**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Side Quest - Horrible Design

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021

Wrong about what? This information wasn’t sent out to us or available in game.

Cope.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Skadi2604 said:

I just cant believe that this community is so toxic and act like they give the tokens from their own account. I just cant believe the comments that im seeing....

The event actually required thought to optimize. It encouraged people to study it. It encouraged Youtubers to make guides to navigate it. It rewarded thinking and not just tapping on a screen alone. All these things are good things, but none of them are possible if failure is impossible, if you don't have to think and consider your actions, if you don't have to read and consider the consequences of your choices, if the right choice didn't offer better rewards and the wrong choice offered lesser rewards. If players can just do whatever and get bailed out, even on trivial tasks like counting tokens, then trying to reward thinking in the game is pointless, and its all just meathead screen bashing.

If people can't advocate allowing the game to ask people to count to 32 without calculator help and multiple tries without being called toxic, then that word ceases to have any meaning for me and you can pin it on anyone you want. Start with me.
    This is so much nothing.

How does this relate to people doing a room that gave 2 tokens instead of 3 on their first entry when there was no way to know some gave 2 and some gave 3 without trial and error? Why even make rooms that give 2 when choosing those will screw you over? This isn’t people picking the wrong champs for nodes. We shouldn’t need YouTube explanations for how to do a side quest that should’ve been very straight forward. Like people said, it’s just math. If they gave us the numbers we had to add up when it started, we wouldn’t have a problem. They didn’t do that though. You only found out some gave 2 after you tried them out or waited around for someone else to play and tell you. Who wants to wait every month for youtubers to do the basic side quest before trying it? Again, this isn’t a boss rush that people didn’t plan for. This was Kabam giving bad options that only resulted in people losing rewards.
    It's Math. Correct. For the highest Milestone, you need 80 Legendary. The most you can get is 96, so even if you wasted a week doing nothing, figuring out how it works, you could still get that.
    The Quest encourages people to make decisions on what they want. You either want Mats, Shards, or a mixture of the two. What it doesn't necessarily encourage is getting both Epic and Legendary Rewards. Not without sacrifice.

Wrong about what? This information wasn’t sent out to us or available in game.

Cope.
    Cool you got me man. What did you win?
    It’s still a poorly designed side quest and I’m not only one that thought so. Keep defending them though like that’ll get you a golden star.
    Lol I win the satisfaction of knowing that you're wrong. Furthermore, I'm not saying that it wasn't poorly designed–I actually hated the monotony of it, but keep assuming sweetheart.
    For the record, I have no issues at all with it. What other SQs gave us a whole 6*?
  • Skadi2604Skadi2604 Posts: 23
    You know the post is over when GW comes to troll
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Skadi2604 said:

I just cant believe that this community is so toxic and act like they give the tokens from their own account. I just cant believe the comments that im seeing....

The event actually required thought to optimize. It encouraged people to study it. It encouraged Youtubers to make guides to navigate it. It rewarded thinking and not just tapping on a screen alone. All these things are good things, but none of them are possible if failure is impossible, if you don't have to think and consider your actions, if you don't have to read and consider the consequences of your choices, if the right choice didn't offer better rewards and the wrong choice offered lesser rewards. If players can just do whatever and get bailed out, even on trivial tasks like counting tokens, then trying to reward thinking in the game is pointless, and its all just meathead screen bashing.

If people can't advocate allowing the game to ask people to count to 32 without calculator help and multiple tries without being called toxic, then that word ceases to have any meaning for me and you can pin it on anyone you want. Start with me.
    This is so much nothing.

How does this relate to people doing a room that gave 2 tokens instead of 3 on their first entry when there was no way to know some gave 2 and some gave 3 without trial and error? Why even make rooms that give 2 when choosing those will screw you over? This isn’t people picking the wrong champs for nodes. We shouldn’t need YouTube explanations for how to do a side quest that should’ve been very straight forward. Like people said, it’s just math. If they gave us the numbers we had to add up when it started, we wouldn’t have a problem. They didn’t do that though. You only found out some gave 2 after you tried them out or waited around for someone else to play and tell you. Who wants to wait every month for youtubers to do the basic side quest before trying it? Again, this isn’t a boss rush that people didn’t plan for. This was Kabam giving bad options that only resulted in people losing rewards.
    Actually I found out the first two rooms gave two stamps and the third one gave three stamps the day they announced the event, when the forum announcement explicitly stated every single reward every event contained per run, including stamps. And for people who do not read the forums and only read the in-game mail, that also stated how many stamps each event contained.
  • Rewards are a solid 10/10 I really like the choice based events, the thing that I found counter intuitive is that really only one of the three events is relevant, the other two are red herrings.

