Missing alliance gifting event points - would appreciate a mod response

2»

Comments

• Jammin5988Jammin5988 Member Posts: 66

DNA3000 said:

I thought I had read all the info when I read this bud

If you thought that was all the info, why did you think your solo points would be added to the alliance after the cooldown period ended? The in-game email doesn't say they would.
    Because the message that accompanies the event in the event tab is the exact same message that appears in AQ when you join an alliance, but you can still join AQ, and contribute points, even while rewards are being withheld. It states that you wont be able to claim rewards until you have been in the alliance for so long, but you've always been able to contribute points and rewards unlock after, and it's always the same message, and it was the same message this time, no mention of 'you cannot contribute points until...'
    So you assumed...
    Based on strong evidence yes, plus I was told in our alliance discord that the points would count. I specifically asked when I saw the thing saying you cant claim rewards until 6 days. If I had any reason to believe otherwise I'd of waited and checked, I've been caught by nonsense like this plenty of times in plenty of games. But all the arrows pointed in one direction, I was 100% sure that it was okay, I had no reason to go looking for further evidence, so sure my issue is partly my alliances fault, but I'm also not stupid, there was nothing on there indicating that it was different to any other event, it should of been obvious in the game with the event not the same generic message they put on every event when you join an alliance, i shouldnt of had to go find it in a forum post.
    Imo theres a world of difference between "you cannot claim rewards until" and "you cannot contribute points until", especially when in every other event that says "cannot claim rewards until" you can still contribute points in the meantime and collect the rewards after. This should of been specified on the event. We put warning labels on microwaves so people dont microwave their pets ffs 😅 I dont think its unreasonable request, it would of saved me alot of time, frustration, and lost rewards/progression and numerous other people aswell
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,957 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

I thought I had read all the info when I read this bud

If you thought that was all the info, why did you think your solo points would be added to the alliance after the cooldown period ended? The in-game email doesn't say they would.
    Because the message that accompanies the event in the event tab is the exact same message that appears in AQ when you join an alliance, but you can still join AQ, and contribute points, even while rewards are being withheld. It states that you wont be able to claim rewards until you have been in the alliance for so long, but you've always been able to contribute points and rewards unlock after, and it's always the same message, and it was the same message this time, no mention of 'you cannot contribute points until...'
    So you assumed...
    Based on strong evidence yes, plus I was told in our alliance discord that the points would count. I specifically asked when I saw the thing saying you cant claim rewards until 6 days. If I had any reason to believe otherwise I'd of waited and checked, I've been caught by nonsense like this plenty of times in plenty of games. But all the arrows pointed in one direction, I was 100% sure that it was okay, I had no reason to go looking for further evidence, so sure my issue is partly my alliances fault, but I'm also not stupid, there was nothing on there indicating that it was different to any other event, it should of been obvious in the game with the event not the same generic message they put on every event when you join an alliance, i shouldnt of had to go find it in a forum post.
    Imo theres a world of difference between "you cannot claim rewards until" and "you cannot contribute points until", especially when in every other event that says "cannot claim rewards until" you can still contribute points in the meantime and collect the rewards after. This should of been specified on the event. We put warning labels on microwaves so people dont microwave their pets ffs 😅 I dont think its unreasonable request, it would of saved me alot of time, frustration, and lost rewards/progression and numerous other people aswell
    Nothing except an email specifically talking about it.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Member Posts: 655 ★★★
    Quite frankly, anyone who's played this game for a decent length of time knows that ingame mails are close to useless and that the forum is the best place to come to for getting full information regarding the new patch/ event etc,

Although the OP's frustrations are understandable though, Kabam don't publicise their forum so casual players don't know about the forums and the OP was unfortunate enough to be in an alliance where everyone was like that, but it's still his/her mistake of course.

I do have an idea though, why not just link the forum post in the ingame- mail, and they can also prod new players into creating a forum account, maybe give them a 3 star crystal or PHC as a incentive, so in that case, atleast everyone who starts is on the forums and can drop by when required
    @ItsDamien so people should just stay in alliances they're unhappy with for a whole nother war season? That's your solution?
    I didnt switch, I just picked the game back up recently and didnt know about the 2 week thing, but it's just resulted in the same issues people who have moved alliance during off season have encountered.
    And yes instructions are easy to follow, until you dont have the instructions, that's kind of my point...
    You think I was told not to gift until the timer ran out and I somehow got confused or I'm really stupid and understood 'spend all your units before the timer runs out'? Because that's not what happened, if I'd of known I'd of waited and I'd of saved myself all this time typing and got some tasty rewards. As it happens I thought I knew based on past 4 + years experience of in game events and I was badly advised, the combination of that with the fact that it wasnt stated at all on the event or in the email at event launch, resulted in me losing out substantially. I am partly to blame, as is my alliance for the wrong information, as much as I do blame Kabam for not having this clearly stated on the event, it would of taken 30 seconds to change that generic misleading message from 'cant claim rewards until', to 'cant contribute points until'
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

