**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Side Quest Crystals

Comments

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

You’ve just mentioned gems for rift rewards, you realise that their drop rate was about the equivalent of a 6* from cavs. Most, myself included never ever got the good stuff, I still don’t ask for Kabam to take out a fun little gamble of a side event that can pay out huge. atleast this event you paid with a couple hours of gaming rather than almost £200 worth of units for those 3* and 4*.

You literally had a rift selector which guarantees you get a least 1 thing that you wanted and that was something huge like a 5* gem or featured 5*. Here it’s just RNG. Also virtually all of the rifts h.
    The most recent rift event did, all the other iterations did not.
    And your message cut off but I guarantee you were going to say all rifts had something useful.
    No, T4cc is as useful as a 3* to anyone that hasn’t rushed through the game.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

You’ve just mentioned gems for rift rewards, you realise that their drop rate was about the equivalent of a 6* from cavs. Most, myself included never ever got the good stuff, I still don’t ask for Kabam to take out a fun little gamble of a side event that can pay out huge. atleast this event you paid with a couple hours of gaming rather than almost £200 worth of units for those 3* and 4*.

You literally had a rift selector which guarantees you get a least 1 thing that you wanted and that was something huge like a 5* gem or featured 5*. Here it’s just RNG. Also virtually all of the rifts h

I would have somewhat agreed was it not for all the other content that is coming out this month. You do get some garanteed rewards in this quest aswell in the form of catalysts and a ton of gold.

But Act 7 and Variant 6 is permanent content, and the rewards that we get in the side EQ shouldn't be affected by them. Last month we got 5500 6 shards. This month we get 500 6* shards. From the cavalier crystals I got 14 3* and 4 4*. So I basically lost 5K 6* shards. We also get 6% T5CC less than last month.

The type of rewards for this month is beyond terrible
    Did you forget about the fully formed 6* that you can get with the second side quest (boss rush?) That is almost twice the amount of 6 star as last month. Granted it is harder to get, but doable for anyone who would not have use for lower rewards.
    What a terrible point, hope the small portion of the community who have the roster to do that EXTRA CONTENT enjoy the 6 star. Jesus it’s like talking to the kitchen sink lol.
    oh no, more work for more rewards! Whatever will you do!
    You haven’t even done it so I don’t know what your talking about 😂 also, when did I say anything about work? You need a specific roster for it. Again, if you are so contempt on defending it, why don’t you “just quake it” , show us some proof that you actually can do the challenge and stop white knighting 100% rng based rewards.
    I don’t usually complain because despite getting garbage 5*s, a 5* is a 5*, but when you get 10 3*s over a 5 star and some 6 star shards, then you start feeling a little ticked off.
    Bro we got a 6 star and a 5 star basic & nexus, the cavs are a nice add on that allow you to try out some of the new champs at lower lvls. Stop complaining just due to jealousy.
    What 6 star and 5 star? I didn’t get it, I didn’t do the event, just pointing out that there’s no reason to defend it/say that you shouldn’t complain about a bonus. This isn’t the SQ bud, this is meant to be an add on of rewards to reward those skilled enough with a big enough roster to do it, so yes, I can still complain. And what a silly point, stop complaining about jealousy? Bwahaha, you’d do the same if you were shafted this hard. I mean we are doing the same content except some get 6 stars and others get 3 stars
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

You literally had a rift selector which guarantees you get a least 1 thing that you wanted and that was something huge like a 5* gem or featured 5*. Here it’s just RNG. Also virtually all of the rifts h

I would have somewhat agreed was it not for all the other content that is coming out this month. You do get some garanteed rewards in this quest aswell in the form of catalysts and a ton of gold.

But Act 7 and Variant 6 is permanent content, and the rewards that we get in the side EQ shouldn't be affected by them. Last month we got 5500 6 shards. This month we get 500 6* shards. From the cavalier crystals I got 14 3* and 4 4*. So I basically lost 5K 6* shards. We also get 6% T5CC less than last month.

