**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you guys have a journey/story of pulling a champ you were hunting for a long time ?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
For me - I was hunting Hulkbuster or Warlock for 3 months ...went roughly through 25 crystals (mix of basic and duals) . Started opening cosmic tech only until i pulled him and the feeling was grt when i pulled HB finally lol..

Comments

• 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I went hard with my saved units for hitmonkey cavs
    Didn’t pull him but did pull a dup on my capiw 6*
    And 5 or so other 6* (20k units I was saving for cyber weekend... glad I didn’t save now)
    And even completed act 6 to open a feature 6*

Pulled tigra instead. Which turned out to be a way better pull

And then pulled a nexus 5* off a cav, and then got hitmonkey from that nexus

Was hunting hitmonkey since his release and sadly when I got him I wasn’t really jazzed about him
    I like him but I turned out liking tigra way way better
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

I never get what im looking for. I just make use of who i get.

This kinda applies to me lol. I don't get exactly what I'm looking for, but I still get really great champs.

One example that might count is I was looking for a 6.2.6 champ counter and mystic was definitely my worst class, so I began opening science/mystic crystals and got doom on one of my first ones, which was incredible, which was probably a month and a half ago. A few weeks ago, I got sorcerer supreme and finally got her to r4 a few days ago. On Friday, I opened a few cavs and pulled a 5* nexus and got a BWCV. I finished off doom on Friday or Saturday with my doom, and now my mystic roster is really good
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Always wanted guardian since he was announced but my usual trash luck didn't give me hope of getting him. The featured came out but I was too scared of getting M.O.D.OK so I said i wouldn't buy one then the Gamma event came I reached the milestone for the featured opened the crystal and got this

Thank you kabam
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

I never get what im looking for. I just make use of who i get.

Jinx
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Still hunting...
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Venom
    I wanted him since 5* shards started coming in more regularly for me. I don't know how many basics I opened hoping for him, but when the duals hit I opened around 20, no Venom and about 3 featured.

Eventually, I pulled him from a basic and then duped him recently.

I've moved on to Night Thrasher (and 6* Archangel, but I got a 6* Monke from my featured)
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Was Claire, got her from my first dual class crystal.
    Was Quake, got her from the featured.
    Was Nick, got him from a random basic crystal.
    Kill_Grey said:

Did you get Guardian yet?
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Now I see where all my crystal luck is gone.
    edited November 2020

Kill_Grey said:

Nope 😓

I've given up on those featureds...
    My second choice was Venom for variant 5, but I've already explored it. He would be good for variant 2, but I've checked out all the paths, and haven't seen any places where he's an absolute necessity over AA, hype, hulkbuster.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    If I get started I won’t stop and everyone already knows by now
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Nope 😓

My second choice was Venom for variant 5, but I've already explored it. He would be good for variant 2, but I've checked out all the paths, and haven't seen any places where he's an absolute necessity over AA, hype, hulkbuster.
    Shame 😞 hopefully the next one is nicer to you! This one's been pretty good to me, got all but Night Thrasher out of the ones I wanted, so I think the next one's gonna be a jerk and not give me Apoc.

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Nope 😓

Shame 😞 hopefully the next one is nicer to you! This one's been pretty good to me, got all but Night Thrasher out of the ones I wanted, so I think the next one's gonna be a jerk and not give me Apoc.
    Sis, I've gotten night thrasher about 4 times from this featured 😂
  • TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    edited November 2020
    Guillotine 2099. I wanted her since I saw her announcement. Opened featured 5 star crystals for many months and this was when 5 star shards were very valuable and limited. Pulled trash champs repeatedly. But I grinded her 3 star arena and duped her from both arenas. Used the 3 star in older story quests or lower event quests because I enjoyed using her.

Then, I pulled her as 5 star from basic crystal, used a gem on her and all my tech stones up to 100 sig even though there was not much use for her awakening ability, took her to R4 instantly. 2 weeks later, I was back home for quarantine break. decided to go cavalier, opened my second 6 star crystal and pulled her as 6 star. recently became thronebreaker and pulled tech T5CC so that’s my story. the rng in this game is frustrating but when you’re lucky, it’s so rewarding
    edited November 2020
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Nope 😓

Tell me your secrets 😢
    I have everything waiting on him. An AG. Enough sigs to take him to sig 100. A Darkhawk.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Nope 😓

Tell me your secrets 😢
    I have everything waiting on him. An AG. Enough sigs to take him to sig 100. A Darkhawk.
    I wonder what's with the NT liking ..i know he is good ..got him duped aa 5* but never really figured him out..

@Rockypantherx I don't know ..tell

Guillotine 2099. I wanted her since I saw her announcement. Opened featured 5 star crystals for many months and this was when 5 star shards were very valuable and limited. Pulled trash champs repeatedly. But I grinded her 3 star arena and duped her from both arenas. Used the 3 star in older story quests or lower event quests because I enjoyed using her.

