**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kingpin is the third best skill champion in the game and it isn’t even close

1235»

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    IceBro said:

Crcrcrc said:

IceBro said:

Etjama said:

IceBro said:

IceBro said:

Etjama said:

@IceBro you're cappin, right? Mole-Man has far superior utility to Kingpin.

What's his utility? Did I miss something in his abilities?
    0_o

Reliable true accuracy, access to tons of debuffs, easy opening and “intercepts”, tons of guarenteed crits, shock immune, really good shrug off, good defender, XL, strong phys resistance, resist.
    Tbh you can't even compare the debuff shrugging of the two. Kingpin is far superior in that category. As for the other things? Yeah... KP does have some physical resist and easy openings with the unstoppable and power lock. Plus you can't enter frenzy to benefit from the true accuracy like @HeraldofGalactus said. I don't see how any of that is better than a 60% chance to shrug any debuff, 100% chance to shrug 8 debuffs to enter overpower, unblockable specials during Overpower, unstoppable on heavy and after sp2, willpower healing, stackable lengthy 65% AAR debuff that also reduces attack by 50% (will help with debuffs in act 6/7), and power lock after the opponent throws a special. All this not even using the Hood or DD synegies.
    60% chance is not enough when you need to shrug debuffs. Mole-Man has 100% chance without synergies. Kingpin's openings with unstoppable aren't nearly as good since Mole-Man can activate Unstoppable and "intercept" on every blocked hit throughout the whole fight while Kingpin can only do that for 7.5 seconds after a Sp2. Sure, he can't have his true accuracy and be in frenzy at the same time, but it's easy to not go into frenzy and his damage is still great... so why does it matter? In other words, again, Mole-Man does everything Kingpin does but better and he does more.
    From my personal testing of the champ... it certainly is. Only time you would need 100% is if the debuffs are ticking really hard like backblast or something like that. Kingpin has ways to reduce the debuff damage and quickly shrug it via his sig ability, sp2 unstoppable, evasion or autoblock of the enemy, etc. Willpower healing is key. What makes Kingpin's unstoppable so special is that it gives you rage in return and allows you to smack down into an opponent especially if they throw a special. Mole Man on the other hand only has unstoppable for a short duration after taking a blocked hit. Heck, Kingpin's heavy attack is almost equivalent to that but given through a different way. Both give physical resist.
    So the only time you need 100% purify chance is like, all the damaging debuff nodes in all of Act 6? Mole Man has way more uses
    I went up to Torch on an act 7 biohazard path. Reason I couldn't go any further was because I slipped up and took a few hits on one fight and accidentally brought him against torch when his sp2 has energy blasts. Other than that he was handling the path really well without the Hood synergy and regening back the DoT with his willpower. Mole Man can't even fight Biohazard so I don't know why you think his purify is better.
    Have you even bothered trying to use Mole Man on biohazard? Cause Mole Man works just as well and doesn't need a synergy. And I'm calling cap on that. Say what you want, but there's no way in hell he's regening enough to keep up with a powerful debuff. He has a 50% regen rate so between his rage and bleeds from biohazard, he's healing for 1 debuff worth. In other words, he heals the exact same amount that any other champ would with Willpower which means Agent Venom takes less damage not hat path than he does because of 10% extra purify chance. So now that we've got that set aside, sure, Kingpin works well enough on that path with a synergy, but why would you bring in Kingpin with a synergy to deal with a path like biohazard when you could use Mole Man and someone else? Or why not just straight up bring 2 bleed/double/pseudo immunes? Neither Mole Man or Kingpin are anywhere near my first choice for biohazard cause they'll both still take damage, but I'd rather not have to bring a synergy with me if I have a choice.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    MM does more damage.
    https://youtu.be/LoshflwpFbY