Did you forget about the fully formed 6* that you can get with the second side quest (boss rush?) That is almost twice the amount of 6 star as last month. Granted it is harder to get, but doable for anyone who would not have use for lower rewards.
    What a terrible point, hope the small portion of the community who have the roster to do that EXTRA CONTENT enjoy the 6 star. Jesus it’s like talking to the kitchen sink lol.
    You haven’t even done it so I don’t know what your talking about 😂 also, when did I say anything about work? You need a specific roster for it. Again, if you are so contempt on defending it, why don’t you “just quake it” , show us some proof that you actually can do the challenge and stop white knighting 100% rng based rewards.
    I don’t usually complain because despite getting garbage 5*s, a 5* is a 5*, but when you get 10 3*s over a 5 star and some 6 star shards, then you start feeling a little ticked off.
    Bro we got a 6 star and a 5 star basic & nexus, the cavs are a nice add on that allow you to try out some of the new champs at lower lvls. Stop complaining just due to jealousy.
    Who's we?

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

I'd take the garbage 5*. Lol.
    can I have it instead? You can have my 3 star Spider-Ham. And my 4* Guardian. Take them all
    I didn't get a 5* either. Lol.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    Finished grinding out the side quest this morning and super stoked about my pulls. Hoping we somehow see some more Epoch shards later this month via holiday calendar, etc.

https://youtu.be/q3ySMtFFOSw
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

I don't agree that they have hidden drop rates, but I hear what you're saying. I appreciate the feedback everyone. To clarify, I'm not quitting over it. I was saying it took the wind out of me. There should at least be some chance at something useful, and I have absolutely no shortage of 3*s and 4*s. So they're quite useless for me. Any other month, I can use something at least, but I spent a number of Energy Refills to come up with nothing. Cavalier Crystals have too high a possibility of yielding very little to be a focus for an Event. Even if there was an exchange for a few Shards I could have used them. This was a waste of my time. Anyone else in my position would feel the same way. Shouldn't be some people having a ball and others getting the same experience I had. Not when it has nothing to do with the content done.

Honestly as far as some people having a ball and others having a bad experience thats every month. When 3 people do the challenge and one gets a 6* nick fury and the other two get SIM and YJ its the same thing. You're making this out to be far worse than it is, especially when so many people, even some who didn't get crazy lucky, really enjoyed the event. You preach so often that not every sale or every event is geared toward everyone, just take this as a case of it not being geared towards your liking. Based on the feedback I've seen its been an overwhelming success.
    Not the same. A 6* is a 6*.
    And rng is rng, if you got a couple good pulls this wouldn't be a thread.
    You really don't get this do you :|
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

I don't agree that they have hidden drop rates, but I hear what you're saying. I appreciate the feedback everyone. To clarify, I'm not quitting over it. I was saying it took the wind out of me. There should at least be some chance at something useful, and I have absolutely no shortage of 3*s and 4*s. So they're quite useless for me. Any other month, I can use something at least, but I spent a number of Energy Refills to come up with nothing. Cavalier Crystals have too high a possibility of yielding very little to be a focus for an Event. Even if there was an exchange for a few Shards I could have used them. This was a waste of my time. Anyone else in my position would feel the same way. Shouldn't be some people having a ball and others getting the same experience I had. Not when it has nothing to do with the content done.

Honestly as far as some people having a ball and others having a bad experience thats every month. When 3 people do the challenge and one gets a 6* nick fury and the other two get SIM and YJ its the same thing. You're making this out to be far worse than it is, especially when so many people, even some who didn't get crazy lucky, really enjoyed the event. You preach so often that not every sale or every event is geared toward everyone, just take this as a case of it not being geared towards your liking. Based on the feedback I've seen its been an overwhelming success.
    No. It's not the same. Anything above a 4* contributes something to the Roster of someone who is Cavalier. I wasn't pulling for God Tiers. I was pulling for something that contributed to my Roster. People complaining because they call half the Champs garbage is not the same as an Event that gives nothing that can be used.
    No it doesn't, there's tons of 5* and 6* that contribute arena points and nothing more. If you'd hit on a couple crystals you wouldn't be complaining in the least. Theres ton of rewards this month, the majority of players loved the event, but it shouldn't happen again because you had a bad run so the rng aspect is a problem. That sums it up, nobody likes having a bad opening, I get it, that doesn't mean the event sucked or wasn't worth doing. If you feel that strongly then next time (hopefully people like you don't discourage this sort of event) just don't do it.
    Anything above a 4* would have helped. I have no shortage of anything under. A 5* or a 5* Dup would have at least contributed something. Any 6* would have helped my Arena Teams (which was what I was going for). Anything. Two 4* Dups was the most I got, so I rolled 18 Crystals that gave 550 Shards of use. That was it. I don't care where other people rated the Champs. I wanted something of use.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

