**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Guardian Top 5 (maybe best or at least most underrated Champ?) in the Tech class?!?

Comments

• Options
    SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★

Lvernon15 said:

I mean that clip isn’t particularly impressive, the healthpool is very small, however I do think he’s one of the most underrated champs, mainly for his utility though, particularly all the huge resistance on his sig

this

the damage with one sp1 is nothing special
    That's my point, only one SP1 and he completely melted like 65K+ health with ONLY 6 Force Field charges on the SP2
    I don’t know about you, but being able to perfect block specials attacks and take 0 damage as well as gaining a huge power boost then allows me to use guardian for a lot of AW boss solos. I don’t care how much attack rating they have; since they can’t hurt Guardian I welcome the bosses to spam those specials for me to perfect block. 3-4 sp3s and one big boi sp2 later and the solo is in the bag.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    The thing that is the most fun about Guardian for me is not the huge burst damage, but the well timed block. There is something very satisfying about blocking annoying specials (Bishop, Warmachine, even Apocalypse long special) and taking no damage.
    People have mentioned him being a Havok counter - Guardian’s blocking abilities turn Havok’s specials into a minigame within the actual fight.
  • Options
    MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★

Lvernon15 said:

I mean that clip isn’t particularly impressive, the healthpool is very small, however I do think he’s one of the most underrated champs, mainly for his utility though, particularly all the huge resistance on his sig

this

That's my point, only one SP1 and he completely melted like 65K+ health with ONLY 6 Force Field charges on the SP2
    I don’t know about you, but being able to perfect block specials attacks and take 0 damage as well as gaining a huge power boost then allows me to use guardian for a lot of AW boss solos. I don’t care how much attack rating they have; since they can’t hurt Guardian I welcome the bosses to spam those specials for me to perfect block. 3-4 sp3s and one big boi sp2 later and the solo is in the bag.
    AGREED!
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

I use guardian a ton and pretty much anything that has a decent health pool i use a sp3 then sp2 and that does the trick. But really his value is in his utility as others have already said. I run suicides and the bleed resistance is just free healing which is great. Anywhere you don't want to crit he works wonders as well. Amazing for safeguard and rage nodes etc. Just a great overall champ and his BP synergy is so good for lots of champs.

AGREED AGAIN!!!

He's so effing great!!
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

That SP2 BOMB vs. an 80K Beast was only with 6 Force Field charges too btw... So if they are stacked up, HOLY SH**
    Lol I know that guardian is amazing but thats nothing to be amazed about. Use a 4* against at least like at 200k champ to get all people impressed. Any 4* can take down a 80k champ :D
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

That SP2 BOMB vs. an 80K Beast was only with 6 Force Field charges too btw... So if they are stacked up, HOLY SH**
    Lol I know that guardian is amazing but thats nothing to be amazed about. Use a 4* against at least like at 200k champ to get all people impressed. Any 4* can take down a 80k champ :D
    Well I had just maxed my 4* and never used him in AQ until this last AQ cycle and when I threw that SP2 and melted him like that, I was honestly shocked and blown away that it killed him.

I knew his SP2 was good but honestly had no idea it could do that much damage, especially after only 1 SP1 and only 6 FF charges stacked....

Sorry to have underwhelmed you so much :neutral:
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Well I had just maxed my 4* and never used him in AQ until this last AQ cycle and when I threw that SP2 and melted him like that, I was honestly shocked and blown away that it killed him.

I knew his SP2 was good but honestly had no idea it could do that much damage, especially after only 1 SP1 and only 6 FF charges stacked....

Lol its fine I already know the sheer power of guardian
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

Lol its fine I already know the sheer power of guardian
    Well it seems some others didn't, like me, or some disagree with how good he is so the topic was worth posting even if it wasn't enlightening to you or for those that don't agree with how awesome he is IMO
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I learned this week that he's also a great quake counter. Shocks the **** out of her if brought below 100% AAR. Completely missed that in his passive ability list until my quake started losing health against him in AW for no apparent reason.

He handles Domino on Aegis in War like a boss too. He's a happy R5 on my roster now and keep dumping sigs into him every chance I get.
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/TrEGwR8YwMQ
    Behold pure undiluted damage and utility I basically ended the fight with 99% HP
    Almost no block damage

That was SICK! I want a 5* or 6* so bad!!!
    Thanks
    Hope you pull him soon he is such a great champ
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021

Lvernon15 said:

this

yeah that damage really isn't like blow my socks off gg op bgt ceo 1000%

edit: not to say guardian is bad champ. He;s definitely an insane champ
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

this

Hmm
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Lvernon15 said:

this

Hmm
    If this doesn't blow your socks off Nothing will
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

this

Hmm
    And this is at rank 4 not even fully leveled up
  • Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    I mean, he's good, and he has a really good block prof synergy, its just that I personally don't like champions that have so much ramp up
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    OMG so much ramp up....

https://streamable.com/973el6
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Would need 2 sp1, 1 sp3, or suicides instead without class advantage but the ramp up needed for anything outside "... of Legends" content is grossly overstated.
  • Options
    Guardian has some incredible utility, you are really missing out if y'all arent taking advantage of it.
    1) Active armor
    2) synergy that increases block prof
    3) no crits
    4) High energy resist
    5) parry projectiles (makes domino a joke), EMP mod, shock, incinerate do nothing to him
    6) bleed resistance
    7) very suicide friendly
    8) highest tech prestige
    9) damage goes through rage nodes
    10) powerdrain when needed

Even when i have no use for him on a lane, i bring him for the block prof synergy, and it helps me immensely in my itemless runs through content.
  • Options
    PadukxaPadukxa Posts: 20
    Guardian is an awesome Champ, I agree you can certainly make an argument for him being a top 5 tech champion.

That being said Gully 2099, Warlock, and Ghost are the three best champions, in the tech pool by far imo. I honestly don't think you can call one of these three better than the other, imo it comes down to the content you are playing and personal preference.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Lvernon15 said:

this

Hmm
    BRO........... OMG....... WOW..... HOLY SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Grean said:

I mean, he's good, and he has a really good block prof synergy, its just that I personally don't like champions that have so much ramp up

what Worknprogress said:

OMG so much ramp up....

• Options

Guardian has some incredible utility, you are really missing out if y'all arent taking advantage of it.
    1) Active armor
    2) synergy that increases block prof
    3) no crits
    4) High energy resist
    5) parry projectiles (makes domino a joke), EMP mod, shock, incinerate do nothing to him
    6) bleed resistance
    7) very suicide friendly
    8) highest tech prestige
    9) damage goes through rage nodes
    10) powerdrain when needed

Even when i have no use for him on a lane, i bring him for the block prof synergy, and it helps me immensely in my itemless runs through content.

Great post!
  • Options

Grean said:

what Worknprogress said:

OMG so much ramp up....

Awesome
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Lvernon15 said:

this

How about taking down ROL Winter Soldier and his 548K health pool with my 4* Guardian in 248 hits? Would that be more sock blowing? LMAO!!!
  • Options
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

this

Hmm
    yall really dont like reading. im aware he has insane damage potential. im saying his damage with a single sp1 and sp2 is really nothing to worry about
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

this

How about taking down ROL Winter Soldier and his 548K health pool with my 4* Guardian in 248 hits? Would that be more sock blowing? LMAO!!!
    read above
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

this

Hmm
    yall really dont like reading. im aware he has insane damage potential. im saying his damage with a single sp1 and sp2 is really nothing to worry about
    So 150k damage with 1 sp1 and sp2 is nothing
    Okay