**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How did you find your alliance home?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Will3808 said:

The forums. I asked some question about ally’s that was unrelated to me joining one and someone said he come check out my ally. I’ve been in it for about 6 months now.

Almost my story. There was a post about alliances and I listed the reasons why I wasn't too interested in joining one and the leader of one reached out and said his was laid back so I gave it a shot. Coming up on a year now. No regerts.
  • Options
    Craigslist
  • Options
    I was scrolling thru the list in-game of recommended alliances, and there was one called VeryAngryCowCoalition. I thought huh, that's a funny name I bet the people in it are fun people. Turned out that was true and I've been in it for almost five years since.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★

I was scrolling thru the list in-game of recommended alliances, and there was one called VeryAngryCowCoalition. I thought huh, that's a funny name I bet the people in it are fun people. Turned out that was true and I've been in it for almost five years since.

So the creative cat was recruited by the mad cow? Got it. 😊👍
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Through global
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
    *Cough* Please sir... spare some water *Cough*
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    After joining a couple of random alliances and not being able to figure out what was going on -- no communication, no leadership actively starting AQ or AW -- I posted in this site's recruitment section, explaining my frustration and what I was looking for. An amazing dude who lead an alliance replied, and he said it sounded like we were a good fit. That was two-plus years ago, and I am in the same alliance and in fact am now the leader, and I have continued to recruit and lead just like the guy who brought me in.

My advice is to be specific about what you want out of an alliance. AQ and AW? No AW? Certain map levels? High pressure or chill? And when you get contacted by an alliance, ask questions -- do they randomly kick people, do they communicate well, etc? Whatever you want to know. IMO it is up to both sides to ensure they've made a good fit.
  • Options
    NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    Through discord recruiting chats, haven't regretted it so far
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    The forums, been in this ally for a year now
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    After I started my account I bounced around looking for a group that did some arena and hit the help button. In one of these there was a small group leaving for a more organized alliance and I tagged along. Learned about masteries and other aspects of the game and sped up my progress a lot. Still have lots of friends from that group. Left several others to join a group that got t4cc from AQ back when you could get to incalculable. Was there for ages until it finally blew up when Kabam destroyed War. Bounced around for several seasons playing with friends in different groups and finally settled for now in a Map 7 group when a guy from my first alliance asked me to join.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Randomnly joined a recommended alliance 4 months ago.
  • Options
    Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    I created my own and then set the goals I wanted to achieve. Each member who joined also have similar goals. So it was a good match
  • Options
    Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    Well my story is interesting!
    I just joined a random ally with guy I played incursions and he was the leader there but he left his own ally just after two days and joined any other ally.so I asked him to also take me in to his new ally and I joined with him.
    But that was German ally.I was not able to understand their language so was using translator to understand some chats in which I was getting tagged but some people knew english there so it was not much difficult to stay there.I stayed there around 9 months and then decided to leave as my game progression was demanding more glory,and moving here and there for 2 months finally decided to create my own ally.And we are 28 guys in just 3 weeks effort and yeah I am extremely happy with my decision and I am quite enjoying it.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    I was with my previous alliance for almost a year. I have been them since the beginning of last year when I was still trying to beat Act 4. We were only doing Map 2 back then. Last month we have moved up to Map 5 on 1 BG. I enjoyed my time with them but even though we are growing, I am growing relatively faster and in a different way.

The progress has become too slow for me. Both AQ and AW have become stale and I felt like I was alone as I was the only one pumped to clear content and challenges, except for a few. Around the time I was about to finish 6.4, I looked for an Alliance that will challenge me and leaped to a G1 AW/Map 6 Ally. I feel that I'm at a better place now.

EDIT: I found them in MCOC LFG on reddit.
  • Options
    Jacob72518Jacob72518 Posts: 88
    Global chat on my first day back from a 1.5 year break. Had pretty much nothing. Been here for 2.5 years now. Can Safely call this Home.