@ItsDamien so people should just stay in alliances they're unhappy with for a whole nother war season? That's your solution?
    I didnt switch, I just picked the game back up recently and didnt know about the 2 week thing, but it's just resulted in the same issues people who have moved alliance during off season have encountered.
    And yes instructions are easy to follow, until you dont have the instructions, that's kind of my point...
    You think I was told not to gift until the timer ran out and I somehow got confused or I'm really stupid and understood 'spend all your units before the timer runs out'? Because that's not what happened, if I'd of known I'd of waited and I'd of saved myself all this time typing and got some tasty rewards. As it happens I thought I knew based on past 4 + years experience of in game events and I was badly advised, the combination of that with the fact that it wasnt stated at all on the event or in the email at event launch, resulted in me losing out substantially. I am partly to blame, as is my alliance for the wrong information, as much as I do blame Kabam for not having this clearly stated on the event, it would of taken 30 seconds to change that generic misleading message from 'cant claim rewards until', to 'cant contribute points until'

You didn't seek out the instructions from an official source. You listened to 3rd party information that was incorrect and got burned for it.

People had time to switch if they wanted to, the ones who switched late didn't prioritise what was important to them. Considering the new War Season didn't begin until AFTER the gifting event began, using that as an excuse is pitiful and shows that you've not looked for official sources of information.

You assumed on 4 years of old information, as well as taking a break, that you knew better, and instead of looking to see if your own information was relevant, you assumed and in doing so have no one else but yourself to blame. Perhaps next time someone asks me how many planets are in our solar system and I answer 9, I can use your argument that my many years of being alive taught me that Pluto is still a planet, when it isn't any more.

You didn't have the foresight to see the warning on the alliance event prior to spending and come to the forums, like you have now that you've made an error in your own fault, and to find out whether you should or shouldn't do something. You have the capacity to post, and you could have done this prior, but you didn't.

The fault here lies with you entirely.
    Crcrcrc said:

Yeah that one that I likely didnt get because I hadnt picked the game back up yet, that one...
    All I know is I didnt see it and I do generally read all mail. If I had seen it, we wouldnt be having this conversation. I joined this alliance 1 week before gifting started and I saw no emails stating anything about not being able to contribute points for 2 weeks.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,957 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Yeah that one that I likely didnt get because I hadnt picked the game back up yet, that one...
    All I know is I didnt see it and I do generally read all mail. If I had seen it, we wouldnt be having this conversation. I joined this alliance 1 week before gifting started and I saw no emails stating anything about not being able to contribute points for 2 weeks.
    There is no reason you wouldn’t have gotten it. Not playing the game doesn’t stop you from getting emails. There were multiple reminders. There was an email, info in the alliance event, in the alliance tab. You could have just come here to ask if there was a fix, but instead you came in saying that you had no clue and this is the game’s fault.
    ItsDamien said:

You didn't seek out the instructions from an official source. You listened to 3rd party information that was incorrect and got burned for it.

People had time to switch if they wanted to, the ones who switched late didn't prioritise what was important to them. Considering the new War Season didn't begin until AFTER the gifting event began, using that as an excuse is pitiful and shows that you've not looked for official sources of information.

You assumed on 4 years of old information, as well as taking a break, that you knew better, and instead of looking to see if your own information was relevant, you assumed and in doing so have no one else but yourself to blame. Perhaps next time someone asks me how many planets are in our solar system and I answer 9, I can use your argument that my many years of being alive taught me that Pluto is still a planet, when it isn't any more.

You didn't have the foresight to see the warning on the alliance event prior to spending and come to the forums, like you have now that you've made an error in your own fault, and to find out whether you should or shouldn't do something. You have the capacity to post, and you could have done this prior, but you didn't.

