**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Side Quest - Horrible Design

13»

Comments

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,684 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    One of the benefits of running an alt I don't really care about and having children is that I can test the waters with the alt for limited entry quests without wasting a token on my main, and I can make the boy watch the youtubers figure out the most efficient way of doing things then just give me the gist of it.

No wasted tokens or time, well time notsomuch because my sons explanations are like @DNA3000 posts, full of interesting info but you have to want to sit through it.
  • Options
    b3atub3atu Posts: 22
    edited January 2021
    Personally, I missed out on 2k 6 star shards from the epic milestones. kinda sucks but I'm not gonna complain.

However, to all those saying you need to read the announcement word for word and run the numbers through a freaking spreadsheet: please calm down... this is a videogame... y'all need to get yourself a girlfriend or something and run some numbers on her...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

GagoH said:

There is no reason why just 1 extra token cannot be made available.

This was one of the most confusing events to figure out at first (yes a lot will say it was still manageable once looked into deeper, but lets be honest , most people are just going to dive in the first couple days. The point is mistakes arent tolerable since you only get 32 tokens)

Anything more than 1 token is probably too much, but the one should be made available somehow, maybe through the cav daily offers .

It appears that a lot have accidentally made mistakes as well. Is the point of these side quests suppose to be to have fun ? Well why rob people of a chance at rewards just because an innocent mistake was made

But why only 1 token? What about the people that need 2? Should they be told, "screw you"?

Also, mistakes are tolerable. You only need 30 tokens to complete what you need to. 30 tokens can get you all the Legendary rewards plus the latter half of the Epic rewards. 30 tokens are more than enough for a player to obtain the 10% crystal, so it's not like there was no room for error. There is.
    30 tickets give you 90 tokens. If you want latter half of epic and 10% t5cc you need 95 tokens. So you need 32 tickets still
    That's just it. We're not supposed to have it all.
  • Options
    Thunder5715Thunder5715 Posts: 98
    DNA3000 said:

Skadi2604 said:

Its not like we're asking for much. Just one more entry for those that slipped up. I really really really don't see the problem in giving 1-2 more entries...

Or 3, or 4, and if 4 is okay 5 is just one more. And how can you screw the people who need 6 more, when you're willing to give 5.
    Give the number of extra tokens which can't be used to get the next milestone of rewards. For example, if you give 5 extra tokens then everyone can get the 5* awakening gem crystal too.

So anything upto 4 is just for mistakes. From 5 upward, we get into the same loop we are currently in.
  • Options
    EinfachSoEinfachSo Posts: 269 ★★
    But why? Why should kabam now give extra tokens to players who make mistakes or don't read correctly?
    Yes, the event required a bit more "planning" than usual, but it really wasn't that hard to understand.
  • Options
    I see it like this. You got 32 tokens. To get all the "Cavalier/legendary" rewards, you needed 27. That means you had 5 extra tokens that were there for mistakes.
    If you want extra rewards (the 2000 6* shards from epic) you can't afford any mistakes 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    EinfachSo said:

I see it like this. You got 32 tokens. To get all the "Cavalier/legendary" rewards, you needed 27. That means you had 5 extra tokens that were there for mistakes.
    If you want extra rewards (the 2000 6* shards from epic) you can't afford any mistakes 🤷🏻‍♂️

Are you saying you’ve never made a mistake before? The whole point of the game is to have fun, not remind people how the event works when they already know as Its called an accidental mistake for a reason. “You cant afford any mistakes” is the dumbest thing ive heard when it comes to side quests which are supposed to be laid back and chill.
  • Options
    Of course I have made many mistakes in my life...like in football but I didn't go to the association afterwards and say "I made a mistake because I didn't read the rules, can we please replay the game".
  • Options
    This is an organised video game and to get the maximum you should know the rules of an event. But you're stuck anyway, keep begging for some extra tokens 👍🏻
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

For the record, I have no issues at all with it. What other SQs gave us a whole 6*?

