deliver.

Don't put it on my phone and tell me not to play it, defies all common sense.

Since they know its broken why have they not taken it down at least temporarily like they have with events in the past to stop the snowballing of abuse/accidents in rerunning the quest?

Because there isn't anyone in the Dev office this early most likely? Do you think that they all work 24/7 without ever going home?

Then who was Porthos reporting to or are you calling a moderator a liar
    I can alert anyone who I work for via e-mail when they aren't at work. Crazy concept.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    Repto23 said:

Very misleading

How is it misleading?
  • Eyeballtat2Eyeballtat2 Posts: 27
    Would be nice if a moderator commented and said no run it or don’t
  • Issaq1qqIssaq1qq Posts: 3
    What is my fault in this if the bug is in the game