You really don't get this do you :|
    I do, I've had horrid luck more often than you I'm sure. Most people liked the event, even some i know who didn't hit on any crystals, it shouldn't be changed because you didn't. Nobody likes a bad opening but that shouldn't dictate how certain events are structured, this is the first event like it and most people enjoyed it.
    No that's not what Im talking about. I wouln't care if I got 4 trash champs out of my usual 6* crystal, and 5* crystal from the SQ cuz they may have some niche uses but when an event like this, gives only a chance for 5 and 6* champs and has a way bigger chance to get all 3* (or at least a lot). Like you cant use 3 and 4* in Featured arenas (4* get death matches a lot). So you tell me, what do you use your 3* for. Act 6? And if they not going to change it on my behalf I'm just showing my opinion.

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

You literally had a rift selector which guarantees you get a least 1 thing that you wanted and that was something huge like a 5* gem or featured 5*. Here it’s just RNG. Also virtually all of the rifts h.
    And your message cut off but I guarantee you were going to say all rifts had something useful.
    Oh Jesus Christ, are we playing the same game? T4CC and basic are crucial resources, and I’m sure anyone UC or above would prefer those over 3 stars so don’t give us this rubbish
    Apparently not... because everyone I know literally has hundreds of T4cc stuck in crystals. So Just like the 3*s they are completely useless.
    This thread literally only exists because grounded got shafted by rng, and after years of telling people to suck it up, suddenly all those arguments are wrong because they’re being turned back at him.
    T4CC weren’t the only things there, they were only one of the good things you could get. There were sigs, shards, awakening gems, a crystal etc. And yes we are talking about that because we are not going to talk about events last year as that just isn’t fair. You had a chronometer to pick at least 1 amazing reward, then a good chance at others, you had a chronometer for the second difficulty which also had fire, so basically worst case scenario you got 2 fire items (even though the odds were far greater to get more good stuff than cavs) unlike Cav crystals where you get 3 stars lol
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    meh doesn't matter to me really I like seeing others happy
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Its great. For me, who almost never opens cavs, its great basic rewards replacement, we don't see cavs really often for free, and you get to choose year of release? That means you have a shot at like 50% god tier or above, at least in last 2 crystals.
    You'd want guaranteed rewards, you'd pull 6* Moon Knight and there would be still reason to get upset. If you count with %s, you have almost 30% chance to pull 6* and about 3 5*, from only one side quest, and you have (kinda) privilige to choose pool.
    Almost everything in this game revolves around RNG

Yeah it’s a pretty high chance for god tier champs but do you really think we will use 3 and 4* versions of them? Unless you wanna show me you doing Abyss or sum with a 3* Aegon
    KT 1 DID Lol with 4* colossus and 4* Aegon. Summoners have takes 4* Aegon into Abyss

. 4* are used really well in Cav EQ.

2* s are used in Variant fights.

4* Torch can do abyss fights

Even 2* Ronan can do Abys Red skull(albeit takes a bit longer)
    Do you even read what you are writing? I am curious

You have to be extremely desperate in order to use the 4* version of Aegon in LoL.

You can use your 2* in Variant fights you say. Let me introduce you to the Premium Hero Crystal.

As far as I know torch can solo only the Deadpool fight in AoL. And in a pool of 170 champs good luck trying to pull Torch

A 2* Ronan can defeat Abyss Red Skull... How high are you?
    You realize LOL was done in the past with 4*s?

I didn't say doing Abyss with 4* Aegon is a good idea. But stop writing if 4* as completely useless.

I for one had ranked 4*s to do cav challenges and others have too.

Exactly my friend the cav crystals are year soecif and you have a high chance if pulling the new characters as 4* and they all have some sort of synergy or unique utility you can use.

Give me one reason 2* Ronan cannot solo Abyss Red sjull
    No one cares about LoL anymore. Everyone's goal is to complete and explore AoL

Do you really trying to justify the 3*/4* pulls by saying that they are gonna be good for cavalier challenges?
    I have already ranked up enough 4* champs, and I can do these challenges very easily

And again take the 4* apocalypse into Act 6/7. Come on. I am waiting

4* champs are COMPLETELY useless for Thronebreakers. I have reached to point in which I won't gain anything from ranking up a 5* champ. You clearly aren't Thronebreaker, and you clearly haven't explored Act 6 100%. So I would suggest you to stop saying BS

It's physically impossible to take down Red Skull with a 2* Ronan. Use your brain
    Why is it physically impossible to do Abyss red skull with 2* Ronan ? Enlighten me.

