**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kingpin is the third best skill champion in the game and it isn’t even close

Comments

• PupkacPupkac Posts: 75
    Would u rank up unduped 6* kingpin to rank 2 with gem? I have rank up skill gem and noone else to use on...
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Pupkac said:

Would u rank up unduped 6* kingpin to rank 2 with gem? I have rank up skill gem and noone else to use on...

I am sitting in a skill gem and kingpin. I still need to play him a bit more to decide. For now, if you don't want any obvious choices, I would sit on the gem for a month and if you like the playstyle, take him to rank 2
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

I like how funko is following KD's footsteps in giving comedic takes on champs and buffs even before release. I am highly entertained.

yeah I mean this post isn’t supposed to be serious I’m just making fun of kd at this point but I guess people don’t understand that 🤷‍♂️
    No one sees it that way. Both annoying spam posts, non stop.
    I’ve only made one wdym non stop
    It's 2.
    the Elsa one was me being serious. This is a joke (though it has sparked some healthy discussion, so hey)
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    Defo a better champ than before, never won a fight when the opponent was equal to him so much improved
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Does no one here understand the power of night thrasher?
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★

3rd best skill is NT

Ahh yes
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    Rouger4 said:

Does no one here understand the power of night thrasher?

He's a really good champ,evade and AB counter,great furies,helpful debuffs,but let's just discuss about kingpin,to me kingpin is a really good champ,but I don't think he's solid god or anyone who got buffed,everyone is god tier imo,except YJ,he's low demi I guess.Let the disagrees come in.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    i'm fine with everyone arguing who is in top 5 skill or not as long as we all agree NF is the best skill
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    edited February 2021

I think kingpin would be of falcon's level

Kingpin is just fat Aegon without the ramp up.

can you all please stop detailing the thread

argue about kingpin

People call Kingpin fat but he's actually just swol
  • Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Etjama said:

@Jaded just leave. You're complaining about this thread yet you're the only reason it's still going. You talk about wasting energy making a joke thread while you're wasting energy constantly complaining about it, you absolute hypocrite.

Not at all, I stopped posting after @SpideyFunko first ask to stop arguing. I’m not without respect for others requests.

Others continued, then I responded back.

Ignorance is bliss.

Unblockable heavy. Mhm.

If ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest person on earth.
    Oh so we can’t make requests of the game 🤦‍♂️. Gtfo you make no sense.
    What is the point of an unblockable heavy if it has 100% chance to block break when not in AW?
    And arena sadly
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

argue about kingpin

When they buffed Kingpin they really meant “buff” huh
  • H3t3r said:

argue about kingpin

When they buffed Kingpin they really meant “buff” huh
    Yep
  • IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    edited February 2021

jschweri said:

Mole God is better! Just wait for Seatin's tier list...

Seatin's list is his personal opinion m8. It's not the word of God. Test it out for yourself atleast before accepting it as such. I however, do think that Mole Man will be better. Has more utility and isn't exactly lacking in damage.
    Don't know if it's bugged or not but when mole man activates frenzy under 10 monster mass, he gains true accuracy for the duration of frenzy. If this is not intended and he can only gain true accuracy while not in frenzy... he will completely lack utility in frenzy besides maybe the counter block. Even with this bug he still wont have enough utility to even scratch Kingpin's imo. Kingpin can shut down a lot of stuff and shrug everything as well as constantly heal. I don't think Mole Man will have enough utility to compete with him but he does excel in damage.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    IceBro said:

jschweri said:

Mole God is better! Just wait for Seatin's tier list...