It would have been nice if they mixed up the opponents too. I can see why they didn’t - you only get one entry so this way you know what you’re up against and aren’t playing blind, but honestly I’m sick to death of fighting the same champs on the same nodes in the same order, 8 times in a row.
    Skadi2604 said:

Not the person who says other individuals are "toxic" for not agreeing with him/her calling GW a "troll".
    Skadi2604 said:

By all means, feel free to point out where my comments were incorrect.
    Mauled said:

Rewards are a solid 10/10 I really like the choice based events, the thing that I found counter intuitive is that really only one of the three events is relevant, the other two are red herrings.

It would have been nice if they mixed up the opponents too. I can see why they didn’t - you only get one entry so this way you know what you’re up against and aren’t playing blind, but honestly I’m sick to death of fighting the same champs on the same nodes in the same order, 8 times in a row.

Yeah for me the monotony is the only thing that I disliked about this event. Feels like I'm stuck in Strange's timeloop.
  • Skadi2604Skadi2604 Posts: 23

Skadi2604 said:

Not the person who says other individuals are "toxic" for not agreeing with him/her calling GW a "troll".
    Dude you're toxic because instead of helping someone that did an innocent mistake you would rather punish them even though it doesnt help you at all. And those arguments that you made in my post... But thats it. Im out of here. You won. I hope you have a good day. And sry if i ruined it. Have fun bro.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    The little issue with those doing 2 stamps is that it required another two "meaningless" runs to get the profile picture.

Maybe it is not "meaningless" after all since the profile pic is the reward to do it.
    Skadi2604 said:

Skadi2604 said:

Dude you're toxic because instead of helping someone that did an innocent mistake you would rather punish them even though it doesnt help you at all. And those arguments that you made in my post... But thats it. Im out of here. You won. I hope you have a good day. And sry if i ruined it. Have fun bro.
    I'm not trying to "punish" anyone. The reason I disagreed was that it's simply not reasonable to give people extra tokens. If that makes me toxic, then I'd say to get a proper definition.
  • Skadi2604 said:

Ima fan the flames and point to your grumble post about Rogue - did you get your solution to that by the way?

Some people just be... well you know
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Skadi2604 said:

Same here. Lost 2000 shards just for a innocent mistake... At least give out another 1-2-3 entries because this event was confusing as hell

Same here.
    Mauled said:

Skadi2604 said:

Ima fan the flames and point to your grumble post about Rogue - did you get your solution to that by the way?

Some people just be... well you know
    That was a me thing. Not the Quest. I asked everyone what they used to deal with her. Turns out I was just overtired when I jumped in. Even in that Post, I never said the issue was the design.
  • TheJargonTheJargon Posts: 19
    I just messed this up too, entered legendary difficulty on auto pilot :'(
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

For the record, I have no issues at all with it. What other SQs gave us a whole 6*?

The rewards were great the design was underwhelming

The rewards were great the design was underwhelming
    I don't see the two as being separated.
    For me, I look at the Rewards in relation to the effort. I'd rather have something like this than M.O.D.O.K Labs. RNGesus controls the Nodes and you're at the mercy of other things, for Rewards that aren't worth the amount of stress that goes into it. This one was perfectly reasonable. Being bored is a luxury.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    There is no reason why just 1 extra token cannot be made available.

This was one of the most confusing events to figure out at first (yes a lot will say it was still manageable once looked into deeper, but lets be honest , most people are just going to dive in the first couple days. The point is mistakes arent tolerable since you only get 32 tokens)

Anything more than 1 token is probably too much, but the one should be made available somehow, maybe through the cav daily offers .

It appears that a lot have accidentally made mistakes as well. Is the point of these side quests suppose to be to have fun ? Well why rob people of a chance at rewards just because an innocent mistake was made
    GagoH said:

There is no reason why just 1 extra token cannot be made available.

This was one of the most confusing events to figure out at first (yes a lot will say it was still manageable once looked into deeper, but lets be honest , most people are just going to dive in the first couple days. The point is mistakes arent tolerable since you only get 32 tokens)

Anything more than 1 token is probably too much, but the one should be made available somehow, maybe through the cav daily offers .

It appears that a lot have accidentally made mistakes as well. Is the point of these side quests suppose to be to have fun ? Well why rob people of a chance at rewards just because an innocent mistake was made

But why only 1 token? What about the people that need 2? Should they be told, "screw you"?

Also, mistakes are tolerable. You only need 30 tokens to complete what you need to. 30 tokens can get you all the Legendary rewards plus the latter half of the Epic rewards. 30 tokens are more than enough for a player to obtain the 10% crystal, so it's not like there was no room for error. There is.
  • Invicta_HellionInvicta_Hellion Posts: 220 ★★
    I wasted my first run by entering a wrong quest :( what's worse is that I just had completed x men at legendary by using units to cover my previous backlog
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    This event is okay. The only thing I wish was different was that the event could have been explained better and something could have done to make it more interesting other than doing the same 9 fights 32 times in a month.