Options

Newlin's Contest of the Arts- (Participate to win 1400 units worth of gifts for the gifting event)

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Minerboy said:

Crcrcrc said:

Minerboy said:

Hi im new to forums what are the rules of this competition and is it ok to use a drawing app @newlinstheory

Just make original art please
    Ok ?
    I think drawing apps are fine but wait for Newlin to confirm. I'm pretty sure people have used them but I want to be sure. Basic rules are we'll have a Google form for the forums to vote for their top 3-5 and the person with the most voted gets x worth of gifting stuff, the second place gets y, and in total, we'll have up to 5th place. It has to be holiday related and marvel related and obviously must be your own work. we've had people try multiple times to plagiarize

oh also the rewards are much higher than the original post
  • Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    @Minerboy
    So, I really prefer the work be by your own hand, whether you crafted it, digitally drew it, or paper drawn. Having something unique that was made by your hand has so much more meaning to it compared to just coloring something in like Spider did.(Now technically what that was is something different, because its from a coloring book, and hes doing “something,” but after all his other attempts and lies, It was just becoming a pain to even respond to him). So technically a coloring book is ok but its best to put your mind to work and create something.

So for example the spider ham I drew is original with no help.

BUT if someone here wanted to to the same thing but they draw it in their own way, thats fine(its not original) but at least they decided to take their time and draw it rather than reposting it and claiming at their own.

Their are sooooo many directions you can take with this contest, just have fun with when your creating your work, this is a friendly contest with many who are looking forward to see everyones work after the deadline.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
  • Options
    MinerboyMinerboy Posts: 32

@Minerboy
    So, I really prefer the work be by your own hand, whether you crafted it, digitally drew it, or paper drawn. Having something unique that was made by your hand has so much more meaning to it compared to just coloring something in like Spider did.(Now technically what that was is something different, because its from a coloring book, and hes doing “something,” but after all his other attempts and lies, It was just becoming a pain to even respond to him). So technically a coloring book is ok but its best to put your mind to work and create something.

BUT if someone here wanted to to the same thing but they draw it in their own way, thats fine(its not original) but at least they decided to take their time and draw it rather than reposting it and claiming at their own.

Their are sooooo many directions you can take with this contest, just have fun with when your creating your work, this is a friendly contest with many who are looking forward to see everyones work after the deadline.

I love that spider ham example art you made it is a masterpiece
  • Options
    Ok 👍
  • Options
    Sounds good bud look forward to what you contribute
    Minerboy said:

@Minerboy

• Options
    I have a doubt is using characters victory animation ok ? I thought of using Dr Dooms animation and add my own ideas
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,795 ★★★★★
    Minerboy said:

I have a doubt is using characters victory animation ok ? I thought of using Dr Dooms animation and add my own ideas

Sure you can. If you draw it by yourself instead of screen shotting it then there is nothing abnormal there
  • Options

Minerboy said:

@Minerboy

</blockquote

I have a doubt using a characters victory animation is allowed or not ? I was thinking of using dooms victory animation and adding some of my own ideas to it
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Merry Christmas Eve to all! 🎁
  • Options

Minerboy said:

@Minerboy

Minerboy said:

Sure you can. If you draw it by yourself instead of screen shotting it then there is nothing abnormal there

Ok 👍
  • Options
    Didn't even see the replies.
    Seriously, what the hell?
  • Options
    Did we have comments removed?
  • Options
    Yeah i suspect it might be what we're thinking, so I think a black bar might have to be put in place. but for the actual submission we can use the normal one
  • Options
    I tried both black bar and mosaics. It looks sexier, so will be removed as well if it is for that reason.

And honestly there is nothing wrong with it. Don't want to be calling names, but it looks disrespectful
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,828 ★★★★★

I tried both black bar and mosaics. It looks sexier, so will be removed as well if it is for that reason.

And honestly there is nothing wrong with it. Don't want to be calling names, but it looks disrespectful

just blur the chest
  • Options
    @will-o-wisp
    Hey at least I have the screenshot still haha
    So you’re safe still👍🏼👍🏼
    Bummer they’re moving it though😒😒
  • Options
    edited December 2020

just blur the chest
    It becomes worse

I'll try again in a bit, with a picture on top of it and with less text overall
  • Options
    shivam1 said:

Hey lads once again your boi shivam is here
    Guess who i brought this time
    Yes he's none other than Doctor Santa
    I made this a lil bit fun
    Give a like if you like it
    I used some Digital colours but the sketch is hand made
    I know its not too good but that's what I could think right now
    Hey @Newlinstheory tell me how's this

Woah I love this!
  • Options
    AWESOME STUFF @shivam1
    Buy remember only one will selected as a submission
    So between the two that are able to
    You’ll have to pick one before the submissions end(otherwise Ill pick the one that got the most likes,agrees etc.)
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

I think we all had that one gift we don't really enjoy...
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Speaking of
    @MaxGaming youre in a similar situation
    You’ve submitted so many awesome drawings with creative views.
    I think you did something earlier in the thread was make a collage of them.
    If you do that that would really help so everyone can see all the awesome stuff you’ve been making for this contest!
  • Options

Here, it is done. And properly censored this time.

I introduce you ...

MAW NOEL !!

"May the light of happiness falter down upon you all!"

You have been blessed by Maw Noel. Legend says, if you have been a good boy throughout the year, she will give you a nice present.
    But beware you naughty boys! If you have been a bad kid during this last year, she is going to punish you instead!
    I got the original and it’s hanging on my wall now
    😂😂😂
  • Options

Here, it is done. And properly censored this time.

I introduce you ...

MAW NOEL !!

"May the light of happiness falter down upon you all!"

You have been blessed by Maw Noel. Legend says, if you have been a good boy throughout the year, she will give you a nice present.
    But beware you naughty boys! If you have been a bad kid during this last year, she is going to punish you instead!
    That is amazing. Honestly my favorite here i think.
    THATS A BOLD CLAIM
    Id say mrspider and Godmaster have the best work😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    Great job @will-o-wisp .

Although thought at first that you either put a lump of Coal, or a silver wrapped present, there to go along with the outfit. (instead of just Maw's head).
  • Options

Great job @will-o-wisp .

Although thought at first that you either put a lump of Coal, or a silver wrapped present, there to go along with the outfit. (instead of just Maw's head).

Thanks. I thought that Ebony Maw's head would add more beauty to the picture