Missing alliance gifting event points - would appreciate a mod response

Jammin5988Jammin5988 Member Posts: 66
So I recently picked the game back up after almost a year off, I ended up joining a good alliance a little over a week before gifting event started. So gifting starts and it tells me I cant claim alliance rewards for almost a week, so I thought okay no problem, started racking up points in the solo gifting event after spending cash on xmas and cyber Monday offers, today was the day the timer ended and I thought my points would be added, but no, none of the gifting points I've scored while I've been in this alliance have counted towards the alliance score. Meaning my alliance has 24k less points than they should, affecting everyones milestones, plus I'm not the only one having this issue, my gf also joined at the same time and has the same issue, so our alliance is actually 50k event points down on where we should be. Could someone please clarify if this is how its supposed to be? Should I of known to save my units? Because nobody else in my alliance knew either, they all said points would be added, I specifically asked before I went ahead and started gifting. Any clarification from mods would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Jammin5988Jammin5988 Member Posts: 66
    Also means now I've spent all the units I purchased, I have no way to actually get any of alliance milestone rewards either, ngl it's hard to not feel a bit cheated, I purchased units specifically for this event. I feel like this should be explicitly stated if it's a thing, something like "YOUR POINTS WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THE ALLIANCE TOTAL UNTIL THIS TIMER HAS RAN OUT, POINTS EARNED WILL ONLY COUNT TOWARDS SOLO REWARDS". Because I dont think it's an unfair assumption to think that event points earned while in an alliance would go towards the alliance total, even if you want to withhold the rewards from me for a bit to make sure I'm not alliance hopping, I'm still in the alliance participating in the event, I've followed all the rules to the best of my knowledge. Heres to hoping this is just a glitch, and theyll show up at some point...
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,077 ★★★★★
    Ya none of the points you got before the 14 day timer will count for alliance points, it’s correct
    If that's the case they could at least put that in the game, I've spent close to an odins worth of units on gifting, most of them paid for
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

If that's the case they could at least put that in the game, I've spent close to an odins worth of units on gifting, most of them paid for

Pretty sure they did. There should have been a warning under the points in the alliance event telling you that they wouldn't be counted.

They did, they said that’s how it would work
    There was no warning saying points wouldnt be counted, I know coz I've spent a week looking at it 😅 all it said was basically I wont get rewards until the timer was up, nothing about points not being added
    Here’s the first line: Users must be a member of their alliance for 14 days before they can contribute points towards the event or claim rewards.
    I've basically been penalised for picking the game back up again from where I'm sat, there was no warning on this that I saw, abd nothing stated on the event tab its self. And when it says nothing, like I said, I dont think it's an unfair assumption to make that points scored while in an alliance will go to the alliance total, even if rewards are being withheld for a while
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    There was plenty of warning. On the forums and send through in game mails.

This is the only one I saw, and there was no mention of any 14 day period where my points wouldnt count
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

And this is the first time I've been on the forum since I picked the game back up, you cant expect everyone to look at the forums man. I've played this game for 4+ years on and off and I've never had this issue before. If it were just me being dumb there wouldnt be a bunch of other people in the group of alliances I'm in having the same issue, were missing so many points it's actually really sad, we could of probably maxed rewards if we got all the points. People are going to assume that points earned in an alliance are going to count towards that alliance score if you dont put a warning sticker on it, like if I join an alliance, I can contribute straight to AQ, even though my rewards get delayed, I expected gifting to work in the same way, as it always has.
    I just think this is a bit daft, i can accept this is how it is, not happy about it, but I think it's sillythatt because I didnt join an alliance 2 weeks in advance I cant join in Christmas events with my alliance during the Christmas period, I'd be just as irritated if I had to sit for a week watching all my alliance mates opening ggcs and having a great time over xmas while I couldnt do any gifting, well maybe slightly less considering I'd of at least got my due rewards in the end, but this just seems like a really stupid rule to have.
    Buttehrs said:

Cant expect every player to follow forum posts man
    If that's how it is then fine, like I say I'm not happy about it, and I think I justifiably feel cheated. Had I of known I'd of waited, I specifically asked in my alliance discord and everyone I spoke to said they would count. Hence why we have so many people now with 0 points in the alliance event, now all there is is a bunch of annoyed players that feel cheated because of a rule that serves no one.
    Kabam should really consider changing this, making people wait until after the festivities to have their festivities kind of takes away from the point, like I said, if I'd of had to sit and watch everyone else opening ggcs, and 6 stars, etc for a week over Christmas and I just had to sit on everything and wait I'd be pretty irritated. By all means withhold the rewards, but withholding the points that have been paid for is just ridiculous imo, all it does it hurt players like myself who have recently picked back up, or those who dont follow the forums. Or at least put a warning sticker on the event and the notification for the event going live.
    And this is the best they could come up with? I get the reason they did it. But the most ridiculous thing is this happened during war off season, where people typically tend to change alliances, so while they might of caught few cheaters, 90% of the people being caught up by this rule will be just average players like me, switching alliances, or picking the game back up. There has to be a better system, even something simple like you have to be in the alliance at the start, and at the end of the event to have your points counted towards the 'final' alliance total, then just make it so that each player cant receive more than one of each milestone reward no matter how many alliances they join.
    But saying to a group of players 'you cant have any of these Christmas rewards until after Christmas when everyone else has spent a week opening them because you wanted to change alliance during off season' seems pretty unfair to me, that's like a parent with 10 kids letting 9 of them open presents on Christmas day, but making the 10th child waiting til new years day because he changed the football team he supports. Ridiculous right? Exactly.
    One group of players has been treated differently than the rest, that is the group who switched alliances during off season. Theyve been treated differently based on an action theyve taken in game that isnt against the terms and conditions, that is the definition of unfair.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,957 ★★★★★
    Read all info before spending. You were not chested at all.
    I just want to add aswell, I'm not implying it was intended by Kabam, I just think it's an unforeseen side effect that has arisen from trying to fix a problem. But I guarantee you those who have been 'side-effected' are feeling pretty disgruntled right about now, I know I am and the others in my alliance are feeling the same way
    I thought I had read all the info when I read this bud
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★
    The problem. Is the forums is the best place to gian information. Again a totally new player won’t really join to louck op new stuff if there ain’t 100 in to the game