Also it was an exaggeration to show that these are far from dead. There can be events or quests in the future that require 4*s. You'll thank your 4* Apocalypse then
    I’m not even a heavy grinder/player yet I have almost all the best 4 stars in the game lol, but that’s besides the point, the content that requires them are niche af and players that are actually buying these Cav crystals already have a **** ton of 4 stars and they are only there for iso and 5 star shards. Your acting as if the crystal is restricted to 4 stars only but oh boy, out of the like 11 crystals I’ve opened so far I think I’ve gotten 2 4 stars. The rest were 3 stars, and I got 1 5 star. But yeah go ahead and do red skull with a 2 star in abyss, you won’t because your just chatting ****.
    Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Oh Jesus Christ, are we playing the same game? T4CC and basic are crucial resources, and I’m sure anyone UC or above would prefer those over 3 stars so don’t give us this rubbish
    Apparently not... because everyone I know literally has hundreds of T4cc stuck in crystals. So Just like the 3*s they are completely useless.
    This thread literally only exists because grounded got shafted by rng, and after years of telling people to suck it up, suddenly all those arguments are wrong because they’re being turned back at him.
    T4CC weren’t the only things there, they were only one of the good things you could get. There were sigs, shards, awakening gems, a crystal etc. And yes we are talking about that because we are not going to talk about events last year as that just isn’t fair. You had a chronometer to pick at least 1 amazing reward, then a good chance at others, you had a chronometer for the second difficulty which also had fire, so basically worst case scenario you got 2 fire items (even though the odds were far greater to get more good stuff than cavs) unlike Cav crystals where you get 3 stars lol
    You’re right, T4cc weren’t the only things in there, just like there wasn’t just 3*s available in cav crystals. Glad you finally caught on.

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

You’re right, T4cc weren’t the only things in there, just like there wasn’t just 3*s available in cav crystals. Glad you finally caught on.
    Wow you intentionally avoided my point about the chronometers and the fact that the rewards were all useful. Your just sounding dense now mate. Imagine a Cav where you could pick which champ you want at bare minimum 5 star rarity. Not a nexus because that’s still rng; but a 5 star crystal where you pick out of the whole roster. In fact, you could do that twice you could say, and then the rest of the cavs were 4 star or above. But no you will choose to ignore it because you got niced in this event so that must mean it went well for everyone.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    My biggest problem is, this month is packed, we will be getting 7.1, V6, 6* and 5* arenas, anniversary gift, december 25th present, gifting, we got john mullanys challenge and all sorts of other cool things, the cavalier crystals imo are an amazing addition, whether you got good stuff or not it was pretty much free. So much complaining in this community and not enough being thankful for what you got, kabam didn't have to do this at the end of the day, but it is a great addition.

Stop Whining, Be thankful.
    Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Wow you intentionally avoided my point about the chronometers and the fact that the rewards were all useful. Your just sounding dense now mate. Imagine a Cav where you could pick which champ you want at bare minimum 5 star rarity. Not a nexus because that’s still rng; but a 5 star crystal where you pick out of the whole roster. In fact, you could do that twice you could say, and then the rest of the cavs were 4 star or above. But no you will choose to ignore it because you got niced in this event so that must mean it went well for everyone.
    Ok sure you could use the chronometer, of course there’s still that very slim chance you don’t even get the class gem you want, so you go for the featured 5*, but of course this is back when 75% of the Crystal was poor, so again rng as to if you get something usable, or iso, next best was probably the 6* shards, 5* shards or T2a? I guess some people liked the sig stones as well, wasn’t really interested myself as my good pulls are so few and far between I’m typically overflowing in sig stones.
    Well you get a T2a in this event, and there’s a 5* and 6* shard arena coming up, and like OP always points out you’ve gotta think about all the monthly content as a whole.
    So I guess all you’re missing now is sig stones? Yeah I’ll give you that I suppose, but then didn’t we get like 80-90 from the store last month?
This discussion has been closed.