**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Its just so absurd the different in offers, its just so hard to get around the fact that one smaller group pays $30 for a nexus and this other huge group pays $100 for the same thing when most have done the same content.

100% agree. If I were to try this with my business I’m pretty sure I’d be staring at a discrimination lawsuit.
    Yes, business that give discounts to certain customers due to memberships or frequent business get sued for discrimination all the time...
    Is TB based on a “membership” or frequent business? I must have missed that. People are spending the same amount and getting different stuff, that’s far from the same as your examples. Keep trying though
    It's not though. It's paying less based on some arbitrary qualifier. In this instance it's having a R3 and completing 6.4. In my examples it's frequent business or a membership. Completely the same thing but keep trying to work out your own mental gymnastics to figure out how this is some egregious wrongdoing.
  • Options
    You're not being wronged bc of something out of your control, your race, nationally, or a condition you were born with. Equating this to actual discrimination suits has got to be one of the dumbest things I've read here in quite some time. Considering what's been flying around the forum the last few days, that's quite impressive.
  • Options
    Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Its just so absurd the different in offers, its just so hard to get around the fact that one smaller group pays $30 for a nexus and this other huge group pays $100 for the same thing when most have done the same content.

100% agree. If I were to try this with my business I’m pretty sure I’d be staring at a discrimination lawsuit.
    Yes, business that give discounts to certain customers due to memberships or frequent business get sued for discrimination all the time...
    Is TB based on a “membership” or frequent business? I must have missed that. People are spending the same amount and getting different stuff, that’s far from the same as your examples. Keep trying though
    It's not though. It's paying less based on some arbitrary qualifier. In this instance it's having a R3 and completing 6.4. In my examples it's frequent business or a membership. Completely the same thing but keep trying to work out your own mental gymnastics to figure out how this is some egregious wrongdoing.
    Because if someone else has done the same amount of content (frequent business) but doesn’t have the R3 because of rng, they are entitled to less? Your arguments don’t hold water and frankly it’s exactly what is wrong with this community. You sit on message boards (quite a few as well) and argue about why you deserve more than others. Again, no one said you don’t deserve TB or whatever else. Frankly it’s exactly why I usually avoid these forums altogether. It’s frankly not worth the time to argue with a wall. Dr. Zola is a prime example of someone that was wronged, not me. I’ve only been playing for a little bit and frankly don’t spend much on the game either way.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

I would take a guess and say that most of these people had no issue with the deals when they were getting the highest tier and uncollected players were excluded. They got shafted this time to be sure, and I don't want to negate that. But I find the argument disingenuous when they weren't making it 5 months ago.
    Of course they didn't care then.
  • Options
    Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Because if someone else has done the same amount of content (frequent business) but doesn’t have the R3 because of rng, they are entitled to less? Your arguments don’t hold water and frankly it’s exactly what is wrong with this community. You sit on message boards (quite a few as well) and argue about why you deserve more than others. Again, no one said you don’t deserve TB or whatever else. Frankly it’s exactly why I usually avoid these forums altogether. It’s frankly not worth the time to argue with a wall. Dr. Zola is a prime example of someone that was wronged, not me. I’ve only been playing for a little bit and frankly don’t spend much on the game either way.
    People aren't doing the same content though. They're not pushing in AQ or AW maximizing catalyst and shard intake. They haven't explored act 6 in lots of cases and basically no one that's up in arms has explored abyss. You can focus all you like on the one specific complete 6.4 PART of the requirement. That doesn't change the fact there's a whole other half and if players have not and still to this day are not doing what is required to minimize the impact of chance on meeting that requirement, then yes it's much harder for me to have lots of sympathy for them.

I'm also curious what other message boards there even are let alone which you seem to think I'm in.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Nix2222 said:

Texas_11 said:

Nix2222 said:

Texas_11 said:

DrZola said:

Texas_11 said:

I see the issue when people compare 4th of July deals. The confusion was Kabam made that offer to benefit top tier players now known as “ thronebreaker ” and cavalier players alike. That was the issue they were facing as a company. someone who just beat the collector were able to get the rewards as someone who just 100% abyss. As a result the rewards became inflated because they were targeting a large audience. Cavalier players got spoiled with rewards designs for two groups. All Kabam did was separate them.

The T5cc deals are not very relevant. They are small usually 4500 a pop, unless you have a steady flow coming in, it won’t make or break your account.

Kabam has made it clear they want to separate the players and I’m sure they did this because cavalier players were able to progress significantly faster then what they should have been, next thing you know , you have players beating act 6 with R3 champs. You see this happening in older content where people are going into act 6.1 and even 100% act 5 with 2-3 5/65 champs. Once they get to the level of a true thronebreaker, they don’t have the skills to complete it.

We saw this happen with the champion boss and players quit. In order to progress the struggling cavalier players they actually nerfed the content to push more players into higher tier progression.

I guess my point is , cavalier players benefited a ton from top tier players because Kabam bundled deals.

