**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    SwainbeatsSwainbeats Posts: 21
    I expected them to be better but not that lopsided.
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297
    First you screw us with the RNG and now you screw us with deals that we can’t get in unless we were lucky enough with the RNG Way to go Kvamme screw over the faithful again
  • Options
    It’s funny how all the people they got lucky with either a champ good enough to rank or a T5 cc did they actually have a chance to rank now gets 10 times more than anybody else for the same money spent way to go
  • Options
    So much for “integrity of the game” like you always put in your posts
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

How did I know this would come? Lol.

@GroundedWisdom genuinely interested to hear what you think but correct me if I'm wrong.. you're not cav yet?
    I am.
    The Deals are pretty bomb considering what you get for what you spend. Not sure why people are comparing them to July 4th. Two different ball games. What I think the real issue is, is that people expected them to get them to Thronebreaker, and that was an assumption.

This would be a part of why people expected that. The language is more than just suggestive of that notion.

It’s fine that TB get sweet deals. But it’s totally not fine that the team decides to dump on other progression tiers. Progression titles in game have always seemed ad hoc, uneven and in some respects, self-serving, and this type of offer stratification reinforces that idea.

Dr. Zola
    The Email said THIS is your chance. As in do it in time for the Sale. Which is why that was sent out before it dropped. Why can we always predict that people are going to complain about these things? It's not because we assume they will. It's because people put in double-time developing all kinds of expectations. Expectations inevitably lead to disappointment. Assuming they would include the means to hit Thronebreaker was just an assumption. Let's detach and look at it logically. Let's say they do include it. Then we have a large pocket of people who are at Thronebreaker, and much sooner down the road, we need another progression separator. Look at the availability of T5CCs. They're not going to open the flood gates all in one day. That's insanity, at the very least from a design standpoint.
    First: You apparently look at the email as if it were a PSA. I look at it as if it were a promo piece intended to stoke demand for in-game stuff during one of the game’s biggest revenue events.

There was an entire thread surrounding this particular email and how the offers would be stratified. The team knew there was concern about the offers in general (because there always is around BF offers), and there was ample opportunity for any member of the team to make the points you are making prior to Black Friday. They didn’t, to my knowledge.

Second: This is a for-profit phone game, not the Olympics. I’m tired of people talking about titles as if they are sacrosanct or involve some sort of act by the Papacy. They are not and they do not. I would guess that progression titles were more or less ginned up to sell more stuff—stuff that gets sold everywhere anyway. Just last week, they sold 10% T5c selectors for $50 with a limit of 2. Anyone who has completed Act 6 and done all the Cavalier EQ content (but not Abyss) and has had even marginal luck is close to a single T5c and could have used one or more of those deals—without ever buying any other T5c deals—to form a full T5c. If you bought every single T5c selector offer, I suspect you might even be to form a full T5c without even doing any Cav EQ content or Abyss. With that in mind, it is hard for me to see how the TB/R3 requirement is anything more than arbitrary.

Third: I had low to no expectations. And still I was disappointed. That’s quite an accomplishment.

Dr. Zola
    So......people made an assumption and it was their fault? That about it?
    That IS the requirement. You can justify it however you like, but that's what's required for the Title. Those are the markers. The proverbial lines in the sand. In this case, those that have an R3 and have completed Act 6, and those that haven't. You might think it's arbitrary, but necessary it remains.
    Not sure how the point got lost, but I think we were talking about the offers and how they were promoted.

My point is that not only did the team appear to suggest their offers would help progression, but that even the arguments made regarding the sanctity of progression titles are undermined by efforts to monetize them.

I’m guessing from reactions to said offers—here and elsewhere—that I’m not alone in my interpretation.

Dr. Zola
    Nowhere did they say the Offers would get people to Thronebreaker. That was an assumption people made.
    Did they literally, explicitly, without and qualification say: “These offers will get you Thronebreaker!” No, of course not.

I’m beginning to think I’m arguing with Drax here...

Dr. Zola
    When you're talking about insinuating it's their fault people assumed as much, then literally, explicitly applies here.
  • Options
    DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    The units deal not that good. As I progress in the game, 5 stars just dont make me pull out my wallet. Need t5cc I did buy a few deals was expecting to buy much more. Kabaam need feedback from your customers play attention to this thread.
  • Options
    relliKraDrelliKraD Posts: 43
    Honestly the t5cc in the cav deals should have been selectors to help the cav players get their their first rank 3 and achieve TB
  • Options
    ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    I'm a f2p Cavalier player, I am at the Grandmaster quest and I will do it next week. The rewards that I'll get from it are better even than some of the units ones. On 4th of July I grinded my life for 1k units in 3 days and I still got trash. This time I'm not even trying to grind them because it's worthless. I wanted to grind for units from a couple of months ago but I used them in act 6 and it was a better decision doing so. Cav players have been mega f***ed this time.
  • Options
    TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★

@GroundedWisdom genuinely interested to hear what you think but correct me if I'm wrong.. you're not cav yet?
    I am.
    The Deals are pretty bomb considering what you get for what you spend. Not sure why people are comparing them to July 4th. Two different ball games. What I think the real issue is, is that people expected them to get them to Thronebreaker, and that was an assumption.
    Has to be a troll post. I can't even think you're being serious.
    What Cavalier player who's at 6.3+ needs T4b from a unit deal? Please check the deals first. Read them clearly and then come back.
    Let's look at this logically. They come out with a new bar to hit which separates Players based on progress. You have the biggest sale of the year coming up where loads of people spend, and the most rare Resource in the game is needed. Do you think they're going to add it so that many people can hit it all at once? Is it even a bar anymore?

