**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Questions re: DDHK

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★

Trying to put a polish on my second DDHK 6* pull in three tries...

Reading this Dev note, as I understand it, DDHK needs to reach a combo of 16 to avoid thorns/Electro damage. Is that correct?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    @Terra your DDHK knowledge is needed
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Reading this Dev note, as I understand it, DDHK needs to reach a combo of 16 to avoid thorns/Electro damage. Is that correct?

Dr. Zola

This is correct yeah, he has two modes he switches between. 16 or more hits is when you gain access to AAR and the ability to ignore thorn like abilities with his sig, the higher the sig level, the more damage you ignore. I’m halfway through writing a proper guide on him, should be ready in a few days. Might be helpful to you when it’s done
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Yes, that’s correct. I used him on the Electro Luke boss with this mechanic. Just stay above 16 combo and you’re golden
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    A little side note: the rage debuff from exiting Murdock's Boy will help you heal back any damage you took getting to a combo of 16.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    These are great responses @Cat_Murdock @MegaSkater67 and @magnus_xix.

Thank you—it would be nice to have a full understanding of any good applications of what feel like convoluted mechanics.

Dr. Zola

And to the mods: I’d appreciate it if this thread didn’t get mothballed to Strategies. Helpful to be able to access on the front page.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    If you need shrugging off non-damaging debuffs as a peice of utility then throw heavies and sp2s when you have between 16-21 hits on the combo meter

If u need DAAR as a piece of utility, throw heavies when you have between 21-26 hits on the combo meter and the sp2 when you have between 25-30.

I like to use him with the Kingpin synergy which gives him rage debuffs on blocked hits. You can also pair this up with the Elektra/Psylocke synergy which inflicts a 35% disorient on heavies. If u take a couple blocked hits at the start of the fight, this allows you to get -100% DAAR in total in Stick's Apprentice without having to land any hits.

The hit-monkey synergy is also pretty sweet. It gives you 100% perfect block chance against non contact projectiles e.g. War machine and Punisher's special attacks but not a necessity.

I've been wanting to make a write up on DDHK for the longest time because I genuinely think he has more utility than any other champion in the game but you know how threads like that go...
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Oh wait my bad you asked for applications 😅.

Non-damaging debuff shrug off: BPCW, Air walker, Annihilus, long distance relationship, the LDR equivalent of fatigue, encroaching stun (be careful with this one)

DAAR: evade, autoblock, bio hazard, freezer burn, Thing, IMIW

Immune to miss: Ebony maw, invisible woman, dark hawk, mysterio, tunnel vision

Damage back counter: electro, korg, thorns

Manipulation of combo: counter tactics, lazarus, dismay

Disorient: Rhino boss in 7.1.2, cav skill node.

I'm sure I've missed some other match ups but that the gist of it. He's also AW: Damage over time which could come in handy in the future if you do AW
  • Options
    Need to dust off my Voodoo combo counting skills it seems...

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★

I'm sure I've missed some other match ups but that the gist of it. He's also AW: Damage over time which could come in handy in the future if you do AW

Ignore idiots. Having a well-written write-up on a champ with low utilization by a person that uses them often is always nice.

I mean it's best to keep with facts because nobody is allowed opinions in mcoc, but all it really causes is discussion and free forum points.

Honestly DDHK seems pretty useful in many situations. Only problem I have with him is that he melts with suicides for some reason. It's not like they released Ibom the same month, lol.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

If you need shrugging off non-damaging debuffs as a peice of utility then throw heavies and sp2s when you have between 16-21 hits on the combo meter

If u need DAAR as a piece of utility, throw heavies when you have between 21-26 hits on the combo meter and the sp2 when you have between 25-30.

I like to use him with the Kingpin synergy which gives him rage debuffs on blocked hits. You can also pair this up with the Elektra/Psylocke synergy which inflicts a 35% disorient on heavies. If u take a couple blocked hits at the start of the fight, this allows you to get -100% DAAR in total in Stick's Apprentice without having to land any hits.

The hit-monkey synergy is also pretty sweet. It gives you 100% perfect block chance against non contact projectiles e.g. War machine and Punisher's special attacks but not a necessity.

I've been wanting to make a write up on DDHK for the longest time because I genuinely think he has more utility than any other champion in the game but you know how threads like that go...

Make the thread, don't listen to da haters
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    edited March 2021

Go for it.

DDHK has a lot of utility, spread between his core kit and his synergies.

The early doors advice I’d give to new players, and to echo your comments, is that being aware of the combo count is a key part of playing DDHK. Learning the combo numbers to drop Heavies and Specials to get the effect you need is key to getting the best out of his kit.

When I first started playing with the new DDHK I used the Spider-Gwen synergy a lot. Fisk’s Downfall is useful but you may need to be careful you don’t miss the notification to say it’s active again. Spider-Gwen herself can put out some pretty impressively damage if on a synergy team with Venom and DDHK.

The Secret of the Hand and Rule of Law synergies can be particularly useful too. It’s a shame that as of now Elektra isn’t great, and Psylocke has her issues too but I know some have a decent handle on her. Other synergies such as Fury’s boost with CMM may help too.

Rage can be a useful mechanic. It allows you to heal a small amount of damage with Willpower (more on that later). I’ve found it more useful though for healing up some of the chip damage from blocking and when I’ve made an occasional mistake. I would say to anyone to not expect it to be anywhere near Wolverine’s Regen or Voodoo’s fight start ability because it’s most certainly not.

It would be remiss not to mention the key two issues with the DDHK buff, specifically the level of damage output and the Regeneration Rate hit both need looking at. The kit is nearly there, it just falls short in a couple of pretty crucial areas.

I would be interested to hear people’s experiences with 5* vs 6*, AW attacker vs defender, node combinations etc. It would be nice to see a numbers breakdown of the various Mastery options to try and get the best out of the Regen Rate penalty.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,007 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

@Terra your DDHK knowledge is needed

Haha, I'm too slow.
    There has already been plenty of insightful comments here, I can't add anything to them.
  • Options
    TheDaywalkerTheDaywalker Posts: 143
    I wish he could shrug all non damaging debuffs tbh. He only shrugs one of each which is kind of sad. Also kinda weird that he has to be in Murdock Boy before he gets any non damaging debuffs to shrug them off which forces me to launch a heavy at 15 combo just gain a Rage, but somehow go back into Murdock Boy first to shrug stuff off. It's either that or spam heavies the entire fight which I always despised lol.