Then, I pulled her as 5 star from basic crystal, used a gem on her and all my tech stones up to 100 sig even though there was not much use for her awakening ability, took her to R4 instantly. 2 weeks later, I was back home for quarantine break. decided to go cavalier, opened my second 6 star crystal and pulled her as 6 star. recently became thronebreaker and pulled tech T5CC so that’s my story. the rng in this game is frustrating but when you’re lucky, it’s so rewarding

You sir, are my new best friend.
    Rohit_316 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Nope 😓

Tell me your secrets 😢
    I wonder what's with the NT liking ..i know he is good ..got him duped aa 5* but never really figured him out..
    I just find him really fun to play. And he's got good damage, taunt mechanic, DAAR, evade/autoblock counter, incinerate immunity, power gain below 1 bar on parry/dex and he's pretty tanky because he has high physical resistance. He has buffs and applies debuffs so he works for both buffed up and disstrack.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Six star Guillotine 2099
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    I've been opening dual science/mystic 5*, looking for doom, Sym, Claire since they came out. Opened 34, I think, without luck. Had every science I needed already before I started.

Was convinced I was going to keep opening them until I got the above, then switch to mutant/skill for aegon and Nick (have all the mutants)... On a whim I switched to skill/mutant on the weekend and popped 6 and pulled aegon!

Duped him with a generic, pumped in some sig stones and now farming for abyss and will use Morningstar if I don't get doom or SS :-)

Kill_Grey said:

Six star Guillotine 2099

• I hunted Wasp for months. She was in a featured 5* last year and I opened about 20 and didn’t get her. Then she rolled around again a few months ago and I opened another 17 before I pulled her. Between this I was mainly opening basics too.

Then dual crystals came around and I started hunting quake, needless to say I double duped Wasp inside 5 crystals.

Got her R5 now though 👍
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    Yep. I had been looking for Void since the begining, so that's more than 2 years ago. My best Void was a 3*, he took care of RoL Wolverine in like 30s but other than that, he wasn't going to be very useful, and so I desperately wanted to get him as a 5* or even 4*.

Cut to a couple months ago. I had been trying to drop him from a dual class crystal like mad, I only opened the mystic/science ones, to no avail. Okay, I got Quake and Doom but no Void. To the point I basically just gave up.
    One day I was talking to my friend while opening random crystals, he doesn't play but knows the ins and outs, and said something like : "you know what, I give up with those dual crystals, I'll never pull Void, it's a fact. I'm doomed. See, it's like those Grandmaster Crystals, they are useless, they only ever give you 3 stars, I don't even know why I still open them, might as well just leave them in the vault forever."

And so I pop open one GM without giving it any thoughts. And it was a 4* Void. :o I must admit, I freaked out a little bit.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I have a story of NOT pulling doom despite pulling every featured, buying every offer I saw with doom in it, spending hundreds of dollars cyber monday to search for Doom, months of Dual Class crystals for Doom. When I do get him, at least 5 star, it'll be a hell of a story.
    WRIR said:

I have a story of NOT pulling doom despite pulling every featured, buying every offer I saw with doom in it, spending hundreds of dollars cyber monday to search for Doom, months of Dual Class crystals for Doom. When I do get him, at least 5 star, it'll be a hell of a story.

He was my 1st 5* and 1st maxed out too ..but GL on your hunt ...there's a reason why he is the most wanted champion in the game.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

@Rockypantherx I don't know ..tell
    Well, here goes.

I pulled a 4* Quake all the way back in act 4. I quickly mastered the parry style, and eventually came up with a version of the dex method, before it was widely known. This was back when people thought quake couldn’t take stun immune fights

I grew to love this champion, she carried me through act 4, act 5, variants, side quest, event quests, AW’s, AQ’s

Then came the act 6 announcement. No more 4*s. I weeped for I did not have a 5* Quake. And so begun the 5* Quake saga

I took every opportunity to get her, 40 dual class crystals from when they released, dungeon crystals, featured crystals. To no avail. I 100% act 6 and all the variants without a 5* Quake. I moved into AW and AQ where 4*s just didn’t cut it

I pulled a 5* Quake on my alt account as it’s 4th 5*. It was a bittersweet moment. But ultimately left a more bitter taste than a sweet one

By this point my lack of a 5* Quake had practically become a meme on these forums and in my alliance. It really started to feel like I would never get her

Cav EQ released, and I’ve been able to revisit my 4* Quake for the 4* challenge, and loved every minute of it.

And so, the search continued. Then the current featured 5* released. I was tagged a million times on here and in my alliance with people screaming at me that Quake was in it.

So I spammed them. Got so much trash. But I did get a dupe on dragon man and a guardian

Then, one fateful night (November 10th), as I sat at my desk, looking out upon the night, having just kicked back to relax after a journalism lecture, I got some rewards through. Can’t remember from where, but it pushed me over the 15k threshold

And this happened:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/233993/the-end-of-a-3-year-saga#latest

She is now R5, and I’ve been using her everywhere.

However, there is poetic irony to be found here. I die with her every single war. Without fail so far. Usually miserably. I’m putting it down to being rusty

So yes, that is my story.

Jesus it sounds like a romantic novel.

Actually, there’s an idea...