**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Christmas gift is...

13»

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

I mean it’s pretty good. Or at least it would have been if I hadn’t pulled more damn cosmic T5CC. I already have 2 useless ones and this just adds to it. Literally any other class would have been better and I can stop pulling

Can you guess which class I pulled from the 1-2 gem?

If RNG is with you this is a great gift. If it’s not, well, this pretty much adds a bit more dust to the shelf. Can only hope it comes to be useful later down the line

But hey, at least cavs got some T5CC!

This is a valid point. I’m not a fan of a significant pRNG aspect for any gift level (and yes, my Cav T5 crystal again failed to deliver the necessary 5% shards to fill one out). It makes the “giftiness” totally random.

As for the “all Cavs are ungrateful scum” vibe, that’s probably as overloaded for Christmas Day as Cavs griping about another AG plus T5c.

Everyone can be totally unchuffed about their gifts without going ballistic on everyone else. It’s just not necessary.

And I wonder...is this kind of animosity among the most loyal players something that was foreseeable when some Kabam peep dreamed it all up? What will happen when TB vs. Cav New Year offers reopen that wound? There’s probably a valuable socioeconomic lesson in there for anyone willing to tease it out.

My night will consist of keeping the game pretty much off except to finish a 7.1 path and awaken my OG BW, plus watching Wonder Woman and hanging with family. Play some Munchkin, King of Tokyo, maybe Smash Up and eat BBQ. Maybe get really crazy and drink a couple of adult beverages. Fall asleep and (I hope) wake up to the weekend.

Cheers.

Dr. Zola
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    I really like that they gave a title. Though I’m curious what the title is for players who got coal 😉

For the rest it’s all free rewards.
    How can we complain? Yes I would have liked a certain percentage selector for a t5c, so I could form a skill t5c for my newly duped Ægon, but it is what it is.
    I’m very skeptical with everything that Kabam does or doesn’t do, but with this?.......nah come on, it’s impossible to please everyone with all their hyped expectations 🤷‍♂️

Fyi: the 10% t5c crystal gave me skill t5c, getting me closer to form a t5c 😉
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    WillieB said:

Meh...I'm a thronebreaker. It's ok, bot nothing great. RNG stuff is 90% time almost worthless. I pulled a Mystic rank up gem and already have Doom and Morningstar at r3, Sasquatch at r2. It will be a long time before I ever use it, if ever.

A 6* awakening gem crystal would have been SOOOO much better.

Pretty much this. I got a bunch of rubbish, more skill t5cc(yuck) and a second tech 1-2 gem. A gift is a gift tho.
  • Just did the Christmas gift but can't find whatever it came with... Is there another gift to open? I see nothing...
  • WillieB said:

Meh...I'm a thronebreaker. It's ok, bot nothing great. RNG stuff is 90% time almost worthless. I pulled a Mystic rank up gem and already have Doom and Morningstar at r3, Sasquatch at r2. It will be a long time before I ever use it, if ever.

Pretty much this. I got a bunch of rubbish, more skill t5cc(yuck) and a second tech 1-2 gem. A gift is a gift tho.
    Are we on the same account? I got the exact same rewards and I feel the exact same about skill t5cc.
    H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

Are we on the same account? I got the exact same rewards and I feel the exact same about skill t5cc.
    I have 2 skill r3s, no one else i want to rank. And i have another half now. YAY.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

I mean it’s pretty good. Or at least it would have been if I hadn’t pulled more damn cosmic T5CC. I already have 2 useless ones and this just adds to it. Literally any other class would have been better and I can stop pulling

If RNG is with you this is a great gift. If it’s not, well, this pretty much adds a bit more dust to the shelf. Can only hope it comes to be useful later down the line

This is a valid point. I’m not a fan of a significant pRNG aspect for any gift level (and yes, my Cav T5 crystal again failed to deliver the necessary 5% shards to fill one out). It makes the “giftiness” totally random.

