**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 7 (Book 2 Ch 1) - Best content released so far

MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★
I just finished 100% exploration of Book 2 Chapter 1 last night and wanted to thank Kabam for what I believe is the best content released to date. It was the perfect combination of fun and challenging without providing roadblocks that required specific counters. On basically every path and boss you received a benefit for bringing certain champs, but if you didn't have them you could get by with others. I didn't feel the need to Ghost my way through 95% of the content like in Act 6. Having a deep roster was rewarded while not punishing those without one. It was genuinely FUN coming up with counters to the different nodes and figuring out the best options for each path/boss; a complete 180 from Act 6 where you basically had to use specific counters for many paths or else be forced to use a ton of units/revives. The defenders punished you if you messed up, but not overly so. There were some easy fights and some trickier fights, but I never wanted to throw my ipad across the room out of frustration for some BS damage that couldn't be avoided. Everyone I've talked to about Act 7 has also loved playing it - a real joy compared to Act 6. So thank you Kabam for the direction you've moved permanent quest content, I'm really looking forward to Book 2 Chapter 2.

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I don't think it was that challenging but definitely fun, which is great. I just hope they properly have mountains in the game that are challenging skill and roster wise. I'll probably never reach it but it's fun to see others do it
  • Options
    GeniousGenious Posts: 57
    HI_guys said:

Genious said:

It was the perfect combination of fun and challenging

It wasn't challenging at all
    If you're using god tier champs at r5 then yeah. It's a slight inconvenience at best compared to the atrocity of act 6. But it let us use other chamsp we couldn't have usually used
    Act 7 it's supposed to be endgame content, and you should use 'endgame' champions
  • Options

Genious said:

Genious said:

Genious said:

HI_guys said:

Genious said:

If you're using god tier champs at r5 then yeah. It's a slight inconvenience at best compared to the atrocity of act 6. But it let us use other chamsp we couldn't have usually used
    Act 7 it's supposed to be endgame content, and you should use 'endgame' champions
    These trolls that disagree with this fact are the same people that will come to the forums and complain (or even cry) if something is challenging. They are the same people that complain about the Champion in 6.2.6. These people have ruined the game for endgame players
    I disagreed and I liked The Champion fight. I don’t think story content should be ‘endgame content’. It should be progressional content. Content players turn to grow their account, they shouldn’t have to scour the rest of the game in order to play the core content of the game

Story content should give the resources to play the other content in the game.

I’m an endgame player and the game is not ‘ruined’. It’s just not what you want it to be. But the truth is the vast majority are enjoying it much more than previous content, so ‘stop crying about it’
    So what should be endgame content then?
    'Mid-game' players have Act 5, 6, Variants 2-6, Mothly EQ and now they have Act 7 as well.

What Endgame players have? Variant 1. You could say that we have AoL as well, but that's not true. In order to explore 100% AoL you just need 5 champs and a bunch of units. It's not difficult at all

And who said that the vast majority enjoys this type of content much more?

But hey, at least you explained why you disagreed
    I would lean towards more ‘challenge content’ like the maze being released for endgame players. And I would count abyss. In your own words ‘It’s endgame content so you should be using endgame champions’. The players this content is targeting, the ‘endgame players’ should pretty much have most champs in the game. If they don’t they’ve either got pretty unlucky or progressed super fast

And it’s pretty clear the vast majority has enjoyed it. There has been a multitude of threads on here, the reaction on Twitter and YouTube, and in the discord channels in part of all singing its praises.