The rewards were great the design was underwhelming
    I don't see the two as being separated.
    For me, I look at the Rewards in relation to the effort. I'd rather have something like this than M.O.D.O.K Labs. RNGesus controls the Nodes and you're at the mercy of other things, for Rewards that aren't worth the amount of stress that goes into it. This one was perfectly reasonable. Being bored is a luxury.
    Well I'm glad you are ok with being bored but no one else is.
  • Options
    NaedNaed Posts: 7
    Add me to the list of "screwed" with one mistake. I could have sworn I picked the Epic and the game glitched. once I was in I was wondering why the PI was not any different on epic. OOPS. I better complete it anyway.

At the very least, they need top open a store to let us downgrade the stamps. That is not an unreasonable request for them to correct bad design, especially when the rewards for the quest never identified in the summary.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Naed said:

Add me to the list of "screwed" with one mistake. I could have sworn I picked the Epic and the game glitched. once I was in I was wondering why the PI was not any different on epic. OOPS. I better complete it anyway.

At the very least, they need top open a store to let us downgrade the stamps. That is not an unreasonable request for them to correct bad design, especially when the rewards for the quest never identified in the summary.

The rewards were stated in the IGM. If you couldn't take the time to read it, you have no right to complain.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Please just open a store and let me trade in my legendary stamps for epic stamps.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Skadi2604 said:

I just cant believe that this community is so toxic and act like they give the tokens from their own account. I just cant believe the comments that im seeing....

The event actually required thought to optimize. It encouraged people to study it. It encouraged Youtubers to make guides to navigate it. It rewarded thinking and not just tapping on a screen alone. All these things are good things, but none of them are possible if failure is impossible, if you don't have to think and consider your actions, if you don't have to read and consider the consequences of your choices, if the right choice didn't offer better rewards and the wrong choice offered lesser rewards. If players can just do whatever and get bailed out, even on trivial tasks like counting tokens, then trying to reward thinking in the game is pointless, and its all just meathead screen bashing.

If people can't advocate allowing the game to ask people to count to 32 without calculator help and multiple tries without being called toxic, then that word ceases to have any meaning for me and you can pin it on anyone you want. Start with me.
    I did all of that so I finished my legendary runs first. One glitch/mis-hit of the screen and I land in legendary again.I planned it all out and it still didn't pan out.
  • Options
    BasamiBasami Posts: 15
    Sometimes **** happens. I misclicked by accident on my last run and did legendary instead of epic. Is that my bad: yes. Should kabam say bad luck you get nothing: no

I send them a ticket while I was still in the quest.

To be fair: the forumpost kabam posted said that we would get 16 tokens on day 1. After a few hours into the event they changed it to 8 at day 1 and another 8 after a week. If they would treat us like one of their own we would get another token because that is the right thing to do. But no it states that we only get 32 no more. Well it stated we would get 16 tokens on day 1 too. Apparently that they can change but give 1 more entry hell no.........
  • Options
    Here is the response from Kabam, "Thank you for contacting us at Kabam Support about accidentally using a Token in entering the Legendary difficulty of the Jubilee's Arcade-ia instead of the epic mode.

I wanted to share with you that the usage of the Tokens is final, as such, Kabam Support cannot refund these items. It was also mentioned in our forums to remind Summoners to be careful with their Tokens use. We also are not able to exchange the Legendary Prize Stamps you have acquired with Epic Prize Stamps. Additionally, the incorrect usage of tokens can result in being unable to complete the objectives the Summoner wanted to achieve."

I ddi not ask for another token, yet the response suggests that I did. I asked specifically (and kindly) for a stamp reduction in addition to correction of the individual quest rewards ...

"Would you please be able to help me correct this error and "downgrade" my 3 legendary stamps from that run into epic stamps? I would also want the rewards from that legendary run downgraded to match the epic runs, so that all aspects of that run would match the epic event. I appreciate your consideration."

While I am interpreting their response as "$%&#-off" , it's the unapologetic way I was presumed to be asking for something extra and then brushed off by being directed to "go to the forums for an explanation" that frustrates me the most.

The zero empathy we see from Kabam towards honest mistakes comes from a place where there is an underground aspect that continues to try and cheat and undermine the game to hack to the top.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Horrible design through and through. My main gripe is how monotonous it is and the worse part is that you have just enough tickets to maximize rewards. At least give us a cushion of 2-3 more tickets, also the explanation was super confusing unnecessarily.