**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cav Science Path Still Painfully Slow

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
The changes are still not enough, I'm currently on my 5th path of this 6 path marathon and I feel like I'm in Abyss.

I'm using 5/65 Void, 5/65 CAIW and R2 6* Luke Cage. On paper these champs should be great, Luke Cage was an absolute monster on the previous Cav node. Not so much anymore.

Even with all 15 furies, these champs are not hitting that hard. Luke Cage is critting 12K on his mediums just now, it's pathetic.

Kabam say they want to save us time, and then they put in defenders like Hulkbuster on a entire path with Running on Fumes (yay, no crits).

These fights aren't hard, they're just a tedious waste of my time. Please buff the furies to something more meaningful, 20% per fury just isn't cutting it, not even close.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    I'm pretty sure its bugged. The passive weakness should be gone if a non dot is on the opponent.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

12k mediums is pathetic?

Hmm...

Yes it is, that's with full suicides and after building up to that level over the duration of the fight. The other nodes, for the other classes, are significantly more rewarding.

My sympathy goes out to anyone doing 100% without suicides.
    I 100% the whole EQ last night without them. Once the skill node got fixed it was quite easy.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    They've all been fast for me so far, but science was definitely the slowest. I wouldn't mind them changing it to 5 max furies and tripling the potency so the ramp up is faster
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

12k mediums is pathetic?

Hmm...

its called the post cgr syndrome
    Surprised that dude hasn't been nerfed yet.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    I find Cap IW annoyingly slow because he can glance and not convert the poisons to furies on parry. Outside of that I had no problem.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I just used Rulk and OG Abom with RG for pretty much the whole quest
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Spider-Ham, Spider-Ham, does whatever a spider can. No need for cries, just hit a couple of lucky mediums and watch the opponent melt away
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

12k mediums is pathetic?

Hmm...

its called the post cgr syndrome
    Surprised that dude hasn't been nerfed yet.
    Most end-game players don't seem to rank him as best Cosmic, or even second best a lot of times. He's a weird puppy, that no-dex mechanic was a nice leash for him.

I think Cav EQ is fine. Still slow, but fine, as it's much, much more worth it now. It is a bit sad that sometimes the best option DPS wise is to Ghost/Quake/Doom/Torch/etc. a path while ignoring the node, but nothing is perfect.
  • Options
    AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    I run ibom for the science chapter and most things are dead sub 40 hits without suicides. The weakness is annoying but I just truck through it no problem.
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    i used the full Fantastic Four team with Doom, went really fast using Reed as the main lane clearer
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Void. Doesn’t matter if he doesn’t crit. Lol
  • Options
    Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★

The changes are still not enough, I'm currently on my 5th path of this 6 path marathon and I feel like I'm in Abyss.

I'm using 5/65 Void, 5/65 CAIW and R2 6* Luke Cage. On paper these champs should be great, Luke Cage was an absolute monster on the previous Cav node. Not so much anymore.

Even with all 15 furies, these champs are not hitting that hard. Luke Cage is critting 12K on his mediums just now, it's pathetic.

Kabam say they want to save us time, and then they put in defenders like Hulkbuster on a entire path with Running on Fumes (yay, no crits).

These fights aren't hard, they're just a tedious waste of my time. Please buff the furies to something more meaningful, 20% per fury just isn't cutting it, not even close.

I'm using immortal abomination for most fights and he is making this science nodes very easy
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Just to reiterate, I’ve 100%ed Cav today, no revives, yes it’s easy, but it takes so very long. The science chapter took longer than the tech chapter, the 20% fury needs to be higher. And nodes like Running on Fumes removing crits just make the fights unnecessarily long and miserable.
  • Options
    ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    It's useless to come here and state that issue in a community that mostly enjoys critting 2k-3k
    with 5/65 champions on noded opponents with 250-350k HP.
    They love the suffering and the slow fights that can last 10-20mins each easily.

I feel ya bro, the same boat here @Palanthrax
    Using She-Hulk 4/55 duped, CapIW sig 200 rank 5/65, and that's it for me in Science...
    People gonna disagree with me, nor I care.
    People toxic here and like my Dad always says, people, HATE when you tell the truth.
    They know it too, but they prefer going with the flock of sheep.

I'll hoard units via Arena, stack resources, and go hardcore boosted the paths that will be left
    since the bump up in rewards now kinda worth it :)
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Valmarx said:

It's useless to come here and state that issue in a community that mostly enjoys critting 2k-3k
    with 5/65 champions on noded opponents with 250-350k HP.
    They love the suffering and the slow fights that can last 10-20mins each easily.

I feel ya bro, the same boat here @Palanthrax
    Using She-Hulk 4/55 duped, CapIW sig 200 rank 5/65, and that's it for me in Science...
    People gonna disagree with me, nor I care.
    People toxic here and like my Dad always says, people, HATE when you tell the truth.
    They know it too, but they prefer going with the flock of sheep.

I'll hoard units via Arena, stack resources, and go hardcore boosted the paths that will be left
    since the bump up in rewards now kinda worth it :)

if you are getting 3k on a crit in cav eq you are doing something wrong or not taking advantage of the nodes: my rhulk did 15k with the second hit of his heavy (after 30 seconds of fight) followed by a 27k burst damage... isn't this enough for you? I have yet to find a fight (aside from bosses) that last longer than 50 hits ^_^