I just want to add aswell, I'm not implying it was intended by Kabam, I just think it's an unforeseen side effect that has arisen from trying to fix a problem. But I guarantee you those who have been 'side-effected' are feeling pretty disgruntled right about now, I know I am and the others in my alliance are feeling the same way

ya it's just a question of whether it's worth to help stop the fraud and cheating at the expense of a few people in your situation, obviously it is
  • LmaoLmao Member Posts: 859 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Chested? Kabam is chesting people now?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,365 Guardian

If you thought that was all the info, why did you think your solo points would be added to the alliance after the cooldown period ended? The in-game email doesn't say they would.
    Lmao said:

Crcrcrc said:

Chested? Kabam is chesting people now?
    Cheated* 😂
    I'm all for stopping cheats

ya it's just a question of whether it's worth to help stop the fraud and cheating at the expense of a few people in your situation, obviously it is
    I'm all for stopping cheating and fraud, but looking at it realistically, all the cheating that went on last year was at the top end, it doesnt affect alliances like mine or players like me anyways, but this does. Those alliances were always gonna part of the top 1-5% regardless, not like it drastically affected my alliances ranking. And I'm not saying allow cheating, but my problem is that fixing something that didnt impact me (the cheating) has in turn caused issues for me and others who have done no cheating, abided by the rules and done everything by the book

I'm all for stopping cheats

I'm all for stopping cheating and fraud, but looking at it realistically, all the cheating that went on last year was at the top end, it doesnt affect alliances like mine or players like me anyways, but this does. Those alliances were always gonna part of the top 1-5% regardless, not like it drastically affected my alliances ranking. And I'm not saying allow cheating, but my problem is that fixing something that didnt impact me (the cheating) has in turn caused issues for me and others who have done no cheating, abided by the rules and done everything by the book
    that's exactly what i said, in order to stop cheating and fraud, there are others who will be negatively affected by it if they don't pay attention
    DNA3000 said:

If you thought that was all the info, why did you think your solo points would be added to the alliance after the cooldown period ended? The in-game email doesn't say they would.
    Because the message that accompanies the event in the event tab is the exact same message that appears in AQ when you join an alliance, but you can still join AQ, and contribute points, even while rewards are being withheld. It states that you wont be able to claim rewards until you have been in the alliance for so long, but you've always been able to contribute points and rewards unlock after, and it's always the same message, and it was the same message this time, no mention of 'you cannot contribute points until...'
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Member Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Because the message that accompanies the event in the event tab is the exact same message that appears in AQ when you join an alliance, but you can still join AQ, and contribute points, even while rewards are being withheld. It states that you wont be able to claim rewards until you have been in the alliance for so long, but you've always been able to contribute points and rewards unlock after, and it's always the same message, and it was the same message this time, no mention of 'you cannot contribute points until...'
    So you assumed...

that's exactly what i said, in order to stop cheating and fraud, there are others who will be negatively affected by it if they don't pay attention

It's not about paying attention, I mean yes for me in particular it would have helped if I'd of seen the post. But delaying peoples Christmas rewards til after Christmas because they switched alliances during off season, or just because they switched alliances at all just doesnt seem fair to me, switching alliances isnt against the terms of service so you shouldnt be penalized for doing it. Surely there are ways to stop the majority of cheating that dont end up coming at the cost of a specific group/s of players.
    edited December 2020

(It's not about paying attention, I mean yes for me in particular it would have helped if I'd of seen the post. But delaying peoples Christmas rewards til after Christmas because they switched alliances during off season, or just because they switched alliances at all just doesnt seem fair to me, switching alliances isnt against the terms of service so you shouldnt be penalized for doing it. Surely there are ways to stop the majority of cheating that dont end up coming at the cost of a specific group/s of players. )
    People stole rewards illegitimately from people who spent tons. Kabam took action to prevent it again. Not their fault you didn’t read or check the in game email before spending.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020

It's not about paying attention, I mean yes for me in particular it would have helped if I'd of seen the post. But delaying peoples Christmas rewards til after Christmas because they switched alliances during off season, or just because they switched alliances at all just doesnt seem fair to me, switching alliances isnt against the terms of service so you shouldnt be penalized for doing it. Surely there are ways to stop the majority of cheating that dont end up coming at the cost of a specific group/s of players.

Or, here's a bold idea, don't switch. Especially when there was information given that says switching would create an issue with scoring points.

Following simple instructions is something that should be taught from a young age, and is something that everyone should continue to do throughout their lives.

That's the long and short of it.