**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who should I awaken between void and archangel?

SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Posts: 216
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Have a generic gem and undecided between the two.

Who should I awaken between void and archangel? 73 votes

Void
50%
Diablos_NachoHammerbro_64BrokenpseudosaneWulfgar79UnidentifiedCreatureGrootman1294KnightZeroAleorheartbreakid_22MeebletonQacobX_Factor_AgentMoeyTehrOGAvengerDeaconSarvanga1_FrostyNickelBonzodavidMauled 37 votes
Archangel
49%
Alfa_PigeonNoodes_nameplasColonaut123Kill_GreyLordSmasherZuroAaronc94Thicco_ModeAstoundsUvoginBerjibsHassamaMamaPastorAmericaIronGladiator22SneakyWarriorChikelFluffy_pawsIntensity108W32 36 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Depends on what your roster looks like and how many sigs you could put into Void.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Void
    Wow.... That is a really tough choice
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Void
    I personally prefer void as a champion, but you can't go wrong there bud
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    I can’t stand void. I duped him but I haven’t even bothered ranking him up while archangel is amazing
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    Void
    They're both great options but I'd go with Void as he's more versatile than AA. The awakened ability increases his damage by a lot (provided you have a decent amount of sigs, if not then AA might the better option immediately, but I still think Void will do better in the long run) allows him to reverse healing and counter evade. Can't really go wrong with either option though
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★
    Void
    Void covers more fights, but he's kinda slow
    AA duped makes fights he covers end a lot faster
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    Wow, this is tough.

I have both at rank 5. Void is at max sig, while AA is at sig 112 (sweet spot sig 😉).

I love them both a lot! I use archangel more, but Void has really come in clutch for many scenarios, and is a staple on my war defense lineup, also the boss in my BG and doesn't get less than 3 kills per war.

Thy are both utility machines without a doubt, and I would say Void if you can get him to at least sig 160. As for AA, he's technically good at any sig level.
    Try to awaken them both, nevertheless.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Archangel
    Depends on roster and what you plan to do with your masteries. AA is much better with suicides than void and at some point you’ll get apoc (if not already) which will make that even better.

I think other champs can fill the utility void possesses. Champs like torch, warlock, doc oc, capiw, NT, colossus, Hyperion can all step in and cover void stuff. Not much replacement for AA’s complete ability shutdown incl nodes.

Purely my own experience but I’ve found as my roster fills out and I get further into content I’m using AA more and void less although I’m happy to have both and currently piling science sigs into void.

• Options
    Big_eggyBig_eggy Posts: 117
    Archangel
    For me this is a toss up, Archangel can do so much for your account, but so can Void. I use Archangel almost everywhere, if they can bled and poisoned he rips them apart like nothing. Then there’s your problem. If they’re immune he does nothing.
    On to Void. Void does a lot (like AA) and the only situation in which he’d suck (I think) is a debuff immune character which is rarer than someone who is either bleed or poison immune.
    Really I’d ask what content you’re doing and base it off that. Act 5, Archangel will do almost everything.
    If you’re asking for my opinion I’d have to say Archangel because seeing a character’s health tick away is so fun to watch.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Void
    I would lean towards Void because there is so much junk he gets past. But also AA does that too...

I guess Void because he has immunities and isn’t affected by anyone’s immunities (besides TM and EF, but they are exceptions)
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    I find Void a chore to put in my team. He's awesome against a few select match ups but AA has far more uses.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    @Aleor how does void cover more fights? Isnt he only used for regen/power gain fights?
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    I used mine on Void between him and Omega Red, I had Void at a higher rank and I had stockpiled science sig stones as I don't have anything worth investing them into and I barely had sig stones for Omega because they'd all go to Colossus and plus I didn't run suicides nor do I have a champion with Void's utility at this point.
  • Options
    SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Posts: 216
    Etjama said:

Depends on what your roster looks like and how many sigs you could put into Void.

• Options
    Archangel

Etjama said:

I don't think you need void that much. You've got warlock and torch who cover all that void does and much more.
    Lies! They can't counter evade, nor scenarios where you would need a fatigue debuff (like mordo). Torch's heal countering is situational, and depends on an aggressive playstyle, whereas Void can either be aggressive or passive, and still do a much better job than torch. Warlock just blocks, doesn't punish.
    And since when can either torch or Warlock counter passive power gain?
  • Options
    Archangel
    Torch and warlock can easily replace void for healing and they both finish fights much faster in most circumstances. Warlock punishes healing with powerdrain which enables you do do massive damage spamming heavies in the corner. MLM combos with torch is hardly taxing gameplay.

Warlock and torch don’t need despair allowing more aggressive mastery setups.

Magik can counter powergain.

Iceman, spidergwen or just decent gameplay can counter evade. I actually use warlock in evade matchups a lot as you can condense his damage down into single hits or two hit combos. I beat the green adaptoid for eg in v2 with him, one of the more annoying evade fights in the game.

You can beat mordo with most champs. If you need a fatigue debuff, void can still do that unduped.

• Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Void
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

I don't think you need void that much. You've got warlock and torch who cover all that void does and much more.
    Lies! They can't counter evade, nor scenarios where you would need a fatigue debuff (like mordo). Torch's heal countering is situational, and depends on an aggressive playstyle, whereas Void can either be aggressive or passive, and still do a much better job than torch. Warlock just blocks, doesn't punish.
    All truths.
    Warlock is a good evade counter not the best but void too isn't. Torch would smoke any mordo in the game and I have never seen any fight where you need fatigue debuff.
    Warlock also has decent power control and also he has got magik so I don't think that passive power gain is a problem for him.
  • Options
    Archangel
    Berjibs said:

Torch and warlock can easily replace void for healing and they both finish fights much faster in most circumstances. Warlock punishes healing with powerdrain which enables you do do massive damage spamming heavies in the corner. MLM combos with torch is hardly taxing gameplay.

Iceman, spidergwen or just decent gameplay can counter evade. I actually use warlock in evade matchups a lot as you can condense his damage down into single hits or two hit combos. I beat the green adaptoid for eg in v2 with him, one of the more annoying evade fights in the game.

You can beat mordo with most champs. If you need a fatigue debuff, void can still do that unduped.

Torch benefits from despair even more than Void does.

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

All truths.
    Warlock is a good evade counter not the best but void too isn't. Torch would smoke any mordo in the game and I have never seen any fight where you need fatigue debuff.
    Warlock also has decent power control and also he has got magik so I don't think that passive power gain is a problem for him.
    Do you guys not understand? You're basically saying that he needs 2-3 of those champs to fill the role of Void. Void can do what he does alone, and even better still.

Have you ever heard of 1% Regen electros? It's pretty much guaranteed that there's 1 or 2 in the game. Good luck using Torch or Warlock against them.
  • Options
    Void
    Berjibs said:

Your love of warlock equals mine. We are warlock bros man. How did you kill that adaptoid boss with warlock? I am stuck there myself. I tried with blade but I just couldn't do the dex in the corner thing.
    I was planning to use quake in that fight but if warlock can do that fight more easily it would be helpful for me.
  • Options
    Void
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

All truths.
    Do you guys not understand? You're basically saying that he needs 2-3 of those champs to fill the role of Void. Void can do what he does alone, and even better still.

Have you ever heard of 1% Regen electros? It's pretty much guaranteed that there's 1 or 2 in the game. Good luck using Torch or Warlock against them.
    You are not understanding. These champs do much more than that. We are just pointing out utilities that they have in common with void.
  • Options
    Archangel

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

All truths.

You are not understanding. These champs do much more than that. We are just pointing out utilities that they have in common with void.
    Understandable, but I assume you're not basing your opinions off of experience from playing with a high level Void.

If you have, you would probably understand my POV.
  • Options
    Archangel
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

All truths.

Torch doesn’t need despair. Read his abilities.

I’ve killed regen electro with warlock. Heavy spam and bleeds. Took damage but I killed him first and warlock can regen so all good.

Dude not saying void can’t do all that stuff but if you’ve already got it covered in your roster (which despite your protestations the OP does) then you can afford to invest in a champ like AA who does something you don’t have covered which is 100% ability reduction.

Ultimately it’s their decision, we are just trying to give good advice.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Archangel

Berjibs said:

Your love of warlock equals mine. We are warlock bros man. How did you kill that adaptoid boss with warlock? I am stuck there myself. I tried with blade but I just couldn't do the dex in the corner thing.
    I was planning to use quake in that fight but if warlock can do that fight more easily it would be helpful for me.
    Bait heavies and heavy counter mainly.

Hyperion is also a great counter, do you have him? A maxed 4* can do it.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Void
    Berjibs said:

Berjibs said:

Bait heavies and heavy counter mainly

Did he not evade any of them? Or if he evaded did the spacing become too big for him to counter?
  • Options
    Archangel

Berjibs said:

Berjibs said:

Bait heavies and heavy counter mainly

Did he not evade any of them? Or if he evaded did the spacing become too big for him to counter?
    Correct he wasn’t punishing those he evaded.
  • Options
    Archangel
    Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

All truths.

I’ve killed regen electro with warlock. Heavy spam and bleeds. Took damage but I killed him first and warlock can regen so all good.

Dude not saying void can’t do all that stuff but if you’ve already got it covered in your roster (which despite your protestations the OP does) then you can afford to invest in a champ like AA who does something you don’t have covered which is 100% ability reduction.

Void doesn't need despair either. And he benefits to a relatively lesser extent than Torch does.

I'm also not saying that Warlock can't do that electro, but Void can without needing to take chip damage.

Also yes, this thread is about AA and Void. It's you guys that brought up the other stuff.

Lastly, it's a poll. The results say a lot already. At this point, we're probably just confusing the OP with our "advice".
  • Options
    Void
    Berjibs said:

Berjibs said:

Bait heavies and heavy counter mainly.

Hyperion is also a great counter, do you have him? A maxed 4* can do it.

Yeah I have hype . Would take him as well.
    But sometimes adaptoid is too aggressive for me to gain 3 bars of power.
  • Options
    Void
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

All truths.

Void doesn't need despair either. And he benefits to a relatively lesser extent than Torch does.

I'm also not saying that Warlock can't do that electro, but Void can without needing to take chip damage.

Also yes, this thread is about AA and Void. It's you guys that brought up the other stuff.

Lastly, it's a poll. The results say a lot already. At this point, we're probably just confusing the OP with our "advice".
    We guys brought up the other stuff ?! I just said he didn't need void that much right now.So he would be better off ranking up AA.You were the one who took it personal and started arguing.