Lormif said:

Wouldn’t have it been a better idea to cater Cav deals to helping them progress to TB. I am sure 90% of Cav players would have bought some making Kabam a ton of money.

If you made it so that a combination of deals guaranteed a 6* r3 rank up, you would have made double what you made/will make this weekend.

Instead you have now irritated a large group of players with pitiful offers and turning away buyers. In one of my alliances it’s been categorically stated that none of us are buying any of the offers.

I feel let down as a Cav player.

And in the process Throne breaker would have been a pointless title. What Cavs got was ****, but they were not going to make the new title pointless.
    You see this is where you are wrong. TB is purely a cash grab title. The only difference between a Cav player who has Act6 complete and a TB IS THE 6*r3. Plain and simple. There is no extra story content that a TB player has completed. There is nothing between them other than 1 ranked champion. That’s it. There is no denying that.

So by giving those players access to materials needed become TB does not diminish TB at all. TB was diminished the moment they made it require a ranked champion. A lot of people on the verge of becoming TB needed a selector to get the right class. Putting that in (more than 15% 3x5’s) would have gone a long way.

To have a cash grab title but not put cash grab deals up is ludicrous.

Tell me what really separates a Cav player and TB when they both have Act6 complete. And if it’s something other than a ranked champion then your response holds weight. If not.....
    Preach! I agree with you 100% & honestly it's a shame.
  • Options
    C_Hype84C_Hype84 Posts: 41
    masslove said:

C_Hype84 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

I am.

This would be a part of why people expected that. The language is more than just suggestive of that notion.

It’s fine that TB get sweet deals. But it’s totally not fine that the team decides to dump on other progression tiers. Progression titles in game have always seemed ad hoc, uneven and in some respects, self-serving, and this type of offer stratification reinforces that idea.

Dr. Zola
    The Email said THIS is your chance. As in do it in time for the Sale. Which is why that was sent out before it dropped. Why can we always predict that people are going to complain about these things? It's not because we assume they will. It's because people put in double-time developing all kinds of expectations. Expectations inevitably lead to disappointment. Assuming they would include the means to hit Thronebreaker was just an assumption. Let's detach and look at it logically. Let's say they do include it. Then we have a large pocket of people who are at Thronebreaker, and much sooner down the road, we need another progression separator. Look at the availability of T5CCs. They're not going to open the flood gates all in one day. That's insanity, at the very least from a design standpoint.
    First: You apparently look at the email as if it were a PSA. I look at it as if it were a promo piece intended to stoke demand for in-game stuff during one of the game’s biggest revenue events.

There was an entire thread surrounding this particular email and how the offers would be stratified. The team knew there was concern about the offers in general (because there always is around BF offers), and there was ample opportunity for any member of the team to make the points you are making prior to Black Friday. They didn’t, to my knowledge.

Second: This is a for-profit phone game, not the Olympics. I’m tired of people talking about titles as if they are sacrosanct or involve some sort of act by the Papacy. They are not and they do not. I would guess that progression titles were more or less ginned up to sell more stuff—stuff that gets sold everywhere anyway. Just last week, they sold 10% T5c selectors for $50 with a limit of 2. Anyone who has completed Act 6 and done all the Cavalier EQ content (but not Abyss) and has had even marginal luck is close to a single T5c and could have used one or more of those deals—without ever buying any other T5c deals—to form a full T5c. If you bought every single T5c selector offer, I suspect you might even be to form a full T5c without even doing any Cav EQ content or Abyss. With that in mind, it is hard for me to see how the TB/R3 requirement is anything more than arbitrary.

Third: I had low to no expectations. And still I was disappointed. That’s quite an accomplishment.

Dr. Zola
    So......people made an assumption and it was their fault? That about it?
    That IS the requirement. You can justify it however you like, but that's what's required for the Title. Those are the markers. The proverbial lines in the sand. In this case, those that have an R3 and have completed Act 6, and those that haven't. You might think it's arbitrary, but necessary it remains.
    Not sure how the point got lost, but I think we were talking about the offers and how they were promoted.

My point is that not only did the team appear to suggest their offers would help progression, but that even the arguments made regarding the sanctity of progression titles are undermined by efforts to monetize them.

I’m guessing from reactions to said offers—here and elsewhere—that I’m not alone in my interpretation.

Dr. Zola
    Nowhere did they say the Offers would get people to Thronebreaker. That was an assumption people made.
    Understand when they bring another tier level you would automatically assume they would try and make the most money off of it. So everyone had the right to assume that T5CC would’ve been apart of the Cav deals!! Guess you don’t understand that🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Every Cav player who was going to spend hoped on 25% T5 selector to become TB...but all we really received was Kabam Love
    Exactly. Sooooo much money lost it’s insane. I would’ve definitely dropped some coin to get Thronebreaker. Lol
  • Options
    DOCTOR_d00bDOCTOR_d00b Posts: 9
    Watch them release a "Thronebreaker breakthru bundle!" On the last day of the sale to try and get us to get that T5CC Selector. Kascammed. We should go give them a 1* rating on the app store, that'll teach them.
  • Options
    Kabam’s plan to cash in is backfiring. They thought shafting Cav players would get them to wanna spend to progress, instead they turned a lot of us into ftp players. Will the slight increase in thronebreaker spend offset all the Cavs not spending? Guess Kabam will let us know with their next move. For me, I’m officially done spending on this game after today, so I guess a thank you is in order? lol
This discussion has been closed.