**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should act four's 2 energy per tile be permanent?

Comments

• Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Nah, this has been asked, in poll form, before and has been shut down. I'm kinda surprised the mods haven't shut this down. I'd be for them dropping the energy cost because I haven't 100% yet. But it ain't happening.
  • DarkDark Posts: 60
    Give a toy to Mcoc community and they will ask again and again
  • EB54EB54 Posts: 77
    The old willpower got me thru my first run of act 4. That was a game changer but it was nerfed before I could 100%.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    No.
    Like magrailothos said, act 4 was the main end content thing back then. But changing it to 2 energy per tile would just make it into act 3 lol, there a big difference between act3 and ac4. Act 4 is where these noobs can start to learn a bit of skill for themselves, more time for practice and it just wouldn't be fair, should stay permanently at 3 energy per tile..unless kabam wants to nerf act 4 one more damn time lmao.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    No.
    I've completed it, so no haha.

But Act 5 should be. Or they should cut half the travelling needed, it sucks using 12 energy to move with no fights being had, maybe 1 energy per tile, but if the next tile is a fight it can take 3?
  • I've completed it, so no haha.

But Act 5 should be. Or they should cut half the travelling needed, it sucks using 12 energy to move with no fights being had, maybe 1 energy per tile, but if the next tile is a fight it can take 3?

No disrespect, but you're asking for too much.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    4.3.3 Juggernaut had Slashed Tires, Poison, every 7 seconds for 32 seconds I think.

Venom in 4.3.6 had the same Poison. Then there are his buffs and the ability to use his 3rd special when yiu explore one half of the map.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Yes.
    Wow there's a lot of complaining by the senior citizens in here:

The new players have it too easy.

Juggernaut was tougher in my day.

I had to use more energy when I did it.

They should have to grind like we did.

The rewards are better now.

Do you know what guys? (And I say this as someone who's been around since version 1.1, and was actually doing Act 4 when version 12 came out)

Bull.

When act four came out, you had no further to go. It was the end content for a long time, so 3 energy per move made sense. It needed to occupy you for a long time. That's not the case any more.

And do you know what else you had?

Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch when they were awesome.
    Black widow when she was reliable.
    Vision when he worked.
    Willpower before it got nerfed.
    No Challenger rating.
    Less severe diminishing returns.
    Block proficiency synergy teams.
    Arena crystals that actually gave you full energy refills on a regular basis.
    Maps that also frequently gave you full energy revives, L2 revives and heal potions.
    No other calls on your energy (no monthly events, no RtL, no LoL)

----

I thought it was a great idea, and there was clear evidence on the forums: there were lots of threads asking how to do act 4, how to manage certain paths, how to beat certain champs. That's all gone now because people have stopped doing it again, because of the massive energy cost.

The best evidence for dropping the energy requirements is right there: people were actually playing it again. Ultimately, isn't that the point?

Thank you!!!

Yes, some things have gotten easier, but other things have been made much harder for us "noobs." In addition to what you mentioned, the AI at higher levels has been sped up, and those champs that are easier for us to play with are also the much harder champs that we have to fight against in the monthly quests. And on top of all of that, we have to deal with the constant bugs since the 12.0 problems started.

Back to the original post, it would be nice if they reduced the energy costs across all the events, but I don't see that happening. I have never understood why they make these quests take so long. It makes even less sense for AQ. There is no way to abuse short wait times. The quest doesn't end until the time runs out. You can't take more than one route. There isn't any benefit other than keeping our champs locked for longer.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Yes.

He's asking for what hurt him. If things affect him then it's a reasonable petition (despite actually do is a madness).

That is the problem with many people replying this thread (and almost any suggestion thread), if the suggestion don't help them or (worse) help someone else then they fire it. It's sad some people is so jealous and short vision.
    When act four came out, you had no further to go. It was the end content for a long time, so 3 energy per move made sense. It needed to occupy you for a long time. That's not the case any more.

Maps that also frequently gave you full energy revives, L2 revives and heal potions.
    I thought it was a great idea, and there was clear evidence on the forums: there were lots of threads asking how to do act 4, how to manage certain paths, how to beat certain champs. That's all gone now because people have stopped doing it again, because of the massive energy cost.

The best evidence for dropping the energy requirements is right there: people were actually playing it again. Ultimately, isn't that the point?

Awesome.

I should add, I'm playing this game almost one year, I've not completed Act 1, Why? Because rewards sucks and my time is already ate by Arenas and the energy is ate grinding catas and the Monthly Quest.
    I have not gone right to ROL and LOL just because it's unplayable for me with the game stuttering and bugs, but Acts (except the new one maybe) are just the poor and ugly content in the current game.

Reduce the energy cost is necessary because the current energy costs discourage people to play content, and Kabam want and needed people playing its content.

At the Stark missions days and I was suggesting either the energy cost should be reduced either the energy timer should be reduced either the max energy should be rised up either the energy refill should have better drop rates and better prices. Or everything.
    Why? Again, because there's so many content (good for Kabam) and the same energy that people cannot do it, then they should think priorities choosing what content to do and never to do.
    That month I just did Heroic for MQ and Expert/Heroic for Starks missions.

People should understand too, despite it "don't hurt them" (directly) and/or it "just help the newbies", the game is growing and becoming harder, the old content (and their rewards) become obsoleted And (the most important) the game should be gentle for new and low tier players, Why? Because this growed/harded game is a huger climb that will discourage newbies to stay playing and everyone need more people joining the pool, otherwise everyone will be screwed because no one want to be in the base (playing the same or hard but) eating the scrap rewards (*), so everyone will start quitting and it will hurt you early or later.

