**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can we not get rid of the level 55 requirement for cavalier difficulty

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★

You are losing out by your own choice. You don't want to get the XP to make to 55 or 60. That's YOUR choice.

Seems to me your one of those guys who has max rosters and whose also terrible at the game, what’s the big deal about being level 55?? What does that signify?? If he explored act 4 he would be level 55 but at the same place in terms of his characters. What’s the purpose of gatekeeping content behind being level 55?
    Lots of content has been gated. Everything for uncollected was gated at level 40. It's not the first not will it be the last.

I don't have a max roster to what you are saying, but I have an expansive roster and I'm level 60 and Cavalier. I've played this game every day since 1 or 2 weeks from the games release.

Not exploring act 4 leaves you without important mastery points as well as not leveling up because there is mastery points there too. We see it all the time where people complain about difficulty because of how not ready ready they are.

You would have a hard time on many paths with your roster. You have Venom for buffed up but he doesn't look ranked high or duped.

Facts are, you need to be 55. Pop some xp boosts and get to 55. It's only 7 levels. Why does the company constantly have to rearrange everything for people who don't want to follow the rules or feel nothing should apply to them. Entitlement at it's finest.
    How is me wanting to be able to have access to a side event for cavelier players when I’m a cavelier player being entitled. I have the title. That I earned thru clearing 6.1
    Because it is not the only requirement made for the side event. You also need lvl 55.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

This is what happens when we have a "God Tier List", and Champs that are so OP that people go through content before they develop.

I’ve been playing for a long time. This is my second account. That I play off and on. Yes I got good champs but I also had the skills to clear content to. I was using 4* at r3 an r4 to become UC.
    Having an Alt is not a natural rate of progression. Someone has the knowledge and experience of already playing the game before, and these Requirements are set in place for a reason.
  • Options
    BlubbernapBlubbernap Posts: 34

You are losing out by your own choice. You don't want to get the XP to make to 55 or 60. That's YOUR choice.

Seems to me your one of those guys who has max rosters and whose also terrible at the game, what’s the big deal about being level 55?? What does that signify?? If he explored act 4 he would be level 55 but at the same place in terms of his characters. What’s the purpose of gatekeeping content behind being level 55?
    Lots of content has been gated. Everything for uncollected was gated at level 40. It's not the first not will it be the last.

I don't have a max roster to what you are saying, but I have an expansive roster and I'm level 60 and Cavalier. I've played this game every day since 1 or 2 weeks from the games release.

Not exploring act 4 leaves you without important mastery points as well as not leveling up because there is mastery points there too. We see it all the time where people complain about difficulty because of how not ready ready they are.

You would have a hard time on many paths with your roster. You have Venom for buffed up but he doesn't look ranked high or duped.

Facts are, you need to be 55. Pop some xp boosts and get to 55. It's only 7 levels. Why does the company constantly have to rearrange everything for people who don't want to follow the rules or feel nothing should apply to them. Entitlement at it's finest.
    Maybe it’s because I haven’t played this game in a while, but just looking at last months side event quest, why are they gating worse rewards after giving better rewards with no requirement besides being able to complete it? Also, I’m kinda of confused about the whole “it’s gated because your not good enough to do it”, but if that’s true doesn’t it get rid of the point of the gate? If your not good enough to do it than you don’t get to do it but if you can like last month you get the rewards, your rewarding skill not grind. Final pint I’m going to make is about everyone telling the guy to explore act 4. It kinda angers me that everyone in the forums who have already done everything thinks there’s a set way you have to be play the game and go throughout content, this is ok no regards to leveling up but seriously just because everyone here explored act 4 before getting cavalier doesn’t mean everyone has to or even should.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian

Maybe it’s because I haven’t played this game in a while, but just looking at last months side event quest, why are they gating worse rewards after giving better rewards with no requirement besides being able to complete it? Also, I’m kinda of confused about the whole “it’s gated because your not good enough to do it”, but if that’s true doesn’t it get rid of the point of the gate? If your not good enough to do it than you don’t get to do it but if you can like last month you get the rewards, your rewarding skill not grind. Final pint I’m going to make is about everyone telling the guy to explore act 4. It kinda angers me that everyone in the forums who have already done everything thinks there’s a set way you have to be play the game and go throughout content, this is ok no regards to leveling up but seriously just because everyone here explored act 4 before getting cavalier doesn’t mean everyone has to or even should.
    Actually, it is you that wants the game to wrap around your playstyle. You're free to play the game any way you wish, and many people do play the game in unconventional ways. But you don't have the right to demand that the game change its progression requirements to suit your playstyle. The game rewards progression, and there is many different types of progression in the game from summoner level progression to content completion progression to roster growth progression. The game rewards players for advancing in each of those. Some of those rewards come in the form of gates to different content or different rewards. If you want to do the Cavalier difficulty content you must have progressed beyond summoner level 55 and beyond Act 6.1. That's the requirement.

It is semantic quibbling to claim that because you earned the Cavalier title you're entitled to Cavalier content. The game isn't going to go around naming everything based on all of the requirements of the content. Its not going to be "Cavalier level 55" content just so players can't claim that all Cavalier players should be able to do all Cavalier content.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You know leveling up is part of the game. Why play the game if you don’t want to do it? You don’t get a pass because you got cavalier at level 48. Grind like all of us did.
  • Options
    Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★

You know leveling up is part of the game. Why play the game if you don’t want to do it? You don’t get a pass because you got cavalier at level 48. Grind like all of us did.

I didn’t just magically become cavelier. I did grind thru and became cavelier. I’m sure anyone on here that’s cavelier and is saying this was already lvl 55 so it didn’t affect them so they think I gotta grind Act 4 like they had did already.
  • Options

I didn’t just magically become cavelier. I did grind thru and became cavelier. I’m sure anyone on here that’s cavelier and is saying this was already lvl 55 so it didn’t affect them so they think I gotta grind Act 4 like they had did already.
    Well yes, essentially. People who put the time and effort in are saying others have to as well. That's logical.
  • Options
    Blackshadow0203Blackshadow0203 Posts: 171
    I mean, I didn’t explore act 4 until after I had the intitial clear of act 6 done, 6.1 exploration down, and two variants fully explored. I just did act 4 when I was bored. The T2A is nice tho. I don’t play my second account much as I’m usually too busy playing my main. But I agree that leveling is apart of the game. I’ve been playing for two or three years straight, it took me a while to get to level 60. But it was rewarding, I couldn’t wait till I leveled up enough to start doing uncollected stuff. Maybe view it like that? “Hey I can’t wait to get to level 55 so I can put this title to use!” Kinda like that.
  • Options

Well yes, essentially. People who put the time and effort in are saying others have to as well. That's logical. </blockquote

I did put in time and effort.
  • Options
    Well no, you didn't. If you didn't put the time and effort in to become Level 55, you didn't put the same effort in as other people doing Cavalier EQ.
  • Options

I mean, I didn’t explore act 4 until after I had the intitial clear of act 6 done, 6.1 exploration down, and two variants fully explored. I just did act 4 when I was bored. The T2A is nice tho. I don’t play my second account much as I’m usually too busy playing my main. But I agree that leveling is apart of the game. I’ve been playing for two or three years straight, it took me a while to get to level 60. But it was rewarding, I couldn’t wait till I leveled up enough to start doing uncollected stuff. Maybe view it like that? “Hey I can’t wait to get to level 55 so I can put this title to use!” Kinda like that.

But I can bc I can do the cavalier monthly quest they just have the side quest block which has better rewards.

• Options

Well no, you didn't. If you didn't put the time and effort in to become Level 55, you didn't put the same effort in as other people doing Cavalier EQ.

I made my way thru 6.1 one just like the others that are cavelier just because I had great RNG with my 5*s I shouldn’t be punished. Plus I did 6.2 which some of these ppl telling me I shouldn’t be aloud probably haven’t even did.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    If I would run Kabam, I would set it to 60 and Act 4 exploration. You don't deserve cavalier by rushing through content.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

I made my way thru 6.1 one just like the others that are cavelier just because I had great RNG with my 5*s I shouldn’t be punished. Plus I did 6.2 which some of these ppl telling me I shouldn’t be aloud probably haven’t even did.
    Side Quests are not locked by Titles. They're locked by Levels. Always been that way. Legendary isn't Cavalier. It's Legendary.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Well yes, essentially. People who put the time and effort in are saying others have to as well. That's logical.
    It's ok man.You are just wasting time here.
    No one is going to listen to you.Kabam are not going to change this system.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian

You don't have to grind Act 4. That's just a suggestion. You have to be level 55 or higher. You can do that any way you want. How fast you do that is up to you.