As for the “all Cavs are ungrateful scum” vibe, that’s probably as overloaded for Christmas Day as Cavs griping about another AG plus T5c.

Everyone can be totally unchuffed about their gifts without going ballistic on everyone else. It’s just not necessary.

And I wonder...is this kind of animosity among the most loyal players something that was foreseeable when some Kabam peep dreamed it all up? What will happen when TB vs. Cav New Year offers reopen that wound? There’s probably a valuable socioeconomic lesson in there for anyone willing to tease it out.

My night will consist of keeping the game pretty much off except to finish a 7.1 path and awaken my OG BW, plus watching Wonder Woman and hanging with family. Play some Munchkin, King of Tokyo, maybe Smash Up and eat BBQ. Maybe get really crazy and drink a couple of adult beverages. Fall asleep and (I hope) wake up to the weekend.

Cheers.

Dr. Zola
    Munchkin & king of tokyo: awesome games to play 😎👍 the “dlc’s” for munchkin are really fun as well, the x-men edition comes to mind.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Its free so we cant complain, but then again 1-2 gem consists of resources I have in the stash almost going to expire, because the game has made these resources very abundant. Hence the gift isn’t necessarily in tune with the state of the economy. Also have to keep in mind that some people r3ed a bad champ just for this. Cleary a t5cc outweighs a 1-2 gem

Those people are incredibly foolish and I have no sympathy for people who make foolish rash decisions based on hopes and assumptions

GagoH said:

Its free so we cant complain, but then again 1-2 gem consists of resources I have in the stash almost going to expire, because the game has made these resources very abundant. Hence the gift isn’t necessarily in tune with the state of the economy. Also have to keep in mind that some people r3ed a bad champ just for this. Cleary a t5cc outweighs a 1-2 gem

Those people are incredibly foolish and I have no sympathy for people who make foolish rash decisions based on hopes and assumptions
    I agree, although i think the gift was meh. Not bad. Not good. Just a pile of rng.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

GagoH said:

I agree, although i think the gift was meh. Not bad. Not good. Just a pile of rng.
    It's stuff I got for doing something I'd do anyway, logging in. I'm fine with it. Did it change much for me? Nope, but it's free stuff. If people are relying on free handouts to progress no wonder so many people think TB requirements are unfair
  • H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

I have 2 skill r3s, no one else i want to rank. And i have another half now. YAY.
    I have 50% of another skill as well. Used my first one on elsa.

GagoH said:

It's stuff I got for doing something I'd do anyway, logging in. I'm fine with it. Did it change much for me? Nope, but it's free stuff. If people are relying on free handouts to progress no wonder so many people think TB requirements are unfair
    Exactly. Hard to complain about something that is free and not bad.
  • LautZzZLautZzZ Posts: 12
    It’s like the gift i receive from a colleague at the workplace on secret santa. Thanks, and then throw it away, unless its alcohol. You never throw away alcohol! :)

Happy holidays to all (except kabam - after the CW cav cr**, you are on my naughty list and deserve a rock - not coal because that is somewhat usefull - a simple rock)
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Some of the hate for the gift is crazy.

It’s a gift! You guys sound like ungrateful teens. My mom got me an iPhone 12 Pro Max 256gb and I wanted a 512gb!! Waaaah.

It’s a nice gesture. Wasnt game breaking, wasn’t cheap. 20 sig crystals is 4 months worth of EQ, the 10% class is 1 months worth of EQ, the rank up is a lot of resources some folks would love to have.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Cheers.

Dr. Zola
    Munchkin & king of tokyo: awesome games to play 😎👍 the “dlc’s” for munchkin are really fun as well, the x-men edition comes to mind.
    Got them all...Legendary, Oz, Marvel, Shakespeare, plus almost 100% extra convention cards. Games go on for days.

Love that game. Classic.

Dr. Zola
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

I'll take it. Elsa or Aegon will love it. Unless the KP buff is sick. Then I'd consider him.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

WillieB said:

I got Skill too. *duh duh duh*