**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why Omega Sentinel deserves your vote

MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
When I first saw this announcement I had never heard of Omega Sentinel, but after looking into her (and the other characters) she became the clear choice in my eyes. Allow me to explain why.

First off, she'd almost certainly be tech class. Tech is definitely lagging behind the other classes so a new tech would be very welcome, and based on her comic abilities I think she could bring some unique stuff to that class. It also makes her good for variant 3. You could argue that Skill is the worst class in the game at the moment, but skill has the upcoming Falcon and Daredevil buffs, there is nothing in the horizon for tech unless you vote Omega Sentinel.

Although this is quite subjective I think her character model and animations could be incredible. She can create various weapons including guns and flamethrowers all over her body, which could definitely make her animations inteterestimg, I'm imagining a cross between the animations of Warlock, Apocalypse and Iron Man IW, who all have the "gun hand" thing going on. I'm also a fan of the black and white colour scheme for her suit, but that is pretty subjective as I said earlier.

She's Indian, and although a large portion of the playerbase is Indian there isn't a single Indian character in the game. She would be a much needed first.

Let's get onto her potential abilities. Obviously I don't know what abilities Kabam will give her but we can speculate based on her powers in the comics.
She has electrostatic poles in her arms, I could see this working like White Widow. They would most likely be non contact energy attacks allowing her to counter Korg, thorns, spiked armour etc. There are very few champs with non contact attacks in the tech class. It's also likely that she'll get shock, allowing her to counter Thunderstruck and hopefully giving her some juicy damage. Her other weapon arms could also provide more utility, perhaps concussion or incinerate.

Omega Sentinel is (partly) a robot so there would no doubt be some immunities in there, which are always welcome. Omega Sentinel also has various regeneration and "life support" capabilities. These combined should make her a pretty tanky champ.

The nanites that give Omega Sentinel her powers also allow her to control machines, this leaves potential for an armour shattered mechanic, which currently is only used by two champs neither of which are tech.

Super strength, speed, reflexes and endurance are also included in her list of powers That alone is Hercules's entire list of powers, and its only a tiny part of what Omega Sentinel can do. These aren't the main focus of her powers so the in game translation would probably just be high base stats, attack, block Prof etc. They could also give her Fury and armour ups to represent this, so she could potentially counter Havok.

She can teleport, which would likely mean a miss Mechanic. Hopefully adding to her tankiness and making her a potent defender. It could also lead to some Professor X like animations, where she teleports across the screen, and that's one of the best parts of Prof X. Flight is also one of her powers, and although I'm not sure what this could do for her ability wise although I'm sure Kabam could do something interesting with it, there is also potential for great animations there.

Before getting superpowers she was a detective, this also presents interesting potential for abilities. Perhaps she could reduce ability accuracy as time goes on or by completing prompts and she deduces how her opponent's powers work. Personally I think the idea of completing prompts sounds really fun, people seemed to like it on Mojo.

Omega Sentinel has associations with many of the X men so there's potential for synergies there, and there has to be synergies with regular Sentinel.

If the second champ of the month is decided by who we pick, we have no confirmation of that though, she would most likely come with Nimrod. Nimrod is great, look him up.

As for the flaws with the other champs, here's a brief summary

Dazzler: No more Mutants. They're stacked enough as it is and she'll most likely be forgotten about

Iron heart: No more Iron people. She would essentially be an iron man reskin.

Okoye: Cool character but I'm not sure what she could bring to thr table in terms of abilities. She just stabs people with a spear. Plus she'll most likely come out with Black panther 2 or 3 even if she loses the poll

Morgan le fay: Could have really good animations, but her abilities seem like that of a typical Mystic. The Mystic class is already pretty repetitive and she'll probably just be overshadowed by Doom. She's probably my second choice though, the possibility of a dinosaur intrigues me but I'd rather have Devil Dinosaur and Moon girl.

Hercules: He just seems too plain, his abilities are very basic just super strength and endurance, there isn't really anything new you can do with that. In terms of design and animations, he just looks like a regular man. Nothimg exciting there either.

Morbius: I'd like to see him in game but I'm pretty certain he'll come in some form, most likely when the movie comes out, regardless of whether he wins. So it seems like a waste to vote for him.

Blue Marvel: I know he'll probably be a science, but he just seems like your typical Mr laser hands cosmic. There isn't really anything new with him and he doesn't stand out much

Lastly, Omega Sentinel is a pretty obscure character so this is probably our only chance to get her in the game, unlike more recognisable characters like Hercules or Morbius. If we miss our chance now, she's gone forever.

Vote Omega for a brighter future for all, or you know, a pretty cool and unique video game character.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

Meebleton out

Comments

• Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    good points were made and after reading this, you confirmed that omega sentinel is who i would vote if hercules somehow got out
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    I mean, Morgan could have some pretty unique mechanics if they decide to incorporate mine control as some sort of proper power control mechanic.

But I agree with you on OS, she does seem amazing, and if Morgan loses, I’ll be standing right here with you.
  • Options

Sorcerer supreme is Indian, but anyways go spread your support for Omega Sentinel in the war room thread.

I didn't know that about Sorcerer Supreme
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Meebleton said:

DrZola said:

Character created in 2000. When we have so many champs who are classic Marvel that absolutely stink and so many others who have been part of Marvel lore for a half century and have yet to be introduced in game, the “she’s really cool” argument falls flat. 80% or more of the folks who play this game have no idea who she is without consulting Wikipedia.