What you don't get to say is that the requirement shouldn't apply to you because you deserve to ignore it because of some other accomplishment. You don't get to choose your own path through the game. You don't get to decide which progression requirements you should do and which you should be able to ignore.

Maybe you think your complaint is innocuous, that what harm can it do to the game to lower the requirement. There's at least two. First, eliminating progression prerequisites devalues them. If people can ignore summoner level to achieve higher progress, it makes summoner level less important. Right now, it is more important; it is something to work towards, and for many players to aspire to. At the end of the day, this game is a bunch of arbitrary screen pixels. The game has to *invent* aspiration out of thin air. It has to invent the desire players have to get anything at all. And every time you paper cut one of those aspirations, you devalue the game in a difficult to measure individually but very real way.

Second, this is a stepping stone on the road to players not just feeling entitled to the content, but also entitled to the rewards at the end of the content. It is a *very* short drive from "I deserve to do this content" to "I deserve the rewards from that content" to "the content is too difficult and I can't get rewards I deserve to have." Once people decide the game should shape itself around their own personal situation, it becomes easy to skip all of the middlemen and just say "I play the game, I spend my time and money, I deserve whatever I think I deserve."

And honestly, the end of this road is incredibly annoying to many players of the game, so much so that unless it is extremely well deserved complaints of the form "I deserve X so the game should change so I get X" tend to be reacted to like they are a disease. They are going to assume, with some justification, that if you're willing to complain you deserve access to Cavalier content without doing the prerequisites today, you'll just become one of those people who say "I'm Cavalier and yet I can't complete Cavalier content so the content is broken and should be dialed down" tomorrow. If you aren't one of those players, then prove it by expending the relatively trivial amount of effort it takes to level from 48 to 55.
  • Options
    Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147
    When you set a difficulty for a progression point shown by a title, locking people who have the title from entering it is stupid. I'm UC and was getting a bunch of stuff from mutant island legendary that was far better than the current set of rewards that OP is being excluded from for being at the progression point the rewards are aimed at too fast. Essentially, he's being penalised for being good. The whole purpose behind these gates is really strange to me, if it's too hard then the gate is unneccesary and if it isn't too hard for people who are lower to get rewards they shouldn't have yet, just make the content harder. And at least be consistent with this BS so players who aren't as far on know where they stand with what difficulties they're actually allowed in.
  • Options
    Ankush69Ankush69 Posts: 21
    Since you don't wanna explore act4, why not explore act5 instead? Does that have useless rewards as well, I don't think so. I got to Lv55 easily on my second account without even starting act4 100% but did Act5 100% before that.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Lobster44 said:

When you set a difficulty for a progression point shown by a title, locking people who have the title from entering it is stupid. I'm UC and was getting a bunch of stuff from mutant island legendary that was far better than the current set of rewards that OP is being excluded from for being at the progression point the rewards are aimed at too fast. Essentially, he's being penalised for being good. The whole purpose behind these gates is really strange to me, if it's too hard then the gate is unneccesary and if it isn't too hard for people who are lower to get rewards they shouldn't have yet, just make the content harder. And at least be consistent with this BS so players who aren't as far on know where they stand with what difficulties they're actually allowed in.

How does that make sense? How does allowing people to go into content too difficult than they can handle and spend resources, then complain on the forums that the content was too hard and needs to be nerfed make sense?
  • Options
    edited October 2020

If I would run Kabam, I would set it to 60 and Act 4 exploration. You don't deserve cavalier by rushing through content.

You mean you couldn’t make it thru so you don’t want anyone else to have the rewards from making it before you is what it sounds like
    DNA3000 said:

You don't have to grind Act 4. That's just a suggestion. You have to be level 55 or higher. You can do that any way you want. How fast you do that is up to you.

What you don't get to say is that the requirement shouldn't apply to you because you deserve to ignore it because of some other accomplishment. You don't get to choose your own path through the game. You don't get to decide which progression requirements you should do and which you should be able to ignore.

