**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How different would the Contest be if Awakened Abilities were never made?

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
Essentially Void would never be able to create Fear of the Void, Omega Red couldn’t do damage from Death Spores without Deathfield, ÆGON couldn’t keep his combo throughout fights, and Ghost could never gain power from phasing

How different would the Contest be if Awakened Abilities were never made? 101 votes

The Contest would be VERY different
75%
BitterSteelWorld EaterFeuerschwerzuffyLuciusVorenusphillgreenTerraUnDEADGamerSungjCat_MurdockThatGuyYouSaw235Rbk19yuwShrimpRredsoxpatsfan89Raichu626Colonaut123KnightZeroVoltolosRockyshocky 76 votes
The Contest would be a LITTLE Different
7%
SnakeEyes69Wine_Lover_Sham_StevieManWonderHeraldofThunderMCOCHazzaValentinos13MrInsanity 8 votes
The Contest would NOT be different
3%
winterthurMaxwell24Bawa69AGYAAT 4 votes
This hurts my brain to think about it
12%
ccrider474SvensktigerXva23N0_UMasterpuffBen_15455Adokodishika123HagureMeijinHI_guysRiptideDragfire1760Cantona59 13 votes

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

the question then becomes would the ability that would be thir awakened abilty just be gone or would it be added to their base kit but maybe at sig 50 for 4 stars and below and sig 100 for 5 stars and above?
    if its the former a lot of the best champs would be useless, no way aegon, caiw, nf, colossus, medusa, aa, and many many more would even be used let alone top tier.
    If its the latter itd make the game much easier to get into and less reliant on spending. that being said idk if itd be a good thing for the game, cuz there are players such as myself that enjoy the task of trying to get, awaken and sig up the best champs, gives me something to strive for other than story completion

They would be completely gone and not a part of their kit
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    The game would be much more enjoyable as you wouldn't cry on your luck if you pulled a 6* Aegon or Cap iw .
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    The game at start had 0 so very different as magik wouldnt limbo blade have no regen ghost wouldnt gain power when phased wasp evade would be a long cool down antman wont glance bw wont aar nick wont ever have a decoy if it stayed till this date lol wouldnt be done
  • TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    Iron Fist and Cyclops would be more usable. The blue one at least.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    The game would probably have died by now. One of the things that gives it longevity is the fact that one pull doesn’t complete a champion. Sure now if they weren’t in the game it wouldn’t necessarily be so impactful with 150+ champions and 50 odd ‘god tiers’ but that’s effectively rolling with classic cap and Ironman etc. As the end state for a lot of champions.
  • rvcubingrvcubing Posts: 140
    that LOL magik would be a push over lmao
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Many champions are designed keeping sig abilities in mind too so that'd be different too.
    Eg: Namor vs Korg sig
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    The Contest would NOT be different
    Because then all these ability could be the part of base kit...🤔
    Sig ability is a aspect of mcoc where you can improve your champs a bit/huge more by investing some resources/time, without this mcoc could be boring & too quick to explore all the content.
    edited March 2021
    DISCLAIMER: As Posted in the Description. The Champions’ Sig abilities would have never existed. Meaning that it would not be a part of their base abilities and it would cease to exist. This means that Ghost would never be able to gain power through her phase EVER. That is why I am asking how different the Contest would be if these abilities never existed.

You're asking if removing sig abilities, a core design concept, would change the game. Lol.

If you wanna get galaxy brain about it, then: There'd be new meta, and new memes, but we'd still just be fighting to earn stuff so we can obtain and rank up champs -- so no, the game wouldn't change at all.

What I mean is how much would it change not if it would change. I personally think it would change the game so much
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Wait are you saying the ability the champions gain would be removed, or the champs have the sig ability already built in to their normal kit?
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

Wait are you saying the ability the champions gain would be removed, or the champs have the sig ability already built in to their normal kit?

The former.

So Star-Lord never ramps up, Thor (Ragnarok) becomes even more of a meme, OG Thor also becomes pretty meme, Hela and the OG Punisher no longer gain Indestructible...
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★

The former.

So Star-Lord never ramps up, Thor (Ragnarok) becomes even more of a meme, OG Thor also becomes pretty meme, Hela and the OG Punisher no longer gain Indestructible...
    So sl be memed on for since release at least og bp will be god tier if no sigs
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    This hurts my brain to think about it
    I remember when they were added. That's where I got the duped 2* punisher as it was a freebie to show the "new" dupe ability. Game was so different then with no dupes, parry or dex. It was getting stale as base is all you had but gamora and bp classic were amazing then. I couldn't go back to that though. Game would have been ignored well and truly by now.
  • The Contest would be VERY different
    The game would change so much, but at least my boi nightcrawler would be more relevant.