Dr. Zola.

Just because a character is more recognisable doesn't mean they're a better choice. I would rather have a champ I know nothing about, but has an interesting design and is fun to play, than a champ that I'll get 10 seconds of satisfaction out of when I say "hey, I know that guy!" and then immediately forget that they exist because there is nothing special about them.
    Unrelated, but why do you sign your name at the end of posts? We already know who's posted it
    Five years on forums, and I still get someone asking that question. Short answer is I try to post comments that are thoughtful and well-written. Signing them connotes a sense of authorship and intentionality.

Omega Sentinel may be great. Who knows? Whether she is fun to play or is interesting is up to the game team. I tend to prefer representation of classic Marvel characters in a Marvel game. She’s not one of those.

She was a Chris Claremont creation, so she’s got that going for her though.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Meebleton said:

DrZola said:

Character created in 2000. When we have so many champs who are classic Marvel that absolutely stink and so many others who have been part of Marvel lore for a half century and have yet to be introduced in game, the “she’s really cool” argument falls flat. 80% or more of the folks who play this game have no idea who she is without consulting Wikipedia.

Dr. Zola.

Just because a character is more recognisable doesn't mean they're a better choice. I would rather have a champ I know nothing about, but has an interesting design and is fun to play, than a champ that I'll get 10 seconds of satisfaction out of when I say "hey, I know that guy!" and then immediately forget that they exist because there is nothing special about them.
    Unrelated, but why do you sign your name at the end of posts? We already know who's posted it
    Five years on forums, and I still get someone asking that question. Short answer is I try to post comments that are thoughtful and well-written. Signing them connotes a sense of authorship and intentionality.

Omega Sentinel may be great. Who knows? Whether she is fun to play or is interesting is up to the game team. I tend to prefer representation of classic Marvel characters in a Marvel game. She’s not one of those.

She was a Chris Claremont creation, so she’s got that going for her though.

Dr. Zola
    5 years from now you'll still be getting asked it. If you're still on the forums that is. I suppose it does add a certain flair to your posts
  • Options
    AlphaStark20AlphaStark20 Posts: 61
    My votes going to Omega Sentinel. Should be cool. A nice partner would be the Indian-American Ant-Man (Raz Malhotra, I think?)
  • Options
    Omega007HazeOmega007Haze Posts: 60
    OMEGA SENTINEL... it must be her. I used to read all the X-men books at the time she was created. And she is a str8 bada$$!!.

Her animations would be amazing, so much you can do with her. And as a definite TECH class, she would synergize well on an all Mutant team as she was an X-man... but, she was also a one point a Marauder, one of Mr. Sinister's Marauders. She was taken over by Malice of the Marauders, so perhaps she would look good on a Synergy with Sinister, Sabertooth, and a potential Mystique if we ever get her! A Marauders synergy would be amazing... now if we could only get Mystique and Lady Deathstrike in the game.

Vote: OMEGA SENTINEL
  • Options
    Djin said:

I don't see any reason to vote her. She's basically Warlock 2.0

While it's true that she'll have similarities to Warlock I think she'll do enough to differentiate herself. Besides, is being Warlock 2.0 really a bad thing? Not only is he one of the best, most versatile champs in the game, he's also one of the most well liked characters due to his animations.
  • Options
    Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    She is indian? Here's my vote. 🤟
  • Options
    HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    If Okoye doesn't win I am definitely going with her,she looks cool,I don't really know about her in the comics though
  • Options
    Holros said:

If Okoye doesn't win I am definitely going with her,she looks cool,I don't really know about her in the comics though

I don't think her comic version is much different from her movie counterpart
  • Options
    TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★

If she draws her then i might consider it

I thought you and me were loyal members of the Hercules gang .. what is this behaviour??
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Because Hercules is gonna be another cosmic rampup champ. This year we have gotten Air-Walker, Terrax, and Red Goblin as our cosmic rampup champs and all of them are irritating to play.
  • Options
    Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    As if we need a Nebula/Cable hybrid with the usual low female champ health pool (how is scrap metal pasted all over somebody is actually considered "cooler" looking than classical Greek garb is beyond me), unless they make her XL or She Hulk like, I am going with the tank, Hercules!
  • Options

As if we need a Nebula/Cable hybrid with the usual low female champ health pool (how is scrap metal pasted all over somebody is actually considered "cooler" looking than classical Greek garb is beyond me), unless they make her XL or She Hulk like, I am going with the tank, Hercules!

Leather straps are not classical greek garb
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    BOLMETEUS said:

Meebleton said:

Ya leather straps will be lot cooler if they can hit much harder than a robot who picks up nanites through fights to regen.. all we will get will be double immunity and regen and a little bit higher base attack than nebula if omega sentinel comes out winner...
    And what do you get from Hercules? A guy that can punch kind of hard. I’ll take a robot that utilised nanites to alter her mechanics to deal with different threats thanks very much
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

BOLMETEUS said:

Meebleton said:

Ya leather straps will be lot cooler if they can hit much harder than a robot who picks up nanites through fights to regen.. all we will get will be double immunity and regen and a little bit higher base attack than nebula if omega sentinel comes out winner...
    And what do you get from Hercules? A guy that can punch kind of hard. I’ll take a robot that utilised nanites to alter her mechanics to deal with different threats thanks very much
    Yeah we all know basic brawler characters make the best champs in this game.....
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I'm not looking for a banging spanakopita or gyro recipe. I want a great champ to play