(*) just remember most rewards in this game aren't exactly according your skill/strength/effort but mostly according your position in the pyramid. If you climb the pyramid you see the ilusition it was because you pushed hard, but it's just because many people is joining the base (and sometimes because someone on the top is taking a break or quitting).
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    No.
    I_am_Groot wrote: »

He's asking for what hurt him. If things affect him then it's a reasonable petition (despite actually do is a madness).

That is the problem with many people replying this thread (and almost any suggestion thread), if the suggestion don't help them or (worse) help someone else then they fire it. It's sad some people is so jealous

Dude, are you being serious? It doesn't affect me then it doesn't bother me.

My points are valid, they proper place way too many tiles for 3requirement each move... what I said is based on something else I said about them adding additional quests after Master in another thread, and also no need to 100% heroic before doing Master.

You haven't even completed an act, not even Act 1, so your point isn't even valid as you don't even do questing
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    What are you trying to accomplish with this poll?
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    No.
    That's a dumb question lol
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    No.
    Why is this even a question? Not to be selfish, but many of us had to use the max amount of energy to get through it while others want to do it for less? Where is the fairness among players?

Sad thing is most of Act 4 has been nerfed and 100x easier now. Many players will never know the struggle of the amount of units it took to get through "Super Juggs" alone, let alone the other nerfed content. Theres already a heavy injustice to players who went through it before the nerf.
    edited September 2017
    No.

The new players have it too easy.

Juggernaut was tougher in my day.

I had to use more energy when I did it.

They should have to grind like we did.

The rewards are better now.

Do you know what guys? (And I say this as someone who's been around since version 1.1, and was actually doing Act 4 when version 12 came out)

Bull.

And do you know what else you had?

Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch when they were awesome.
    Black widow when she was reliable.
    Vision when he worked.
    Willpower before it got nerfed.
    No Challenger rating.
    Less severe diminishing returns.
    Block proficiency synergy teams.

----

Thank you!!!

Yes, some things have gotten easier, but other things have been made much harder for us "noobs." In addition to what you mentioned, the AI at higher levels has been sped up, and those champs that are easier for us to play with are also the much harder champs that we have to fight against in the monthly quests. And on top of all of that, we have to deal with the constant bugs since the 12.0 problems started.

Back to the original post, it would be nice if they reduced the energy costs across all the events, but I don't see that happening. I have never understood why they make these quests take so long. It makes even less sense for AQ. There is no way to abuse short wait times. The quest doesn't end until the time runs out. You can't take more than one route. There isn't any benefit other than keeping our champs locked for longer.

That still doesn't make Act 4 harder than what it was before. And as far as your argument people are complaining about that in Act 5. So when they finish Act 5 and than you finally reach it, should they nerf that and make more changes for you?
    No.
    Dark wrote: »
    Give a toy to Mcoc community and they will ask again and again

Give some an inch and they will always ask for a mile
    No.

And with this thread you don't feel you are? LOL
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    No.
    They will just keep asking for nerfed content because they don’t a challenge or don’t want to put the time in. I did act 4 before it was nerfed with 3/30 4*. Never used revives either. I thought it was fun and challenging and it took me about 3 months to finish it
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    They will just keep asking for nerfed content because they don’t a challenge or don’t want to put the time in. I did act 4 before it was nerfed with 3/30 4*. Never used revives either. I thought it was fun and challenging and it took me about 3 months to finish it

No revives? How'd you get past Juggernaut and Venom?
    edited September 2017
    No.
    Ultron, sw, and wolvie on juggs. Mostly ultron. And Ronan on venom with infinite stun lock
    No.
    Ultron might have been my only 4/40 at the time. Yeah he had to have been since I did rol first
    No.
    I might have used a couple during exploration but not the juggs path
  • R4GE wrote: »

And with this thread you don't feel you are? LOL

I'm asking a question. I've also already 100% explored act 4. LOL
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Yes.
    R4GE wrote: »
    That still doesn't make Act 4 harder than what it was before. And as far as your argument people are complaining about that in Act 5. So when they finish Act 5 and than you finally reach it, should they nerf that and make more changes for you?

I didn't say Act 4 was harder than it was before, and I didn't say they should nerf it. You are intentionally misquoting me to make your point. I said it would be nice if they would reduce the energy cost for everyone, but I don't see it happening.
    No.
    R4GE wrote: »

I didn't say Act 4 was harder than it was before, and I didn't say they should nerf it. You are intentionally misquoting me to make your point. I said it would be nice if they would reduce the energy cost for everyone, but I don't see it happening.

I didn't mis quote you at all. I didn't say you asked for it to be nerfed. I said it was already nerfed. You argued it was harder now because of the glitches or bugs and I stated thats not even close to true. Before the nerf it was the worst and after the nerf it is still easier today regardless of bugs.
    No.
    And there is no point to be made. Its common knowledge Act 4 now is 100x easier now than it was before. Some just needed to be reminded.
    edited September 2017
    No.

EDIT: Sorry, that was a rude comment and I chose to remove it.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Yes.
    Its still not that easy.
  • unknown wrote: »
    Its still not that easy.

If you believe that to be the case, I suggest building your roster a little more before trying it again.