**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

If you could choose one champ...

GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
Hey guys, imagine you're starting a new account and you could choose any champ as let's say a 5 stars.

What champ would you use???

I think I'd choose Black Widow Claire Voyant, because of immunities, plus regen, buff control and decent damage.

I don't think ghost or quake could de better on many scenaries, considering that you wont have a lot of champs to use.

what champ would you choose and why?

Comments

• Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Gildenlow said:

Doom. No dupe needed, no high skill required, sustainable and huge damage. You would literally walk all the way through act 4 using only him.

poison or bleed paths would kill him.
    True, but just staring out the game, you don't see any of those at all.
  • Options
    Agree with Clair Voyant however where would you get the materials to rank these 5 stars?
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Corvus would be insane starting out with the 5* too. I’d pick him.
  • Options
    PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Corvus. He was my first 5* and he carried me all the way to Cavalier.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Lol, why the heck wouldn't Quake and Ghost be the best options? They can handle the most in the game which immediately makes them the best options...

I'd choose Quake any day.
  • Options
    LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 192 ★★
    I would Choose Gilly 2099. Regen, double immunity, no chance to crit, power control, armor up, and a damage that is ridiculous. She can really punch up.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Sentry. I wanna be the first to solo the collector with him.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Warlock. Simply can kill anything. Conditions apply on some cosmics.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Quake. She’d be an excellent option lol
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    I'd choose iHulk, because if this was a new account, I wouldn't want to use the same basic super OP champs. iHulk would probably smash through Acts 1-4 with no difficulty, and have a bit of trouble in Act 5 and 6. I would attempt to be the first person to solo every story quest boss in the game with him (minus the Champion, because that's impossible)
  • Options
    DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    Quake.

Best 5* champion in the entire game that will take care of 95% of the content by herself. It’s indisputable.
  • Options
    DylanphileDylanphile Posts: 59
    Everyone saying Quake is...right.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Yea, you could crush everything with a 5* Quake, and be bored to tears.

Quake is absolutely one of the best, but I can't imagine having to bring her everywhere and still enjoying the game.
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Quake
  • Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    hear me out, the problema with quake is that she would be able to handle bleed and poison paths.

The aim here to choose an champion that will guide through it all with no synergies what so ever. In that way Claire is probably the most balanced option.

Although guilly and warlock could be great choices.
  • Options
    IryseIryse Posts: 462 ★★★
    HYPERION

Power gain cheat code
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Gildenlow said:

hear me out, the problema with quake is that she would be able to handle bleed and poison paths.

The aim here to choose an champion that will guide through it all with no synergies what so ever. In that way Claire is probably the most balanced option.

Most nodes with debuffs involve making contact with the opponent. The only problem nodes for her would be the "This debuffs does 100% of your health over this amount of time" nodes. And there isn't a single champ in this game who can deal with everything, but Quake undoubtedly deals with the most, which makes her the best option.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Archangel. He’s been in the game for a while and I still don’t have him as a 5*
  • Options
    Gildenlow said:

Hey guys, imagine you're starting a new account and you could choose any champ as let's say a 5 stars.

What champ would you use???

Probably Warlock.

To be honest, any champ will do up to Act 4, so that's not a concern. I would be looking to get a champ that will be useful for me across the game as I go past Act 4 into the mid game and higher. So I would be thinking about good options for Act 5, good options for Variants, good options for at least Cavalier. Warlock is good for Act 5, he will do good work in 6.1 for Cavalier, and he's an excellent Variant champ (tech and XL). So I think he's the long term best bet for me and would accelerate my progress the most if I was starting a new account (and trying to aggressively push it forward).
  • Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Claire becuz at 5* r3, she has 1.3k burst on every hit of her sp2, and in act 4, most health pools aren't high enough to tank that
  • Options
    simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Ghost.
  • Options
    Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I'd choose iHulk, because if this was a new account, I wouldn't want to use the same basic super OP champs. iHulk would probably smash through Acts 1-4 with no difficulty, and have a bit of trouble in Act 5 and 6. I would attempt to be the first person to solo every story quest boss in the game with him (minus the Champion, because that's impossible)

You can't solo Sinister either without the Hiemdall, hela synergy, not to forget iceman in 6.4 and many more I am sure
  • Options
    hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    Iceman bcuz even tho colossus was my first (this was way b4 the buff), iceman was the first 5* I actually used resources on, and eventually my first r5. He carried me thru sm content. Post buff venom would probably be my 2nd choice with AA as my 3rd.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    as much as I love Claire and Doom .. all it would take is having one Human Torch on a path and i'd be shat out of luck. so i'd pick (if nodes aren't the matter) ... Void or Colossus.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Etjama said:

Gildenlow said:

Most nodes with debuffs involve making contact with the opponent. The only problem nodes for her would be the "This debuffs does 100% of your health over this amount of time" nodes. And there isn't a single champ in this game who can deal with everything, but Quake undoubtedly deals with the most, which makes her the best option.
    Plus if you have willpower quake can survive that once, or Nick plus dead pool and she can do all of them
  • Options
    swmcswswmcsw Posts: 249 ★★
    Probley caiw
  • Options
    SliceandDiceSliceandDice Posts: 63
    I would pick Sparky cause he is my favourite. Also he can evade specials so it would be useful for beginners.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    Gladiator hulk or Hyperion