**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Warlock - Still “Beyond God Tier”?

124»

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Healing is a big problem in this game and Warlock counters it better than anyone. That's why he's used everywhere. He's used a ton in War, he's used everywhere in Act 6, he's even used for niche fights in Abyss. That's why he'll always be above G99 in my eyes. She doesn't do anything better than anyone else.

And anyone who says his damage is trash hasn't bothered to use him. His damage is probably better than 80% of champs in this game. The G99 lovers always ignore her initial ramp-up. Warlock will be done with the first 3 fights before G99's first one is down.

(Didn't wanna make this a Warlock vs. G99 thread, but that happened long before I got here and I'm not going to deal with people trashing on Warlock for no reason.)

You made sense up until the point where you claimed warlock would be done with 3 fight before guillotine finished one.
    Exaggerations like this make it hard to take anything said seriously.
    The only regen that can't be outdamaged by g2099 is Abyss Deadpool where warlock isn't the best option. Saying she doesn't do anything better than anyone when nodes like terminal velocity that punish crits exist is just false. Damage reduction nodes are also a big problem in act 6, guess who ignores all of them.

Really don't understand the whole g99 Vs Warlock fixation, they're both great and realistically fill different niches. I won't be using g99 if I need AAR or coldsnap immunity and won't bring warlock if I need to ramp up to ridiculous damage numbers or deal with vivified
    Why is exaggeration suddenly a problem? You understand the point I'm trying to make, that's all that matters. When the G99 lovers talk about her, they never mention that first fight takes for-freakin' ever. You're not gonna be seeing meaningful damage till you're 120 hits in but then they go on to brag about how she finishes every fight so fast.

As far as G99 being the best option for nodes that punish crits, Guardian doesn't crit, I'd rather use him 90% of the time. And champs like Magik or Doom exist for Terminal Velocity. Same as how champs CMM, Ægon, and Namor exist. Sure, they still crit. But they ignore the consequences that would result and again, I'd rather use them 90% of the time.

And the G99 Warlock debate is just repeatedly brought up by the people who absolutely need to prove G99 is more useful than Warlock. But there's a reason Warlock is used everywhere. G99 really isn't.
    Exaggeration didn't suddenly become a problem, using it to convey a point like it's fact is cheap.
    If you think no one mentions it you've missed the memo, she's a ramp up champ. It's plain as day, nobody claims you'll pick her up and she'll shred every fight from the second the quest starts. Same with Aegon, he doesn't need a disclaimer that he's a ramp up champ every time he's brought up.

If you prefer using guardian that's fine, preference doesn't suddenly make him the better option.
    Magik and Doom aren't clearing the terminal velocity lane in 6.3. CMM, Aegon, and namor would eat a sp3 after the 5th crit. I implore you to try them and come back.

Don't see where you've gotten the idea g99 isn't used, the only place she hasn't been used is the XL variant and v5.
    No, it's plain as day that my point was no one should be talking about G99's speed when it comes to path clearing without mentioning that first fight takes forever. All that's mentioned is that she finishes fights and clears paths super fast.
    That keeps getting ignored, so the fact that she's a ramp-up champ is worth mentioning.

And I wasn't using CMM, Namor, and Ægon as an example for terminal velocity, but for other nodes that punish crits. I implore you to read carefully before acting like a snob.

And G99 just isn't as widely used as Warlock on top tier accounts. You'll see so many more bosses, paths, Abyss fights, and wars with Warlock.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Daphboy said:

I like bringing both g2099 and warlock for a lot. They got a nice synergy. They both are VERY helpful champs. I really don’t understand the argument of g2099 ramp up being tedious and maintaining stressful. Just do some parry heavies at the start of the fight to give a nice combo shield cushion, and whack away. Sure the first fight in a6 may take up to 100 hits, but after that she’s tearing through 200-300k opponents in 40-50 hits. That paired with her insane armor buff and regeneration makes her waaaay more sustainable throughout multiple fights. But when warlock shines, boy does he ever. The point is, don’t choose, use both.

This is the point I've been trying to make, don't understand why people are under the impression only one of them can be used and the other needs to be relegated. They fill a lot different niches so they'll both get used. Don't see the point in arguing over who's better, especially when it's for spot no 2