Maybe you think your complaint is innocuous, that what harm can it do to the game to lower the requirement. There's at least two. First, eliminating progression prerequisites devalues them. If people can ignore summoner level to achieve higher progress, it makes summoner level less important. Right now, it is more important; it is something to work towards, and for many players to aspire to. At the end of the day, this game is a bunch of arbitrary screen pixels. The game has to *invent* aspiration out of thin air. It has to invent the desire players have to get anything at all. And every time you paper cut one of those aspirations, you devalue the game in a difficult to measure individually but very real way.

Second, this is a stepping stone on the road to players not just feeling entitled to the content, but also entitled to the rewards at the end of the content. It is a *very* short drive from "I deserve to do this content" to "I deserve the rewards from that content" to "the content is too difficult and I can't get rewards I deserve to have." Once people decide the game should shape itself around their own personal situation, it becomes easy to skip all of the middlemen and just say "I play the game, I spend my time and money, I deserve whatever I think I deserve."

And honestly, the end of this road is incredibly annoying to many players of the game, so much so that unless it is extremely well deserved complaints of the form "I deserve X so the game should change so I get X" tend to be reacted to like they are a disease. They are going to assume, with some justification, that if you're willing to complain you deserve access to Cavalier content without doing the prerequisites today, you'll just become one of those people who say "I'm Cavalier and yet I can't complete Cavalier content so the content is broken and should be dialed down" tomorrow. If you aren't one of those players, then prove it by expending the relatively trivial amount of effort it takes to level from 48 to 55.
    Tell me how my level in the game has anything to do with the difficulty of content I can clear? It doesn’t at all. It’s just random xp points you get for clearing content. No skill no needed champs nothing. So why should it prevent me from doing content that I can clear?
    And I don’t complain about content being to hard. If I can’t do it I don’t.
  • Options
    TurtleFlakesTurtleFlakes Posts: 20
    I don’t usually invest in arguments, but I thought I’d pop in to give my 2 cents on this one. I’ve been playing since April 2015, on and off. I’m Cavalier, Lv53. The quests are supposed to be for those Cavalier and above, it makes little sense to put a level barrier on top of a title barrier.
    IF the title Cavalier was obtained after Lv55, or IF ALL Cavalier content was barred to Lv55+, that would make sense! But what mystifies me is that fact that I was able to access 2/5 of these Cav side events so far, 3 have been barred to me due to levels, 2 have not. Did I find them challenging? Not particularly. Did they compare to the Cavalier difficulty, which those under Lv55 can access? Nope, imo Cav difficulty is far harder. I’m not arguing that it should be removed, Kabam make the rules around here, and they do an excellent job regardless of all the bugs. It’s an incredible game. It just confuses me as to why some parts are barred off, some not. It seems illogical. Perhaps there are just reasons that I can’t fathom.
    Just my opinion :smile:
  • Options

I don’t usually invest in arguments, but I thought I’d pop in to give my 2 cents on this one. I’ve been playing since April 2015, on and off. I’m Cavalier, Lv53. The quests are supposed to be for those Cavalier and above, it makes little sense to put a level barrier on top of a title barrier.
    IF the title Cavalier was obtained after Lv55, or IF ALL Cavalier content was barred to Lv55+, that would make sense! But what mystifies me is that fact that I was able to access 2/5 of these Cav side events so far, 3 have been barred to me due to levels, 2 have not. Did I find them challenging? Not particularly. Did they compare to the Cavalier difficulty, which those under Lv55 can access? Nope, imo Cav difficulty is far harder. I’m not arguing that it should be removed, Kabam make the rules around here, and they do an excellent job regardless of all the bugs. It’s an incredible game. It just confuses me as to why some parts are barred off, some not. It seems illogical. Perhaps there are just reasons that I can’t fathom.
    Just my opinion :smile:

That’s what I’m trying to say some contents locked and some isn’t. I can do monthly quest but not side event. I could last month but not this month.
  • Options
    The bottom line is, Legendary and Cavalier respectively, are the highest level of content. Both in EQ and SQ. It's not unreasonable to me that both should require Level 60, which is the easiest thing to do. It just takes time and effort. Let alone 55. The bar was already moved.