Seatin's list is his personal opinion m8. It's not the word of God. Test it out for yourself atleast before accepting it as such. I however, do think that Mole Man will be better. Has more utility and isn't exactly lacking in damage.
    Don't know if it's bugged or not but when mole man activates frenzy under 10 monster mass, he gains true accuracy for the duration of frenzy. If this is not intended and he can only gain true accuracy while not in frenzy... he will completely lack utility in frenzy besides maybe the counter block. Even with this bug he still wont have enough utility to even scratch Kingpin's imo. Kingpin can shut down a lot of stuff and shrug everything as well as constantly heal. I don't think Mole Man will have enough utility to compete with him but he does excel in damage.
    it's a visual bug, he doesn't have true strike in frenzy
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    @IceBro you're cappin, right? Mole-Man has far superior utility to Kingpin.
    Etjama said:

What's his utility? Did I miss something in his abilities?
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    IceBro said:

Etjama said:

0_o

Reliable true accuracy, access to tons of debuffs, easy opening and “intercepts”, tons of guarenteed crits, shock immune, really good shrug off, good defender, XL, strong phys resistance, resist.
    edited February 2021
    IceBro said:

Etjama said:

He literally does everything Kingpin does, but he doesn't need synergies for his debuff shrug and evade counter, plus he has shock immunity, ignores armor, auto-block, and resistances, and has guaranteed crits. And his access to unstoppable is much better and allows him to bypass stun immune and "intercept" the opponent.
    Etjama said:

IceBro said:

Etjama said:

He literally does everything Kingpin does, but he doesn't need synergies for his debuff shrug and evade counter to be reliable, plus he has shock immunity, ignores armor up, auto-block, and resistances, and has guaranteed crits.
    Kingpin actually doesn't need synergies imo for his debuff shrug. Again I used Kingpin without Hood in Cav EQ where they have like 5k attack and I don't even have a 6* KP who has adrenaline too. I would only use Hood if the debuff in the path was really damaging or something like that. Don't forget that KP has AAR on his sp1 that can shut down evade. Each time they evade anyways he gets a rage which allows his to gain more power and throw more sp1s if needed.
    IceBro said:

Etjama said:

IceBro said:

Etjama said:

He literally does everything Kingpin does, but he doesn't need synergies for his debuff shrug and evade counter to be reliable, plus he has shock immunity, ignores armor up, auto-block, and resistances, and has guaranteed crits.
    Kingpin actually doesn't need synergies imo for his debuff shrug. Again I used Kingpin without Hood in Cav EQ where they have like 5k attack and I don't even have a 6* KP who has adrenaline too. I would only use Hood if the debuff in the path was really damaging or something like that. Don't forget that KP has AAR on his sp1 that can shut down evade. Each time they evade anyways he gets a rage which allows his to gain more power and throw more sp1s if needed.
    Neither of those abilties are reliable though and Mole-Man's are. Not to mention he has more utility added onto that.
    edited February 2021

IceBro said:

Etjama said:

0_o

Reliable true accuracy, access to tons of debuffs, easy opening and “intercepts”, tons of guarenteed crits, shock immune, really good shrug off, good defender, XL, strong phys resistance, resist.
    Tbh you can't even compare the debuff shrugging of the two. Kingpin is far superior in that category. As for the other things? Yeah... KP does have some physical resist and easy openings with the unstoppable and power lock. Plus you can't enter frenzy to benefit from the true accuracy like @HeraldofGalactus said. I don't see how any of that is better than a 60% chance to shrug any debuff, 100% chance to shrug 8 debuffs to enter overpower, unblockable specials during Overpower, unstoppable on heavy and after sp2, willpower healing, stackable lengthy 65% AAR debuff that also reduces attack by 50% (will help with debuffs in act 6/7), and power lock after the opponent throws a special. All this not even using the Hood or DD synegies.
    IceBro said:

IceBro said:

Etjama said:

0_o

Tbh you can't even compare the debuff shrugging of the two. Kingpin is far superior in that category. As for the other things? Yeah... KP does have some physical resist and easy openings with the unstoppable and power lock. Plus you can't enter frenzy to benefit from the true accuracy like @HeraldofGalactus said. I don't see how any of that is better than a 60% chance to shrug any debuff, 100% chance to shrug 8 debuffs to enter overpower, unblockable specials during Overpower, unstoppable on heavy and after sp2, willpower healing, stackable lengthy 65% AAR debuff that also reduces attack by 50% (will help with debuffs in act 6/7), and power lock after the opponent throws a special. All this not even using the Hood or DD synegies.
    60% chance is not enough when you need to shrug debuffs. Mole-Man has 100% chance without synergies. Kingpin's openings with unstoppable aren't nearly as good since Mole-Man can activate Unstoppable and "intercept" on every blocked hit throughout the whole fight while Kingpin can only do that for 7.5 seconds after a Sp2. Sure, he can't have his true accuracy and be in frenzy at the same time, but it's easy to not go into frenzy and his damage is still great... so why does it matter? In other words, again, Mole-Man does everything Kingpin does but better and he does more.
    This video by Kam does extremely well comparing the 2 and his final thoughts were basically that in his best matchups, Kingpin is a beast that can work better than Mole Man with a synergy. But Mole Man still shines better pretty much everywhere else.

https://youtu.be/Q1oerPGP7PE
    Etjama said:

IceBro said:

IceBro said:

Etjama said:

0_o

60% chance is not enough when you need to shrug debuffs. Mole-Man has 100% chance without synergies. Kingpin's openings with unstoppable aren't nearly as good since Mole-Man can activate Unstoppable and "intercept" on every blocked hit throughout the whole fight while Kingpin can only do that for 7.5 seconds after a Sp2. Sure, he can't have his true accuracy and be in frenzy at the same time, but it's easy to not go into frenzy and his damage is still great... so why does it matter? In other words, again, Mole-Man does everything Kingpin does but better and he does more.
    From my personal testing of the champ... it certainly is. Only time you would need 100% is if the debuffs are ticking really hard like backblast or something like that. Kingpin has ways to reduce the debuff damage and quickly shrug it via his sig ability, sp2 unstoppable, evasion or autoblock of the enemy, etc. Willpower healing is key. What makes Kingpin's unstoppable so special is that it gives you rage in return and allows you to smack down into an opponent especially if they throw a special. Mole Man on the other hand only has unstoppable for a short duration after taking a blocked hit. Heck, Kingpin's heavy attack is almost equivalent to that but given through a different way. Both give physical resist.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    IceBro said:

Etjama said:

IceBro said:

IceBro said:

Etjama said:

0_o

From my personal testing of the champ... it certainly is. Only time you would need 100% is if the debuffs are ticking really hard like backblast or something like that. Kingpin has ways to reduce the debuff damage and quickly shrug it via his sig ability, sp2 unstoppable, evasion or autoblock of the enemy, etc. Willpower healing is key. What makes Kingpin's unstoppable so special is that it gives you rage in return and allows you to smack down into an opponent especially if they throw a special. Mole Man on the other hand only has unstoppable for a short duration after taking a blocked hit. Heck, Kingpin's heavy attack is almost equivalent to that but given through a different way. Both give physical resist.
    So the only time you need 100% purify chance is like, all the damaging debuff nodes in all of Act 6? Mole Man has way more uses
    edited February 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

IceBro said:

Etjama said:

IceBro said:

IceBro said:

Etjama said:

0_o

So the only time you need 100% purify chance is like, all the damaging debuff nodes in all of Act 6? Mole Man has way more uses
    I went up to Torch on an act 7 biohazard path. Reason I couldn't go any further was because I slipped up and took a few hits on one fight and accidentally brought him against torch when his sp2 has energy blasts. Other than that he was handling the path really well without the Hood synergy and regening back the DoT with his willpower. Mole Man can't even fight Biohazard so I don't know why you think his purify is better.

Edit: It was a path meant for mutants so a Horseman sinister for example would be great backup for both Torch and Longshot. KP can do every one of those fights... even Nick Fury besides those two where is unstoppable is transferred to LS and energy infliction on sp2 for Torch. I can see myself playing a lot more sinister with Kingpin and I think Kabam is trying to encourage that