I think it is unwise to lump all Cav players in together. What you are suggesting is a type of coattails argument—that Cavs were mostly too unlucky, or too cheap or too “lazy” or just bought their way through and have been able to ride the coattails of the deserving go-getters until TB separated the wheat from the chaff—and now the non-TBs are just angry to be off the gravy train.

It’s a seductive line of reasoning, especially if you believe you are one of the deserving go-getters. I would suggest that the pool of deserving go-getters is far smaller than the pool of TBs.

Dr. Zola
    You are right . I shouldn’t have lumped them together. But people were expecting to drop max odins on the throne-breaker. I wouldn’t call it riding a coattail as much as just an inheritance of circumstances. I believe I am deserving go better as I have all the content done. I don’t believe that cavalier should benefit anymore until they stretch their roster out.
    This is what I can’t stand- a sense of entitlement and belief that they deserve more than others. Worry about yourself and your own progression, not what others do or get. I’ve never seen so many entitled people trying to tell other people what they do/don’t deserve.
    But you can have an opinion? Entitlement ? I earned them. Also, I think for the sake of the game it is important for players of all tiers to contribute.
    Not saying you can’t have an opinion, just not sure why some people focus on other people’s progression. I never said people don’t deserve things, I love seeing others achieve milestones, you did by stating that others don’t deserve something until they broaden their rosters. That is the difference to me. So many people worried about what others get. That’s where the entitlement came in.
    Sorry for coming off that way, but as a 100% player I am concerned with the progression levels because it doesn’t feel as rewarding when someone else can get a title and be on the same level as you. Like wise I love seeing progressing players and you will see me on the forum advising. I’m worried about what others get because it almost means to me that my work was for nothing. Form a throne beaker perspective, it doesn’t seem right that I have 8 R3 6* and someone can just do half the work and earn the title. I’m Happy to contain the conversation without insults. If you need me to clarify let me know.

The issue is now cavaliers are stuck with elders bane.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

I would take a guess and say that most of these people had no issue with the deals when they were getting the highest tier and uncollected players were excluded. They got shafted this time to be sure, and I don't want to negate that. But I find the argument disingenuous when they weren't making it 5 months ago.
    I would argue the difference between 5 months ago and today's offers are because 5 months ago you needed to complete content alone to gain the cavalier title. Now you need to not only complete content but have rng bless you with a worthy champ to rank as well as the correct t4cc. If thronebreaker was based solely off content completion I would 100% agree with you.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

They're literally meaningful, difficult to obtain, and specific to content.

What content are they specific to? 100% story can potentially net someone the cat but rng can be r3 groot, og dd, og cap, pat, fixit or diablo. If you want to r3 those champs as I seen on forums someone loves diablo and did it cause he wants to that is fantastic but forcing anyone to rank that person is not. I am a lowly cav that does the 4* challenge itemless, nerfed act 6 champion i was doing 2 lanes in 1 go to save time itemless (bar refills not even a boost). It's a kick in the teeth seeing people that only ran through act 6 but bought all the cats available be further in progress than me. No biggie figure i could use this cyber weekend get some resources that help my act 6 push and more items that truly help my account to boot. I personally didn't ask for much just not a stupid r5 gem but the cats instead and swap that t5 random to a selector.

I'm at 50% of every single t5c
    7 r2 6*
    12 r5 5* (with 2 gems that meh I'll get around to)
    19 r4 5*

31 6* in general 4 duped with rhulk at 60 dupe

And I can very easily have to decide (if I get t5c skill) if I want to r3 og dd for the title.

Not all cavalier are the same that is for sure. Titles should never include rng.
    That's just it. Someone can make the argument that the Meta Champs are all that matter, Kabam shouldn't make garbage, no way in hell I'm taking an IP to R3, yadda, yadda, yadda. The fact is, that's a choice. The RNG argument only stretches as far as getting a Cat and having a Champ of that Class. It's still a choice not to Rank what we have.
  • Options
    Dshu said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

I would argue the difference between 5 months ago and today's offers are because 5 months ago you needed to complete content alone to gain the cavalier title. Now you need to not only complete content but have rng bless you with a worthy champ to rank as well as the correct t4cc. If thronebreaker was based solely off content completion I would 100% agree with you.
    The content it's supposed to be behind doesn't exist yet bc they had to stop for months and fiddle with Act 6 to cater to a lot of the people complaining this weekend.
  • Options
    Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

I typed out an actual response to this and then edited a typo which caused it to be sent for approval due to quotes with long chains being edited needing to be approved for some reason here. Not typing it all again
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Dshu said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

The content it's supposed to be behind doesn't exist yet bc they had to stop for months and fiddle with Act 6 to cater to a lot of the people complaining this weekend.
    I understand that. Still doesn't justify locking players behind an rng based wall. The statement i responded to was why wasn't there a problem 5 moths ago with the difference. The answer was 5 months ago the title wasn't locked behind rng. Yes you can rank 3 any champ but with a limited resource like t5cc is it really worth it. Kabam would have been better off holding the thronebreaker title for those who complete some part of act 7 than putting out a requirement that is affected by rng.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020

Dshu said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Another way to put this is “they did such a terrible job understanding their players and designing content that they had to stop altogether and delay for months.”