The fault here lies with you entirely.
    I felt I had enough evidence to be sure, I'm not a stupid individual, if all the evidence points in one direction when do you stop looking for evidence? If any of it had been conflicting the next step would of been the forum, but when you consult your own knowledge, and your alliance, and it all points to the same answer, you tend to be pretty sure. I had no reason to doubt it.
    It's strange to me how you think I'm making some outrageous request, what I'm saying makes sense and would of saved alot of players alot of issues. If you change your product, you put the change on the packaging, not just send out an email and hope everyone reads it.
    I'm saying the warning timer on the event should of state that you cannot contribute points, not just that you cannot claim rewards, when it's clearly different to every other event that uses that generic message where you CAN contribute points, you just have to wait for the rewards.
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

There is no reason you wouldn’t have gotten it. Not playing the game doesn’t stop you from getting emails. There were multiple reminders. There was an email, info in the alliance event, in the alliance tab. You could have just come here to ask if there was a fix, but instead you came in saying that you had no clue and this is the game’s fault.
    I specifically said in one of my last messages I am partly to blame, and so is my alliance, you're the one blindly arguing against half what I say, and ignoring the other half.
    I'm not saying i didnt get it, I'm sure it most likely got delivered to my account. There was no info in the alliance event other than "you cannot claim rewards until", there was also no info in the alliance tab either. But I only joined a week before gifting started, and I saw nothing, no reminders, no notifications, nothing, and no I didnt read through every email that was sat in my inbox when I first logged in, i grabbed whatever freebies there were and skimmed the rest, but since that's seemingly impossible for you to understand we might aswell just leave it there, theres no positive outcome to this, as far as I can tell you just want to argue and I really cba
    You see reasons like this is why I dont come to the forum to ask stuff, people just wanna argue and start **** 🙂
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Can you scroll all the way down in that in-game mail and screenshot again?
    That's as far as it goes, I tried that already
    Anyways I got my answer, its intentional. Hopefully one of the mods might read this and pass it along to make the change I suggested for how small it is and how much frustration it would save.
    And hurray for you lot who are so smart and jump on peoples posts trying to argue because you know everything, God bless you, heres a cookie, I hope one day I'm as smart as you intellectuals, maybe one day I'll be clever enough to spend all day telling people in forums they're wrong #lifegoals 🤗
    Happy new year ✌
    Zan0 said:

Anyways I got my answer, its intentional. Hopefully one of the mods might read this and pass it along to make the change I suggested for how small it is and how much frustration it would save.
    And hurray for you lot who are so smart and jump on peoples posts trying to argue because you know everything, God bless you, heres a cookie, I hope one day I'm as smart as you intellectuals, maybe one day I'll be clever enough to spend all day telling people in forums they're wrong #lifegoals 🤗
    Happy new year ✌

You're suggestions are bad
    #lifegoals
    Thanks for literally proving my point 🤗
    I didnt even have to wait that long 😂
    Enjoy your day 🙂
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,284 Guardian
    There was indeed another IN-GAME MESSAGE that stated the 14-day Contribution lockout...

• JollyHawkJollyHawk Member Posts: 604 ★★★

There was indeed another IN-GAME MESSAGE that stated the 14-day Contribution lockout...

Can you imagine the amount of "where are the rewards????" posts that we're going to see the day after the event ends?

It's like knowing a wreck is going to happen, but not being able to do anything to stop it.....
  • mickysaifmickysaif Member Posts: 2

If that's how it is then fine, like I say I'm not happy about it, and I think I justifiably feel cheated. Had I of known I'd of waited, I specifically asked in my alliance discord and everyone I spoke to said they would count. Hence why we have so many people now with 0 points in the alliance event, now all there is is a bunch of annoyed players that feel cheated because of a rule that serves no one.
    Kabam should really consider changing this, making people wait until after the festivities to have their festivities kind of takes away from the point, like I said, if I'd of had to sit and watch everyone else opening ggcs, and 6 stars, etc for a week over Christmas and I just had to sit on everything and wait I'd be pretty irritated. By all means withhold the rewards, but withholding the points that have been paid for is just ridiculous imo, all it does it hurt players like myself who have recently picked back up, or those who dont follow the forums. Or at least put a warning sticker on the event and the notification for the event going live.

same happened with me I spent 1.2k units but 0 points 😭 I was really hoping for those units in alliance milestones
    Its whatever man, I just wont spend anymore that's all. Rather save my pennies or spend them elsewhere where I actually get what I pay for. I'll stick to saving up the free units, just kinda sad, I like spending on gaming, but every time I spend on this game specifically end up regretting it.