**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why are Kabbam taking Hoods utility

Ghost12Ghost12 Posts: 604 ★★★
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I think its dissapoiting the fact that Hood is going to be loosing a lot of utility, mainly his l2(hex) which is an amazing piece of utility and allows you control the fight if especially running Mystic dispersion this men is a beast. I'm honestly mad though because again it feels more like a nerf then a buff. Hood is an amazing character they way he is, he just needs a tune up on damage and that's it. I don't get why he needs an entire overhaul no one said he was in need of an entire change only a buff on damage. I've used my rank 1 5 star hood for plenty of content and I was even gonna rank him up to 5 because his just an amazing champion with an amazing utility. Some things are getting nice upgrades but the persistent charge and nerf on his l2 is just dissapointing. I appreciate Kabbams buffs but damage isn't everything and I feel like it's peoples fault on this one because when yellow got updated, most people were mad because he didn't have damage despite of the amazing utility and resistance this champion has, which utility is always better than damage most of the time. I'm not hating on kabbam or anything but I would appreciate if he was able to keep his l2 hex and a lot more the same, if you want make changes fine but don't take things that already make his character already better. Anyways I trust the Kabam team to make a good decision and do more research on hood before releasing his buff.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Ghost12Ghost12 Posts: 604 ★★★
    Terra said:

For "balance" purposes.
    Pfft, garbage. He was fine as is, a perfect middle level mystic.

Yeah he was amazing the way he was but again people always complaining even my friend went ehh hood thats a bad pull, I even had a long conversation with him of why his an amazing champion and why he shouldn't be mad of that pull. Hood is amazing but if this buff happens its just going to kill all his motivation be used. Buffs are suppose to be something hyped not something to fear (like someone said) and its sad that even we have to discuss this

Right, basically do not rank any champ that is being worked on in the slightest is the only way to not get upset at changes. Otherwise you need to be able to enjoy a game despite the business and development practices. I think we all want the business and development to be more caring but every time we get complacent the same old behavior starts creeping back into the forefront. It's like having a relation with someone who is abusive and promises not to do it again and to better.

Yeah I Agree. I always l wait till they are released. But I feel bad for people because it isn't fair and apparently the people who do CCP and used hood said that his buff isn't a buff its a nerf. They even made a sheet about his nerf. Its disappointing nvr the less and im just mad because kabbam are showing good will, but this hood nerf is just bad. There ruining there character just like they did with the cavalier difficulty where it use to be fun and perfect and now its just a mess. I don't think even Kabbam play the game enough to understand that the cavalier nodes are just bad at least the skill one is the worst
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    The real question is why does anyone care? You can go back 3 years and not find 4 topics on hood on any platform. Now all of sudden everyone’s in an uproar lol.
    Ghost12 said:

Right, basically do not rank any champ that is being worked on in the slightest is the only way to not get upset at changes. Otherwise you need to be able to enjoy a game despite the business and development practices. I think we all want the business and development to be more caring but every time we get complacent the same old behavior starts creeping back into the forefront. It's like having a relation with someone who is abusive and promises not to do it again and to better.

Yeah I Agree. I always l wait till they are released. But I feel bad for people because it isn't fair and apparently the people who do CCP and used hood said that his buff isn't a buff its a nerf. They even made a sheet about his nerf. Its disappointing nvr the less and im just mad because kabbam are showing good will, but this hood nerf is just bad. There ruining there character just like they did with the cavalier difficulty where it use to be fun and perfect and now its just a mess. I don't think even Kabbam play the game enough to understand that the cavalier nodes are just bad at least the skill one is the worst
    You’re the first person who I’ve ever heard say that cavalier difficulty was fun and perfect. It was never fun but rather long and boring. It was never difficult or engaging and never perfect not to mention the rewards are so underwhelming it’s pathetic
    DNA3000 said:

The real question is why does anyone care? You can go back 3 years and not find 4 topics on hood on any platform. Now all of sudden everyone’s in an uproar lol.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1683723/#Comment_1683723

For me, it is not about Hood specifically. It is about what Hood represents, in a world where Kabam is adjusting several champs every month, instead of a couple every year.

In terms of my roster personally, the Hood change is probably a slight net positive. I have a very wide roster, I don't have the same investment in Hood, and I have other options. The change doesn't hurt either my ability to complete content or nullify any significant resource investments I've made. But it is still wrong, and I would reverse it if I could.
    Kabam isn’t perfect not every buff/adjustment is going to be perfect it’s a silly expectation to have. The big picture is that kabam has nailed it far more than failed it with their reworks so far and personally I’d rather they continue with how they are doing things.

The reality is that even if there is a player who uses hood regularly the minute they pull doom or Claire or any of the 10 or so mystics that are better than him he’ll get put on the shelf to collect dust.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1683723/#Comment_1683723

For me, it is not about Hood specifically. It is about what Hood represents, in a world where Kabam is adjusting several champs every month, instead of a couple every year.

In terms of my roster personally, the Hood change is probably a slight net positive. I have a very wide roster, I don't have the same investment in Hood, and I have other options. The change doesn't hurt either my ability to complete content or nullify any significant resource investments I've made. But it is still wrong, and I would reverse it if I could.

The reality is that even if there is a player who uses hood regularly the minute they pull doom or Claire or any of the 10 or so mystics that are better than him he’ll get put on the shelf to collect dust.
    @Cat_Murdock would beg to differ. I know there are other Hood users too. He’s not as bad a champion as you seem to be hellbent on proving for unknown reasons.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Reality? Based on what?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Reality? Based on what?
    Based on the hardware that's installed on it.

Why does anyone care, because not everyone can pull doom, Claire, symbiote or some of the good Mystic champs. Hood if we talking about who controls fights better I would say hood because with his l2 he can simple nullify all buffs with simple that l2 even people used hood for the act 6 chapter 2 champion bro. Just because you don't use him doesn't mean everyone else doesn't use him. His a very important champion as he now plays important to both Kingpin and Ghost so again thats why I care because If I need a good Mystic champion in the team if I were ever too bring this team then hood would be that teammate, but this nerf isn't gonna make him better is gonna make him worse

Ghost12 said:

You’re the first person who I’ve ever heard say that cavalier difficulty was fun and perfect. It was never fun but rather long and boring. It was never difficult or engaging and never perfect not to mention the rewards are so underwhelming it’s pathetic
    The heck you talking about the new changes just made it worse. It was perfect before the way it was, especially science lane, mutant and Mystic lanes they were amazing including the tech and cosmic but the new changes they ruined it. What was once a fun difficulty and didn't felt like it need it a focus roster after being updated now you need a focus roster especially for Mystic lane, Skill lane and a lot more. This cavalier was the first one I didn't bother fully explore because it was lame and boring none of the nodes were fun they were all lame except the cosmic side. But I get is your opinion though i don't know how it took you long to finish one of the easiest diffilcultys especially if you brought luke cage in science, warlock in tech, hit monkey or Ronin in skill, mystic doom, hood, sorcerer or Claire, cosmic hyperion. It wasn't hard difficulty as those nodes felt it better and fun these ones they just destroyed it for me
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    Short answers: Because they can and are out of touch with why anyone liked The Hood to begin with.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Hood was one of the best Buff Controller in game (with Mystic Dispersion)