And let’s not oversell it. They made about 4 changes to random fights in 6.1 and 6.2, and lopped off some attack nodes. They also lied about nerfing 6.1 and 6.2 attack values to foster goodwill before July 4.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Dshu said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Nix2222 said:

Nix2222 said:

Another way to put this is “they did such a terrible job understanding their players and designing content that they had to stop altogether and delay for months.”
    OR, they did such a bad job letting players blast through earlier content with one or two champs so that the first time they got to something difficult they had a fit about it and had to change it due to a large number of players thinking they were a lot farther along than they actually were.

It's probably somewhere in the middle but as long as we're playing the twist things to fit our argument...
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Totally agree with dshu right there. Also, to the trolls out arguing against this obvious injustice, saying that were all just complaining because act 6 was too hard and they had to nerf it and that's why thronebreaker is locked behind an R3, what do you say to us that beat act 6 pre-nerf and have just gotten exact rng? I.E. true 1/6 on all are cc crystals and therefore no one total to use?
  • Options

Totally agree with dshu right there. Also, to the trolls out arguing against this obvious injustice, saying that were all just complaining because act 6 was too hard and they had to nerf it and that's why thronebreaker is locked behind an R3, what do you say to us that beat act 6 pre-nerf and have just gotten exact rng? I.E. true 1/6 on all are cc crystals and therefore no one total to use?

If you explored act 6 fully pre nerf and still didn't have a viable R3, I have a hard time believing that (definitely possible but I find it unlikely so apologizes if I'm wrong).

If that is the case, you unfortunately fell victim to the massive slow down in new story content being released. I've said that I'm sure there are some unlucky outliers out there and I legitimately feel for you if you fall under that description.

There was and still is Abyss to look to in that situation though. If you managed to explore pre nerf Act 6, Abyss should be nothing more than a time suck for you
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Obviously I wish the offers had built upon Fourth of July, and this was a huge disappointment. Better communication could have prevented this outcry in a number of different times/places.

Forums will never solve title complaints.
    Uncollected was first.
    Cavalier after that.
    Kings of the game are now Thronebreaker.

Kabam needs to plan ahead.
    A player’s skill should trump all.
    Buying stuff will always be part of the game.
    Anyone can hopefully overcome that eventually.
    Making t5cc less random solves that problem.

Edit: having the TB requirement built around accruing a certain amount of t5cc would’ve been another workaround. I could 100% variant 5 and 6, 6.1 and 6.2 and wind up with 25% of 4 different classes. Ouch.
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    I bought the offers hoping i would get closer to having a fully formed T5CC and I instantly regretted the decision after RNG didn't go my way. After opening everything I felt as if i decided to go to the Casino and spend 500.00 and lost it all. Horrible feeling. My own fault but I can tell you right now with Christmas around the corner I don't plan to spend a dime on the gifting event this year and I usually spend a few hundred dollars. As well if I had not just sank all of that money into the game I would have just outright quit. Now i'm stuck somewhere in between. I'll be playing so I don't feel like I wasted my money on nothing but I don't know how enjoyable that will really be. My own fault. Likely won't make Thronebreaker until months from now...not because of my skill level but because of bad RNG. There is something wrong with that picture. RNG plays a good portion of the game I get that but when the requirement to progress is weighted so much on RNG skilled players are getting punished because of no fault of their own.

Gotta enjoy all those expiring T2A's because of the lack of T5B in the offers so I can't rank anyone up.
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Starhawk said:

I bought the offers hoping i would get closer to having a fully formed T5CC and I instantly regretted the decision after RNG didn't go my way. After opening everything I felt as if i decided to go to the Casino and spend 500.00 and lost it all. Horrible feeling. My own fault but I can tell you right now with Christmas around the corner I don't plan to spend a dime on the gifting event this year and I usually spend a few hundred dollars. As well if I had not just sank all of that money into the game I would have just outright quit. Now i'm stuck somewhere in between. I'll be playing so I don't feel like I wasted my money on nothing but I don't know how enjoyable that will really be. My own fault. Likely won't make Thronebreaker until months from now...not because of my skill level but because of bad RNG. There is something wrong with that picture. RNG plays a good portion of the game I get that but when the requirement to progress is weighted so much on RNG skilled players are getting punished because of no fault of their own.

Gotta enjoy all those expiring T2A's because of the lack of T5B in the offers so I can't rank anyone up.

Use your glory on t5b. That’s what I did for months. Now I’m in the opposite position of too much t5b and not enough t2a...solution...glory store.
  • Options
    I had a word censored from my post that corresponds to the current American president. That was confusing.
This discussion has been closed.