Personally I wish it was a bit more challenging, but I had fun with it, and that’s all I really want from a game. I’ll take it over act 6 anyday.
    There are plenty of people that have completed Abyss and they don't have a developed roster.
    And I am talking for permanent endgame content. Do you think that Kabam will introduce a new category of quests? (for example there are Variants, Story quests)

And I am telling you again:
    'Mid-game' players have Act 5, 6, Variants 2-6, Mothly EQ and now they have Act 7 as well.
    Endgame players have Variant 1 and AoL

Do you think that the forums represent the community? The forums are FULL of people that they are mid-game players. Of course they are gonna like content that is too easy for them, cause they will be able to progress faster.
    Oh and endgame players generally don't complain about anything. Cause if they complain, then mid-game players are gonna spam disagree or say stupid things
  • Options

Genious said:

Genious said:

Genious said:

Genious said:

HI_guys said:

Genious said:

These trolls that disagree with this fact are the same people that will come to the forums and complain (or even cry) if something is challenging. They are the same people that complain about the Champion in 6.2.6. These people have ruined the game for endgame players
    I disagreed and I liked The Champion fight. I don’t think story content should be ‘endgame content’. It should be progressional content. Content players turn to grow their account, they shouldn’t have to scour the rest of the game in order to play the core content of the game

Story content should give the resources to play the other content in the game.

I’m an endgame player and the game is not ‘ruined’. It’s just not what you want it to be. But the truth is the vast majority are enjoying it much more than previous content, so ‘stop crying about it’
    So what should be endgame content then?

What Endgame players have? Variant 1. You could say that we have AoL as well, but that's not true. In order to explore 100% AoL you just need 5 champs and a bunch of units. It's not difficult at all

And who said that the vast majority enjoys this type of content much more?

But hey, at least you explained why you disagreed
    I would lean towards more ‘challenge content’ like the maze being released for endgame players. And I would count abyss. In your own words ‘It’s endgame content so you should be using endgame champions’. The players this content is targeting, the ‘endgame players’ should pretty much have most champs in the game. If they don’t they’ve either got pretty unlucky or progressed super fast

And it’s pretty clear the vast majority has enjoyed it. There has been a multitude of threads on here, the reaction on Twitter and YouTube, and in the discord channels in part of all singing its praises.

Personally I wish it was a bit more challenging, but I had fun with it, and that’s all I really want from a game. I’ll take it over act 6 anyday.
    There are plenty of people that have completed Abyss and they don't have a developed roster.
    And I am talking for permanent endgame content. Do you think that Kabam will introduce a new category of quests? (for example there are Variants, Story quests)

And I am telling you again:
    Endgame players have Variant 1 and AoL

Do you think that the forums represent the community? The forums are FULL of people that they are mid-game players. Of course they are gonna like content that is too easy for them, cause they will be able to progress faster.
    Oh and endgame players generally don't complain about anything. Cause if they complain, then mid-game players are gonna spam disagree or say stupid things
    That’s why I said I was seeing these things in more than the forums. And more of them are endgame than you might realise

And no, I don’t think they’ll introduce a new type of quest. I think we’ll get the occasional piece of temporary content and a piece of ‘Everest content’ every couple of years, like LOL or Abyss.

And believe me, endgamers complain. Because that’s what a lot of them have been doing on here for the past 3 weeks.

Whether you like it or not, endgamers don’t represent a large portion of the playerbase. It doesn’t make much sense for Kabam to pour resources into content only the top 1-2% can play, compared to mid-late game content which is caters to a much wider category of players, which ultimately keeps them playing, and spending
    What do you mean on Youtube and on Twitter? How many people like this new type of content?

If Kabam isn't going to release new endgame content 3-4 times per year, then a lot of players are gonna quit

You think that 3 weeks of complaining is a lot?
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited December 2020

GOTG said:

There is no endgame content. Kids should be happy. Turns out Santa is real and he appears in Kabam form.

One has to wonder why you’re still playing then. If you hate it, don’t play it. Seems fairly simple to me.
    I love the game, hate new contents.

I guess you only love rewards. Hehe.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Genious said:

Genious said:

HI_guys said:

Genious said:

Basically !

• Options
    LmaoLmao Posts: 842 ★★★
    Damn, all the trolls have gathered here.
    inb4 Kabam closes this thread again.