**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kingpin is the third best skill champion in the game and it isn’t even close

Comments

• IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    edited February 2021

1. Nick
    2. Ægon
    3. Kingpin (maybe)
    4. Falcon
    5. Elsa

The way I see top 5 skill is:

1. Aegon
    2. Nick Fury
    3. Stealthy
    4. Falcon
    5. Korg/Hit Monkey

Honorable mentions: Gwenpool, KM, Elsa, Taskmaster, NT, Masacre, Ronin (Sorry BWDO not enough utility)

Aegon's ramp up is annoying by he is undeniably dominant in endgame content, moreso than Nick Fury as a solo lane clearer. Kingpin is looking to be in the 3rd spot if not 2nd if all goes well.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

IceBro said:

1. Nick
    2. Ægon
    3. Kingpin (maybe)
    4. Falcon
    5. Elsa

1. Aegon
    2. Nick Fury
    3. Stealthy
    4. Falcon
    5. Korg/Hit Monkey

Honorable mentions: Gwenpool, KM, Elsa, Taskmaster, NT, Masacre, Ronin (Sorry BWDO not enough utility)

Aegon's ramp up is annoying by he is undeniably dominant in endgame content, moreso than Nick Fury as a solo lane clearer. Kingpin is looking to be in the 3rd spot if not 2nd if all goes well.
    Korg 💀
    He needs synergies which is why i place him low
    Exactly.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★

IceBro said:

1. Nick
    2. Ægon
    3. Kingpin (maybe)
    4. Falcon
    5. Elsa

1. Aegon
    2. Nick Fury
    3. Stealthy
    4. Falcon
    5. Korg/Hit Monkey

Personally, I don't think Kingpin will be able to touch the top 2. Nick and Aegon both have amazing damage yes but they also have amazing utility. Nick also has some great synergies. Kingpin though on paper seems to have good damage but not much utility, especially without synergies.
    If u think abt it, nick and kingpin have almost the same utilties but with different accesibilty . Nick can shrug of dubuff . But he can only shrug of damaging debuff in lmd . Kingpin can do it better with synergy. As of evade counter, kingpin can do it in his heavy attack while nick needs to have 5 tactical charges. I think kingpin can compete with nick if he have atleast the same amount of damage.
    edited February 2021

IceBro said:

1. Nick
    2. Ægon
    3. Kingpin (maybe)
    4. Falcon
    5. Elsa

1. Aegon
    2. Nick Fury
    3. Stealthy
    4. Falcon
    5. Korg/Hit Monkey

Personally, I don't think Kingpin will be able to touch the top 2. Nick and Aegon both have amazing damage yes but they also have amazing utility. Nick also has some great synergies. Kingpin though on paper seems to have good damage but not much utility, especially without synergies.
    Kingpin's main utility seems to be the shrugging of debuffs. Constant healing is also a big plus and his Black ISO debuff will be a huge attack decrease for the opponent, especially with the resonate mastery... essentially reducing their attack by 50-65%. To be fair, 65% AAR is no joke either paired with the pacify mastery because that's up to 95% AAR. I think the Hood synergy's usefulness will depend upon the order of debuffs which get shrugged when entering overpower, because if DoT debuffs are shrugged first then that will still make him viable for DoT fights with willpower from both the dot debuff and rage debuff canceling out the damage. DDHK synergy though seems like a niche one for whenever you need evade countering although his black iso debuff will likely have that covered.
    Crcrcrc said:

KRoNX1 said:

IceBro said:

1. Nick
    2. Ægon
    3. Kingpin (maybe)
    4. Falcon
    5. Elsa

1. Aegon
    2. Nick Fury
    3. Stealthy
    4. Falcon
    5. Korg/Hit Monkey

If u think abt it, nick and kingpin have almost the same utilties but with different accesibilty . Nick can shrug of dubuff . But he can only shrug of damaging debuff in lmd . Kingpin can do it better with synergy. As of evade counter, kingpin can do it in his heavy attack while nick needs to have 5 tactical charges. I think kingpin can compete with nick if he have atleast the same amount of damage.
    Kingpin does not have insane synergies, the ability to tank a special 3, complete stun immunity, or full unblockable for potentially the entire fight. Kingpin won’t even come close.
    Kingpin will in fact have stun immunity as long as another debuff isn't applied before the 0.5 second duration is up. His special attacks will be unblockable though when he has an overpower buff up.

IceBro said:

1. Nick
    2. Ægon
    3. Kingpin (maybe)
    4. Falcon
    5. Elsa

1. Aegon
    2. Nick Fury
    3. Stealthy
    4. Falcon
    5. Korg/Hit Monkey

Korg 💀
    I'm actually kind of disappointed that you of all the people on these forums find a special respect for Ronin but not in Korg.
    Crcrcrc said:

KRoNX1 said:

IceBro said:

1. Nick
    2. Ægon
    3. Kingpin (maybe)
    4. Falcon
    5. Elsa

1. Aegon
    2. Nick Fury
    3. Stealthy
    4. Falcon
    5. Korg/Hit Monkey

Kingpin does not have insane synergies, the ability to tank a special 3, complete stun immunity, or full unblockable for potentially the entire fight. Kingpin won’t even come close.
    he dont have insane synergy, okay but he dont have to be played at 30% health , can regen throughout the fight using willpower , Can purify debuffs including stun ( I cant remember any situation where ull get stunned in 0.5 sec ) , tanky . Unblockable just makes the gameplay easier and that means a lot for nick becuz he have to be played at 30% health. Kingpin dont actually need that . Lets just wait to see his buff . Maybe i am completely wrong .
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    I always laugh at these ranking lists because there's no such thing as a "best". Different Champs have different uses. For example, Aegon is pretty useless in a Fight that is over before he can make use of the ramp-up. Fury has his own limitations as well. Every Champ has strengths and weaknesses, and it all depends on what content you're using them in.
    (Side note, as the owner of a 6* KP, I'm just happy to have him buffed.)
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    KRoNX1 said:

Crcrcrc said:

KRoNX1 said:

IceBro said:

1. Nick
    2. Ægon
    3. Kingpin (maybe)
    4. Falcon
    5. Elsa

1. Aegon
    2. Nick Fury
    3. Stealthy
    4. Falcon
    5. Korg/Hit Monkey

he dont have insane synergy, okay but he dont have to be played at 30% health , can regen throughout the fight using willpower , Can purify debuffs including stun ( I cant remember any situation where ull get stunned in 0.5 sec ) , tanky . Unblockable just makes the gameplay easier and that means a lot for nick becuz he have to be played at 30% health. Kingpin dont actually need that . Lets just wait to see his buff . Maybe i am completely wrong .
    Yes it's wrong to judge champs but it's fun to speculate so far. Hopefully the buff comes in 11 and a bit hours itself rather than on tuesday.
    Now if we could just do Karnak, I'd be happy. He was my first 6*. Lol.
  • evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Posts: 212
    I could've duped my 6 * from a GGC 6* NEXUS ...def kickin myself now

I already think he was a bit undervalued pre-buff

Fisk will be a maniac now 👍

Now if we could just do Karnak, I'd be happy. He was my first 6*. Lol.

I am waiting for superior iron man, dorm and yondu's buff. Thats 3 out of 4 6*s i own.
    edited February 2021

I always laugh at these ranking lists because there's no such thing as a "best". Different Champs have different uses. For example, Aegon is pretty useless in a Fight that is over before he can make use of the ramp-up. Fury has his own limitations as well. Every Champ has strengths and weaknesses, and it all depends on what content you're using them in.

There IS no such thing as best... unless you exclude Quake; but anyways there is a top 5 or maybe 10 for every class for their content coverage based on their utilities and damage somewhat. Those champs are the definite top tier meta of the class without a doubt. If a champion has a niche use then they shouldn't belong in the top lists when discussing viability to save you resources. These are the champions that usually have the most minimal weaknesses.
    IceBro said:

There IS no such thing as best... unless you exclude Quake; but anyways there is a top 5 or maybe 10 for every class for their content coverage based on their utilities and damage somewhat. Those champs are the definite top tier meta of the class without a doubt. If a champion has a niche use then they shouldn't belong in the top lists when discussion viability to save you resources.
    See, that's where I differ. I don't limit my Ranking choices to popular opinions. Sure, I Rank the usual (HT, Doom, Warlock, etc.), but I also Rank whatever else I want. Ranking isn't such a dire choice for me. I also Rank who I like. I took Platpool to R5 over AA. My first R4 5* was Mephisto, and he got me through quite a bit of content. Ranking is a continuous process. We never stop. I don't see it as a steadfast choice to adhere to any list, really. I was a fan of Mole Man and Terrax before it was cool. I love Silver Surfer. I knew Tigra was bomb before everyone caught on. Just like anything, I take reviews with a grain of salt. I keep my ear to the ground, but the final choice rests in what I want. I think the game would be very boring indeed if we had as many Champs as we do and everyone stuck to the same ones.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    The Killmonger disrespect in here while I was asleep
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Where is details On KP buff.. I have not seen released anywhere
    Monk1 said:

Most CCP members have a video on it.

Monk1 said:

Most CCP members have a video on it.
    So they have not officially released it then
    Will wait for proper details to make judgement
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Has anyone used ddhk against void? Rage debuff is still a Debuff right and that would make kingpin a horrible matchup against void right? Or is it a special kind of debuff which does not count towards voids abilities?
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Has anyone used ddhk against void? Rage debuff is still a Debuff right and that would make kingpin a horrible matchup against void right? Or is it a special kind of debuff which does not count towards voids abilities?

No void degens on rage debuff too.
  • do you usually make such outrageous threads like that other dude who made that apoc dud thread? Folks like you clutter the forums.
    wait for the buff to be released before making stupid comments.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

Pulyaman said:

It is a fundamental flaw. Skill has class disadvantage over science and skill champs are know for shrugging off debuffs which make them effective against science. Giving skill champs a permanent debuff especially against a champ like void who thrives on debuffs make no sense to me.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

It is a fundamental flaw. Skill has class disadvantage over science and skill champs are know for shrugging off debuffs which make them effective against science. Giving skill champs a permanent debuff especially against a champ like void who thrives on debuffs make no sense to me.
    *Skill has class advantage against science

And ever class has it's exceptions. Sure most champs in a class follow a certain template of charecteristics but every class has certain exceptions with their champions and kit.